Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (7125 Views)

Dedicated To ALL Mothers With Stillbirth Or Lost Pregnancy. / I Saw This Inside My Younger Brothers Bag (photos) / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2012
Ada,
From what I understand, head banging is relatively common amongst toddlers and is typically harmless and nothing to worry about. They outgrow it eventually
Re: . by tessybaby(f): 10:25am On Feb 13, 2012
@ atlgal

did you say harmless?
having your toddler bang her head on the floor
and /or any other hard surfaces could cause her
serious damege if care is not taken.
I have had my child injure herself during one
of her head banging sessions
it is really frustration

thank God she rarely does it these days
Re: . by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2012
Tessy
Allow me. To clarify
The act if head banging is not linked with any long term effects
Now it is up to u to parent and ensure ur daughter doesn't hurt herself while head banging or not. Hope this helps.
Re: . by agiboma(f): 8:50pm On Feb 13, 2012
Well i think head banging in excess can cause injury and no one should stay and watch their child hit their head on a hard surface continiously. My son has his tantrums where he drops on the floor sometimes hitting his head kicks and screams and rolls all over the place, then gets up and comes to me screaming, but i wont allow him to bang his head over and over again.
Re: . by lepasharon(f): 9:14pm On Feb 13, 2012
blank:

My boy made a new friend yesterday though an older boy (my boy is 11months and the other boy is almost 3years). The boy kept on being mean to him as he was younger and not as strong, throwing balls at him and pushing him off his bike. But my little trooper hung in there and took everything as play and was just excited to be running all over the place. After a while, they both curled up in the center of the room and fell asleep. Children are like angels. They forget easily.
When they both woke up, the older boy, brought him lunch and happily fed him then graciously brought his bike and helped my little boy ride it. It was quite amusing. They did not want to leave themselves at the end of the day.

AWWW, SO CUTE cheesy
Re: . by lepasharon(f): 9:17pm On Feb 13, 2012
tessybaby:

Yesterday i had my daughter bathed and dressed
and while i was doing something in the kitchen
she slipped away from the living room where she was with her and
went to the bath. guess what? whne i came i found her in a bucket full
of
water having a second bath. looks like i did not do a great job of bathing her.
i was so stunned all i did was turn my face and smile (so she does not see my face)

then i go her out of the bucket and changed her

CHILDREN

lool grin grin grin cheesy
Re: . by Africaine(f): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2012
My son just started this behaviour recently oh,I dont understand and am so worried.
The dude will just start crying for no just cause,he will roll,scream,bang his head and he can go on for an hour or more
there's nothing you use to pacify him that will shut him up oh,he'll just go on,
I have thought of differents things,but i just realised that he does dis only when myself or his father is back home.
i dont know how to deal with dis anymore oh,My daughter who is older never gave me this kind of wahala oh. I mean last night i had to back him around 1.30am and start walking around for over 40mins,singing before he finally went bacnk to sleep,meanwhile i have to be up 5am to get ready for work oh,the thing tire me. I swear.
Re: . by agiboma(f): 9:49am On Feb 14, 2012
Africaine:

My son just started this behaviour recently oh,I dont understand and am so worried.
The dude will just start crying for no just cause,he will roll,scream,slam his head and he can go on for an hour or more
there's nothing you use to pacify him that will shut him up oh,he'll just go on,
I have thought of differents things,but i just realised that he does dis only when myself or his father is back home.
i dont know how to deal with dis anymore oh,My daughter who is older never gave me this kind of wahala oh. I mean last night i had to back him around 1.30am and start walking around for over 40mins,singing before he finally went bacnk to sleep,meanwhile i have to be up 5am to get ready for work oh,the thing tire me. I swear.

How old is your son? Could he be teething? My son does not sleep @ nights he still wakes up 1-2 times, sometimes he does not sleep @ night and sleeps all day, i have tried everything to get him in a routine and nothing works any ideas from you ladies would be great.
Re: . by maran1983(f): 11:09am On Feb 14, 2012
Hi all, my email addy is

My question is how to get children interested in food. My baby is 13months and has refused to take solids; i have tried all ways possible to entice him to eat all to no avail. The only foods he likes eating are custard, tea (milo) and bread, he eats processed foods from cow and gate or heinz but i am worried that since it is canned it could be harmful to his health; mothers in the house with experience, please, help.

I will add all the other mothers above and get your pins, thanks.
Re: . by Africaine(f): 11:27am On Feb 14, 2012
@agiboma, He will be 2 in May,so he is 21 months old.
its not food,he eats well but i just dont understand this turn of events, the guy wud be happy and playing one second,the next he's screaming at the top of his voice, before i would beg, pet and everything,or ignore him,he doesnt stop oh! until u back him,take him outside and walk around d estate,before the dude wud shut up.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 14, 2012
Africaine:

the guy wud be happy and playing one second,the next he's screaming at the top of his voice, before i would beg, pet and everything,or ignore him,he doesnt stop oh! until u back him,take him outside and walk around d estate,before the dude wud shut up.

Hmm, could he be in pain? What exactly happens just before he starts screaming? As in, what’s going on around him at the time?
Re: . by Africaine(f): 11:59am On Feb 14, 2012
Trust I have checked everything,one minute he's eating,next minute he's screaming.
I have even enquired from his school teacher,they say he's very well behaved in school,honestly i dont get it.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2012
Is it always related to eating? Maybe he is having belly pains? You could probably check with a doctor. Try to keep a written diary of the events for 3-5 days; time of day, what exactly he was doing/eating etc. Maybe looking back at it will help, it may help the doc come up with an idea too.
Re: . by tessybaby(f): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ africaine
i don't think he has any problem
it's just a phase
just like what my daughter is going thru
i came back one day to find her well seated and watching
TV while her nanny was doing laundry
but if i was the one doing laundry
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just know dat she would be soked
with water (trying to wash too) or alse i would not do that laundry

he is just being naughty when his parents are around.

@ maran
i feel your stress
don't worry with time she will eat.
try giving her what you eat
Re: . by tessybaby(f): 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2012
my email

tessylove82@yahoo.com
Re: . by agiboma(f): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ Africaine i agree with tessy he is going through a stage, my son does the same thing to me one minute he is fine and the next he is totally freaking out omg. Sometimes i think a mosquitoe bite him or something idk? After i comfort him he stops, i hope he grows out of this one soon.
@maran your baby is till young, my son still does not eat solids and he is 18 months, im still taking my time with him, what else can i do
Re: . by omododo: 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2012
@maran1983 cow and gate has different varieties of baby food, i gave my girls the ones in pack not the canned ones, i prefer those as they are made with natural fruit and flavours. You can also try mashing boiled plantain mix with butter, or mash some boiled potatoes with butter and Titus fish. my children loves the taste.
Re: . by omododo: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2012
@maran1983 cow and gate has different varieties of baby food, i gave my girls the ones in pack not the canned ones, i prefer those as they are made with natural fruit and flavours. You can also try mashing boiled plantain mix with butter, or mash some  boiled potatoes with butter and Titus fish. my children loves the taste.
Re: . by mutter(f): 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2012
Gosh I admire the patience and endurance of some mothers here. i would never carry a child that cries unnecessarily. I would simply deposit you on your bed and close the door. When the child realises it cannot achieve anything with tantrums it stops them very fast.
I do not believe in growing out of a phase but i rather tend to follow the nib it in the bud approach.
Re: . by ada24: 10:52pm On Feb 16, 2012
mutter:

Gosh I admire the patience and endurance of some mothers here. i would never carry a child that cries unnecessarily. I would simply deposit you on your bed and close the door. When the child realises it cannot achieve anything with tantrums it stops them very fast.
I do not believe in growing out of a phase but i rather tend to follow the nib it in the bud approach.

I have tried all that - my daughter can cry as if its going out of fashion, looking to make a comeback and finally going out of fashion.

the one I'm trying to nip in the bud now is the biting - she has started biting for attention and when I tell her off. I try not to smack her as I don't believe in it but she is pushing me.

oh she doesn't eat ANYTHING apart from baby cereal
Re: . by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2012
Muttee,
I agree with u to a certain degree. If she's crying for no reason or throws a tantrum, I don't give in ever. Children learn that being loud typically gets them what they want if one gives in. I kiss n hug her instead. Toddlers can be a handful but it doesn't last for ever.
Re: . by MrsSiena1(f): 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2012
Hmmm I don try tire dont know what is wrong oh i keep getting banned for no reason abeg i get 56 shoes and 80 jewellery for sale oh
Re: . by tessybaby(f): 8:12am On Feb 17, 2012
mutter:

mutter
when u have a child like my daughter you
will automatically develope that same patience
it's frustrating at times my dear sister
oh yeah Ada
biting is in fashion now
she bites my legs and it hurts so much
all i want to do is smack her buttocks
Re: . by mutter(f): 8:19am On Feb 17, 2012
Tessybaby , some of my kids have been real hard nuts but you can get through.
One thing I learnt about kids is not to start what I cannot finish, because they are so smart.  So when I take an action I have to pull it through. That mean when i put the child on the bed, I HAVE TO HAVE THE NERVES AND MENTAL STRENGTH TO PULL IT THROUGH. If you take the child out half way, the child has not learnt from it. It is hard as a mother to pull such things through but it works.
Re: . by agiboma(f): 8:32am On Feb 17, 2012
tessybaby:

mutter
when u have a child like my daughter you
will automatically develope that same patience
it's frustrating at times my dear sister
oh yeah Ada
biting is in fashion now
she bites my legs and it hurts so much
all i want to do is smack her buttocks

LOL sounds like my son he bites any part of me he can find, sometimes he bites me all day long and when his dad comes home he continue his behaviour on him, so i bought him sophie the giraff he chews on her so it has helped a little, everytime he starts with me i give him Sophie
Re: . by tessybaby(f): 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2012
lol agiboma
Sophie is in trouble
unfortunately she can speak.
Re: . by agiboma(f): 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2012
tessybaby:

lol agiboma
Sophie is in trouble
unfortunately she can speak.

Girl you damn right she better give my family her money's worth, she cost a pretty penny for a piece of rubber
Re: . by ronkebp(f): 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2012
mutter:

If you have a son like mine, you will eat a lot of patience and swallow it, my son can cry for an hour non-stop, and this is not an exagyration, last night he was crying for nothing (actually he was crying over his fathers ipad) and his father was not home and put me incharge of his ipad, i usaully have him put his things away before he leaves but yesterday was just an exception, and my son was angry that i kept the ipad frrom him, he cried and cried and cried, throwing-up all he had eaten, i picked him up took him to his room, left him there for 5-8 minutes, he was yelling and banging on the door, (still he was still crying) i took him out of his room, put him on my bed and turned on the tv, thinking he would keep quiet, i left him all by himself in my room with the tv on, (for where?) the little man kept crying oooo, he was watching the cartoon and was crying bitterly, this went on for 45 minutes, i just stopped the exercise i was doing, took him to the bathroom and bathe him, (then he stopped crying only because i went to carry him) that boy is just something else. smiley smiley
Re: . by agiboma(f): 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2012
ronkebp:

If you have a son like mine, you will eat a lot of patience and swallow it, my son can cry for an hour non-stop, and this is not an exagyration, last night he was crying for nothing (actually he was crying over his fathers ipad) and his father was not home and put me incharge of his ipad, i usaully have him put his things away before he leaves but yesterday was just an exception, and my son was angry that i kept the ipad frrom him, he cried and cried and cried, throwing-up all he had eaten, i picked him up took him to his room, left him there for 5-8 minutes, he was yelling and banging on the door, (still he was still crying) i took him out of his room, put him on my bed and turned on the tv, thinking he would keep quiet, i left him all by himself in my room with the tv on, (for where?) the little man kept crying oooo, he was watching the cartoon and was crying bitterly, this went on for 45 minutes, i just stopped the exercise i was doing, took him to the bathroom and bathe him,  (then he stopped crying only because i went to carry him) that boy is just something else. smiley smiley

lol ohh boy sounds like a normal day in my household wink ahh yes these temper tantrums
Re: . by ronkebp(f): 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2012
agiboma:

lol ohh boy sounds like a normal day in my household wink ahh yes these temper tantrums

Argh!!!! Agiboma you can say that again!!! you really need to see him when he throws tantrums, i still see him as a baby ( 18 months) can't wait till he turns 4 or 5 by God's Grace, then he will know his mum is a no-nonsense woman, i don't do ''spare the rod and spoil the child thingy'' not my thing at all. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: . by agiboma(f): 12:04am On Feb 18, 2012
ronkebp:

Argh!!!! Agiboma you can say that again!!! you really need to see him when he throws tantrums, i still see him as a baby ( 18 months) can't wait till he turns 4 or 5 by God's Grace, then he will know his mum is a no-nonsense woman, i don't do ''spare the rod and spoil the child thingy'' not my thing at all. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Lol i dont believe in spanking but i cant wait to start giving him "time outs" i even got the little chair for him, but he just throws it all over the place and uses it as a ladder to climb o nmy son is also 18 months how is the talking coming along?
Re: . by ronkebp(f): 12:54am On Feb 18, 2012
agiboma:

Lol i dont believe in spanking but i cant wait to start giving him "time outs" i even got the little chair for him, but he just throws it all over the place and uses it as a ladder to climb o nmy son is also 18 months how is the talking coming along?

oh yea, he has started ''time outs'' in his room oooo, once i ask him ''DO YOU WANNA GO UPSTAIRS?'' he shakes his head!! smiley smiley smiley smiley and i smile to myself,( so you know what you are doing is wrong right)!!! Yeah!! i am beginning to make sense fropm what he says, he knows how to say NO well,other words or things he says are;
mimi- give mi
mimmy- mummy
chewy--1,2,3 etc, all of them are ''chewy''
chekky - take it

And so many, that i can't remember now, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Husband Strips Wife Unclad , Beats Her Almost To Death For Cheating / . / Who Remembers Belinda Song(1984) By Hardy Harrell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.