Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,972 members, 7,956,633 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? (30990 Views)

Disrespecting And Insulting Elders Is Very Unafrican And Gutter Behaviour / Why are Nigerian so Abusive and Insulting / Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by debosky(m): 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2007
after weighing the evidence, I agree that[i] initially[/i] you sought to rise above the insults, but the swift undercurrents of gutter sniping seemed to drag you beneath the wave after a few posts.

You ended up responding his post tit for tat by using words such as hypocrite, gibberish, absolute composition of nonsense x10 (my personal favorite grin grin) amongst others.

By resorting to this approach of castigating him in the exact same manner in which the attack came, in some cases with 10 times shocked shocked the intensity, you have proven not only to be on his level, but on a superiorly (or inferiorly, depending on whether you are an animal or a rational being grin) pixilated and animalistic plane.

You surrendered your initial rationality on the altar of retribution and so you are consigned to the same ignominious status as the originator.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by whatnext: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2007
Check out this thread!

Where is Jackal?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by janami(f): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2007
it is in their blood
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Purist(m): 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2007
debosky:

You ended up responding his post tit for tat by using words such as hypocrite, gibberish, absolute composition of nonsense x10 (my personal favorite grin grin) amongst others.

By resorting to this approach of castigating him in the exact same manner in which the attack came, in some cases with 10 times shocked shocked the intensity, you have proven not only to be on his level, but on a superiorly (or inferiorly, depending on whether you are an animal or a rational being grin) pixilated and animalistic plane.

You surrendered your initial rationality on the altar of retribution and so you are consigned to the same ignominious status as the originator.

I expected you to come up with this, and so had my answer ready.  You will agree with me that the word 'fool' alone carries more weight than any of the words I used against him, which by the way, were statements of fact deduced from diligent observation (save for the one I, in all fairness, directed back at him for certainty of his rationale at that moment grin); unlike his, that was just an unprovoked plain insult.  Already, this invalidates your theory of we both acting "exactly" in the "same" manner.  And based on this, our individual rationality in this circumstance, definitely should not be weighed with the same "instrument".  Besides, I wonder why you've chosen to overlook the fact that I later went on to ignore his rants, thereby proving myself to be "rationally superior" (in your words now). -  Not that I demand any accolades for that anyway. . . just want you to be more objective in your argument.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Iman3(m): 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2007
'An inverted pyramid of piffle' grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by omoge(f): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2007
Grammar undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 20, 2007
Nigerians are still busy insulting themselves here? shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2007
ifyalways:

abeg no blame my sister,the thing too much.shuo which one them no dey sef

@ify
Nwando's comment just dey make me laugh  grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by FKseun(m): 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2007
F**K freedom of speech!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by ronnieslimz(f): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2007
wtf
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by sod4luv(m): 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2007
Dat Naija 4 u,
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by CuteAngel(f): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2007
On the one hand, most times is kindda difficult not to react when you are being insulted, it hurts so much dat you feel you have to give it back, as a scorpio i find it hard not to hit back at anyone who steps on my toes, and i sting real hard.
On the other hand i feel it takes a God fearing person, and a lot of self control not to react when you are being insulted otherwise, there may take you for a weakln, but all the same is not good to start insulting people you have not met nor seen
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by peachie1(f): 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2007
all the nigerians that i have met have been very kind and not abusive at all; but when he gets mad he gets mad; but that;s with all races i think. wink cry
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by lamisanya(m): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2007
I don't think i know of any nation that doesn't have abusive people. check out the koreans who think they are the most abusive people or the mexicans that believe that every body uses at least an insult a day
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by fashizzle(m): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2007
Cos its damn hot in here and I don't want anyone asking me no stupid a** questions cos I got my own sh*t to deal with. In fact what the hell am I doing responding to this asinine post. Foshizzle I need to get my head checked out.

shocked
grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2007
and the insults continue. Na wa o.

Black people indeed are genetically engineered to be less intelligent.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Benjamin01: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2007
This topic is truly, an interesting one simply because, it affects everyone regardless of his skin colour or race.

I believe that, being insulting or abusive has to do with who we truly are in the inside of us. This may be hard to believe but it is true all the same, "Application of acquired knowledge about people relationship and other wonderful piece that we have heard or read is what differentiates us in life" Our responses to people is actually a direct reflection of our true personalities.

It affects everybody but, we can choose to put our emotions under due control. I believe that, only Agape Love can solve this world wide problem of being insulting and abusive.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Ivvie: 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2007
Nigerians are just not easy to get with. Rude, wild-mannered, insultive non patriotic. You'll hardly find a nigerian proud of his country. They'll always be proud in another man's land. Dishonesty is another common factor. The worst thing is all they are proud in all these things.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Gamine(f): 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2007
Nigerians are insulting??

i didnt know being a nigerian is insultive

to whom, if i may ask

this topic holds no weight

as if geographically boundaries hv anything to do with our internal make-up
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Builder: 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2007
I kindda like it, it turns me on , im no pervert though
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by 9ja4eva: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2007
Gamine:

to whom, if i may ask

Welll said
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by fashizzle(m): 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2007
davidylan:

Speak for yourself mate, cos otherwise you would have seen that my post was supposed to be funny/ironic. Do you know what irony is, sunshine?

Anyway, keep believing that stuff they put into your head, ok? Soon you'll be back to the cornfields with a padlock hanging from you lips humming kumbaya,
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Ivvie: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2007
Gamine:

to whom, if i may ask

9ja4eva:

Welll said

This is a situation where fact(s) differ from reality.

Nigerians make up nairaland, go through nairaland and conclude on your observation. There is hardly a thread without insults. Lets not deceive ourselves.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Purist(m): 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2007
Ivvie:

Nigerians make up nairaland, go through nairaland and conclude on your observation. There is hardly a thread without insults. Lets not deceive ourselves.

And this makes it a "Nigerian thing"?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Purist(m): 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2007
davidylan:

No correlation here bro. That people insult each other, has absolutely nothing to do with their race.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Ivvie: 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2007
Purist:

And this makes it a "Nigerian thing"?

I used nairaland as suppose to a specimen of the entire region.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Purist(m): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2007
That doesn't prove anything.  There are almost 145,000 members on this forum, out of which we have about 140,000 Nigerians (rough estimate), out of which we can assume that only about 72,500 Nigerians (approximately 0.05% of the entire populace) are insultive, and someone concludes that Nigerians are insultive?  I agree with Gamine, geographical boundries have nothing to do with our internal make up.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Ivvie: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2007
Look up specimen.  And not just nairaland but nigerians here in the States.  Rude! Rude and not well mannered.  Where did they come from?  Your conclusion is yours and mine is mine.  It'll be that way.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Purist(m): 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2007
Yeah. . . and they're rude because they're Nigerians?  And going by your argument, I guess it's safe to conclude that you are also rude since you're also in the States?

Point is, insolence has got nothing to do with which country you come from.  You can't tell me that you haven't come across rude Americans, as well as well-mannered Nigerians over there.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Ivvie: 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2007
I was partly brought up in Nigeria so you cannot identify me as a Nigerian till I tell you that I am one. I am so not rude. The same traits that I mentioned is the common factor with all the nigerians that I have met (and still will meet). The girls are sarcastic - can barely make 10 sentences without a comment of sarcasm. It's impossible to relate to them on a normal plane. I won't go any further because it's just built up. I have 20 years worth of disgust as far as girls are concerned.

I have no beef with Nigeria or nigerians. That is my root and I am proud not to be labelled as a black with no roots. I have only 6 nigerian friends that treat me like a brother.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by Purist(m): 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2007
Oh, I see your problem is with the womenfolk. I rest my case. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? by seun001(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2007
Ivvie:

I was partly brought up in Nigeria so you cannot identify me as a Nigerian till I tell you that I am one. I am so not rude. The same traits that I mentioned is the common factor with all the nigerians that I have met (and still will meet). The girls are sarcastic - can barely make 10 sentences without a comment of sarcasm. It's impossible to relate to them on a normal plane. I won't go any further because it's just built up. I have 20 years worth of disgust as far as girls are concerned.

I have no beef with Nigeria or nigerians. That is my root and I am proud not to be labelled as a black with no roots. I have only 6 nigerian friends that treat me like a brother.
Purist:

Oh, I see your problem is with the womenfolk. I rest my case. grin

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nkiru Homann Dresses Kids In Germany In Local Outfits - Photos / ISESE DAY: Osun Worshippers Spotted Celebrating Festival In UK (pics/video) / Ooni Ogunwusi's Gift To Symington, US Ambasador To Nigeria, They Met In Lagos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.