Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,815 members, 7,956,081 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Life In The Usa As A Student. - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In The Usa As A Student. (141860 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Like Ame said, use the craigslist or simply search for anyone that needs a roommate when you get on campus.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
grin
Amefrica:

Hmmmm good one. But I ain't to comfortable with that tho' how do you see "Amefrica, my love oops!"?. grin

Well, it's OK.

gringrincheesy lol
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
seun.matt:
grin

gringrincheesy lol

You know what it is wink sort ur accommodation stuff out first. Then I can talk my mind cheesy
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
Craiglist is kinda risky... Too many of d offers re scam... How do I knw which is real? They want money now. Hehehehehehe
Help smbody!
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
seun.matt:
Craiglist is kinda risky... Too many of d offers re scam... How do I knw which is real? They want money now. Hehehehehehe
Help smbody!

Hi boo! I told you already. Most of dem are scammers. Seal the deal, you only get to pay when you to get to US. But if they insist, scratch it and keep searching..

Goodluck honey! kiss
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 3:27am On Nov 22, 2013
Amefrica:

Hi boo! I told you already. Most of dem are scammers. Seal the deal, you only get to pay when you to get to US. But if they insist, scratch it and keep searching..

Goodluck honey! kiss

Ok...kip searchn
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 22, 2013
seun.matt:

Ok...kip searchn

Why dontchu wait till you get to US. You'll see a lot of students that want roomies. Just lodge in a hotel for 2-3 days. I promise you r gonna see on the orientation day.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 3:36am On Nov 23, 2013
Amefrica:

Why dontchu wait till you get to US. You'll see a lot of students that want roomies. Just lodge in a hotel for 2-3 days. I promise you r gonna see on the orientation day.

Ok... Dts sound. Was just tinkin of gettn a place b4 gettin there so I dnt waste moni on hotels and their wahalas.
Alryt, since there's no other optn, I'l just chill on dt for now.
So ma luv, wasagwana?cheesy
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 5:02am On Nov 23, 2013
seun.matt:

Ok... Dts sound. Was just tinkin of gettn a place b4 gettin there so I dnt waste moni on hotels and their wahalas.
Alryt, since there's no other optn, I'l just chill on dt for now.
So ma luv, wasagwana?cheesy

*Rinses face with water* Yipee! grin

Yea, chill. Don't fall to the wrong hands on craiglist. Just be optimistic, you might even get to meet a female (naija) friend at the reception or the hall, on the day you get there but if otherwise, lodge for a day to 3 days and voice urself on the orientation day.

NB: Do not look anoda guy's eyes oo, you are always free to come to Minnesota to visit me, I might be visiting you too. I love you scatter kiss
grin grin grin

Goodluck honey!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
Amefrica:

*Rinses face with water* Yipee! grin

Yea, chill. Don't fall to the wrong hands on craiglist. Just be optimistic, you might even get to meet a female (naija) friend at the reception or the hall, on the day you get there but if otherwise, lodge for a day to 3 days and voice urself on the orientation day.

NB: Do not look anoda guy's eyes oo, you are always free to come to Minnesota to visit me, I might be visiting you too. I love you scatter kiss
grin grin grin

Goodluck honey!
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
^^^ You wrote nothing. Oya re-quote me, I don't wanna miss what you've got to say on that. kiss
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
Amefrica: ^^^ You wrote nothing. Oya re-quote me, I don't wanna miss what you've got to say on that. kiss

U'r so funny I'm tickled... Dnt knw wen to leave naija cos it'l b nice to spend xmas wit family. Also, it'l b nice to experience a yte xmas- tho lonely as I'l b on ma own.
Stil tryn to make up ma mind.

Amefrica, do u honestly like it there? Is it all u ever thot it'l b? Any surprises?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
grin sori, I forgt to use d love handlegringringrin
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
seun.matt:

U'r so funny I'm tickled... Dnt knw wen to leave naija cos it'l b nice to spend xmas wit family. Also, it'l b nice to experience a yte xmas- tho lonely as I'l b on ma own.

Amefrica, do u honestly like it there? Is it all u ever thot it'l b? Any surprises?

grin AMEN! My body is still in 9ja but my soul is in US. You'll answer those questions urself wen get to Boston..

Try to spend dis xmas in 9ja cuz no one knows when next you'll. Do a get-together with ur fam. Gist, dine and wine with then.. smiley

Let ur family knows u love them and let 'em know you won't forget home.

I love... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by imperiouxx(m): 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
seun.matt:

As a newcomer, you like to enter during winter......loooools..... your ear pinnas go freeze die.... You want to suffer yourself and eventually hate your first xmas.

Xmas is not special here. In fact, winter snows during xmas spoil xmas outing here. Snows usually block ways and it stinks and slippery walking on that thing. How about the crazy chilling cold in it? All these make people stay warm indoors during snowing/winter. Sebi in Nigeria, you can still move about eating from house to house..... Nothing like that here because of that crazy cold and slippery roads.

Roads can't be plied, so classes get cancelled during heavy snowing. It's just like whenever it rains in flooded streets in Lagos and people going to work have to enter bathroom tub used as canoe to cross the large street ocean.

Come whenever you're set, you will witness many xmas and snows later. You will soon start getting really bored about lock up warm that comes with winter.

Therefore, nothing special to cause you hesitating your trip. No come suffer baby!
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 3:58am On Nov 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

As a newcomer, you like to enter during winter......loooools..... your ear pinnas go freeze die.... You want to suffer yourself and eventually hate your first xmas.

Xmas is not special here. In fact, winter snows during xmas spoil xmas outing here. Snows usually block ways and it stinks and slippery walking on that thing. How about the crazy chilling cold in it? All these make people stay warm indoors during snowing/winter. Sebi in Nigeria, you can still move about eating from house to house..... Nothing like that here because of that crazy cold and slippery roads.

Roads can't be plied, so classes get cancelled during heavy snowing. It's just like whenever it rains in flooded streets in Lagos and people going to work have to enter bathroom tub used as canoe to cross the large street ocean.

Come whenever you're set, you will witness many xmas and snows later. You will soon start getting really bored about lock up warm that comes with winter.

Therefore, nothing special to cause you hesitating your trip. No come suffer baby!

Thank u so much sir, u put dis issue in great clear perspective. Thanks
Didn't knw snow stinks...

Han han, I knw just wat to do now, when to do it and how to. Imperiouxx, thank u so much. God disgrace u with blessing, favor and every good thing ur heart desires.grin

Amefrica, God scatter u with blessinggrin
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 27, 2013
seun.matt:

Amefrica, God scatter u with blessinggrin

I don't know if to say AMIN! This looks like a cuss shaa. wink Amen, if na prayer oo. Get ur things right b4 jetting out. See ya in US! kiss
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by omonla10(m): 8:29am On Nov 27, 2013
I can see you're doing a good job
here. I have a religious conference in the US on 21st
January. And I have 4 questions.
1 do I need a sponsor in the USA. Since I am being paid
by the church and as a manager of a company.
2. Is 10th January not too late as an interview date at the
embassy.
3. Do I need to bring along my original academic
qualifications to the right embassy.
4. How many days does it take to get a visa since I'll be
interviewed 10 days to the conference.
3. The nature of my work means I receive like 200 to 300k naira every 2- 3 weeks. Is this enough since the church will be sponsoring me.

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 27, 2013
omonla10: I can see you're doing a good job
here. I have a religious conference in the US on 21st
January. And I have 4 questions.
1 do I need a sponsor in the USA. Since I am being paid
by the church and as a manager of a company.
2. Is 10th January not too late as an interview date at the
embassy.
3. Do I need to bring along my original academic
qualifications to the right embassy.
4. How many days does it take to get a visa since I'll be
interviewed 10 days to the conference.
3. The nature of my work means I receive like 200 to 300k naira every 2- 3 weeks. Is this enough since the church will be sponsoring me.

Visit this link sir! www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/94

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2013
Amefrica:

I don't know if to say AMIN! This looks like a cuss shaa. wink Amen, if na prayer oo. Get ur things right b4 jetting out. See ya in US! kiss

No, its not a cuss. Its a benin prayer. I'l rephrase it- God bless and enlarge ur coast, op u prefer dt?
Will start packn soon, still try to sort out moni jare. Will do lots of ogbono, crayfish, dry fish, garri, poundo yam... I knw, I like solid food.grin

No issues sha, we sha c for d US!

Imperiouxx, are u in d states already? Where? For how long? Hws it like? Am so curious its sillygrin
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2013
seun.matt:

No, its not a cuss. Its a benin prayer. I'l rephrase it- God bless and enlarge ur coast, op u prefer dt?
Will start packn soon, still try to sort out moni jare. Will do lots of ogbono, crayfish, dry fish, garri, poundo yam... I knw, I like solid food.grin

Imperiouxx, are u in d states already? Where? For how long? Hws it like? Am so curious its sillygrin

grin That prayer tho' Amen oo! Yea, we sure gon' see. Don't be anxious, take your time. Don't rush in to avoid rush out.

Imperiouxx, i think this is his 3rd year. I'm not sure tho.

Boston is a good place. My ex lives there with her family they won the lottery 4-5years ago. We had to call it quit because of the distance cry

All is well, you shall excel, be focused and determined. Read, read, read and read. Make a good rapport with your professors..

We're gonna spend the New Year's together in Minnesota. smiley I care!
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
grin thanks loads
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
seun.matt:
grin thanks loads

(((hugs))) My pleasure! Are you for Under G. Studies?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 12:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Masters, phd, and any other I will come up with.
U?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
seun.matt:
Masters, phd, and any other I will come up with.
U?

embarassed lipsrsealed I'm for UG. I'm a small boy i just get mouth nii. You go old pass my older sister sef.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kunlebal(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
seun.matt:

Omo this your food parking make we dey laugh in spanish, am also thinking what to take along self as in in term of foods stuff
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
kunlebal:
Omo this your food parking make we dey laugh in spanish, am also thinking what to take along self as in in term of foods stuff

Lolgrin I happen to enjoy solids. And I knw I'l miss it while am there. So, I'l just try to help maself noni.
I'l advice u take dry stuffs so ur luggage won't get muddled and it'l keep for longer.
Where'r u going in d US?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
Amefrica:

embarassed lipsrsealed I'm for UG. I'm a small boy i just get mouth nii. You go old pass my older sister sef.

Awwww. Y d yabbn nah?
I'm not old! In ma early to mid 20s. Besides, ladies ve faster educatn compared to u school refusing guyz.
Flick back brazilian hair, blow a gum bubble and strut away
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
seun.matt:

Awwww. Y d yabbn nah?
I'm not old! In ma early to mid 20s. Besides, ladies ve faster educatn compared to u school refusing guyz.

grin grin You so funny.. Anyway I'm in my late teens.. Reaching the maturity age next march embarassed You see?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kunlebal(m): 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
seun.matt:

Lolgrin I happen to enjoy solids. And I knw I'l miss it while am there. So, I'l just try to help maself noni.
I'l advice u take dry stuffs so ur luggage won't get muddled and it'l keep for longer.
Where'r u going in d US?
Am heading to Dallas first before going to California, leaving naija immediately after xmas in lagos with my family. Which part of nigeria do you reside
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kunlebal(m): 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
seun.matt:

Awwww. Y d yabbn nah?
I love this grin mid 20s very interesting. Hope you r single sha cos me dey ready to mingle Oº°˚˚°ºo
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
kunlebal:
I love this grin mid 20s very interesting. Hope you r single sha cos me dey ready to mingle Oº°˚˚°ºo

Oga! Wetin be all ds one nah? Nor come spoil market for me oo. Sheybi you get a fiancee already? Hian...

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply)

My France Picture Gallery / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.