Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Tattoo On The Body Is Evil - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tattoo On The Body Is Evil (9977 Views)

Reasons Why Yoruba Religion(aborisa) Is Evil / According To Jesus, Yahweh Is Evil. / Bishop Oyedepo Is Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

LMAO......
Lol, compare with Anony's warning to me earlier and his 'logicboy's is a bible illiterate' jab...

Interesting times on NL..
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 10:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

See this bible remixer! What is the difference between a scar and a tattoo? My friend has a scar from an iron that looks like a tattoo! Or the Yoruba people that have tribal marks will go to hell abi?

When they say "our body is the temple of the lord", it is not literal. It doesnt mean the human body, rather what we do with our lives.

Do you even know the definition of tattoo? How dare you call scars tattoos? Please consult a dictionary for better understanding.

And when they say "our body is the temple of God", it is literal. The life we live is very different from the body so please dont try to equate the two.

I'm not surprised by the fact that you dont understand the Bible, you are an atheist thus impossible for you to understand a spiritual book. It is clearly stated in the Bible why you cant understand.

Mark 4:11-12
King James Version (KJV)
11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2013
FXKing2012:

Do you even know the definition of tattoo? How dare you call scars tattoos? Please consult a dictionary for better understanding.

And when they say "our body is the temple of the lord", it is literal. The life we live is very different from the body so please dont try to equate the two.

I'm not surprised by the fact that you dont understand the Bible, you are an atheist thus impossible for you to understand a spiritual book. It is clearly stated in the Bible why you cant understand.

Mark 4:11-12
King James Version (KJV)
11 And he said unto them, Unto you it
is given to know the mystery of the
kingdom of God: but unto them that
are without, all these things are done
in parables:
12 That seeing they may see, and not
perceive; and hearing they may hear,
and not understand; lest at any time
they should be converted, and their
sins should be forgiven them.

If it is literal then we shouldnt mark our bodies in anyway.

-No make up
-No cosmetic surgery
-no circumcision
-no ear piercing
-no wedding rings
etc

I would like you to preach this at your next youth gathering.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 10:20pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, Ever heard of what is called a non-sequitor? Equating nakedness to killing of twins just doesn't follow.
The fact that you and logicboy (a confirmeed atheist) share the same opinion goes to show what the end-time church has turned into. This is deeply troubling.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
FXKing2012:
The fact that you and logic boy (a confirmeed atheist) share the same opinion goes to show what the end-time has turned into. This is deeply troubling.

lol
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 3:36am On Jan 25, 2013
honourhim:

The bible said that our body is the temple of the living God. Dont you think the owner of the temple will be interested how the temple is being kept? I think we shouldnt be quick in dismissing things done with our body with the statement- God looks in the heart.
Yes God looks in the heart. Before the man went for the tattoo, he first of all thought about it and had reasons in his heart why he wants to tattoo (which usually has much to do with lust of the flesh) and of course God sees the thoughts of his heart and judges him accordingly. This goes for every other thing we do in life as children of God(including our dressing). Not only tattoo. when you dress to kill, or appear hot or seductive etc, God sees the intents of your heart and judges accordinly. God looks in the heart because the heart is the centre of every action we take in life. Before you do anything you first conceive it in your heart. It is very easy for us as human beings to say that we did something out of our plain mind whereas in our hearts we actually did not do it out of plain mind thats the more reason why God looks in our heart more than our outward. The heart is where the true picture is. God not looking at our outward does not mean that we are free to appear anyhow or do things anyhow.
Of course it is true our bodies are the temple of God no doubt (1Corinthians 6:19). I'll now ask you to go and read 1 Corinthians 6, the verses refer to sexual immorality, not dressing and definitely not body decorations. Go and read it.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 3:52am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

And may I join in this discussion by saying equating FOOD with body mutilation or tattooing doesn't fit too.....because you have been using pauls mention of food to drive home your point why a christian getting a tattoo isn't wrong......food is a staple commodity tatto-ing is not....infact tattooing is useless...........there isn't any moral ground that would justify a christian with a complete bible trained conscience to go get tattoos........
No early 1st century Christian would run to go get tattoos thinking God would like it......only pagans drew tattoos on the bodies........

......Jesus dying for us does not mean we should do what ever we like thinking its all gonna bring praise to GOD.........our Body is so much important to GOD......we live for GOD and for his son and not for our selfish cravings.......
Lol, so food is now the problem abi? I can also talk about circumcision as well. The point is that the early church didn't burden the Gentiles with any Mosaic Laws except sexual immorality and eating of blood i.e. strangled animals and food offered to idols (Acts 15).

"....Since we have heard that certain persons who have gone out from us, though with no instructions from us, have said things to disturb you and have unsettled your minds, we have decided unanimously to choose representatives and send them to you, along with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, who have risked their lives for the sake of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will tell you the same things by word of mouth. For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to impose on you no further burden than these essentials: that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols and from blood and from what is strangled and from fornication. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell."
Acts 15:24-29

Notice that there is no talk of tattoos there at all. Where are you getting your doctrine from?

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 4:00am On Jan 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

See this bible remixer! What is the difference between a scar and a tattoo? My friend has a scar from an iron that looks like a tattoo! Or the Yoruba people that have tribal marks will go to hell abi?

When they say "our body is the temple of the lord", it is not literal. It doesnt mean the human body, rather what we do with our lives.

If it was literal, people with scars, tribal marks, scars from surgeries that they chose etc, are now evil
Lololololol............actually it means the human body literally. However it is only used in reference to sexual immorality. (1 Corinthians 6:13-20)
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 4:02am On Jan 25, 2013
Logicboy03:
I would ask you the relevance of Paul's statement on circumcision.

Not all surgeries are necessary
Nice!
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 4:08am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
The fact that you and logicboy (a confirmeed atheist) share the same opinion goes to show what the end-time church has turned into. This is deeply troubling.
Nonsense...this is a clear example of Ad hominen/Guilty by Association Fallacy.

If something is true, it is true.....It is irrelevant whose mouth is saying it (or whose fingers are typing it). Truth remains truth.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lololololol............actually it means the human body literally. However it is only used in reference to sexual immorality. (1 Corinthians 6:13-20)

You are right.....butthurts me to admit it but I should have said that it doesnt relate to tattoos.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 6:22am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, so food is now the problem abi? I can also talk about circumcision as well. The point is that the early church didn't burden the Gentiles with any Mosaic Laws except sexual immorality and eating of blood i.e. strangled animals and food offered to idols (Acts 15).

"....Since we have heard that certain persons who have gone out from us, though with no instructions from us, have said things to disturb you and have unsettled your minds, we have decided unanimously to choose representatives and send them to you, along with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, who have risked their lives for the sake of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will tell you the same things by word of mouth. For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to impose on you no further burden than these essentials: that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols and from blood and from what is strangled and from fornication. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell."

Notice that there is no talk of tattoos there at all. Where are you getting your doctrine from?
Did you also notice there is no mention of smoking or mastur.bation in the verses you quoted, so I guess it means it's ok to smoke and mastur.bate.

You are obviously still a baby Christian; for you, any act that is not directly and expressly mentioned as a sin in the Bible is not a sin. Little wonder you keep asking people to show you where "thou shall not tattoo" is written in the Bible.
Not every sin can be listed in the Bible but with wisdom you ought to know that "your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit" means if you damaged the temple in any way then God will definitely frown at it.

Please pray for wisdom.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 6:22am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:

I bet smoking of marijuana and cocaine was mentioned there too...right??..........anony bible principles should guide your perception as to what Christ approves or not.....the drawing of tattoos have always been around and not one of Gods servant(except the crazy ones) would go have tattoos................the apostle wouldn't have mentioned tattoos because infact no brother or sister had any(except maybe the gentiles who embraced Christ who already had tattoos)......common sense along with the principles from the scriptures made them know tattoos were worthless and ungodly..........the apostles stressed on issues that were more pressing and affecting the church:::::
1....Food sacrificed to idols(FOOD)...
2....Abstaining from blood.....
3...IMmorality.....

So you were expecting the apostles to mention tattoos.....smh!!!!!.......no christian back then had tattoos....................they were @ least saner than the professed christians we have now..................
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 6:25am On Jan 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

I would ask you the relevance of Paul's statement on circumcision.

Not all surgeries are necessary

Can you please tell me and let's discuss it....??...............
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 6:33am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Nonsense...this is a clear example of Ad hominen/Guilty by Association Fallacy.

If something is true, it is true.....It is irrelevant whose mouth is saying it (or whose fingers are typing it). Truth remains truth.
Guilty by association is not a fallacy my friend, it is a known fact that birds of a feather flock together. Jesus made it very clear that if you truly worship God then the world will condemn and reject you. So when an atheist agrees with your doctrine, what does that tell you about your true standing with God?

Truth is you've diluted the Bible and Christianity to the extent that your doctrine appeals to atheists.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 6:43am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Hmmm......can you please ponder over this scripture......when you knw the origin of tattoos you can then find out if it is something God likes....

2 corinthians 6:15-18

2 Corinthians 6:15-18
Amplified Bible (AMP)
15 What harmony can there be between Christ
and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer
in common with an unbeliever?
16 What agreement [can there be between] a
temple of God and idols? For we are the
temple of the living God; even as God said, I
will dwell in and with and among them and will
walk in and with and among them, and I will be
their God, and they shall be My people.
17 So, come out from among [unbelievers], and
separate (sever) yourselves from them, says
the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing;
then I will receive you kindly and treat you
with favor,
18 And I will be a Father to you, and you shall
be My sons and daughters, says the Lord
Almighty.

Knowing the origin of tattoos should let a christian know if it is still something that God detests or not..................

While we are free from the mosaic law we are still slaves to GOD....

Galatians 5:13....
New International Version (©1984)
You, my brothers, were called to be free. But
do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful
nature; rather, serve one another in love.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 8:27am On Jan 25, 2013
Logicboy03:
You are right.....butthurts me to admit it but I should have said that it doesnt relate to tattoos.
Lol, nah no need for "butthurt"(whatever that means) there's nothing wrong with ignorance - it is only a problem when the ignorance is willful. No one can blame you for what you don't know really.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 8:33am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
Did you also notice there is no mention of smoking or mastur.bation in the verses you quoted, so I guess it means it's ok to smoke and mastur.bate.

You are obviously still a baby Christian; for you, any act that is not directly and expressly mentioned as a sin in the Bible is not a sin. Little wonder you keep asking people to show you where "thou shall not tattoo" is written in the Bible.
Not every sin can be listed in the Bible but with wisdom you ought to know that "your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit" means if you damaged the temple in any way then God will definitely frown at it.

Please pray for wisdom.
Lol, the problem I have with those who claim to be "mature christians" is that they tend to heap their own doctrines upon the bible all in the name of "spiritual maturity".
First understand what the scripture says first, then we'll talk about what it didn't say.

....and yeah masturbation is a sin. Smoking isn't.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 8:45am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
I bet smoking of marijuana and cocaine was mentioned there too...right??..........anony bible principles should guide your perception as to what Christ approves or not.....the drawing of tattoos have always been around and not one of Gods servant(except the crazy ones) would go have tattoos................the apostle wouldn't have mentioned tattoos because infact no brother or sister had any(except maybe the gentiles who embraced Christ who already had tattoos)......common sense along with the principles from the scriptures made them know tattoos were worthless and ungodly..........the apostles stressed on issues that were more pressing and affecting the church:::::
1....Food sacrificed to idols(FOOD)...
2....Abstaining from blood.....
3...IMmorality.....

So you were expecting the apostles to mention tattoos.....smh!!!!!.......no christian back then had tattoos....................they were @ least saner than the professed christians we have now..................
Lol, my dear friend, you are drawing false parallels again. The Holy Spirit is a Spirit of self-control, it doesn't possess people. Any drug that makes a person lack self-control can simply not be of God.

Good you noted what the apostles dealt with. The rest of your talk is speculatory because you don't know if the gentiles had tattoos and whether or not they kept having tattoos. The bible is silent on this.
As for what is wrong with tattoos; Yes they were originally done as part of idol worship and that is why God told the Israelites not to do them. . . . but today, tattoos can be done for fun/body decoration with absolutely nothing fetish to it.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 8:55am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Hmmm......can you please ponder over this scripture......when you knw the origin of tattoos you can then find out if it is something God likes....

2 corinthians 6:15-18

2 Corinthians 6:15-18
Amplified Bible (AMP)
15 What harmony can there be between Christ
and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer
in common with an unbeliever?
16 What agreement [can there be between] a
temple of God and idols? For we are the
temple of the living God; even as God said, I
will dwell in and with and among them and will
walk in and with and among them, and I will be
their God, and they shall be My people.
17 So, come out from among [unbelievers], and
separate (sever) yourselves from them, says
the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing;
then I will receive you kindly and treat you
with favor,
18 And I will be a Father to you, and you shall
be My sons and daughters, says the Lord
Almighty.

Knowing the origin of tattoos should let a christian know if it is still something that God detests or not..................

While we are free from the mosaic law we are still slaves to GOD....

Galatians 5:13....
New International Version (©1984)
You, my brothers, were called to be free. But
do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful
nature; rather, serve one another in love.

Of course I have read that scripture.....however, I still don't see how tattoos are a sin from it. God tells us to be separate to Him, and not to act like the sinners yes. God is holy and we are called to holiness.

I agree to all these but what I am not seeing is how tattoos are sinful other than you feel it is sinful.

Yes I know the origin of tattoos but then I hold that the origin of a thing does not make such a thing bad.
For instance the origin of the olympics was a festival to Greek gods and godesses. Is it therefore wrong for Christians to partake in olympic sport because the origin came from idol worship?
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 8:58am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Can you please tell me and let's discuss it....??...............
Lol, logicboy'll need to do some bible study for this one.......I'll love to see how he answers
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 9:00am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
I bet smoking of marijuana and cocaine was mentioned there too...right??..........

and what's wrong with smoking marijuana and cocaine angry angry
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 9:03am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Of course I have read that scripture.....however, I still don't see how tattoos are a sin from it. God tells us to be separate to Him, and not to act like the sinners yes. God is holy and we are called to holiness.

I agree to all these but what I am not seeing is how tattoos are sinful other than you feel it is sinful.

Yes I know the origin of tattoos but then I hold that the origin of a thing does not make such a thing bad.
For instance the origin of the olympics was a festival to Greek gods and godesses. Is it therefore wrong for Christians to partake in olympic sport because the origin came from idol worship?

Oh so you know the origin of tattoos.......good to know.............Gods laws as regards his servants repudiating or not imbibing pagan customs and practices has not changed that is why that principle in 2 corinthians stands..................the reason(because its pagan) why God gave the laws prohibiting the isrealites from having tattoos has not changed.................because Jesus has died for us does not give us the leverage to do what ever we like(even embracing pagan practices that God never liked)....................if taTtoos had it start in recent times,then this whole discussion would have been a hard one.....tattoos have always been repudiated by Gods people including the early christians.........
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 9:03am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
Guilty by association is not a fallacy my friend, it is a known fact that birds of a feather flock together. Jesus made it very clear that if you truly worship God then the world will condemn and reject you. So when an atheist agrees with your doctrine, what does that tell you about your true standing with God?

Truth is you've diluted the Bible and Christianity to the extent that your doctrine appeals to atheists.
My friend, I think you should take a moment to ask yourself this question:

"Is the gospel true because it is persecuted or is it persecuted because it is true?"
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 9:04am On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Chineke!!!!!!!......zikky you again...??...grin............u dey ask me this kin question??..........
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 9:07am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Oh so you know the origin of tattoos.......good to know.............Gods laws as regards his servants repudiating or not imbibing pagan customs and practices has not changed that is why that principle in 2 corinthians stands..................the reason(because its pagan) why God gave the laws prohibiting the isrealites from having tattoos has not changed.................because Jesus has died for us does not give us the leverage to do what ever we like(even embracing pagan practices that God never liked)....................if taTtoos had it start in recent times,then this whole discussion would have been a hard one.....tattoos have always been repudiated by Gods people including the early christians.........

1. Please provide evidence of the early christians against tattoos.

2. I have shown you a historically pagan festival called the Olympics. I want to hear your verdict. Sin or Not Sin.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

What?? Oh no??

One question for you to ponder: How do you reconcile the fruit of the Spirit: Self-Control with smoking marijuana and cocaine?
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
As for what is wrong with tattoos; Yes they were originally done as part of idol worship and that is why God told the Israelites not to do them. . . . but today, tattoos can be done for fun/body decoration with absolutely nothing fetish to it.

Mr_Anony:

No mind them jare. some are always looking for one thing or the other to condemn just because they don't like that activity.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 9:13am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, my dear friend, you are drawing false parallels again. The Holy Spirit is a Spirit of self-control, it doesn't possess people. Any drug that makes a person lack self-control can simply not be of God.

Good you noted what the apostles dealt with. The rest of your talk is speculatory because you don't know if the gentiles had tattoos and whether or not they kept having tattoos. The bible is silent on this.

So tattoos can be done for fun/body decoration makes tattoos now acceptable in the eyes of GOd(no longer pagan)??....talking about one being speculatory I think you're the culprit here..............

I heard you say the holy spirit is a spirit of selfcontrol right when talking about the use of hard drugs??....can you please open the bible and show me where it says taking any hard drugs that would make one not have self control is bad............let me ask you the same unscriptural questions you've been asking.......

if you and other tattoo advocates had self control you should have known that self control is that quality that would make a servant of GOD not covet pagan practices and imbibe them...........
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

No mind them jare. some are always looking for one thing or the other to condemn just because they don't like that activity.

Not because we don't like it,its because scriptural principles don't support it..........I know you zikky can do anything and claim you are serving God with it..............if you like smoke and push drugs na you sabi.........
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 9:17am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Chineke!!!!!!!......zikky you again...??...grin............u dey ask me this kin question??..........

abeg answer my question jor angry Cheneke no dey for this matter angry
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 9:21am On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

abeg answer my question jor angry Cheneke no dey for this matter angry

I no go answer your question....anony go answer am for you....grin.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bible The Biggest Liar And Contradiction ever produce In the History Of Man / Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? / Pastor AIO, Come Teach Us The Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.