Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper (7069 Views)

Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself / A Nairalander Bathing A Baby And Changing Diaper(photo) / Best Diaper For Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Fhemmmy: 11:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
Osama10:

That's nothing, the only thing I can't do is to bosom feed & we all know the reason. cool

Chief, gone are those days that you could not bossom feed cos you have bo boobs with milk, Now the woman could draw the milk from her bossom, and store it for you and there is a toy that you could wear like a bra that comes with a Nipple and you feed the baby.

Lol , , , , , cool
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by tigerleggs(m): 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2012
prince_onx:

@poster: lol! see how 5months old child dey terrorize you lol! I feel you my bro but its not a big deal at all. I started doing all that from when my son was 2 DAYS OLD including giving him a bath. Now he's 16months old and once you see him trying to pull the diaper off his waste or bring you a new diaper then you know that yawa don gazz lol.
I think you sound too confident. 2 DAYS OLD will be too fragile to handle, even to most mothers. At 2 days, my son would spring up on pressing his feet on any hard thing. Never rest, saves while sleeping.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Felzzz: 11:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
changed dat of my brother tyms wtout number!
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Akiika: 11:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
I gladly do it everyday! when the Mom is busy or deserves some rest.
Good to know that Nigerian men are changing for the better!
In the past if you do that and your family or friends witnesses it, then it is assumed that your wife has "jazzed" you.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by aieromon(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2012
No biggie.My dad did mine and I can't wait to be a Super Diaper Change dad.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by tigerleggs(m): 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2012
Sprumbaba:

I did mine the other way round. It was discovered at the Day care.
Kudos! Welcome to fathers club.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Konnektions146(m): 12:04am On Feb 07, 2012
@op,
yu just got me laughin so loud, am quite impressed at how homely our men has become,

i baby-nursed my younger ones and knows all de trickks in growing kids. its kinda fun , kids dey worry but a bundle of joy, yu cant help but appreciate dem each passing day.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Sagamite(m): 12:22am On Feb 07, 2012
Im mama go come meet am when she come back home. cool
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by princeonx: 12:44am On Feb 07, 2012
tigerleggs:

I think you sound too confident. 2 DAYS OLD will be too fragile to handle, even to most mothers. At 2 days, my son would spring up on pressing his feet on any hard thing. Never rest, saves while sleeping.

Trust me bros there's nothing in it! I actually enjoyed and still enjoy both giving him bath and changing him. My wife was the one that was scared doing it thinking the child might break in half lol! She would rather wipe his body.
My only mistake so far was trying to microwave breast milk lol! Instead of just dropping it in a cup of warm water but that was over a year ago!
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by abiolag(m): 1:01am On Feb 07, 2012
its now tym for me to start doing it for my 5weeks Angel. i was thinking she is too fragile for me to handle now (just taking precaution not to injure her) but from all these i'v read, am starting dis week.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by tigerleggs(m): 1:09am On Feb 07, 2012
Rastamann:

Its no big deal at all. @poster you have to learn to do it, no dey leave everything for ya wife o!
I quite agree with you but it's a big deal to 90% of newbies and to about 50 million resident Naija men.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by princeonx: 1:10am On Feb 07, 2012
@abiolag
congrat bro! It feels that way at first but once u start you'll realize it's easy! Just have to be very carefull that's all!
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Ranoscky(m): 1:20am On Feb 07, 2012
Stil single for now. Until then!
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by princeonx: 1:20am On Feb 07, 2012
tigerleggs:

I quite agree with you but it's a big deal to 90% of newbies and to about 50 million resident Naija men.
I second that oh! My mom thought I was done, Americanized, and lost when she came over here! She was looking at everything with an average naija mindset! Dishes oh, waking up first like on Sunday to get my son ready for church, boiling simply white rice, laundry! Eventhough it's the machine that does it! Just name it! But after some months she found out that it's no big deal and that's just how it is here and most of all you're doing it for your own self and family not strangers.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by eghost247(m): 1:39am On Feb 07, 2012
hahahahahaha
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 07, 2012
Yeap and my nephews lol. Was awkward the first time I tried.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by dee007(m): 6:56am On Feb 07, 2012
I've not tried it b4 but I guess I gotta start now with the kind of replies from fellow young daddies. The only thing i do 4 the chap is to machine wash and press his clothes. My son is just 5 months old
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by chelseabmw(m): 7:14am On Feb 07, 2012
Omo see married men for nairaland shocked shocked
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by queensmith: 8:04am On Feb 07, 2012
this can actually never happen to me, the fact that I birthed the child will relieve me of all tasks grin grin

but you men should make a habit of doing things like this

its actually good for bonding, I make sure I change and feed all the babies in the family, esp those i dont get to see often.

The child gets to know you as a carer.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by bissalla: 8:07am On Feb 07, 2012
I have been doing that since he was six months old or so. Now he is almost two years old, I bathe him and also prepare his meals and feed him.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 07, 2012
I enjoy changing my kids diapers. It's fascinating for me. I had even had one of my kids urinated to my face while trying to change her diapers.
What can i say. Afterall they are my kids and i love them
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by FBS: 8:28am On Feb 07, 2012
@Topic. Yes and not a big deal. smiley
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by sammyke(m): 8:38am On Feb 07, 2012
haha. Lwkmd
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by texazzpete(m): 8:42am On Feb 07, 2012
Yes, I have. And it's not as easy as the women make it look grin

Now I can change diapers pretty good, but bathing my daughter isn't the easiest thing in the world for me. I have never figured out how to bathe her without getting half on the water and soap on me too. I usually have to take a shower after I bathe her grin
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by maclatunji: 8:51am On Feb 07, 2012
I don change enough diapers to last a lifetime. Which one be diaper sef? Na Nappy me I know O  tongue
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by DrummaBoy(m): 8:59am On Feb 07, 2012
I do it all the time
I've even graduated to evening baths
An interesting thread for men to learn from
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by jidewin(m): 9:58am On Feb 07, 2012
Well as for me,I guess I'm an early starter.3 kids and I changed their diaper whenever its soiled and most especially when momma aint home or tired or sometime plain lazy.
(don't most women just love that)
It kinda make you get closer to your kids and observe them too,cos from their poo you can detect when they are ill or growing teeth as a result of running body temperature.
Watch your wife how she bathes,brushes,cleans their teeth and body (so u don't flush water into their ears as this also encourages infection in the inner ear and body temperature rises).
Bathing your kid and seeing him or she laughs could be thrilling.
Happy fatherhood.

1 Like

Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by stepo707: 11:10am On Feb 07, 2012
Just curious oh.Please dont abuse me.Whats the difference between pampers and diapers.Am gonna be a daddy soon
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by jidewin(m): 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2012
stepo707:

Just curious oh.Please dont abuse me.Whats the difference between pampers and diapers.Am gonna be a daddy soon
Hey,no one will abuse you for asking a simple direct question. Except the UNLEARNED.
Anyway,pampers is the trade name, a brand of product (diaper) I think its by procter and gamble.
Diaper (Nappy)is the protective cover for babies(and also the aged)bosom to collect their waste (poo and wee),coveniently disposable and hygienically fitted for wears.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by olaboy1: 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2012
Somorin i gbadun your comment, its just changing diaper.
I do it berra than the nanny, mid-wife and spouse put together. I clean his poo, rub some little cream on his ass, apply new diaper in less than 2 mins. I bath him in less than 10 mins, just no big deal if as an engineer i can fix network problems, configure and assign IP addresses to a very large corporation in 2 days.

OP, try and get some materials on youtube as a guide
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by NaijaEcash(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
I've done it severally, and I never considered it something strange. Well, I considered it fun anyway, cos I don't get to do it repeatedly like my spouse.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by r231(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2012
yes of cus. . . . . for years and will definitely do it again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Questions For Feminists / Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message / Why Are Unmarried Single Women So Bitter And Frustrated ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.