Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? (3926 Views)

Real Reason Buhari/idiagbon Government Was Overthrown In 1985! / Obasanjo’s Government Was The Most Corrupt In The History Of Nigeria.--- / “jonathan’s Government Was totally Unprepared For Bokoharam Insurgency” – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 01, 2012
which nigerian government in our histroy was devoid of strikes - nlc strike, ASUU strike, NMA strikes etc of any sort?
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by iluvnaija: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2012
Buhari!
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 01, 2012
really? who will support your answer?
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2012
Maybe in the first republic. I'm not sure though.
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by aljharem(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2012
Buhari I think
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by tjmadrid: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2012
abacha
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by buzor(m): 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2012
i think obj, yarudua and gej tops d list.
*hisses and goes outside*
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by MAYOWAAK: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2012
alj harem:

Buhari I think

Although am also an unrepentant supporter of General Buhari.The Nigerian Medical Association of Nigeria embarked on a strike action during his regime which was spearheaded by Prof. Femi Soyinka (Wole Soyinka's younger brother),then a professor of Medicine at University of Ife which led to his brief dention and Late Dr Beko Ransome Kuti.
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by executinal(m): 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2012
Buhari government

Major-General Buhari was selected to lead the country by middle and high-ranking military officers after a successful military coup d'etat that overthrew civilian President Shehu Shagari on December 31, 1983. At the time, Buhari was head of the Third Armored Division of Jos.[4] Buhari was appointed Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, and Tunde Idiagbon was appointed Chief of General Staff (the de facto No. 2 in the administration). Buhari justified the military's seizure of power by castigating the civilian government as hopelessly corrupt, and his administration subsequently initiated a public campaign against indiscipline known as "War Against Indiscipline" (WAI). Aspects of this campaign included public humiliation of civil servants who arrived late for work whilst guards were armed with whips to ensure orderly queues at bus stops.[5]
He also moved to silence critics of his administration, passing decrees curbing press freedoms and allowing for opponents to be detained up to three months without formal charges.[6] [size=22pt]He also banned strikes and lockouts by workers[6] [/size]and founded Nigeria's first secret police force,
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by Image123(m): 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
Lord Lugard?
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by Baawaa(m): 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2012
Yara dua,though his government is short,but it is strike free
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by niddamugu(m): 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2012
None. But Buhari/Idiagbon regime, it was by force that people must not strike. Therefore, none.
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by naptu2: 5:07pm On Feb 02, 2012
Nigeria Medical Association went on strike during Buhari's tenure. Beko Ransome-Kuti was detained.
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by niddamugu(m): 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2012
Yara dua,though his government is short,but it is strike free
Then GEJ set the records as he experienced the longest in recent years.

on a lighter note, my 100th post is dedicated to you - BaaWaa grin grin
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by cardoso111(m): 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2012
Gowon I suppose
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by kizito96(m): 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
Buhari Idiagbon, but they killed Boatholomew Owoh and jailed Mr. Irabor the journalist. They commited murder
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by efisher(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
When I saw this topic, I knew some Buhari worshipers would soon come in and claim there was no strike during his tenure. There is an overwhelming amount of information freely available both online and offline to prove that his regime was not devoid of strikes. This is despite his cruel ban on strikes and his terrible human rights records.
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
None.
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by clem2love(m): 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2012
i guess it adbusali and muritala
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by victorazy(m): 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2012
Nnamdi Azikiwe
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by Tittos: 2:06am On Feb 03, 2012
ASUU went on strike during Yaradua's tenure and NMA went on strike during Buhari's tenure,even with his ban on strike,
Re: Which Nigerian Government Was Strike Free? by Baawaa(m): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2012
[flash=200,200]http://on a lighter note, my 100th post is dedicated to you - BaaWaa Grin Grin[/flash]

Thanks my brother,, If not his health , Yar dua,was the best president Nigeria has had

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING. Scores Dead In Twin Explosion In Maiduguri Market / Pic Of Buhari & His Late First Wife,Hadiza & Children At The Govt House In 1983 / Corruption: The Bane Of Our Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.