Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? (723 Views)

Why Ethnic Bashing Must Stop On Nairaland. / Tribalism Must Stop On The Political Section Or You Will Cry At Midnight / Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by success4(m): 9:29am On Feb 03, 2012
I have been on NL for a while now! The greatest disease on this forum is tribalism. This of course is a bad omen
for Nigeria as a whole. Whenever, you search Google for Bad thing done by ''Igbo'' ''Yoruba'' or ''Hausa'' you will
rarely see it from another source other than NAIRALAND!

Now comes the question and solution to this bad image we are giving one another all in the of TRIBALISM:
Can tribal issue stop on Nairaland?
If, you, how can it be stopped?
What is the role of moderators on this issue?
Should any tribal bigot be banned or warned?

Let us discuss how to put an end to this terrible menace among us!
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by LogicMind: 9:35am On Feb 03, 2012
the only end is for nigeria to divide and let everybody answer im papa name.

for some reason i cannot fanthom i hate and distrust yorubas
i know why i can't do anything with abokis
they all hate me likewise

i cannot stay in a forced sad union so as not to give "bad image"

SEPARATE!!!!!
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by Lasinoh: 10:06am On Feb 03, 2012
As long as it is a Yoruba website, you can NEVER stop tribalism.
Then add the 'rabid' Biafrans who are not Nigerians.
War without end.

Nigerians don leave the tribalism mata for Yoruba and Igbo people in and out of Nigeria.

Unproductive entertainment I tellya! kiss
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by success4(m): 10:10am On Feb 03, 2012
Logic Mind:

the only end is for nigeria to divide and let everybody answer im papa name.

for some reason i cannot fanthom i hate and distrust yorubas
i know why i can't do anything with abokis
they all hate me likewise

i cannot stay in a forced sad union so as not to give "bad image"

SEPARATE!!!!!

Mate, how do you mean by the bolded? I want to believe not all hate you.
And that is what we are saying, assumption may not be the best on this
matter.
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by NegroNtns(m): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2012
Whenever, you search Google for Bad thing. . . . .

. . . dude! cool
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by Jakumo(m): 10:15am On Feb 03, 2012
The banning of tribalist ranting on this website would deprive me of vital inspiration as I further my formal studies about the noble African tradition of barter by invective, insults, curses and death-threats.

Long live tribalism.   Long live Loathing.    Long live ridicule.   Long live stereotypes, but most of all, long live blind hate.
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by success4(m): 10:22am On Feb 03, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

. . . dude! cool

What is cool dude?
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by LogicMind: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2012
success4:

Mate, how do you mean by the bolded? I want to believe not all hate you.
And that is what we are saying, assumption may not be the best on this
matter.

it means exactly what it says. THEY FUCKIN' HATE ME.
i know it, they know it.

yoruba land is cursed
islam is cursed
and you want me to mingle with them. TUFIAKWA!

useless beggars
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2012
@OP,

It can certainly be reduced significantly if the site administrator(s) adopted a different policy.

My fear is, if much of the baiting  seen on these boards is allowed to continue festering unchecked, there may come a time when someone actually gets charged with the crime of inciting hatred.
Now, whether or not NL would be considered complicit if such a development were to occur is anyone's guess.

Speech codes
Various institutions in the United States and Europe began developing codes to limit or punish hate speech in the 1990s, on the grounds that such speech amounts to discrimination. Thus, such codes prohibit words or phrases deemed to express, either deliberately or unknowingly, hatred or contempt towards a group of people, based on areas such as their ethnic, cultural, religious or sexual identity, or with reference to physical or mental heath.

It may also in some contexts challenge the rights of individuals based on any or all of the above criteria. In many countries, deliberate use of 'hate speech' is a criminal offence prohibited under incitement to hatred legislation. Such prohibitions have parallels with earlier prohibitions on such issues as obscenity and blasphemy, which are or were also presecutable offences. In addition to legal prohibition in many jurisdictions, prohibition of the use of hate speech has been written into the bylaws of some governmental and non-governmental institutions such as public universities, trades unions and other organisations (see below). Its use is also frowned upon by many publishing houses, broadcasting organisations and newspaper groups.
Source
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by NegroNtns(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2012
t can certainly be reduced significantly if the site administrator(s) adopted a different policy.

please dont start. NL has a policy that works and is effective. Why reinvent the wheel?
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

please dont start.  NL has a policy that works and is effective.  Why reinvent the wheel?

It works effectively?

This is based on empirical evidence or just your personal opinion?
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by NegroNtns(m): 11:16am On Feb 03, 2012
What is ineffective with the NL policy on interaction? Tell me.
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 03, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

What is ineffective with the NL policy on interaction?  Tell me.

Since you are the first respondent who alluded to the effectiveness of that policy, why don't you response to my question rather than posing one of your own?
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by NegroNtns(m): 11:23am On Feb 03, 2012
. . . well, you are pushing change. The burden is on you to convince and get buy-in from people opposed to the changes you advocate. Dont antagonize, . . . . .influence!
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by Dede1(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2012
@OP

Logic Mind is very logical on this topic. Africans in general and Nigerians in particular would want to eat their cake and have it. If you seemed twisted out of human form because of tribalism associated with Nairaland hence Nigeria, please support the plea for disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria into ethnic-based nation states.

Pretence is a dirty bit.ch. I really want escalation of hostility that is rooted in ethnic differences in Nigeria with hope such disorder could lead to disintegration of Nigeria
Re: Can Tribal Issue Stop On nairaland? by nduchucks: 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2012
@Dede1, I thought you were admonished by Eze Onlytruth to stay away from NL to honour Ikemba, so what are you doing here at 3pm Nigerian time? May I assume that you don't participate in meaningless and childish orders from toothless Ezes?

(1) (Reply)

Video: The Thief In Government House‏ / Nigeria Deports 28 South Africans As Row Deepens / Jonathan's Government Of Committee By Committee For Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.