Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West (11710 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / African Union Should Withdraw From Somalia- From A Somali / Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by xcolanto(m): 1:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
From Munyaradzi Huni in ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia ´The Herald – Zimbabwe

PRESIDENT Mugabe has warned that recolonisation of Africa might take place if leaders fail to handle issues as the continent’s founding fathers used to do.
He said the AU should not rush to recognise Libya’s National Transitional Council, but look at exactly what happened in that country leading to the callous murder of Colonel Muammar Gadaffi. The President said America and Europe have ran out of resources and “they will come to Africa” as the continent continues to discover more resources.

Speaking during the session on Peace and Security here yesterday, President Mugabe said Africa should have said “No, No” to the bombing of Libya by NATO. Zimbabwe is a member of the AU Peace and Security Commission.

“We fought imperialism and colonialism and forced them out of Africa . . . Our founding fathers did not have the means, but they stood up and said ‘no’ but here we are absolutely silent.
“We should have said no, no to NATO,” said the President adding that due to the silence, “Gadaffi was killed in broad daylight, his children hunted like animals and then we rush to recognise the NTC.”

He said it was not the mandate of the Peace and Security Commission to recognise the NTC and the summit “should look at what happened and we should be deciding whether to recognise the NTC or not.” “Well, well that was Libya. Who will be next?” asked the President.

He said NATO had now discovered that “we are toothless bulldogs” and “they can come in and out” of the continent without anyone challenging them.
“This is not what our founding fathers would have thought would happen. We don’t certainly represent them properly if we take that stance. So I am saying let’s look at ourselves Mr Chairman, look at ourselves and look at Europe. “I saw a picture yesterday of Gadaffi shaking hands with Sarkozy in France after they invited him there, but those hands that Gadaffi was shaking were the hands that were going to kill him a few months later.“How far then do we go in associating with such people?

“They have an economic crisis in Europe, they have exhausted their resources.
“Africa still has plenty of them. We are discovering more oil, more minerals, gold more diamonds. We still have our natural resources, natural gas, so another recolonisation might take place. Let us take care, all of us. It has not just happened to Gadaffi.

“America will need more oil, Europe needs more oil,” he said, adding that soon after killing Gadaffi, America and Europe rushed to apportion themselves oil.
The President said he was there when the Organisation of African Unity was formed in 1963 in Ethiopia and he went on to attend its next meeting in 1964 in Cairo, Egypt, before he was arrested by the Rhodesian regime.

“You redeemed me (freeing him from jail), you redeemed Mandela and many more and we thank you because you are the successors of the founding fathers who actually did it.

“If they did it, you did it but this time there are things you are not doing which they would have done. Let us be like them,” he said to thunderous applause from the delegates.
South African President Jacob Zuma was chairing the session and soon after the President’s speech, a clearly livid and incoherent NTC representative took to the floor but some delegates were already walking out. grin grin
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by xcolanto(m): 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2012
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by pendo89(f): 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2012
can't believe he spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by xcolanto(m): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2012
This is one of the last African leaders (RIP Qaddafi) that can speak boldly against the West in an A.U meeting for that matter unlike some other puppet and stooge leaders that have been brainwashed into worshiping western governments with their degrading policies towards Africa and Africans as a whole. Bravo Mugabe. Tell em!! cool
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by gaddafe(m): 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2012
xcolanto:

and soon after the President’s speech, a clearly livid and incoherent NTC representative took to the floor but some delegates were already walking out. grin grin
grin grin grin grin

The delegates did well quite alright. But then if u ask me i'll say Mugabe should thread with caution. I personally believe the colonisation has started. Only that its in phases.
If Mugabe is not careful they might kill him! Yes they are that determined.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by igbo2011(m): 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2012
First Ivory Coast, then Libya, I wonder who is next? Eveeryone who knows the truth should be telling their friends and family about what is really giong on. People must be aware before it is too late. Mugabe is the only true leader in Africa. We need more natinalists!!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2012
Anybody taking Mugabe seriously need to see a doctor quick. He should unite Zimbabwe first before calling for African unity.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by zolzlolz(f): 8:35am On Feb 02, 2012
justwise:

Anybody taking Mugabe seriously need to see a doctor quick. He should unite Zimbabwe first before calling for African unity.
You are right. This man wiped out thousands of Ndebeles in Matabeleland. Under Mugabe Shonas have gotten preferential treatment to Ndebeles. How are you guys going to justify this?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by pendo89(f): 8:56am On Feb 02, 2012
What is wrong with African politics!! we always contradict each other.What seems right in another person's eye is wrong in another.
What benefits a majority ends up depriving the minority of their rights.
Is there any right action any leader can take? Cant always please the majority.
I surrender.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 8:59am On Feb 02, 2012
zolzlolz:

You are right. This man wiped out thousands of Ndebeles in Matabeleland. Under Mugabe Shonas have gotten preferential treatment to Ndebeles. How are you guys going to justify this?

Thank you!!!!!! Ndebeles will never feel part of Zimbabwe until Sekuru Mugabe is gone and somebody who cares about ALL Zimbabweans comes in and unite that country, Zimbabwe is not just about Shona tribe and Zanu-PF.

Mugabe shamelessly killed that country since around 1998 when he started using war vets to eliminate his opponents just to remain in power.

He was the darling of the west, he dinned and wine with them, supported and sanctioned Nigeria suspension from commonwealth during Abacha regime, now he has the gut to call for support against the west because they refused to seat and watch him commit more atrocities.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by zolzlolz(f): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2012
The fruits of Mugabe's supposèd struggle against whites in Zimbabwe are being enjoyed by ZANU-PF supporters. The farms Mugabe took from white farmers are given to ZANU-PF supporters. I've read articles about the big guys in the ZANU-PF party owning a dozen farms and even double the houses, mansions rather with 22 bedrooms. This is Mugabe's liberation. And no this was not written in a US/UK newspaper, but who knows, the writers of those Zim papers might be working for the CIA I don't know. Zimbabweans are some of the brightest people academically, but my university campus has hundreds of Zimbabwean students. What happened to the University of Zimbabwe? Many of the black lecturers at my university are Zimbabwean. Why is it that with Mugabe's anti-imperialist stance, his children cannot even study at their country's universities. Why do the children of ZANU-PF leaders go to study in the US, Canada, the UK etc, Why did Mugabe's own daughter study in Hong Kong, instead of studying in UZ?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by pendo89(f): 9:32am On Feb 02, 2012
mmh.am learning a lot.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 9:49am On Feb 02, 2012
zolzlolz:

[b]The fruits of Mugabe's supposèd struggle against whites in Zimbabwe are being enjoyed by ZANU-PF supporters. The farms Mugabe took from white farmers are given to ZANU-PF supporters. I've read articles about the big guys in the ZANU-PF party owning a dozen farms and even double the houses, mansions rather with 22 bedrooms. This is Mugabe's liberation. [/b]And no this was not written in a US/UK newspaper, but who knows, the writers of those Zim papers might be working for the CIA I don't know. [b]Zimbabweans are some of the brightest people academically, [/b]but my university campus has hundreds of Zimbabwean students. What happened to the University of Zimbabwe? Many of the black lecturers at my university are Zimbabwean. Why is it that with Mugabe's anti-imperialist stance, his children cannot even study at their country's universities. Why do the children of ZANU-PF leaders go to study in the US, Canada, the UK etc, Why did Mugabe's own daughter study in Hong Kong, instead of studying in UZ?

You are absolutely right!! The farms are given to Mugabe supporters who got no interest in farming whatsoever!! The white farmers have to destroyed some of their irrigation system when war vets started killing and driving them out of the farm, if the whole idea of land-redistribution was about black empowerment how come Zimbabwe can not produce what they can eat even as the lands is in their hands since early 2002?

Zimbabweans has the highest rate of literacy in Africa because they were enjoying FREE education paid for by the West, fuel subsidy in a country that produce no fuel but subsidised by hand out from the west, up until 2003 Zimbabweans comes to the UK visa FREE, when all those incentives were taken away by the west as a result of Mugabe wicked policies Zimbabwe went down like a pack of potato and he started preaching ant-west garbage.

Yes why are his kids studying outside Zimbabwe? Nonsense.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by zolzlolz(f): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2012
Also Ndebeles also fought in the struggle. My mother had to march to Zambia. She's had a gun held to her head. What did the Ndebeles, who fought and died in the struggle, do to deserve Mugabe's inhumane treatment, unless there's something I don't know!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
zolzlolz:

Also Ndebeles also fought in the struggle. My mother had to march to Zambia. She's had a gun held to her head. What did the Ndebeles, who fought and died in the struggle, do to deserve Mugabe's inhumane treatment, unless there's something I don't know!

He made Zim his private property, that is why he is still fighting to get re-elected even at this age. This man has being in power since 1980!!!! and some deluded individuals here sees him as some sort of African voice of reason? Silly!!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by zolzlolz(f): 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2012
justwise:

He made Zim his private property, that is why he is still fighting to get re-elected even at this age. This man has being in power since 1980!!!! and some deluded individuals here sees him as some sort of African voice of reason? Silly!!
They keep on listening to Cap28, who's loitering in the UK and has never been to Zim and seen the conditions, but can have the nerve to tell people to worship Mugabe, whereas I attend university with ZANU-PF people's children who are stinking rich. They have their own BRAND NEW cars, their own apartments in good areas and pocket money each month that could pay my rent. But then there are Zimbabwean teachers working as car guards. I re-iterate how will the pro-Mugabes justify this?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by zolzlolz(f): 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2012
I see the pro-Mugabes are quiet
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by AjanleKoko: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2012
Mugabe may be a tyrant, but he does make a point.
African leaders need to stand up for their countries, and for their people. Firstly for their countries, mind you. Unfortunately Mugabe is not doing that, as far as Zimbabwe is concerned. He's supporting Ghadaffi, but not guaranteeing a better life for his own people. That's why it is always easy to turn Africans against their leaders.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by kayusbrown(m): 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
The truth remains the truth irespective of who is saying it and whatever selfish reasons for saying it. It is a fact that colonisation and slavery never stopped in Africa. We were only successfull in stoping PHYSICAL slavery but the whites were smart in replacing it with MENTAL slavery. We are still slaves Ideologically, Politically, Economically, Religiously and culturally!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by clintddon(m): 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2012
PLS AM LOOKING FOR ANY KARATE SCHOOL IN PORT HARCOURT OR ANY KARATE TEACHER DATS VERY WELL XPERIENCED IF ANY CONTACT ME ON 08030589061 or nwaizuclinton@yahoo.com. THANKS smiley smiley smiley
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
Mugabe is my hero.

A true African nationalist!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by GeJ4life: 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2012
Mugabe is a BASTARD.

His supporters are insane.
Can we compare what Africa is now, with what Africa was like when the Colonialist were still here. (Using Nigeria as a case study)
As far as I am concerned, Since the 50s 60s and 70 when the imperialists left this part of the world, we have remained static in development. Development here not to be see as growth in GDP and Population but Human Capacity Development upon with the basis of a nations development status is based. What we have only seen is the discovery of new resources and their mismanagement. We has seen a total departure from our proverbial values as Africans due to their own lack of character. Why is this SO? From my perspective, because those who were the Nationalists did not fight to truly liberate Africa from the west on the basis of improving the lives of Africans but on the basis of smuggling themselves into leadership positions. They also wanted to live like the colonial masters,
Mugabe is condemning the West for attempting to re-colonize Africa, NO NO NO I disagree,
Why?
We are only been re-colonized through forces of globalization and its major vehicle which is the ICT, which is irresistible and as a matter of fact helping us to rapidly catch up with the West. (Evident in the SUCCESS of the OCCUPY NAIJA movement, the contagious manner of the Arab Spring). Globalization aids the spread of democracy and good governance which are the two basic pr-requisite for sustainable development which AFRICA needs RIGHT NOW,

Thanks
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2012
Are the west really our problems?

Are they the ones that are using remote controls (from UK and US) to make our leaders greedy and corrupt?

Are they the ones to blame for making most of our leaders stay in power for decades? (Mugabe has been in power for almost 30 years with little or nothing to show for it and here spilling rubbish talk).

Are they the ones to be blamed for Jonathan's greediness? ( Imagine the budget allocated for maintaining Aso rock this year alone that can be used to build better schools in Jonathan's villages).

Are they the ones to be blamed for senseless killings and war in Africa? ( Imagine two africans fighting over religion that isn't theirs  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided)

Why should another man be blamed for your stupidity? ( Is he not human like you)

As Africans, we have to look inwards to solve our problems. We don't really like each other, hence that's why we greedy and corrupt. If I love my people, why would I take money meant for their benefits to hide in an overseas account?

Our leaders are passionately greedy, why? No love for the people ( You can't blame them because they are the products of the society they rule).
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Ganiyu11: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
Nobody is perfect!  Whether Mugabe is bad or good, he has just spoken the truth.  We can't be like the west and they can't be like us too.The West are very wise and have shifted their slavery tactics from physical slavery to intellectual slavery. Africa leaders must be careful because it their citizens that suffer the consequence of their action most.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by olajide8(m): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2012
i love african leaders like him the only problem is they are sit tight leaders they believe they cant find people that would continue to fight the battle on after them
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Dreamflyin(m): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2012
We blaks ar a cursed race, hw can africa b d root of life but thousands of yrs behind d west? Mugabe is a big pitg, a tyrant n a bitcvh, hw can i listen 2 d rantin of a self styld demi god. We blaks shuld brace ourselvs 4 anoda era of colonizatin cos its inevitable. Look at southafrica, wil they boast of such a vibrant economy witout d boers (wytes). Theres notin we can do about d west comin again, rada lets devlop ourselvs n take japan as a model but nt 2 d xtent of banishin d west. Al said n done, africa hav nt suffered enouf 2 b a mega continent, we ar stil hundreds of yrs behind.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by pmarine: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
African leaders should shut up and deal with the internal problems first, there is a saying in Yoruba, ti iku ile o ba pani, to de ole pani, what do we have to show for all the resources we have, war, poverty, greed, selfishness, et al. These guys would come, cause problems and milk Africa dry because our house is not in order.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by zolzlolz(f): 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
We have bad leaders. The West takes advantage of us and they don't do anything. They can only complain that the West is bad. All talk no action~>this describes an African.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
People that know the real workings of Mugabe will never praise him. I don't even know where to start regarding how destructive his actions have been against his own people (apart from a selected group of Zanu-PF supporters).

The only good thing I can pick out of his general statement is that by now Africa should be at a stage where it can deal with the likes of Libya internally without the use of NATO. However, for whatever reason, Africa refuses to be at that stage. That's why NATO has the courage to come in and meddle. They CANNOT come and meddle in a place that is well organised and united.

If you look at it objectively, Mugabe is actually speaking from self-preservation. When tyrants like him are being eliminated, of course he is not going to support it. Mugabe is NOT a hero.

I have been to Zimbabwe 3 times in the last 4 years. The things you see there will cause you to cry. Do not be fooled by Mugabe. He does not care about anyone except himself and his supporters.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
zolzlolz:

They keep on listening to Cap28, who's loitering in the UK and has never been to Zim and seen the conditions, but can have the nerve to tell people to worship Mugabe, whereas I attend university with ZANU-PF people's children who are stinking rich. They have their own BRAND NEW cars, their own apartments in good areas and pocket money each month that could pay my rent. But then there are Zimbabwean teachers working as car guards. I re-iterate how will the pro-Mugabes justify this?

I studied in Zimbabwe, i went to [b]Speciss Colleg[/b]e and lived there for more than 3yrs, i was there when Zim was good and when Mugabe turned it to '5th' world country, some can listen to his speech in youtube and come here to reproduce his rubbish, since the white farmers he claimed to be the problem left Zim what has happened to Zim?

A western educated criminal clinging on to power and kill as he stays.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by brainpulse: 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2012
African leaders are like the Devil. He dinned with God, enjoyed all the benefits that came with it. Decided to rmain and overthrone the landlord. When he knew he couldnt succeed, he resulted to kill, mane and brutalized the followers of his formal allied.
He wanted to be a life leader like Gaddaffi and he was ready to do anything to succeed, even kill those against his greed, then he can now speak against those that stood against his animalistic doctrines.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by zolzlolz(f): 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2012
Real talk, Claus. I've come to the conclusion that Africans are mediocre. They will excuse Mugabe's BRUTAL ABUSE of his own people because he said the West is bad. HE IS BEING BAD TO HIS PEOPLE! Don't African people want leaders that will put them first and not only feed their stomachs. Do African people not feel worthy enough to receive respect? Cap28 said he would go and live in Botswana. I CHALLENGE CAP28 TO IMMIGRATE TO ZIMBABWE. And while he's at it, he must try once disagree with Mugabe. His thugs will knock on his door. He may respectfully disagree, his thugs will still visit him. Let him see the freedom Zimbabweans have under his hero Mugabe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Africa Is Finished / 11 Hilarious Donald Trump Memes / America: Allen West Suggests ‘Constitution-Abiding States Should Form A Union’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.