Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West (11880 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / African Union Should Withdraw From Somalia- From A Somali / Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by occam(m): 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
mickey jag:

Hahahahahahah! I hope you are having a laugh, mate.

So, Facebook is what will save the West, eh? Facebook has 3,000 employees. There are 50 million Americans who are unemployed as we speak. Another 45 million have no access to healthcare. "Tent Cities" a.k.a slums are increasing by the day http://www.businessinsider.com/lakewood-new-jersey-homeless-tent-city-2011-9#the-living-room-19

The Portuguese are emigrating to Angola and Mozambique in droves to escape unemployment. Greek parents are abandoning their children in the streets because they cannot feed them. A humiliated  European Union has gone cap-in-hand to China begging for money to bailout their collapsed economies. Brazil's economy has surpassed the UK's and is now the sixth largest in the world. etc etc.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/dec/26/brazil-overtakes-uk-economy
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24002772-bailout-fund-boosted-to-one-trillion-euro-as-leaders-seal-eu-crisis-deal.do
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2085163/Children-dumped-streets-Greek-parents-afford-them.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-14716410
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/21/europe-migrants-crisis-irish-portuguese

The witless triumphalism that shaped Western attitudes over 500 years of history may not last much longer. We are already living through the twilight of Western predominance.

The West simply cannot afford the standard of living that is currently enjoying because there’s nothing they produce that the world wants in sufficient quantities that will enable them to pay for the high standard of living and benefits / welfare for asylum seekers such as yourself and their own unemployed.

In addition,they are bankrupt and living off of a huge mountain of debt.

Now with collapsing economies, there are no colonies or slaves to exploit any more. China manufacturers everything. The Banking and finance sectors have collapsed. It cannot last much longer. Sooner or later civil unrest is coming to the West.

I would get out of there if I were you.

I didn't say Facebook will save the west; I only used this to illustrate how knowledge and innovation drives new products/services. 20 yrs ago technology companies like Google, Microsoft, Apple were unheard; today they've led to new job opportunities for the American economy and even worldwide. All this because of innovation.

Let's wait and see if your doom and gloom predictions about the west comes to pass.

Unfortunately, Mugabe says that the sun has set on the West and we should stand up to them. How do we stand up to the west? Can they explain. This all sounds like fiery rhetoric without any meaning.

When will abject poverty be a thing of the past and economic prosperity rein supreme in African countries? Mugabe lives in the cold war era and has no understanding of present day global environment. It’s no longer about liberation struggles but making African countries economically viable.

The only thing Mugabe did was decimate a once vibrant Zimbabwean agricultural sector. Some of the farmers displaced by Mugabe ended up in Kwara State as part of a joint venture with the state.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by occam(m): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2012
GenBuhari:

@ texazzpete,

Mugabe is for me the greatest living African, yes even greater than Nelson Mandela.

Because he is man enough to refuse to be dictated  to by the white man / the West and has managed to remain in power despite their efforts.

Abacha was also a great leader as is General Buhari both of whom also defied the west, but paid the price, unfortunately Abacha paid with his life.

I repeat:

form your own opinions do not just adopt the whatever opinion the West wants you to adopt.

You must know something about Mugabe that the world doesn't know. Anyway, that's your opinion. Available evidence is very contrary to your opinion.

For instance; this man has ruled for 32 yrs and Zimbabwean living standard keep falling. Zimbabwe is ranked 173 out of 187 countries in the Human Development Index. This is a great man?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2012
GenBuhari:

@ texazzpete,

Mugabe is for me the greatest living African, yes even greater than Nelson Mandela.

Because he is man enough to refuse to be dictated to by the white man / the West and has managed to remain in power despite their efforts.

Abacha was also a great leader as is General Buhari both of whom also defied the west, but paid the price, unfortunately Abacha paid with his life.

I repeat:

form your own opinions do not just adopt the whatever opinion the West wants you to adopt.

Have you wondered why it was only in the late 90's that Mugabe decided to start standing up to the West; why it was only in the late 90's/early 00's that the forceful and disorganised reclamation of white owned farms started? Understanding these events would help you see that Mugabe's rhetoric is selfish, hypocritical and highly vindictive.

Thankfully, my opinions weren't formed by the West, but by my numerous visits to Zimbabwe and interaction with Zimbaweans both within and outside the country. Most Zimbabweans outside of the Zanu-PF clique hate Mugabe with a passion and would be surprised that there are people hailing him as a hero or "greatest living African".
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by ideylaff: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2012
LOL, so sad how we listen to Mugabe and jump up as if the messaih is here. Mugabe and all the African Leaders should bring back home all the filtered away wealth of their various countries lying in foreign land before they start to act as if they are some kind of heroes

Talk is cheap. When they fall ill / just cought more than once they run abroad, when their kids want education, western world is ok, when they need aid which is as a result of their bad governance they run to the west. But when they have their AU (half of the leaders sleeping/snoring) meetings they come up with trash like this.

Show me any Western Goverment that has forced any African Leader to steal money and tell them to bring it over to the west

We make me laugh and cry most times

MUGABE Please stp bn an hypocrite. U are just a joke.
Gusy please dont buy into this cheap press attention bull not worth it
If Mugabe coughs more than 5 times 2moro he will be on the next plane to France,

Talk is cheap. Only failures like African Leaders Like Mugabe himself will give a Standintg Ovation to a shameless senile octogenarian oppressing his very own people
since God knows how long

Wish they could all be blown away to their Graves in that conference hall they sat their pot bellies in listening to garbage from a mad man like Mugabe

My Cats wld not even listen to Mugabe speak, One of the Biggest jokes since only GOD knows when claiming to be a leader. Needs to be in a detention centre

Africas Problems are the Leaders not the west. If you keep your house tidy no one will tell you what to do inside the place. FACT
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by sweet9ja: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2012
Abegi, make grandpa Robert go relax, bo. We don't need to stand against the west or anyone for that matter, rather we need to work with them to archive our goals. The high level of corruption and underdevelopment in Africa is of our own doing and until that is address we're going nowhere.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by sweet9ja: 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2012
occam:

You must know something about Mugabe that the world doesn't know. Anyway, that's your opinion. Available evidence is very contrary to your opinion.

For instance; this man has ruled for 32 yrs and Zimbabwean living standard keep falling. Zimbabwe is ranked 173 out of 187 countries in the Human Development Index. This is a great man?

He high on his own poo.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2012
@ideylaff and Claus,
Whether or not you made numerous visits to Zimbabwe, does not automatically give you an insight to the motives of Mugabe nor does it mean you have an understanding of the reasons that lead to Mugabe's decision to start reclaiming and re-distributing land.

I need to ask you this question: Are you a black African?

What saddens me is that most people on this thread have simply adopted the view of Mugabe that the western white man nations want them to adopt.

I know that none of them have taken the time to research and understand Zimbabwean history and why Mugabe suddenly became evil overnight because he decided to stop listening to the dictates of his former colonial masters.

I have so much respect for the man.

Please take the time and do the research and form your own conclusions and opinions instead of being spoon-fed you opinions by the western media.

Let us start thinking for ourselves.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by nirvena: 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
BEFORE YOU START HAILING MUGABE, PLEASE TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ZIMBABWE AND WHAT IS STILL HAPPENING.

FOR GOD'S SAKE NIGERIA IS PARADISE WHEN COMPARED TO ROBERT MUGABE'S ZIMBABWE. ALL DUE TO THE ACTIONS AND REACTIONS OF ONE SINGLE INDIVIDUAL-ROBERT MUGABE.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2012
[b]
GenBuhari:

@ideylaff and Claus,
Whether or not you made numerous visits to Zimbabwe, does not automatically give you an insight to the motives of Mugabe nor does it mean you have an understanding of the reasons that lead to Mugabe's decision to start reclaiming and re-distributing land.

What saddens me is that most people on this thread have simply adopted the view of Mugabe that the western white man nations want them to adopt.

I know that none of them have taken the time to research and understand Zimbabwean history and why Mugabe suddenly became evil overnight because he decided to stop listening to the dictates of his former colonial masters.

Please take the time and do the research and form your own conclusions and opinions instead of being spoon-fed you opinions by the western media.

[/b]

You know nothing about Zimbabwe, you are just rambling
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2012
^ This is the just another example of another black African blindly adopting the views of his former white colonial masters.

Mugabe I hail you!!

Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2012
GenBuhari:

^ This is the just another example of another black African blindly adopting the views of his former white colonial masters.

Mugabe I hail you!!

Clueless
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Claus(m): 10:49pm On Feb 03, 2012
GenBuhari:

@ideylaff and Claus,

Hahahahahahaha

There was a time I was actually taking GenBuhari seriously. Now I know it's all a joke!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 04, 2012
@justwise Claus and others
please take a good look at yourselves and ask:

"Am I blindly adopting the same views as my former colonial masters"

"Am I analysing information and forming my own opinions free of the influence of western white man/ former colonial masters"

Abeg, please let us start thinkin for ourselves and know which side of the argument we should be standing on.

Please, please please start thinking for yourselves.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 1:36am On Feb 04, 2012
GenBuhari:

@justwise Claus and others
please take a good look at yourselves and ask:

"Am I blindly adopting the same views as my former colonial masters"

"Am I analysing information and forming my own opinions free of the influence of western white man/ former colonial masters"

Abeg, please let us start thinkin for ourselves and know which side of the argument we should be standing on.

Please, please please start thinking for yourselves.

Stop reading from Mugabe's handbook, people like you will always blame the whiteman when they refused to seat and watch you commit all sorts heinous crime against your own people.

Don't preach to me and other Nigerians, preach to yourself. Whiteman is not our problem in Africa, our problem is a man like Mugabe and yourself.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 2:08am On Feb 04, 2012
You couldn't have said the above any better even if you were white

hmmm
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by AjanleKoko: 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2012
GenBuhari:

You couldn't have said the above any better even if you were white

hmmm

Hold on one second.
Whatever Mugabe says is worthless, if he cannnot be held accountable to his own people. Don't you think?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 06, 2012
^^You owe it to yourself to resist adopting the view of Mugabe that the BBC and CNN want you to adopt.

Take time to research Zimbabwean history and arrive at your own conclusions.

Mugabe should be seen as a hero for all elightened Africans. This my opinion.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 12:28am On Feb 06, 2012
GenBuhari:

^^You owe it to yourself to resist adopting the view of Mugabe that the BBC and CNN want you to adopt.

Take time to research Zimbabwean history and arrive at your own conclusions.

[b]Mugabe should be seen as a hero for all elightened Africans. [/b]This my opinion.

He is a hero to all backward thinking Africans.

Where do you get your news from?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 4:51am On Feb 06, 2012
So blindly adopting the white man's view is forward thinking for Africans?

Are you serious?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 6:42am On Feb 06, 2012
GenBuhari:

So blindly adopting the white man's view is forward thinking for Africans?

Are you serious?

So the black man view towards Africans are support: corruption, stay in power till you die and if anybody gets in your way of president for life kill him or her, allow no opposition party, send all your children to study abroad while you run down the country?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 06, 2012
^ You need toask yourself how it is you found yourself criticising a black African leader who had fought for independence from white racists and who had taken land from whites to re-destribute to blacks.

Ask yourself also , why it is that your views /position on the issue are identical to those of the former colonial masters who are white racists.

Please we must learn to analyse issues and form our own opinons on world affairs and resist simply adopting views fed to us by BBC or CNN (I know it is not easy, because if you hear a lie often enough, it begins to sound that it may be the truth.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by RSA(m): 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2012
Can someone tell me why Mugabe was praised by the West between 1980-1990?What is it that he was doing that made the West to fall in love with him? Was he an African hero then?
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2012
^ Thank you

Whilst he is being obedient and toe in the line, he is praised, but once he started taking to take land from the whites, he was labelled a evil tyrant overnight.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2012
GenBuhari:

^ You need toask yourself how it is you found yourself criticising a black African leader who had fought for independence from white racists and who had taken land from whites to re-destribute to blacks.

Ask yourself also , why it is that your views /position on the issue are identical to those of the former colonial masters who are white racists.

Please we must learn to analyse issues and form our own opinons on world affairs and resist simply adopting views fed to us by BBC or CNN (I know it is not easy, because if you hear a lie often enough, it begins to sound that it may be the truth.

I rather think like a 'white man' than a corrupt thieving African leaders who cares only about their bank balance than their own people.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Rgp92: 10:44pm On Feb 06, 2012
justwise:

I rather think like a 'white man' than a corrupt thieving African leaders who cares only about their bank balance than their own people.

What is "thinking like a white man" Damn you Africans, sometimes** you na kill a person oooo
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2012
Rgp92:

What is "thinking like a white man" Damn you Africans, something you na kill a person oooo

I guess GenBuhari will tell you that, he has being using that word for ages now.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by AjanleKoko: 8:22am On Feb 07, 2012
Rgp92:

What is "thinking like a white man" Damn you Africans, sometimes** you na kill a person oooo

It's some kind of cryptic African way of seeing things.
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 07, 2012
Blindly adopting the views of racist colonial masters does not equate to thinking for yourself.
You are only accusing Mugabe of being corrupt because you saw it on BBC or CNN news and have simply adopted their views without caring to look at the situation in isolation and come to your own conclusions.

justwise:

Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 9:45am On Feb 07, 2012
GenBuhari:

Blindly adopting the views of racist colonial masters does not equate to thinking for yourself.
You are only accusing Mugabe of being corrupt because you saw it on BBC or CNN news and have simply adopted their views without caring to look at the situation in isolation and come to your own conclusions.

I lived and studied in Zimbabwe for almost 4yrs. I was there before and during the crisis
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Lwandle(m): 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2012
People should stop attacking the person of MUGABE the man but instead look at depth at what he was saying.

The MIGHTY USA when they put sanctions on Zimbabwe said 'The policies being followed by the Zimbabwean government poses a serious and continuous threat to USA foriegn policy'

Why would the MIGHTY USA be so concerned with the policies implemented by little Zimbabwe to the extent they imposed sanctions together with their European cousins and tried to get a UN Security Resolution (Thank you Russia and China for the vetoe) on poor little Zimbabwe?

Too many of our people are just too lazy to think and analyse situations for themselves.

Unfortunately too many of our AFRICAN leaders cant think wont think are just puppets!!
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2012
Gbam!

We African still do not realise that it usually the African leaders that the west criticise are the patriotic ones who refuse to do the right things for their people.

Does anybody recall USA or UK criticism of IBB (Babangida), Obj, YaraDua or GEJ who are some of the most corrupt and biggest looters in the history of the world.

No? , does that not speak volumes??
Re: Mugabe At African Union: Let’s Stand Up To West by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2012
Lwandle:

People should stop attacking the person of MUGABE the man but instead look at depth at what he was saying.

The MIGHTY USA when they put sanctions on Zimbabwe said 'The policies being followed by the Zimbabwean government poses a serious and continuous threat to USA foriegn policy'

Why would the MIGHTY USA be so concerned with the policies implemented by little Zimbabwe to the extent they imposed sanctions together with their European cousins and tried to get a UN Security Resolution (Thank you Russia and China for the vetoe) on poor little Zimbabwe?

Too many of our people are just too lazy to think and analyse situations for themselves.

Unfortunately too many of our AFRICAN leaders cant think wont think are just puppets!!

You really need to stop muddling issues, is this your level of analysis? No wonder you know jack about Zimbabwe situation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Greeks Self- Inject HIV To Claim $950 In Monthly Health Benefits / #Olaf Scholz To Succeed Merkel As German Chancellor / Pakistan J-17 Warpalne Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.