Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:38 AM

Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days (9448 Views)

Youwin: Dailytrust/actionaid Humiliated By Youwin Winners(pics) / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) / FG releases Provisional List Of YouWin Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2012
.Did i sent a letter to Nasir El-rufai asking him to help me pay my house rent??

Did i host a scamming  website to swinddle funds?? You are a complete FRAUD!!!

Oya tell us about the letter you sent to Nasir El-rufai asking him for rent or this scamming site www.afrosciencecommunity.com

Beaf:

Anoda "source" again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ol' boy, sofri na! shocked

Rhino.5dm and his lies again! Here's a catalog:

He saved Italy from flooding.
He is a computer graphics guru.
Knows how to drill crude oil.
Is an aged ex-soldier.
Is a young man.
Knows boko haram inside out.

. . .But this takes the cookey!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-799736.32.html

Okon! shocked shocked

Akpabio come o! Julius Berger! OPC! Agbum! grin grin grin grin grin grin
This early morning, anoda lie again!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 1:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
Beaf Oya this na your letter to Mallam Nasir El-rufai prior to you joinng GEJ"s campaign team as a vulture.

Dear Mallam Salihu,
We need to have a long term plan to change the mind of skeptical Nigerians and show them a new way of leadership. Contrary to what a lot of people believe, such a plan should be simple not complicated.

We need to build a grass root movement like the one built by Joe Trippi with the Dean campaign in The U.S and with the Tsvangirai campaign in Zimbabwe. This has to be a long term strategy. Our task is therefore to use web based tools to solidify our base which is the educated youth and middle class who see Mallam El Rufai for what he is and have a favourable opinion of him and we have to follow a template that worked well for MKO Abiola by using philanthropy and humanitarianism to penetrate the psyche of the ordinary grass root Nigerian who is suspicious of politicians in general and views MallamEl Rufai as an elitist.

[b]
My plan is simply this, to return to Nigeria sometime in the near future and use Mallam Nasir's Council for Youth Empowerment to wake up sleeper cells that I have planted over the years in Nigeria and organise them into an army of volunteers who will immediately go to disaster areas such as places which have experienced floods, building collapse, multi car accidents, epidemics (like the Cholera epidemic/Zamfara lead poisoning outbreak) etc and in the name of the Council and it's founder Mallam Nasir provide some form of community service to the victims. They will also go to Motherless babies homes and orphanages as well as leper colonies.

In the social arena, they will tour both private and public universities and organise the students to clean up their environments and renounce cultism as well as provide them with tokens such as books and condoms to reduce the risk of HIV infections amongst the student population. We will also get inexpensive eye glasses and over the counter medications from bargain stores in the U.S and give these to rural communities. This will be followed immediately by intense media spotlight which I will personally direct[/b]. The end result is that subliminally, we will affect the minds of Nigerians such that when they think of the name Mallam Nasir El Rufai, they will immediately think of his volunteers and their good work because EVERYTHING that is done will be acknowledged by my people to be done under the inspiration of Mallam El Rufai.
Regards,

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by psalmizt(m): 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2012
seal777:

I will not be quick in criticizing the success or failure of the program even though i did not believe in it hence my reason for not applying.

I have critical questions i need to ask:

[b]1. Are the beneficiaries going to invest the money in the same Nigeria where i currently operate as a small scale business  man?    ( Erratic power supply and multiple taxation regime of the state, federal and local government).

What i spend on power yearly is almost the same as the grant they are offering innocent unemployed guys, the government will do well by preventing those waste on individual power generation.

I will stop on those two areas cos those are the areas that are of utmost concern to me.

It also worthy to note that millions of us who have been in private business for over a decade don't need grant or anything from the government other than the enabling environment ( uninterrupted power most importantly)which in any case we are wiling and ready to pay for.

They should do what other sane societies of the world do and stop funding corruption by spreading money around.[/b]
As part of their business plan they are expected to provide a cash flow and financial statement. So yes they are going to invest it in NIGERIA. One quick point, the more persons an idea is able to employ the more points scored. These things are real trust me.
As for coming up with a list, I neva said I had the list. I only said that they are down to about 4000 and the eventual winners would be around 1500 not 500,  It is only an information, anything can change
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Funkymallam(m): 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

Am privy to thesame information and my source said the figures is "around" 500 shocked shocked shocked. kai! i no fit shout!!!

How about posting the list or STFU??
Rhino.4dm:

Am privy to thesame information and my source said the figures is "around" 500 shocked shocked shocked. kai! i no fit shout!!!

How about posting the list or STFU??

Nw i knw u r irredeemable shocked

can u quote d main source and highlight ur dreamland 'about 500'?

Beaf:

Anoda "source" again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is an aged ex-soldier.
Is a young man.

Okon! shocked shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Beaf, abeg i no wan laff. We knw d guy n his types.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2012
Beaf come oooooooo. come oooooooo.  shocked shocked

So, after El-rufai refuses your plead he became your sworn enemy. Tell us more about your plans to confuse more Nairalanders on what is really going on. OLE!!!

[size=20pt]stop licking arse for living. Go and look for proper employment. [/size]

Dear Mallam Nasir,
I am playing with an idea in my mind. I am thinking of taking time off (a sabbatical so to say) and coming to Nigeria as a free moral agent to try to influence the direction of the 2011 elections. I am convinced that if I am on the ground my influence will be greater. I would want to arrange something on the ground similar to what Trippi did in Zimbabwe and organize private citizen groups and equip them with technology and skills to monitor the elections clandestinely and relay video and oral reports to the world media in real time and force the government and the INEC to be honest and conduct free and fair elections. One thing holding me back is that I will need accommodation in Abuja. I have been exploring options but Abuja is even more expensive than the U.S and landlords are demanding 2 years rent  shocked :oin advance.  Respectfully sir, I was wondering if you could help in this regard.
Regards,

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by seal777(m): 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2012
@psalmizt,

You have not addressed my points.
seal777:

[b]I will not be quick in criticizing the success or failure of the program even though i did not believe in it hence my reason for not applying.

I have critical questions i need to ask:

1. Are the beneficiaries going to invest the money in the same Nigeria where i currently operate as a small scale business  man?    ( Erratic power supply and multiple taxation regime of the state, federal and local government).

What i spend on power yearly is almost the same as the grant they are offering innocent unemployed guys, the government will do well by preventing those waste on individual power generation.

I will stop on those two areas cos those are the areas that are of utmost concern to me.

It also worthy to note that millions of us who have been in private business for over a decade don't need grant or anything from the government other than the enabling environment ( uninterrupted power most importantly)which in any case we are wiling and ready to pay for.

They should do what other sane societies of the world do and stop funding corruption by spreading money around.[/b]
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by agabaI23(m): 1:20pm On Feb 04, 2012
nasty45:

Only 500 applicants?DS THING NA WASH.among 150mil nigerians or 8k members on ds forum,na only 5h apply?*my bad*ABEG MK THEM TELL ME WETIN I NO KNW.F.OOL.ISH GOVT

I am sure you did not finish the first sentence.

Over 500 applications were received from Nigerians in the Diaspora among the[b] 24,000 who applied [/b]to participate in the Federal Government youth entrepreneurship programme, YOUWIN.

Hatred is a bad thing
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by psalmizt(m): 1:23pm On Feb 04, 2012
seal777:

You have not addressed my points.

In view of your points, do you suggest then that we all should wait till we fix power or the myriads of problem facing this nation?
Well, like i said, the applicants were asked to submit a business plan that captures the running cost of their ideas. i don't want to start dwelling on what and what nots. All i know is that these plans are not being looked at as an Isolated case. It is on a case-by-case note. At this point if i am unable to convince you then I have nothin more to say.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 1:25pm On Feb 04, 2012
You still wonder why he attatcks anyone that criticized GEJ I pity the fools following him like brainless monkeys.

From October 2010 to early this year, Beaf purchased a palatial home in Asokoro, Abuja where houses sell in the range of N300 million to 1 billion. It is obvious that he has been handsomely paid by the GEJ camp.

Beaf, me and you can never be on thesame page. vultures like you dont deserve to live.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 1:31pm On Feb 04, 2012
[size=28pt]Ole!!!!!![/size]

No hope for Nigeria.
Folks this has nothing to do with North Versus south, El rufai raised very objective points.

Beaf symbolises the systemic problem with our country, we all heralded the coming of Bankole, expectations were that the fellow would perform being a young well travelled educated guy alas, Beaf is even worse, for someone to backstab a so called friend is even beyond desperation, Beaf can actually kill to achieve his selfish aim. Long and short, the youth is even worse, we lack honor and love money!!!! Only God would save Nigeria from the likes of Beaf.

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by nasty45(m): 1:31pm On Feb 04, 2012
agabaI23:

I am sure you did not finish the first sentence.

Hatred is a bad thing
thanks bro. Even @ that i stil dont like d whole idea.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by nasty45(m): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2012
I see,even beaf is scared of respondin to those allegations.IF AL DS THINGS WRITTEN BY RHINO.5DM IS TRUE,I PITY NIGERIANS
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2012
You don run?? Brouhahahahahha! shina rambo of our time!! lawrence Anini of our time!!!![size=28pt]wetin you see sef?[/size]

Blood sucking evil-PDP puppet! FRAUD!!
Beaf:

Is an aged ex-soldier.
Is a young man.

Okon! shocked shocked

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Funkymallam(m): 1:41pm On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

You still wonder why he attatcks anyone that criticized GEJ I pity the fools following him like brainless monkeys.

Beaf, me and you can never be on thesame page. vultures like you dont deserve to live.

U v got serious accusations up there eventhough, u v derialed d thread but i ask hw do u xpect folks to blive u?
1. U v been spreading falsehood here even when ppl can easily read d article n see. Hw r we sure ur latest rants s true?
2. U v not provided any credible link but just mnufactured quotes?

Pls, we want to knw more but u most prove ur credibility first.
Thnx
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 1:41pm On Feb 04, 2012
[size=18pt]Those are real facts!. These are the only reasons the poor pathetic evil-souls always attack me on nairaland. He knows i know!!![/size]

nasty45:

I see,even beaf is scared of respondin to those allegations.IF AL DS THINGS WRITTEN BY RHINO.5DM IS TRUE,I PITY NIGERIANS
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by mkmyers45(m): 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2012
Ha, may i hear say dem give them 100M why not give 10 m each to 5,000 people, 500 selected persons close to government bigots
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by agabaI23(m): 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2012
nasty45:

thanks bro. Even @ that i stil dont like d whole idea.
I have seen this kind of programme produce seasoned entrepreneurs.

http://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/BusinessandKnowledgeExploitation/News/#d.en.184920
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by nduchucks: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
Seun:

My comment on CP-Africa:

I applaud this initiative because it’s better than almost anything else that could have been done with the “youth development” money. However, let us not forget that, at best, the success of the ventures funded under this program will be abysmal compared to what an experienced venture capitalist or a group of angel investors would achieve with the same amount of capital.

When you put billions of public funds into the hands of academics and bureaucrats and ask them to fund good ideas, it sounds great, but it won’t do anywhere near as much good as you would expect, because the operators have nothing to gain if the ventures succeed and nothing to lose if they fail.

Private investors lose their ability to invest when they invest unwisely. If the money is yours, you lose the money, and if it’s for your clients, they lose it and you are fired. This natural selection process weeds out dreamers and wishful thinkers and rewards rational and realistic investors with more capital. In the absence of such accountability, it’s almost impossible for anyone to make wise investment decisions, no matter how sincere.

+100

Lets hope they have similar programs geared towards proven and established small businessmen who can employ 10 or more youths by the kind of support which government agents can provide, such as, government backed small business loans, easier access to business enhancing resources e.t.c.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by obowunmi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
I applaud Seun and Seal777 for such laudable contributions. You guys make sense.

Seun, you are absolutely correct in stating that private investing goes a long way, than merely giving some people, who probably plan to use the money for other things except business. But you should also understand that everything in Nigeria must be government "enabled" or affiliated for it to be successful. I were this guys, I'd ask for other things from the government rather than money. However, they'd rather take the money because it will go into someone's private bank account anyways, if its not spent.

Seal777, you hit the nail right on the head. Nigeria doesn't plan to change anytime soon, by tackling power supply. You're better off in Ghana than in Nigeria. The only thing working in Nigeria is if ure able to connect ur way into govt and steal like the likes of Dangote and Adenuga to make sure the cost of supplying ur own power doesn't eat into ur profits.

Find a government official, emmbezzle money, keep ur profits, that's the Nigerian way.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Ournaija: 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2012
The Youwin program is already a success.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by dustydee: 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2012
When is the next phase starting? I want to apply.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Tyche(m): 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2012
So much for a thread. BTW, YouWIn is real. QED
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2012
wetin na? this is the govt of empty promises.  i will call up this thread and bump it 72 days from now and beaf will hide in his toilet swilling his cheap beer .

abeg where are the 1600 buses again?
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
Ournaija:

The Youwin program is already a success.

dem never even release funds for the program and you don dey announce sey it is a success??  undecided undecided Na only raffle people don win, but you have already decided it a success just for that. Why not wait 72 days + 6 months to judge the project.

Kai!! Nigerians ehn, na people like una be the mechanics of all these problems. Una too get seriously low standards!!
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^^ it's high time we start thinking Positive for our Government Initiative programme cool
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Ournaija: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

dem never even release funds for the program and you don dey announce sey it is a success??  undecided undecided  Na only raffle people don win, but you have already decided it a success just for that. Why not wait 72 days + 6 months to judge the project.

Kai!! Nigerians ehn, na people like una be the mechanics of all these problems. Una too get seriously low standards!!

The kind of quality training that was organized for the selected 6000 phase one winners is enough for anyone with entrepreneurship skill to shine. Are you calling that a failure? You think it will only be a success when they dish out money without proper training. Which kain low standard u mean? I agree Nigerians be the panel beater of their problems and na we go still sand paper am. tongue
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by NET1(m): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2012
I applied for this programme and attended the Business Training in Benin, Edo State. I think there is a reasonable level of sincerity from this government (especially on the YouWIN project). I hope this tempo is sustained.

The initial plan was to have 1 person in each Geo-political region win the maximum sum of 10Million, and several others winning various smaller amounts. However, it appears they changed their minds while the programme was still on.

Now, the best 300 proposals will win 10Million Naira (irrespective of Geo-political region). Then, 150 people in each geo-political region win various sums (depending on their assessment of your business).

So, let's do the math:  300 + (150 x 6) = 1200 winners.

I think that's a good start for this YouWIN project. I hope to win.

.NET
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Beaf: 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

.Did i sent a letter to Nasir El-rufai asking him to help me pay my house rent??

Did i host a scamming  website to swinddle funds?? You are a complete FRAUD!!!

Oya tell us about the letter you sent to Nasir El-rufai asking him for rent or this scamming site www.afrosciencecommunity.com

Yada ya! Mad people always sound mad sha! grin

. . .Just like YouWin is a scam to grass gripping mud munchers like you. embarassed
Bruv, if you wanna feed honestly, go off the www.afrosciencecommunity.com and practicalise one or two inventions, which were donated FREE of charge to the site by people who care more about the country than a corpse luv'n vulture like yourself could ever dream of.

. . .Nex matter jare! grin

I have not even started exposing your lies eg when you took a picture on a barge in Ikorodu and claimed it was an offshore oil rig!
A barge in Ikorodu as an oil rig! Pikin you de lie o!
Unu go let laf make malaria catch fowl o! grin grin grin

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by obowunmi(m): 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2012
Beaf, watch yaself joor and stop disturbing the peace of the thread. You work for the government, e don do.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Beaf: 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2012
Behold Rhino.5dm on a barge in Ikorodu which he claimed it was an offshore oil rig! baba surutu! grin grin grin grin
thats why he can lie that Youwin and www.afrosciencecommunity.com are scams, as well as tell porkies about houses in asokoro.

[size=14pt]LIAR.[/size]

[size=14pt]This is Rhino.5dm on off shore plartform. During installation @ offshore Bonny island, today! [/size]

Beaf the jokes is on you. Prove to us what you do for living.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/507941_Rhino_5dm_jpgd76ef052affc5e2672d1b273ca950e03

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-738367.96.html#msg8965313

Offshore oil platform with rope and garawa! Gaddem! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Unu go take laf broke small pikin back o!

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Feb 04, 2012
Ournaija:

The kind of quality training that was organized for the selected 6000 phase one winners is enough for anyone with entrepreneurship skill to shine. Are you calling that a failure? You think it will only be a success when they dish out money without proper training. Which kain low standard u mean? I agree Nigerians be the panel beater of their problems and na we go still sand paper am. tongue

Quality and training . . . na your money dem they use do all that . . . no be for free. . . . The Millions of dollards being spent on this is from money that would have gone to educating your children and their own children's children.

Before you start breaking out the champaign and popping out the authentic cubans . . . wait to see RESULTS . . .

again . . . .
Kobojunkie:

dem never even release funds for the program and you don dey announce sey it is a success??  undecided undecided  Na only raffle people don win, but you have already decided it a success just for that. Why not wait 72 days + 6 months to judge the project.

P.S. . . . Thinking positive HAS NOTHING to do with being IRRATIONALLY OPTIMISTIC especially when there is there no real measure of success to be seen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun: Dapo Abiodun Assures Akute Residents Of Good Roads / "Suspend Amaechi And Onu Now" - PDP Tells Buhari / Adebayo Shittu: Just Like Buhari, Tinubu Is Very Healthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.