Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di (8416 Views)

“arrested Member Of Ekiti Assembly Dies In DSS Custody”- Ekiti Alleges / Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC / London Police Denies Arrest Of Diezani Alison-madueke. - Reuters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by megawax8: 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2012
The Boko Haram islamic sect has said that the person arrested by security agents in Kaduna is not its spokesman but one of its members sent to explore the possibility of a dialogue offered by President Goodluck Jonathan in a recent interview granted a news agency, Reuters.

The group in a telephone interview with journalists in Maiduguri this night,said that the true identity of the person arrested by the Department of State Security in Kaduna was Abu Dardaa and not Abu Qaqa.

“We want to react on what security agents said in respect of the arrest of one of our own. The person that was arrested is Abu Dardaa and not Abu-Qaqa. I am Abul Qaqa,” the speaker declared on phone,stressing that, “I’m the spokesman of the Jama’atu Ahlis Sunnati Lidda’awati Wal Jihad.Abu Dardaa is the head of the Lagina (Department) of public enlightenment and not the spokesman.”

It will be recalled that Abu Qaqa has been speaking to journalists in the past after he was introduced as the successor to Abu Zaid, the first spokesman of the sect. Thereafter, another name Abu Dardaa emerged. He had claimed to be the deputy spokesperson of the sect but over time, Abu Qaqa returned as the one who has since been issuing statements on behalf of the sect.

According to the interview this night, Abu Qagal said: “The arrest of Abu Dardaa is an outright deception and betrayal by the Nigerian government and security agents. They proclaimed dialogue and are doing the opposite. His arrest has proven to us that they were waiting for us to avail ourselves so that they can arrest us.

“We purposely sent Abu Dardaa to Kaduna to discuss with some key government functionaries on the issue of dialogue. Indeed, he had started talking to them but unknown to him, they directed some security agents to trail him behind and arrested him.

“This is exactly what happened. He volunteered to present himself for the dialogue but was betrayed. Everybody knows our capability and tactics of operation. It is evidently clear that none of our members could be caught on a platter of gold and without confrontation.

“We initially thought that the much thought about dialogue was true and we actually resolved that after the initial meeting with Dardaa, we would send five representatives to stand for us.Part of what we told him to discuss with the government representatives was the unconditional release of our members as pre-condition for any further discussion. I want to reiterate that we want all our members to be released for peace to return and for dialogue to hold.

“We are fully aware that the Nigerian government is deceptive in all ramifications but we resolved to give their offer a trial but unfortunately, this is the outcome of all the call they have been making on dialogue to us.The truth is that even if they arrest all of us, God will protect His religion.

“We want to reiterate that no amount of threat, arrest and intimidation will stop us from our course. We are not afraid of death and we are ever ready to die. Even before the arrest of Dardaa, many of our members have been arrested.

“Our spiritual leader, Mallam Mohammed Yusuf was arrested and detained severally and was even killed by the Nigerian security forces but we, his followers were not deterred from propagating Islam. The arrest or killing of any member of our sect will not stop us from what we are doing and from what we believe.”
http://ireports-ng.com/2012/02/02/boko-haram-denies-arrest-of-its-spokesman-says-arrested-member-was-lured-into-dialogue-with-govt/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by efisher(m): 4:05am On Feb 03, 2012
Don't you dare release any of their rams from custody. At least they have admitted that the ram in custody is a boko ram member. In fact, the name is Abu something. . . So whateva, the right guy is in the net. We need to smoke 'em all out. Shikena.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by cashmentor(m): 4:18am On Feb 03, 2012
At least who ever the Abu guy is, he could lead to the arrest of more Abu's,
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by onelink205: 4:39am On Feb 03, 2012
This is a tactics implored by the Boko Haram to deceive the government . The Guy arrested is the real guy I guess they want to use a ploy to deceive the SSS .Hold tight the guy you have and get more info about the Boko Harams members and modes of operand i
No dialogue with murderers if they want peace the should stop bombing and embrace peace . The arrested guy is a raw material for useful details govt should hold him tight no Zakara Biu story needed in this arrest I take God beg una Security agencies please we are watching
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by newmaster(m): 5:04am On Feb 03, 2012
He is actually the one,confirmed.The only fear now is for the government or who so ever in charge not to release him.Its identity has been confirmed,he is just the spokesman of the sect,.sss caught him at the right range of spot with the tescope, the guy is too much important to Boko haram confirmed,
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by olapluto(m): 5:55am On Feb 03, 2012
now am sure the person arrested is the REAL spox of BH. Who no sabi guerilla tactics?
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Acidosis(m): 6:30am On Feb 03, 2012
either spoke man or gate man, boko haram na boko haram. Touts!
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Ozegbe(m): 7:15am On Feb 03, 2012
hope our deluded and retarded government wont fall for this crap. wahala dey ooh
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 03, 2012
if they had come out to say d man arrested was their real spokesman, i wud hav scolded d security service for arrestin an innocent man.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by buzor(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2012
these devil called boko haram think they can deceive everyone. even if they are able to deceive d whole northern almajiri s and their terrorist governors, they cant deceive me.
sss got it right this time but i hope they wont hand over to police so they ll allow him to escape like sokoto
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by buzor(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2012
these devil called boko haram think they can deceive everyone. even if they are able to deceive d whole northern almajiri s and their terrorist governors, they cant deceive me.
sss got it right this time but i hope they wont hand over to police so they ll allow him to escape like sokoto
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by buzor(m): 9:04am On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by bulksms247(m): 9:05am On Feb 03, 2012
Please de government should allow me to interrogate that arrested guy.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by nasty45(m): 9:09am On Feb 03, 2012
"NOTHING WILL DETERR US FRM PROPAGATING ISLAM" And some muslims bigots wil say they are not doing it for islam. Bleep y'all ALIMAJIRI.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Osgee(m): 9:21am On Feb 03, 2012
let d bastard show his ugly face to prove d sss wrng. They r worse than our ill-equipd police. Hw i wish i was in d service, i wil stake my life jst 2 smoke dem out
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 03, 2012
The important thing is that the person in custody is a BOKO ALL-RAM member, whether he is Abu Catarrh or Abu Diarrhea.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37am On Feb 03, 2012
Grill him for info, and I mean grill him over fire.

Then shoot him point blank in the head on public television. angry
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by chuks49(m): 9:41am On Feb 03, 2012
Water Board the basterd
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by eghost247(m): 9:45am On Feb 03, 2012
we don't even know who to believe anymore
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by pady2: 9:49am On Feb 03, 2012
@okiji, you dey vex no be smal ! OMG. shot the guy for national television? like their leader? abeg i no fit laf.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Atigba: 9:53am On Feb 03, 2012
Whether is Abu rice or abu beans they re all the same,  I can remember vividly when the president open ground for dialouge, they wofully refused, right now they re claiming that the government is jupidising there ground for dialouge by arresting there spoke man?Those people re really foolish, ?
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by thehunted(m): 9:55am On Feb 03, 2012
i thought our police were so intelligent to arrest the BH guy,i didnt know that th guy was presented to them.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by lynxnoon(m): 9:56am On Feb 03, 2012
Squeeze the guy's balls till he squels jare!! angry grin
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 03, 2012
I am not suprise by this dumb story from the Boko Harams,they have in the past given false information which some dumb Nigerians believe in totality,so they feel all Nigerians are fool.The last public statement is no dialogue until their members are released and sharia implemented in Nigeria,now what we have is a desperate attempt to deceive naija's that they sent a representative to dialogue with govt.Very soon the main guy Shekarau would be arrested and I wont be suprise if they (Boko Harams )come out to tell us that he was no longer their member and leader and that the real Shekarau never showed his face! bunch of animals! The most important part in the arrest is the said guy is a Boko Haram member and not a small one at that but a big fish!
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by BetaThings: 10:11am On Feb 03, 2012
nasty45:

"NOTHING WILL DETERR US FRM PROPAGATING ISLAM" And some muslims bigots wil say they are not doing it for islam. Bleep y'all ALIMAJIRI.
Every strong believer in any religion is a bigot. That is the definition
Anyway, on whose behalf did Rev King do his own? Christians?
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 03, 2012
please SSS, you got the right man.
if it was the wrong man, Boko will simply say you got our man.

use a toture technique called Water boarding

he will "over cooperate" and start talking in minutes
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 03, 2012
I think most nigerians are dumb, do u think someone whose ideology allows him to kill people or even bcome a suicide bomber will be afraid to die? We must nt make d same mistake again,d death of dir leader was d genesis of boko haram destruction of life and property, dialogue still remain d best solution 4 bokoharamism, torture d arrested man till next century,he wnt gv out any info,
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Goddex: 10:25am On Feb 03, 2012
Boko Haram is lying. That guy is their spokesman.
Anybody can be Abu Qaqa just like Jomo Gbomo.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by ajekpaks(m): 10:27am On Feb 03, 2012
I'm Sorry it don't make much difference, He's either gonna walk out free of charge in the name of escape or he would be granted bail, either way he just out for vacation, when he's ready he goes home,
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Koolking(m): 10:32am On Feb 03, 2012
These Boko guys are more intelligent than the SSS. I bet the wrong guy was arrested. These boys are smart, if they aren't their camp would have been infiltrated by now. I can beat my heart and tell you these daredevils have infiltrated the SSS and the security network with informants. They wouldnt ignorantly sent their spoke person to negotiate with govt. They had done their work before deciding to meet with the govt. Even a law abiding Nigerian does not trust the govt of the day, how much more a group of outlaws?

Not until there is a level of public trust and seamless relationship between the public and the security agents (Police specifically), security will always elude the govt
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by lucom: 10:33am On Feb 03, 2012
chuks49:

Water Board the basterd

Exactly my thought, that is a tested, trusted and most effective way of extracting information from bastards like that. It worked for the US govt and led to the eventual killing of Osama bin Laden.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Arrest Of Its Spokesman…says Arrested Member Was Lured Into Di by Funkymallam(m): 10:36am On Feb 03, 2012
thehunted:

i thought our police were so intelligent to arrest the BH guy,i didnt know that th guy was presented to them.

And u believe they sent him to negotiate? What was their reply to d negotiation offer?
D guy was trailed and captured.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Wont Overthrow GEJ’s Govt - IBB / How Government Can Curb Unemployment In Nigeria / How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.