Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Tattoo On The Body Is Evil - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tattoo On The Body Is Evil (9978 Views)

Reasons Why Yoruba Religion(aborisa) Is Evil / According To Jesus, Yahweh Is Evil. / Bishop Oyedepo Is Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
What?? Oh no??

One question for you to ponder: How do you reconcile the fruit of the Spirit: Self-Control with smoking marijuana and cocaine?

i will answer after i have finished with that young militant.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 9:39am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

So tattoos can be done for fun/body decoration makes tattoos now acceptable in the eyes of GOd(no longer pagan)??....talking about one being speculatory I think you're the culprit here..............
Lol, I still await your verdict on olympic sport. Is it unacceptable in the eyes of God?

I heard you say the holy spirit is a spirit of selfcontrol right when talking about the use of hard drugs??....can you please open the bible and show me where it says taking any hard drugs that would make one not have self control is bad............let me ask you the same unscriptural questions you've been asking.......
I don't have to show the bible specifically mention cocaine. All I have to show is that the Holy Spirit is a Spirit of Self-Control. As long as hard drugs make a person lose self-control, they are evil.

I see no way that tattoos contradict any of the fruit of the Spirit

if you and other tattoo advocates had self control you should have known that self control is that quality that would make a servant of GOD not covet pagan practices and imbibe them...........
Point of correction: tattooing was a pagan practice. The olympics too was a pagan practice. Today one can have a tattoo or throw a javelin or run a 100m race without any paganism. Where is the sin in it since it is not done in honour of an idol?

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 9:45am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

I no go answer your question....anony go answer am for you....grin.........

you see yourself angry always making accusations you cannot defend angry now you are looking to Mr Anony to rescue you.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 9:50am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
..........I know you zikky can do anything and claim you are serving God with it..............if you like smoke and push drugs na you sabi.........

There are no claim of servig God with marijuana & cocaine. All that's required from you is to tell me what's wrong with smoking marijuana and cocaine. you do begin fear? abeg answer my question so people can see you don't know what you are talking about angry
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 9:52am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I still await your verdict on olympic sport. Is it unacceptable in the eyes of God?

It still remains what it is........PAGAN.........I guess you know how much God frowns at paganism...grin...
Mr_Anony:

I don't have to show the bible specifically mention cocaine. All I have to show is that the Holy Spirit is a Spirit of Self-Control. As long as hard drugs make a person lose self-control, they are evil.

Lol.............and I also showed you what the spirit of self control would help a servant of God do and not do............if any servant of God has self control he/she would not opt to adopt a pagan practice...........abi the holy spirit nor teach you that one.....it surprises me you are using scriptural principles to show that the intake(smoking) of marijuana is bad,but would refutes scriptural principles against having tattoos..........
Mr_Anony:

I see no way that tattoos contradict any of the fruit of the Spirit

The self control you've been all about squashes having tattoos..........

Mr_Anony:

Point of correction: tattooing was a pagan practice. The olympics too was a pagan practice. Today one can have a tattoo or throw a javelin or run a 100m race without any paganism. Where is the sin in it since it is not done in honour of an idol?

Tattoos still remains a pagan custom....the origin has not changed..................and so also the olympics.....u don hear??.........no matter how you try to white wash pagan practices the truth will still stand...........
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 9:55am On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

There are no claim of servig God with marijuana & cocaine. All that's required from you is to tell me what's wrong with smoking marijuana and cocaine. you do begin fear? abeg answer my question so people can see you don't know what you are talking about angry

Anony has answered that question...........and no dey ask me question wey you knw biblical answers to...........I have noticed engaging in your selfish desires has taken first place,while scriptural principles have gone to the back ground...............and I know what I'm talking about.....cheesy
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 9:59am On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

you see yourself angry always making accusations you cannot defend angry now you are looking to Mr Anony to rescue you.

I'm not looking for anony to rescue me......he has answered your question via precept upon precept......abi that answer no do you??.............
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 10:08am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

It still remains what it is........PAGAN.........I guess you know how much God frowns at paganism...grin...

Lol.............and I also showed you what the spirit of self control would help a servant of God do and not do............if any servant of God has self control he/she would not opt to adopt a pagan practice...........abi the holy spirit nor teach you that one.....it surprises me you are using scriptural principles to show that the intake(smoking) of marijuana is bad,but would refutes scriptural principles against having tattoos..........

The self control you've been all about squashes having tattoos..........

Tattoos still remains a pagan custom....the origin has not changed..................and so also the olympics.....u don hear??.........no matter how you try to white wash pagan practices the truth will still stand...........
At this point I'll let you be. We have nothing left to argue. If the olympics are sin to you because of their origin, then I don't see how tattoos won't be sin to you because of it's history. Just remember that we too who were once sinners but are now sanctified, our origin has also not changed. May God have mercy on us all.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
....and yeah masturbation is a sin. Smoking isn't.
Now I know you are not only a false teacher but also a confused one: how is smoking better than mastur.bation? If anything mastur.bation is better because you are damaging nothing. Your mission is simply to mislead and I know who is using you.

It's a waste of resources debating with a false teacher who says it's ok to intentionally destroy your skin by tattooing and destroy your internal organs by smoking.
Matt. 24:11 - And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 10:18am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
Now I know you are not only a false teacher but also a confused one: how is smoking better than mastur.bation? If anything mastur.bation is better because you are damaging nothing. Your mission is simply to mislead and I know who is using you.

It's a waste of resources debating with a false teacher who says it's ok to intentionally destroy your skin by tattooing and destroy your internal organs by smoking.
Matt. 24:11 - And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Lol, I hope you know that coffee and cocacola will also damage your internal organs. . .but they are not sin.

Masturbation on the other hand is tied to lust and that my brother is sin. I hope you know that if you are married and masturbate with your wife, it is not sin.

....and yeah, Jesus Christ was also called an agent of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 10:19am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
What?? Oh no??

One question for you to ponder: How do you reconcile the fruit of the Spirit: Self-Control with smoking marijuana and cocaine?
You should be the one asking yourself this question because you are the one who claim it's ok for a Christian to tattoo and smoke.
So how do you reconcile these cravings of the flesh with the fruit of the Spirit?
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 10:24am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
At this point I'll let you be. We have nothing left to argue. If the olympics are sin to you because of their origin, then I don't see how tattoos won't be sin to you because of it's history. Just remember that we too who were once sinners but are now sanctified, our origin has also not changed. May God have mercy on us all.

our origins have changed in that we have abandoned our former ways of life(become totally new persons) and stuck to the scriptures..........tattoos remain what they were and what they stand for (even if many today say that they are having tattoos just for fun and not for the sake of following pagan practices)......if these persons really had there minds renewed in the first place the having of tattoos would not come into there mind.........

phillipians 4:8-9

Philippians 4:8-9
King James Version (KJV)
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are[b] pure[/b], whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

anybody wey like make him do tattooo na him sabi.......
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 10:24am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
You should be the one asking yourself this question because you are the one who claim it's ok for a Christian to tattoo and smoke.
So how do you reconcile these cravings of the flesh with the fruit of the Spirit?

First of all you have to ascertain for me that they are sinful fleshly pleasures because food and drink are also cravings of the flesh. I will ask you to tell me exactly how cigarretes and tattoos contradict the fruit of the Spirit. I don't see how they do.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 10:27am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

our origins have changed in that we have abandoned our former ways of life(become totally new persons) and stuck to the scriptures..........tattoos remain what they were and what they stand for (even if many today say that they are having tattoos just for fun and not for the sake of following pagan practices)......if these persons really had there minds renewed in the first place the having of tattoos would not come into there mind.........

phillipians 4:8-9

Philippians 4:8-9
King James Version (KJV)
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are[b] pure[/b], whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

anybody wey like make him do tattooo na him sabi.......
The thing is that you are the one saying it is sin. The bible also does not tell me that it is sin.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I hope you know that coffee and cocacola will also damage your internal organs. . .but they are not sin.

....and yeah, Jesus Christ was also called an agent of the devil.
Caffeine acts as a central nervous system stimulant, temporarily warding off drowsiness and restoring alertness.
Caffeine is toxic at sufficiently high doses.
So what quantity of caffeine is in coca cola and coffee that makes them damage your internal organs? Seems you are willing to say just about anything to support your stance.
Philippians 4:5
"Let your moderation be known unto all men . The Lord is at hand."

And please dont even try to compare yourself with Jesus because He would never get a tattoo or smoke if He were on earth today.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 10:48am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
Caffeine acts as a central nervous system stimulant, temporarily warding off drowsiness and restoring alertness.
Caffeine is toxic at sufficiently high doses.
So what quantity of caffeine is in coca cola and coffee that makes them damage your internal organs? Seems you are willing to say just about anything to support your stance.
Philippians 4:5
"Let your moderation be known unto all men . The Lord is at hand."

And please dont even try to compare yourself with Jesus because He would never get a tattoo or smoke if He were on earth today.
Lol Ok then, smoking moderately perhaps?

......by the way Jesus drank alchohol and attended many parties including one with a prostitute also in attendance and one hosted by a well known sinner. He was called a glutton and a drunkard by the "mature christians" of his time (a.k.a. pharisees)
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 11:01am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:

First of all you have to ascertain for me that they are sinful fleshly pleasures because food and drink are also cravings of the flesh. I will ask you to tell me exactly how cigarretes and tattoos contradict the fruit of the Spirit. I don't see how they do.
Chai! So you dont know how cravins of the flesh go against the fruit of the Spirit? You be true international pastor (lol).

You even equate water and food with tattoo and cigarette (lmao). Ok, let me help your ignorance: food and water are essential for life; they are a neccessity to stay alive. Tattoo and cigarette/hemp/cocaine etc are not essentials for life but mere cravings of the flesh
However, gluttony is a sin because it is a craving of the flesh.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 11:11am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
Chai! So you dont know how cravins of the flesh go against the fruit of the Spirit? You be true international pastor (lol).

You even equate water and food with tattoo and cigarette (lmao). Ok, let me help your ignorance: food and water are essential for life; they are a neccessity to stay alive. Tattoo and cigarette/hemp/cocaine etc are not essentials for life but mere cravings of the flesh
However, gluttony is a sin because it is a craving of the flesh.

Actually I meant exotic food and quality alchohol.

The point is not that our flesh does not want these things, the point is that we subject them to the Spirit of Truth. I don't see how having a tattoo affects my communion with God.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 11:13am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol Ok then, smoking moderately perhaps?

......by the way Jesus drank alchohol and attended many parties including one with a prostitute also in attendance and one hosted by a well known sinner. He was called a glutton and a drunkard by the "mature christians" of his time (a.k.a. pharisees)
Smoking and tattooing add no value to us so there should be no such thing as doing them moderately.

Where and when did Jesus take alcohol? Please dont blasphem. Jesus turned water into wine, not alcohol. And anytime He associated with sinners, it was for the sole purpose of saving them - nothing more.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by FXKing2012(m): 11:19am On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony: I don't see how having a tattoo affects my communion with God.
The same way mastur.bation affects your communion with God.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 11:26am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
Anony has answered that question...........

Where? angry

ijawkid:
........I have noticed engaging in your selfish desires has taken first place,while scriptural principles have gone to the back ground...........

now you are saying zikkyy smoke grass and sniff cocaine grin just to avoid my question angry

ijawkid:
......and I know what I'm talking about.....cheesy

...and you dey fear to answer grin you see yourself angry
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 11:34am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
The same way mastur.bation affects your communion with God.
Lol you are now grasping for straws and simply lying against me. My stance on masturbation is very clear
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 11:38am On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Where? angry

you didnt read when he connected the fruit of self control with taking hard drugs??....u no see am??

Zikkyy:
now you are saying zikkyy smoke grass and sniff cocaine grin just to avoid my question angry
you dey sound like person wey dey smoke haze... grin....if not i see no reason why you would ask me the irrelevant question you asked.........if logicboy or some pagan 9ja was asking this question i wouldnt have been bothered
Zikkyy:

...and you dey fear to answer grin you see yourself angry

i no dey fear...your question too yeye.....even your conscience go answer that question for you.... cheesy
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Image123(m): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2013
iyah! see as what tithe things join together, tattoo and marijuana wan put asunder for hia. o ma se ooooo!
it will be well
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 11:57am On Jan 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
Smoking and tattooing add no value to us so there should be no such thing as doing them moderately.
Lol...

Where and when did Jesus take alcohol? Please dont blasphem. Jesus turned water into wine, not alcohol.
All through the bible, every time the bible refers to wine, it is usually alcoholic wine. Why should this one be any different? I think you should also notice in 1Cor 11:21 that the wine drank at the communion was clearly alcohol.

Please don't force Christ into your picture of what you think righteousness ought to be.

And anytime He associated with sinners, it was for the sole purpose of saving them - nothing more.
Lol, of course.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
you didnt read when he connected the fruit of self control with taking hard drugs??....u no see am??

Where? is it this one below:

Mr_Anony:

or this one:

Mr_Anony:

you people need to define what you mean by self-control angry cos i don't know what you guys mean by that word o! we all know that there are a lot of things that makes people lose 'self-control' (whatever that means), even when Mr. Anony is doing his thing with his madam, there is that point in the process when the man looses 'self-control' grin is that one evil as well? go to pastor chris embassy and see people loosing self-control anytime their body cross path with oyaks shadow grin is that one evil? people can lose self control when they are sick. you can see you have not answered my question. am expecting a proper answer from you abeg angry
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
Image123: iyah! see as what tithe things join together, tattoo and marijuana wan put asunder for hia. o ma se ooooo!
it will be well

@image123, am begining to suspect you smoke marijuana o! cos your posts these days appears to have been influenced by something beyond your control grin
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Where? is it this one below:

or this one:

you people need to define what you mean by self-control angry cos i don't know what you guys mean by that word o! we all know that there are a lot of things that makes people lose 'self-control' (whatever that means), even when Mr. Anony is doing his thing with his madam, there is that point in the process when the man looses 'self-control' grin is that one evil as well? go to pastor chris embassy and see people loosing self-control anytime their body cross path with oyaks shadow grin is that one evil? people can lose self control when they are sick. you can see you have not answered my question. am expecting a proper answer from you abeg angry
Wow! just wow!

Are you for real??
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

i will answer after i have finished with that young militant.
I think we've come to that point where you now need to answer
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
...even your conscience go answer that question for you.... cheesy

My conscience tells me there are no issues with marijuana and cocaine. Its the reason i asked that question. cos it appears you have issues with the idea of smoking marijuana and cocaine.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Wow! just wow!

Are you for real??

am for real o!
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 12:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

am for real o!
Then we have a big problem on our hands.

Perhaps you can start by telling me why would a person snort a line of coke other than getting high? What other purpose is there to sniff cocaine?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bible The Biggest Liar And Contradiction ever produce In the History Of Man / Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? / Pastor AIO, Come Teach Us The Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.