Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:07 PM

Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days (9383 Views)

Youwin: Dailytrust/actionaid Humiliated By Youwin Winners(pics) / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) / FG releases Provisional List Of YouWin Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by mukina2: 11:19am On Feb 04, 2012
Over 500 applications were received from Nigerians in the Diaspora among the 24,000 who applied to participate in the Federal Government youth entrepreneurship programme, YOUWIN.

Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala disclosed this at an agreement signing ceremony between the Federal Ministry of Finance, Youth Development and ICT and participating banks, in Abuja, on Wednesday.

The huge interest shown by the applicants at home and abroad, the Minister said, was a vote of confidence on the programme by Nigerian youths.

YOUWIN was launched in October last year by President Goodluck Jonathan to provide jobs for 80,000 and 100,000 unemployed youths.

The jobs will be created through businesses created by the 3,600 youths with brilliant business ideas who will be identified through YOUWIN and directly supported to realize their entrepreneurial ideas over the next three years.

At the signing ceremony were representatives of the 6,000 applicants selected on merit from the 24,000 applications received. The eventual winners will receive between one million to ten million naira, training, support for equity in their business, introduction to banks for additional credit and mentoring.

The minister thanked the participating banks, development partners, including the World Bank and DFID as well as SMEDAN, Bank of Industry and some private sector organisations, for their financial and other support for YOUWIN.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/youwin-winners-access-funds-within-72-days#.Ty0EV1CLMns.twitter
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Beaf: 11:26am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.5dm is gonna faint o! grin

Instead of at least submitting his ideas about catching squirrels or frying akara, he was all over the place calling it a scam (until many NL winners began stepping forward).

Poor thing. embarassed
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:32am On Feb 04, 2012
i am among smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by nasty45(m): 11:35am On Feb 04, 2012
Only 500 applicants?DS THING NA WASH.among 150mil nigerians or 8k members on ds forum,na only 5h apply?*my bad*ABEG MK THEM TELL ME WETIN I NO KNW.F.OOL.ISH GOVT
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Seun(m): 11:40am On Feb 04, 2012
My comment on CP-Africa:

I applaud this initiative because it’s better than almost anything else that could have been done with the “youth development” money. However, let us not forget that, at best, the success of the ventures funded under this program will be abysmal compared to what an experienced venture capitalist or a group of angel investors would achieve with the same amount of capital.

When you put billions of public funds into the hands of academics and bureaucrats and ask them to fund good ideas, it sounds great, but it won’t do anywhere near as much good as you would expect, because the operators have nothing to gain if the ventures succeed and nothing to lose if they fail.

Private investors lose their ability to invest when they invest unwisely. If the money is yours, you lose the money, and if it’s for your clients, they lose it and you are fired. This natural selection process weeds out dreamers and wishful thinkers and rewards rational and realistic investors with more capital. In the absence of such accountability, it’s almost impossible for anyone to make wise investment decisions, no matter how sincere.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2012
You are a poor sod!

[size=28pt]50 billion naira intiatives and only so-called 500 people will access funds Iya mi oooooooo!!! [/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Beaf:

Rhino.5dm is gonna faint o! grin

Instead of at least submitting his ideas about catching squirrels or frying akara, he was all over the place calling it a scam (until many NL winners began stepping forward).

Poor thing. embarassed
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by efisher(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2012
Excellent!
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by nasty45(m): 11:49am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

You are a poor sod!

[size=28pt]50 billion naira intiatives and only so-called 500 people will access funds Iya mi oooooooo!!! [/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Rhino.4dm:

You are a poor sod!

Rhino.4dm:

You are a poor sod!

my point exactly.no mind dm
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by segunjowo(m): 11:50am On Feb 04, 2012
Congrats to the eventual winners. However, it surprises me only 6,000 applicants were selected on merit out of 24, 000 who applied? That's 25% of total applicant. I expected to see 50% taken, not less. This is unfortunate and it goes to show this government can never take GOOD care of the youth in this land. SMH embarassed
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 11:55am On Feb 04, 2012
[size=28pt]50 billion/500 = 100 million!!![/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by sholatech(m): 11:55am On Feb 04, 2012
There is need to fully understand the initiative, its targets, process and expected outcomes.
Not only 600 people will get funds. It is in series, with total of 3600 fund beneficiaries over the bext 3 years. Immediately the first 600 receive their funds end of February 2012, the next selection process commences.

Aside funding, each serie trains 12,000, making total of 60,000 trained youths on mini-mba skills powered by the EDC of the World Bank.
For those that passed through the final stage, the Business Plan Questions template on the website is and international template which I researched to be same as used by Wharton Business School and Stanford for their regular Annual Business Plan Competition that produced several silicon valley companies.
YouWin is a BUSINESS PLAN competition, not a loan giver like NDE or capacity-building agency like SMEDAN.
The target, as a model for Nigeria, is to create jobs and wealth creation multiplier effect, since beneficiaries will start/grow businesses and employ people.

Since its not loans but grants, it is good business the money will circulate fully within the local economy. Even if not utilised effectively by these youths, at least the money will be spent and circulate within the economy.
I also learnt that there will be mentorship for the beneficiaries based on their industry and funds will be disbursed based on agreed performance guidelines.
It was also clear from the trainings that winners will be given free company registration services and expedited by CAC and any applicable Government concession for them.
For me, all these should be applauded if eventually carried out as promised.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by karlmax2: 11:56am On Feb 04, 2012
Goood one GEJ! The likes of obj ibb and buhari neva initiated. Stuff like this haters make una die
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by fasa2020(m): 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
nasty45:

Only 500 applicants?DS THING NA WASH.among 150mil nigerians or 8mil members on ds forum,na only 5h apply?ABEG MK THEM TELL ME WETIN I NO KNW.F.OOL.ISH GOVT

So NAIRALAND don get 8 milla members Read your books wella LMAO Ohh Ohh Ohh AM AMONG smiley smiley smiley
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by fasa2020(m): 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
nasty45:

Only 500 applicants?DS THING NA WASH.among 150mil nigerians or 8mil members on ds forum,na only 5h apply?ABEG MK THEM TELL ME WETIN I NO KNW.F.OOL.ISH GOVT

So NAIRALAND don get 8 milla members    Read your books wella LMAO   Ohh Ohh Ohh AM AMONG  smiley smiley smiley
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 12:02pm On Feb 04, 2012
@Bolded

So, 72 days from today is ending of February 2012 in your calender?? are you using a martian calender

Stop making up things to justify this SCAM!

sholatech:

There is need to fully understand the initiative, its targets, process and expected outcomes.
Not only 600 people will get funds. It is in series, with total of 3600 fund beneficiaries over the bext 3 years. [b]Immediately the first 600 receive their funds end of February 2012, the next selection process commences.[/b]Aside funding, each serie trains 12,000, making total of 60,000 trained youths on mini-mba skills powered by the EDC of the World Bank.
For those that passed through the final stage, the Business Plan Questions template on the website is and international template which I researched to be same as used by Wharton Business School and Stanford for their regular Annual Business Plan Competition that produced several silicon valley companies.
YouWin is a BUSINESS PLAN competition, not a loan giver like NDE or capacity-building agency like SMEDAN.
The target, as a model for Nigeria, is to create jobs and wealth creation multiplier effect, since beneficiaries will start/grow businesses and employ people.

Since its not loans but grants, it is good business the money will circulate fully within the local economy. Even if not utilised effectively by these youths, at least the money will be spent and circulate within the economy.
I also learnt that there will be mentorship for the beneficiaries based on their industry and funds will be disbursed based on agreed performance guidelines.
It was also clear from the trainings that winners will be given free company registration services and expedited by CAC and any applicable Government concession for them.
For me, all these should be applauded if eventually carried out as promised.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2012
I am among in Jesus Name

I dont know where the poster got his facts from

1200 will access the funds

300 best and 150 each from 6 geo political zone.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Beaf: 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2012
Johnpaul2k2:

i am among smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

webdezzi:

I am among in Jesus Name

I dont know where the poster got his facts from

1200 will access the funds

300 best and 150 each from 6 geo political zone.

Congrats guys. I wish you all success with your businesses.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Funkymallam(m): 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

You are a poor sod!

[size=28pt]50 billion naira intiatives and only so-called 500 people will access funds  Iya mi oooooooo!!!  [/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are u always like this? shocked
did u bother to read d article? I doubt cus where u get ur false alarm frm beats me.
When has 500 ppl applying frm d diaspora equl d number of beneficiaries? shocked i knw our education system s bad dats y ppl dnt read instructioms n jump to answer question.
Sanu, i fink u need help no wonder beaf have been calling u n u did not disappoint.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Beaf: 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
[size=33pt]Fresh Air!!![/size] cool
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by chei: 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2012
mukina2:

Over 500 applications were received from Nigerians in the Diaspora among the 24,000 who applied to participate in the Federal Government youth entrepreneurship programme, YOUWIN.

Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala disclosed this at an agreement signing ceremony between the Federal Ministry of Finance, Youth Development and ICT and participating banks, in Abuja, on Wednesday.

The huge interest shown by the applicants at home and abroad, the Minister said, was a vote of confidence on the programme by Nigerian youths.

YOUWIN was launched in October last year by President Goodluck Jonathan to provide jobs for 80,000 and 100,000 unemployed youths.

The jobs will be created through businesses created by the 3,600 youths with brilliant business ideas who will be identified through YOUWIN and directly supported to realize their entrepreneurial ideas over the next three years.

[size=15pt]At the signing ceremony were representatives of the 6,000 applicants selected on merit from the 24,000 applications received.[/size] The eventual winners will receive between one million to ten million naira, training, support for equity in their business, introduction to banks for additional credit and mentoring.

The minister thanked the participating banks, development partners, including the World Bank and DFID as well as SMEDAN, Bank of Industry and some private sector organisations, for their financial and other support for YOUWIN.

When did this happen? I am among the selected 6000 but I have no idea about the bolded line.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2012
Take your braying to the next zoo keeper. fooooool.

Funkymallam:

Are u always like this? shocked
did u bother to read d article? I doubt cus where u get ur false alarm frm beats me.
When has 500 ppl applying frm d diaspora equl d number of beneficiaries? shocked i knw our education system s bad dats y ppl dnt read instructioms n jump to answer question.
Sanu, i fink u need help no wonder beaf have been calling u n u did not disappoint.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by ufumes(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
When will the names of the successful candidates be released?

1 Like

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Funkymallam(m): 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

Take your braying to the next zoo keeper. fooooool.

Grow up man, quit spreading falsehood n name calling and answer my question.
Where did u get those screaming bolded crap u typed up there? shocked
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by psalmizt(m): 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2012
I just wonder how some people think on this forum, I am privy to some information, the shortlisting is not being done by the Federal Govt. Neither are they involved in reveiwing the business plans submitted. Trust me a journey of a 1000 miles starts with a step. Although this govt keeps coming up with one gaffe or the other. Having said that, I believe the beneficiaries of this project will be the ones with the final say.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by psalmizt(m): 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2012
The total number of successful applicants is gonna be around 1500,  and not 500. Currently they are down to 4000 applicants. You 'd be shocked at the quality of submissions by Nigerians, We really do have a future in this country only if the govt sees the citizens as partners in progress
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by ceejayluv(m): 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2012
NOI said "within 72 hours after announcement of winners" , NOT 72 Days oo, Get ur facts right!
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Beaf: 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2012
Funkymallam:

Grow up man, quit spreading falsehood n name calling and answer my question.
Where did u get those screaming bolded crap u typed up there? shocked

Lol! Expecting any coherent replies from that guy is like expecting Satan to heal the sick.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2012
Am privy to thesame information and my source said the figures is "around" 500 shocked shocked shocked. kai! i no fit shout!!!

psalmizt:

The total number of successful applicants is[b] gonna be around 1500[/b],  and not 500. Currently they are down to 4000 applicants. You 'd be shocked at the quality of submissions by Nigerians, We really do have a future in this country only if the govt sees the citizens as partners in progress

How about posting the list or STFU??
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by seal777(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2012
[b]I will not be quick in criticizing the success or failure of the program even though i did not believe in it hence my reason for not applying.

I have critical questions i need to ask:

1. Are the beneficiaries going to invest the money in the same Nigeria where i currently operate as a small scale business  man?    ( Erratic power supply and multiple taxation regime of the state, federal and local government).

What i spend on power yearly is almost the same as the grant they are offering innocent unemployed guys, the government will do well by preventing those waste on individual power generation.

I will stop on those two areas cos those are the areas that are of utmost concern to me.

It also worthy to note that millions of us who have been in private business for over a decade don't need grant or anything from the government other than the enabling environment ( uninterrupted power most importantly)which in any case we are wiling and ready to pay for.

They should do what other sane societies of the world do and stop funding corruption by spreading money around.[/b]
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Beaf: 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

Am privy to thesame information and my source said the figures is "around" 500 shocked shocked shocked. kai! i no fit shout!!!

How about posting the list or STFU??

Anoda "source" again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ol' boy, sofri na! shocked

Rhino.5dm and his lies again! Here's a catalog:

He saved Italy from flooding.
He is a computer graphics guru.
Knows how to drill crude oil.
Is an aged ex-soldier.
Is a young man.
Knows boko haram inside out.

. . .But this takes the cookey!

Rhino.5dm:
. . .and the so much touted road projects in Akwa Ibom is my credit. As i was the one that sold the idea to Akpabio victor to invite Julius Berger, based on what i saw Ma'azu achieved with them in Bauchi.
In 2007 before flagging off his campaign, i advised him. You know what, Ikot Ekpene-Abak road was the first road they built in Akwa Ibom and i was the one that said so, cos that road leads to the governor's house. I told them to dualized it

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-799736.32.html

Okon! shocked shocked

Akpabio come o! Julius Berger! OPC! Agbum! grin grin grin grin grin grin
This early morning, anoda lie again!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Rhino4dm: 12:57pm On Feb 04, 2012
Shattaaaap!!!

I shall keep on exposing your fraud arss. If you like send in your army of chimp monks to attack me.  The truth must be told. Onyeshi!!! angry angry

[size=28pt]YouWin is a SCAM [/size]

Beaf:

Lol! Expecting any coherent replies from that guy is like expecting Satan to heal the sick.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by ak47mann(m): 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
Beaf:

Anoda "source" again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ol' boy, sofri na! shocked

Rhino.5dm and his lies again! Here's a catalog:

He saved Italy from flooding.
He is a computer graphics guru.
Knows how to drill crude oil.
Is an aged ex-soldier.
Is a young man.
Knows boko haram inside out.

. . .But this takes the cookey!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-799736.32.html

Okon! shocked shocked

Akpabio come o! Julius Berger! OPC! Agbum! grin grin grin grin grin grin
This early morning, anoda lie again!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IDPs Protest Over Food In Maiduguri / Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor / Ondo: South West APC Rally Support For Akeredolu’s Second Term Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.