Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (7126 Views)

Dedicated To ALL Mothers With Stillbirth Or Lost Pregnancy. / I Saw This Inside My Younger Brothers Bag (photos) / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by agiboma(f): 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2012
mutter:

othernok. The child needs some attention. Children can sense when their mum is expecting even if they can`t put it into words. Take some time out for him alone. At the same time it is very important for him to know your limit and when you do not have time.
Enough sleep is also very important for toddlers. Most times they get in a bad mood of all clingy and crying because they are tired.

@ Mutter my son is 19 months some days he does not want to go down for anything OMG, i swear i got to carry him everywhere, if i leave the room he just screams. My back hurts as i have not fully recovered from the epaderal i had during labour and birth process, any advice on how I can presuade him to play with his toys and be held less would be great.
Re: . by soapdish(f): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
Hi everybody, please what should I give my son as in drugs, he was biten in school today. I'm so angry right now, he doesn't bite people and I'm so disappointed in the Minders. Don't understand why we pay so much and they can't keep the children from harms way. He just turned 2yrs. Iv called the school and they said they will investigate and get back to us.
Re: . by blank(f): 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2012
If the skin is not broken, just wash with mild soap and water. If broken, wash (don't scrub) the wound with mild soap and running water for 3 to 5 minutes. Then cover with a clean bandage and keep the area elevated.
The doctor might prescribe antibiotics 4. A short while. Look out 4 infections, etc.
Re: . by mutter(f): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2012
Agiboma, have you tried giving him a teddy he needs a toy he can hug. hen children have too many toys they also do not know where to start from and cannot concentrate on one. what I do with my kids is to get them a special playing zone. It may be a blanket I put on the floor in any room I go and I always try to go back and sit there with him. Children also love these little bright coloured chairs and tables. Sometimes it is even a baby tub with a pillow in it. One of my kids loved playing inside big cartons. I would put a pillow in it and push him from one room to the other where i have to be. he would play in there with his toys.
With kids you need to get innovative and experimental. It never seizes to amaze me how kids can be fascinated by some things you would never come on. there are kids that would leave their expensive toys and have more fun banging on a ot with a spoon at that age.
Re: . by soapdish(f): 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2012
Thank you mutter. I took him to the hospital and he was given tetanus injection and antibiotics. Thanks
Re: . by mutter(f): 8:59am On Mar 06, 2012
ot , i meant pot.
Re: . by agiboma(f): 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2012
mutter:

Agiboma, have you tried giving him a teddy he needs a toy he can hug. hen children have too many toys they also do not know where to start from and cannot concentrate on one. what I do with my kids is to get them a special playing zone. It may be a blanket I put on the floor in any room I go and I always try to go back and sit there with him. Children also love these little bright coloured chairs and tables. Sometimes it is even a baby tub with a pillow in it. One of my kids loved playing inside big cartons. I would put a pillow in it and push him from one room to the other where i have to be. he would play in there with his toys.
With kids you need to get innovative and experimental. It never seizes to amaze me how kids can be fascinated by some things you would never come on. there are kids that would leave their expensive toys and have more fun banging on a ot with a spoon at that age.

thank you i will get him a teddy i left all his teddy's in Canada so ill buy one over here and see how it goes wink
Re: . by tessybaby(f): 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
hi mothers in the house
how are you dealing with ur little ones?
hope they are not giving you much trouble.
Re: . by blank(f): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2012
@ post, i need help. Nobody answered Loveheaven's question. My 17month old baby bites and beats people a lot. I have read up different suggestions, none have worked on him.

I first tried biting back but he just turned it into a game ie who can bite harder and his bites are very very painful and can penetrate the skin. Then i tried ignoring him but how can u ignore a very painful bite? I tried sending him to a corner but that one na another play for him. I don tire for this. He will soon start school and i do not want this habit to continue.

Btw, this has been on since he started teething at 6months. In fact, his first words were "No biting". Any suggestions?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 27, 2012
Hello..

You are all invited to my blog kidsbloom..com

Please come and share your beautiful experiences,thoughts or drop your comments too.

Thank you
Re: . by tessybaby(f): 11:59am On Mar 19, 2013
Hey ladies how are the kids doing now a year after this thread was started
Re: . by blank(f): 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
Mine is doing good. Started school and can now count till 20.

Still bites though. sad
Re: . by tessybaby(f): 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
Lol blank. Mine is also in skool and talks like a parrot and very naughty too
Re: . by agiboma(f): 7:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
naughty and very mischevious, his little sister is due any day now wondering how he is gonna adjust to the changes and him not being the center of attention anymore wink
Re: . by MrsSiena1(f): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
agiboma: naughty and very mischevious, his little sister is due any day now wondering how he is gonna adjust to the changes and him not being the center of attention anymore wink

Wish you safe delivery.

Now my Deltan Princess number 1 tellds me she is no more a baby and when insists she is she points to her sister and says 'she is a baby cos she is little but I am a big girl' lolll

1 Like

Re: . by tessybaby(f): 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
Safe delivery to you agiboma. You'll surprised how mature he'll get when his little sister arrives.

1 Like

Re: . by blank(f): 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
tessybaby: Safe delivery to you agiboma. You'll surprised how mature he'll get when his little sister arrives.

My son has not acted maturely at all. He still beats his younger brother and is very jealous of any attention shown his brother.
Re: . by agiboma(f): 8:20am On Mar 20, 2013
blank:

My son has not acted maturely at all. He still beats his younger brother and is very jealous of any attention shown his brother.

Ohh my goodness, hopefully he will get over it soon enough.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
tessybaby: Safe delivery to you agiboma. You'll surprised how mature he'll get when his little sister arrives.

I hope so,my son couldn't tolerate the sight of his little brother when he was born.He ll always sneak into his cot and hurt him.Now they are besties,some kids are jealous you know.
Re: . by tessybaby(f): 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
Lol these kids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Husband Strips Wife Unclad , Beats Her Almost To Death For Cheating / . / Who Remembers Belinda Song(1984) By Hardy Harrell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.