Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai (7757 Views)

Ogun State At 40: List Of Dignitaries From Ogun / Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by CharlesE1: 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2012
[B]Shocker! Elrufai Calls Participants of Ongoing National Summit in Lagos "fools at 40 or 70"[/B]

Amazingly, controversial former minister of the FCT and Chieftain of the Congress for Progressive Change, Malam Nasir Elrufai, has called participants of the National Summit currently going on in Lagos "fools at 40 or 70".

The summit is being anchored and convened by former Presidential candidate, Professor Pat Utomi, and has in attendance such statesmen as former education minister, Professor Ben Nwabueze, former Kaduna State governor, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, former minister fir information, Chief E.k Clarke, Former Governor of Anambra State, Chukuwemeka Ezefe, foremost human rights activist, Chief Femi Falana, former minister for aviation, Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode etc.

At the summit, several speakers had condemned the apparent justification of the Boko Haram insurgency by CBN Governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who had said that the practice of paying out derivation to certain states in the Niger Delta has led to not enough money reaching states in the core North which is contributing to the insecurity of Boko Haram.

Femi Fani-Kayode had in his own submission indicated that there were certain individuals who believed that they are mire equal than other Nigerians and who desire to always be in power and reminded the audience of the threat of some to make Nigeria ungovernable should they and their candidates not win the election.

Femi Fani-Kayode also reminded the audience that the British amalgamated three incompatible nations together and these are Sudan, India and Nigeria and of these three only Nigeria has not broken up. Sudan had divided into two, India into three and Nigeria is now facing pressures. He therefore advised that Nigerians should sit down and talk.

The statements by Mr. Fani-Kayode were re echoed by former aviation minister, Alabo Graham Douglas, who traced the threat if some politicians who firmed the then Northern Political Leaders Forum to "make Nigeria ungovernable" to the current insecurity being spearheaded by Boko Haram.

Most of the participants of the summit called for a Sovereign National Conference because the constitution Nigeria is currently operating and the system of government it finds itself in was not what was agreed by Nigerians but rather it was imposed on Nigerians by the military. They also opined that the founding fathers of Nigeria negotiated a different Nigeria with the British where there was autonomy of the zones and that each region had control over the resources in its region unlike what occurs today where the monies goes to the Federal Government.

But when NaijaPundit spoke to Femi Fani-Kayode on what was responsible for the strong defence of Malam Nasir Elrufai by Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, NaijaPundit was told that the bond between Elrufai and the CBN governor, Lamido Sanusi is the fact that Sanusi is about to take as one of his wives the sister of the second of Elrufai's three wives and as such they are about to be linked by marriage.

Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by efisher(m): 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2012
The question on my mind is why?
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by DRANOEL(m): 4:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
. . . . . . .but really are they not fools? who gave them the mandate to hold a summit? whom are they speaking for? at the end of their summit what will happen to their recommendations?. . . . . . .a fool is one who goes about putting much energy doing that which is of no value to the people he is doing it for!
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2012
DRANOEL:

. . . . . . .but really are they not fools? who gave them the mandate to hold a summit? whom are they speaking for? at the end of their summit what will happen to their recommendations?. . . . . . .a fool is one who goes about putting much energy doing that which is of no value to the people he is doing it for!

El Rufai has only critized those making efforts in looking for solution, he has not proferred any. A more fool is someone who calls someone that making an attempt, a fool.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Gbawe: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2012
Na wa for this El Rufai sef. Can his utterances , if he must speak, never be circumspect and diplomatic ? I just can't understand this hardline bellicosity that makes him want to be pugnacious towards everyone all the time. He may have no interest in participating in this national summit but it is highly ungracious for EL Rufai to scoff at it and brand others "fools" when he can just keep a dignified silence.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by freegaza(m): 6:10pm On Feb 06, 2012
He is right a national summit should be organised by nigerians who want change in the way nigerian is run.This is a political national summit organised by the niger deltans for their son
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Beaf: 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2012
[size=14pt]"#Occupy" or hypocrisy?[/size]
I pity the fool's that were used and am really sad that lives were lost. Lives lost for what? See what the bastar'd El Rufai that organised it has to say? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by dustydee: 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2012
did he say that?
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2012
he calls a gatherin of elders old enuf to be his father FOOL! And yet he wants to rule nigeria! Hmmm respect is one of a leader's quality. Bastar.d
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by manny4life(m): 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2012
Without doubt, the man is a know bigot himself. shocked shocked shocked
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by icez: 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2012
why el-rufai? embarassed
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by efisher(m): 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2012
Even the most educated "northern islamists" tend to lose all sense of reasoning when certain issues are discussed. I wonder why. Sanusi why? El-Rufai why? I just can't understand it.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by icez: 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
Northern muslims are all the same.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2012
efisher:

Even the most educated "northern islamists" tend to lose all sense of reasoning when certain issues are discussed. I wonder why. Sanusi why? El-Rufai why? I just can't understand it.

its easy to understand!
These fellows see themselves as the first class citizens, the rest are fools. Take it or leave it, I'll trust a snake first before an Hausa/Fulani Moslem. Am not harbouring hate, just being careful.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by ekwynwa: 10:12pm On Feb 06, 2012
i dont know what to believe again
which way Nigeria
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by MeAboki(m): 10:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
efisher:

icez:

Northern muslims are all the same.
noblezone:

its easy to understand!
These fellows see themselves as the first class citizens, the rest are fools. Take it or leave it, I'll trust a snake first before an Hausa/Fulani Moslem. Am not harbouring hate, just being careful.

Careful, your bigotry is showing. How did religion and ethnicity creep into the content of his conversation? He simply expressed an opinion or isn't he entitled that - if I may guess, because it doesn't agree with yours. SMH shocked
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Gbawe: 11:31pm On Feb 06, 2012
Me_Aboki:

Careful, your bigotry is showing. How did religion and ethnicity creep into the content of his conversation? He simply expressed an opinion or isn't he entitled that - if I may guess, because it doesn't agree with yours. SMH shocked

I too do not think religion or region of origin has a place in this discussion. Let us not forget that Balarabe Musa , a respected Muslim Northerner, is one of those EL Rufai referred to as "old fools". I personally just think EL Rufai is simply too pugnacious, confrontational and irreverent for his own good. No system, worldwide, will promote such lack of grace, dearth of humility and poor diplomacy to the apex of political power. This was senseless and crass from El Rufai.

Increasingly, he is coming across like a hardliner incapable of compromise, finesse or diplomacy. If EL Rufai believes this to be a gathering of "old fools" , why voice that opinion publicly and risk the backlash that will come from referring to respected Nigerians as fools? Why not just remain silent and let others , out of Government, have their 'jamboree' if that is even what he considered it to be? Why comment at all? Very disappointing from EL Rufai. Clever leaders learn to choose their battles. They dont wade in blindly, everytime, and alienate everyone.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by nduchucks: 12:47am On Feb 07, 2012
Some of you people may very well be fools as well. The man said "some fools at 40 or 70, and he is quite right. Fani Kayode in my view is a fool at 4o something while Clarke is one at 70 something. Deal with it.

Some of us fought for this democracy and still have scares to show for it. Why not work within the appropriate democratic and legislative avenues if you want to make a change. If you are not willing to do that, you better have a plan to forcibly topple the government. What makes many of the participants of this meeting fools, is that they think they can wrestle power away from the current government without overwhelming military or political force. SMH
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by jmaine: 1:48am On Feb 07, 2012
^

Forget all those grammer  .and face the crux of matter . . .which is the brazen insult of Elrufai . . .What  Elrufai said was utterly disrespectful and despicably brash . . . Who made him an oracle to brandish others as fools just because he feels otherwise . . .

Atimes you need to side step some of your fumes and reason objectively . . .
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by nduchucks: 1:58am On Feb 07, 2012
jmaine:

^

Forget all those grammer  .and face the crux of matter . . .which is the brazen insult of Elrufai . . .What  Elrufai said was utterly disrespectful and despicably brash . . . Who made him an oracle to brandish others as fools just because he feels otherwise . . .

Atimes you need to side step some of your fumes and reason objectively . . .

For all practical purposes, you sir, are a fool and reading comprehension challenged.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Beaf: 2:05am On Feb 07, 2012
Lol @ndu_chucks!!

Why are you sounding so desperate about it? You get oil well?
You need to calm down, the majority opinion can never be swept under the carpet, otherwise it would herald danger.

Nigeria is creaking at the seams and the NASS cannot save us, regardless of if that is the only constitutional path. The country is not working and we all need to sit down and discuss the way forward. Necessity demands that such discussions be held outside the purview of govt.

The constitution forbids GEJ from calling a constitutional conference, but only the blind, deaf and dumb would not keep a foot in such discussions.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by jmaine: 2:07am On Feb 07, 2012
ndu_chucks:

For all practical purposes, you sir, are a fool and reading comprehension challenged.

You think calling me a fool solves your inept challenge of not seeing beyond your nose for some reasons known only to you . . .  I asked you a question . . .Who made Elrufai an oracle to brandish others foolish just because he feels otherwise . .

Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by icez: 2:24am On Feb 07, 2012
why do some people oppose a national discusssion?
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Nobody: 2:35am On Feb 07, 2012
El rufai is just a typical northern moslem.when he was protesting with pat utomi,fani kayode,balarabe musa and others,they were not fools,but now they are having a political summit,they are fools.they feel they can get away with anything.from helping boko harams to escape,to trying to shield killers amongst them from justice.like el rufai,like sanusi,like northern emirs and elites.they are all thesame.this unworkable nigeria they are trying to preserve the way it is will not stand.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by ektbear: 8:40am On Feb 07, 2012
To quote another NLer, "aboki no get brain."
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by texazzpete(m): 8:48am On Feb 07, 2012
Gbawe:

I too do not think religion or region of origin has a place in this discussion. Let us not forget that Balarabe Musa , a respected Muslim Northerner, is one of those EL Rufai referred to as "old fools".

Spare us this misinformation. El-Rufai used the word 'some'. Where's the certainty that Balarabe Musa was lumped into this category?

Certainly, the likes of Fani-kayode can be aptly described as 'fools'. How else would you describe this incompetent loud-mouth that once told the NASS that occultists were responsible for aviation crashes in Nigeria?
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by TRUTHTELA: 8:48am On Feb 07, 2012
While he's entitled to his own opinion, i'm yet to read his condemnation of BOKO HARAM anywhere.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by feelgood(m): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2012
In all these, can someone please post a link where El Rufai did call the folks fools
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Gbawe: 9:07am On Feb 07, 2012
texazzpete:

Spare us this misinformation. El-Rufai used the word 'some'. Where's the certainty that Balarabe Musa was lumped into this category?

Certainly, the likes of Fani-kayode can be aptly described as 'fools'. How else would you describe this incompetent loud-mouth that once told the NASS that occultists were responsible for aviation crashes in Nigeria?

Save the pedantism. It does  not work with me. Are you a mind reader to know that "some" excludes Balarabe Musa and includes Fani Kayode? Is Fani Kayode 70? Are you El Rufai's offciial spokesman to know those EL Rufai is adressing?

Like El Rufai, you also should have remained silent instead of offering this lame argument because a logical take of issue means that insulting those who are 40 and 70 , without specifically naming  anyone, covers most attending the conference.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by member67023: 9:09am On Feb 07, 2012
Charles. E:

[B]Shocker! Elrufai Calls Participants of Ongoing National Summit in Lagos "fools at 40 or 70"[/B]

But when NaijaPundit spoke to Femi Fani-Kayode on what was responsible for the strong defence of Malam Nasir Elrufai by Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, NaijaPundit was told that the bond between Elrufai and the CBN governor, Lamido Sanusi is the fact that Sanusi is about to take as one of his wives the sister of the second of Elrufai's three wives  and as such they are about to be linked by marriage.

Three wives? Hmmmm. SMH. How is he able to comfortably service all of them? And still have strength and time for politics.
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2012
Use a blackberry? Add me on BBm. Pin:26BE3874. Everybody's welcome wink
Re: National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai by Kachi01: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2012
Is just a pity that some people who want to comand respect do not deem it fit to respect others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua / This Happened Nigeria And Everyone Is Keeping Quiet / Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.