Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. - Culture (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. (70443 Views)

The Edos And The Rains / The Edos / The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2018
lawani:

What do you mean by Borgu Nupe people. Borgu is different from Nupe. Borgu is called Bariba by the Yoruba while Nupe is called Tapa
lawani, I expect you to check who are Borgu ? Bro ,you can do better than this. Go to Northern Nigeria's history and verify properly. The same way Yoruba changed name at different times, is the same way, Borgu broke into pieces and migration took place to some areas. Go visit Niger state and Kwara state respectively. In these two States ,your questions is resolved.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by lawani: 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2018
Olu317:
lawani, I expect you to check who are Borgu ? Bro ,you can do better than this. Go to Northern Nigeria's history and verify properly. The same way Yoruba changed name at different times, is the same way, Borgu broke into pieces and migration took place to some areas. Go visit Niger state and Kwara state respectively. In these two States ,your questions is resolved.

The Nupe King is called Elenpe by the Yoruba. I guess it means Olu Enpe. Eastern Borgu is in Nigeria while western Borgu is Benin republic
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2018
lawani:

The Nupe King is called Elenpe by the Yoruba. I guess it means Olu Enpe. Eastern Borgu is in Nigeria while western Borgu is Benin republic
Yes ,you are correct and I know they are in Bénin.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Obalufon: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2018
Olu317:
I beg you pardon! You are wrong. Did you you care to read the reason I responded to the difference between Onu and Ooni ?
Apart from that, your opinion gotten/got from Samuel Ajayi's Crowther book is a bloody lie. Ooni means ‘owner'. I cant imagine you too can fall for such nonexisting theory created by Samuel Ajayi crowther as a contraction for Ooni? What's Omo Oluwo ni? Kì O nì ? Tà nì Olùwo nà?
Oni =Onu...house Ile=Ule.. U-I difference
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 3:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
Obalufon:
Ooni =Onu...house Ile=Ule.. U-I difference
I guess I need explain better. I did not say Onu = Ooni but showed the difference. May be, I don't understand you
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Obalufon: 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Olu317:
who are the Efa?
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Obalufon: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
Olu317:
I guess I need explain better. I did not say Onu = Ooni but showed the difference. May be, I don't understand you
Ooni is out of it.. Onu igala means Oni igala.. Oni ikoyi pot. Yoruba Ikoko igala Ukoko Idi =Udi.. Fire ina =una
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
x
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2018
Olu317:
some of the people you mentioned were descendants of famliy that their ancestor were conscripted servants-messenger of Óoní.

N.B:
Yoruba don't disrespect people even if they are low in real status because slave can be become a ‘son' via intermarriage and great exploit.

Not everyone was a servant-messenger. Some were colleagues of the Ooni, traders, explorers & warriors, baba.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2018
x
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
0balufonlll:

Not everyone was a servant-messenger. Some were colleagues of the Ooni, traders, explorers & warriors, baba.
Of course yes, you are right
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2018
0balufonlll:

Loool why waste your time arguing that nonsensical conjecture bro?

I am guessing O ONi is an abbreviation of Omo Olowo Ni. Abi wetin you think? grin
Yes ooo, the O-O-N is their abbreviation ooo . I wanted to ask him when did Yoruba begun abbreviation for title . Samuel Ajayi did some harm on Yoruba history because his storyline glorified Oyo beyond historical fact. I just wonder what sort of information that will made him refer to Ooni as one ‘Omo oluwo ni' in the same way some people agree to such today.
Anyway, it is worth laughing at.

Cheers.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
Obalufon:
who are the Efa?
Efa history is shrewd with mystery because they existed over a thousand year ago from calculation. But only remembered by Yoruba proverb,which pointed to their existence in Offa axis and their migration to forming aboriginal Edoland.These people seem to be the people Yoruba. ancestors met and pushed out and their history erased from Yoruba land.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
x
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
x
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Obalufon: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
0balufonlll:

What? shocked

If it is the ‘Efa’ in the Efa & Oje proverb then this your post is wrong o.

Efa & Oje were part of Egba Agura in the present day Ibadan. They were razed by the combined forces of Ife, Ijebu & Oyo. See IB Akinyele’s ‘Iwe Itan Ibadan’ book.

Efa had nothing to do with Offa & neither Efa nor Offa had anything to do with Edo.

Good offa and oje .. Offa is far ooo..OJe is farther
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Obalufon: 10:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
Obalufon:

Good offa and oje .. Offa is far ooo..OJe is farther
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
0balufonlll:

What? shocked

If it is the ‘Efa’ in the Efa & Oje proverb then this your post is wrong o.

Efa & Oje were part of Egba Agura in the present day Ibadan. They were razed by the combined forces of Ife, Ijebu & Oyo. See IB Akinyele’s ‘Iwe Itan Ibadan’ book.

Efa had nothing to do with Offa & neither Efa nor Offa had anything to do with Edo.
Of course yes,I may be wrong . But looking at the historical account, the Efa and Oje that was written about was less than two centuries ago,if you considered the foundation of Ibadan herself, which was populated due destruction of Oyo Ilè. Ila orangun from Ife to his present abode and his descendants migrated to Offa axis etc. And from offa people ,the story of Efa emanated. And the proverb that referred to Efa became popular . Again, the same Efa existed in Edo history and Efa descendants were pioneer founder of Edoland. As soon as I get hold of the European author who did this research ,I will post it. Lastly, modern day technological know how is readily available, so, many written historical accounts need being reviewed because not all past information on Yoruba were correct.

1 Like

Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 7:29am On Aug 08, 2018
x
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by oyatz(m): 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
Sir, without sounding inmodest, I am a product of Yoruba aristocracy with a deep understanding of Yoruba culture,yore and history.

The agboles (there is no exact word for it in English language) are systems of arrangements/planing in a typical Yoruba town, often made up of clusters of buildings, inhabited by peoples of common ancestry ( and sometimes also with common family trades/occupation), departed members of the families ,the family shrines and common heritages like certain lands, regalia, drums or products from antiquities. However, peoples who weren't born in the agboles like slaves or sojourners who have lived long enough may become members of the agboles or their descendants may be.
Also, there are some agboles that were started by 'non-indigenes' that excelled in the kingdom...

# The Oshodi family and their agboles in Lagos island/Epetedo were started by a Tapa (Nupe) man, hence the name, Oshodi Tapa

#The LORO chieftaincy family in Ilesha was started by a Bini ex-slave of the Owa Obokun adumula of Ijeshaland.

#King Jaja of Opobo (real name was Jumo Jumofe )was an Igbo ex slave in the house of the Ama-pepples who became enculturated according to the Ijaw rituals to become an Ijaw man and eventually a king in Ijawland.

In contemporary times, examples abound.

1) Sen Fatai Buhari (APC, Oyo North) is a great grandson of a Fulani settler in Ogbomosho
2) Mallam Ibrahim Shekarawu , is the son of a Barburi (a tribe in Borno State) parents who 'became' and rose to become the Governor of Kano State.
3) Olusegun Aganga from Sabongida-Ora in Edo State 'became' Yoruba and represented Lagos in Federal executive councils of Yar'Adua and Jonathan administrations
4) Gen Sani Abacha was the son of a Kanuri( originally from Niger Republic) cigarette seller in Fagge area of Kano who adopted Kano as his home state and he died as a 'Kano man'
5) High chief Okotie Eboh was born as Itskerir (real name ; Festus Edah) but died as an Urhobo
6) Dele Wiwa ,Ade Bendel and so many you assume are Yorubas are from Edo State.

7) If you go to Kano now, you will see many people who have Hausa, Fulani ,Igbo or Yoruba grandparents who have just adopted Kano as home State.
cool In 25-30 years time, watch out for an Uche Adetunji, Tola Okon, Temitope Nzeribe or Segun Uzochukwu that may be or likely to be the Governor, senator or a high chief in Lagos.

0balufonlll:

1. Not true. Yoruba used & still use agbo ile to separate citizens from migrants. You could not just move into a community, occupy a land & build. The owner of that land or the king has to sanction the record of that settlement history is ‘filed’ in oriki or song or event narrative which are employed till today when people get out of hands with demands or relations generally.

2. Not true. Afonja’s army were mostly Yoruba, greedy ones & those who had scores to settle with other people in Oyo especially. The Hausa & Fulani mercenaries mostly ran to Alimi. After Oyo’s collapse they parted ways with Afonja & stuck with Alimi/Abdusalam.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
x
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
0balufonlll:

You seem to have a proclivity for bothering yourself with drawing up connections especially where there is none. No offense intended, just stating an observation.

Now, while the post above is your opinion, you will permit me to disagree & also say that it is wrong in all corners.

Ibadan is an usurped city. All Egba towns that traversed present day Ibadan/Ijaye were as old as Oyo, Ketu & the formative period of early Yoruba states. Efa & Oje fall within this category & this makes them tens of centuries old. You must not know Egba owned all of the present day Ibadan & old Ijaiye.

At the time of Orangun’s wanderings, Offa had not be founded. Orangun was Olofin’s first son. While Orangun’s wanderings were on, Oranmiyan was still caught up with Oko & Bini. Offa was founded by an Oyo prince in the 14th/15th century long after Ila had been founded & well established.

Efa predates Offa & Efa in Bini. Why the need to connect dots, brother? There’s Efa in Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Ile-Ife & several other places across Naija. Do they all connect Efa & Oje as well? Fam, go read IB Akinyele’s book for Efa & Oje history, please.
Bro,I am not one of those that limit his knowledge on account that is shrewd. Beside, go get yourself,The Efa: Mysterious Aborigines of Edoland by Dmitri Bondarenko . There are connection among people of southern Nigeria etc ,even if I strongly believed from accounts that we were different stocks and migrated to this part at different times in human history and some fused while some refused to dislodge their ancestral history. Honestly I did read the book many years ago. But not as thoroughly as I have been seeing different researches done by others on history of different groups in Nigeria. And I will pick it up and do such again. Funny enough the years you pegged for Oyo,Ibadan etc aren't correct. Oyo was already established by people before Oranmiyan sojourn and established it properly. The date was around 11th century and not 15th century. My own ancestors left IFE back and forth around 13th century,so I am well knowledgeable about this . Secondly, Orangun ila was never Oranmiyan's contemporary at all because decades if not century(ies) between them. And Efa and Oje was beyond Akinyele's book because you seem to accept all things written by authors in the past when these people hardly traveled wide to verify people's historical accounts from the indigenous people of these locations . Facts are emerging due to research and people's voices are heard. Do you even know Ògbòn predated Oyo in some account? Ibadan is a ‘baby land' when it comes to foundation. There are Idoko in Yoruba land but not Yoruba from beginning but of Nupe ancestry from the deeper account. Efa could be connected to anywhere. After all, people migrate out of their abode for so many reasons that include war, greener pasture etc.

I intend not to over drag it out of context . So, I rest my case.

cheers
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by oyatz(m): 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
Sir, I think you gradually getting the picture I am trying to paint.
1) Tribalism and indigenes Vs non-indigene construct is a very recent phenomenon that started in the 1940s and became widespread in the 1950s when our politicians started preparing to succeed the colonial masters.

2) Nigerian political economy is largely based on wealth sharing, a very divisive process even among siblings of the same parents.
3) The need to create a distinct identity as a condition to facilitate a better access to this wealth sharing is the main basis for tribalism in this country.

4) In truth, Nigeria don't have more than 100 different ethnic groups. Most of the so-called 'ethnic groups' are actually different subsets of the same groups.

5) The present ethic divisions are not water tight.
There are many we now call Hausas but their grand or great-grand parents were from several minority tribes,same for Yoruba, Edo or Igbo ethnic groups.

6) The Oyo Empire was a very big Empire which included non-Yorubas tribes,some of the descendants of these peoples have been assimilated into the Yoruba Nation.
7) I repeat some Yoruba people are of Bini origin and some Edo people are of Yoruba origin.This why a Taiwo Akerele from Edo North is now the chief of staff to the Governor of Edo state and Ambrose Folorunsho Ali was the first executive Governor of the old Bendel State.

0balufonlll:

Quite a number of people on this forum can say the same about their backgrounds.

At least we have both said the same things except that you broadened it.

The emboldened is Lagos, a center where intergroup mixture is high, a testing ground for the one Nigeria project. The hybrid 'indigenes' are expected to crop up into the political space but then that 'space' is limited, there are areas within the same Lagos their ambition won't fly.

Anywho, like I previously stated, the history and indigene-ship status of these people in the core Yoruba towns will and can be revisited any day they stretch their hands towards what isn't within their purview. This is my argument.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
x
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
x
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 4:48am On Aug 09, 2018
0balufonlll:

Baba, I respect your opinion but mineis that having the same names (in spelling but with likely different pronounciations/meanings) does not mean a connection between Efa of Edo & Efa in Ibadan. The connection between cultures in all of Nigeria is not my field, I have no authority to speak on it.

I pegged 14/15th century to Offa’s foundation. I said Oyo was much earlier than Offa. I never stated a period for Oyo. How you have picked a date I pegged & how it is wrong confuses me. . I don’t know if Oranmiyan firmed up a pre-existing Oyo but my people back home would say Oloyo, Oranmiyan & Owa Ilesa were siblings of the same mother. I haven’t investigated that perspective od Oyo early history, so I have no pedigree to speak on it.

If you have read Akinyele’s work you’d know Efa/Oje were within the purview of his work. I seem to accept what authors write? There’s a thing called ‘Historiography’. And Akinyele, from colonial reports & even Morgan’s revisions, was said to be deeply rooted in Ibadan history - the man’s work is an authority in Ibadan history. Professors of Yoruba history agree on that fact & that is that. Also, facts are not emerging in cultural history & that is why it is a dead aspect of history. The sub-field relies heavily on archeology for its ‘facts’. If you were a trained historian you would know this & not say ‘facts are emerging’. Brother, no fact is emerging. That is that. Ibadan a baby land? You do not seem to be aware of the Lagelu/Sango period of Ibadan history. Idoko & other migrant based communities are exceptions not the rule. You are oblivious to Egba history such that you do not know Efa & Oje were Egba towns. Egba Ake, Egba Agura etc were/are conglomerates of several independent towns. It is like the Awori, a single body but with numerous units under one large umbrella.
Oh pardon my usage of such coined word when I said ‘pegged',by you, because I thought you grouped Oyo,Offa along the Ibadan which was 16th century. Ibadan can be calles babyland although I used this word based on year's of people's settlement on this land and not prowess. Since you and I know many towns predated Ibadan's . Settlement such as Idanre,Owo, Igboho,Ado Ekiti, Otun, Ilesha-Ijesah, shaki, Owu that became refugees, in many towns today, Iwaro- a destroyed town during the war between,O go-ri-ele-me-sho(Ogbomosho) etc . Of course yes, I know the role of Lagelu in Ibadan's history. Furthermore, Oyo and Ibadan were powerful at different times and I didnt take away this fact. Do you know Egba is an offshoot of Owu? But today, Owu isn't as recognised among ancient power of Yoruba land because she waned authoritatively. And all thanks to Oyo writers of our history. And Indeed fact are emerging, in human history thoroughly via ethnography, philology,etymology ,hieroglyphs etc . Do you know Ga-Ewe people were groups of different cultures that merged together. Some claimed to had migrated from Congo - Bantu while some said they migrated through Edoland , to ILEIFE to Ouidah-Abomey Kingdom,to Ghana,and places they occupied presently in these different countries today. Infact, researchers in Bénn Republique and western world have done the grouping of the ethnicities and the dialects that belonged to the same language families via ethnography and philology tool. Funny enough, there authors that claimed Ga-Ewe were Yoruba offshoot outrigthly. Yet some of these people cannot point to their linkage to any family houses at ILEIFE. The point here is that Akinyele, yes, rooted in Ibadan history, got information from researches conducted by him,the same way Samuel Johnson got information from his as well etc but all these doesnt mean his total information is 100% accurate . Do you even know that king Gheezo of Abomey once sojourn to Yoruba land? Are you sure all the Yoruba historical accounts are properly documented by Yoruba men in Yoruba enclaves? No! because, some accounts are inconsistent with the evidence. Adding value and modification is what some of us will always campaign. Take for instance, IWARO, a destroyed town, emerged in the present day, deep heart of Oka Akoko, a Yoruba enclave. Can you imagine the distance? The point here is that there are connection, especially through Yoruba proverbs and renaming of settlement through migration. Agbo-Ilè - Ebi setting ,Oriki separate link Yoruba to their ancestral home. I met a guy who told me, he his from Ikare , Ondo state but originally from Ila Orangun.The man simply told me his father told him because according to him, their ancestors migrated because of war but their Agbo Ilè- Ebi setting,
that is held high made them had knowledge of who they are. Unfortunately, i met another man, a bilingual teacher, in his late thirty's (36-39) from Ouidah, Bénin Republique whose father was a third generation Yoruba man from Ibadan but the man only knew he is from Ibadan but doesn't know where it is and his Agbo Ilè. Depsite this, when he get to the Aafin Olubadan, his paternal home will be revealed, but imagine, how Yoruba keeps record of their identity? It is strictly amazing.
Lastly,when the book on The world human history was written , do you know how many Nigeria's Professor(s)was/,were among? A country known to be the most populous in Africa continent. Well,it only showed that some colour African Professors have done more researches than Nigeria's.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2018
x
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by googi: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
This idea of Oduduwa's children going back to areas they were familiar with only brings into focus the different locations of Ife from the Northern area where they met, inter-married before moving further South for safety.

Hausa history claimed Yoruba was one of the children of their historical father. Even if that is false, it showed some familiarity or awareness of one another. Not to mention Tapa, Borgu and others.

Another point that must be taken into consideration is the role of River Niger and Benue that linked to the sea in Lagos. I remember reading about Aromire and Oloko families as great sailors that fared beyond Nigeria and Africa on the sea.

If you guys take the waterway into consideration instead of the land alone, it may shed light about Oduduwa knowledge of the sea, river and Olokun.
Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2018
0balufonlll:

Bro, you killed me with the emboldened. Akinyele’s data was collectted for him? You certainly do not know the man or about his work.

Like I said in another post, these Yoruba methods of preserving history help Yoruba know who is a citizen & who migrated from somewhere. See Prof Olukoya Ogen’s paper on the connection Usen & Idepe (Okitipupa) for instance. Everybody knows who is autochthonous & who came from somewhere; everybody knows whose fathers did exploits and who he did it with. And so on & so forth.

Egba was not an offshoot of Owu & neither was it vice versa. Wan da duro gbedegbe ni. While Egba was in central Yorubaland, Owu was a powerful state up north with Oyo as its tributary state for a while. Owu had internal problems that led to an implosion and they migrated to central Yorubaland. Prior to this period, after Owu had tucked Oyo under it and a good number of other towns, it conquered Iraye and this led to the dispersal of Iraye citizens back to Ile-Ife then some went to Aye town in Eiigbo LG, Osun; Efon Alaaye in Ekiti, Ife Ijunmu, Igbede & Ipoti Ekiti to mention a few. This dispersal of Iraye was right before Owu-Ife/Ijebu war. Egba exisyed on its own without connections with Owu. Rather, Egba& Ketu are related, they are offshoots of each other & had traditional relations they play in each other’s cultural activities such as coronation.

Finally sir, a good number of towns were already towns before princes settled. And also, not all who supposedly left ‘Ife’ or usurped occupied spaced were princes.

Let me share my thought I have always had about this ‘Obokun’ etymology/story. The period of Oduduwa’s purported blindness & Owa’s brine fetch were old times. Did Ife have a prior knowledge of the existence of the Atlantic at that time? I would like to think yes, going by Horton’s work where he employed several evidences to showcase Ife was at the center of trade where items from the Sahara/North Africa through Hausalands/Bariba were exchanged with items from Ijebu/Bini area. So I’d like to think, through southern Yoruba folks like Ijebu, Ife had a knowledge of the sea at this point. My confusion however is that, we have an Olokun grove and Olokun sacred well in Ife. The letter is purported to have been the spot from where the seas first cropped up. Now, if we have always had Okun (sea) pool from where Atlantic sprang from, couldn’t Owa Ijesa have gone to this spot to fetch water as opposed to going all the way to Lagos/Ijebu? I mean Ilesa is directly on the route where this Olokun pool lies. Couldn’t his journey to the local sea grove in Ife have informed the direction of his journey and eventual settlement not that has the Olokun laying right inbetween Ilesa & Ife? There is a trend in the migration pattern of Oduduwa’s sons. They settled or founded towns along the line of where they’ve explored not head to a strange land. E.g Oranmiyan already explored & founded Oko before Bini & Oyo giving him an idea towards Northern Yorubaland. After his time in Bini, he headed the same direction he had been before to found or settle in Oyo. Look at Obaloran, Oduduwa’s son, he had been at Iloran and chose to settle right there next to his mother. I do not know if you get my point sir? Why & how possible is it to go to Lagos to fetch sea water when sea water was right in a spot in Ife?

Good morning.
Oh no! You didn't read the post very well. I said,‘The point here is that Akinyele, yes rooted in Ibadan history, got information from researches conducted by him'. Oh yes, Ketu and not Owu,it was typo error.
The Yoruba as having knowledge as it regard Okun (Olokun) Ocean predated Nigeria.

Awesome piece

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by 0balufonlll: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2018
Olu317:
Oh no! You didn't read the post very well. I said,‘The point here is that Akinyele, yes rooted in Ibadan history, got information from researches conducted by him'. Oh yes, Ketu and not Owu,it was typo error.
The Yoruba as having knowledge as it regard (Olokun) Atlantic predated Nigeria.

Awesome piece

Cheers.

e ma binu, brother mi. I replied when I got to the office at the time. I guess my brain was muddled up while reading through your post.

1 Like

Re: Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. by Olu317(m): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
0balufonlll:

e ma binu, brother mi. I replied when I got to the office at the time. I guess my brain was muddled up while reading through your post.
mo bì'nu ooo.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

Meet Pastor Ivie Emiko - The Wife Of New Olu Of Warri - Pictures / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Coronavirus: Umar Farouk, Emir Of Daura Rushed To Intensive Care Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.