Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages (14950 Views)

Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by jrtorrents: 12:08am On Feb 08, 2012
mekaboy:

@ROSSIK THATS MY EXPERIENCE, GHANIANS WORSHIP WHITES AND ITS SAD.  THERE USED TO BE A SPOT CALLED RED LOBSTERS

http://www.modernghana.com/news/358922/1/whites-only-restaurant-shut-down.html   READ THIS STORY AND SEE HOW A NIGERIAN WOMAN CAUSED A REVOLUTION IN GHANA.

hahaha, man you goff bad. The said lady was half Ghanaian / half Nigerian

Read from the link below

"In her own homeland-Ghana, Miss Elizabeth Okoro was less favourable treated and denied access to a ‘club restaurant’ by virtue of the fact that she is black (Ghanaian).This is a clear and direct breach of the fundamental laws of discrimination."

Source: http://www.ghanacelebrities.com/2011/11/01/hurrah-the-%e2%80%98whites-only-restaurant%e2%80%99-in-accra-has-been-shut-down-thanks-to-you-all#ixzz1ljxiW57B"

http://www.ghanacelebrities.com/2011/11/01/hurrah-the-%E2%80%98whites-only-restaurant%E2%80%99-in-accra-has-been-shut-down-thanks-to-you-all
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 08, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by jrtorrents: 12:15am On Feb 08, 2012
Moodie:

Dont worry, nobody will miss you when you go.

Gladly, this is just one topic from Ghana web, just read the unprovoked comments from your peeps. Annoying stuff.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=229187&comment=0#com

, never mind your quote, have a peek at what is happening at your ''perfect Ghana'' forum.

Cant you guys read or what?  Notice that I said "I"  , If you had read my intial comments you would ave known tjat I said the love/hate between Ghana and Nigeria is mutual, There are Ghanaians who dont like Nigerians aand likewise Nigerians who dont like Ghana but the assumption is that on Nairaland that its Ghanians who hate Nigeria and talk about Nigeria all day.  My comments were to dispel that assumption. I have no qualms whatsoever  with Nigerians,
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by jrtorrents: 12:19am On Feb 08, 2012
Moodie:

^^^ See the hotel sef, looking like one patent medicine shop.

is this wat yopu call intellectual discussion? I've been to Lagos before and its no heaven
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 08, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by manny4life(m): 12:28am On Feb 08, 2012
Moodie:

Guy, you are now officially on your own. I don go sleep. Enjoy. grin grin grin grin

LOL

Please leave him alone, they WILL NEVER GET IT ,
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by dayokanu(m): 1:06am On Feb 08, 2012
Jrtorrents,

So if a news reads that "Mikel Obi buys house in Ghana"

Or "Nigerian president travels to Ghana"

Does that mean We are discussing Ghana people?
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 08, 2012
Nigerians are really pathetic. Is just Nigerian citizens that are obsessed with Ghana. It is your leaders. Every Nigerian site always talk about Ghana. Lagos governor was bragging that they have build more roads than Ghana; when our road network is much better. As I speak there are over a million Nigerians in Ghana. I don't see topics about Liberia, ivory coast, Togo and other Africans but you have loads of topics on ghana and Ghanaians. We have a small population but we are just above you guys in everything. That's the plain truth. Of you want to argue name any area where Nigeria is better than Ghana. I am waiting
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 08, 2012
My question is where were all these Ghanaian defenders when  a song purported to have been sang by a Ghanaian, saying " ThankGod I am not a Nigerian and so on . . . . " was been condemned

We are just happy that we are not Nigerians. Why wouldn't we be happy that we are not Nigerians when all we see from Nigeria is death, misery, crimes, bombs and people who can't get along with each other. Tribalistic people
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by noiseless: 2:10am On Feb 08, 2012
Wait til nigeria becomes a proper country just wait,til then i can not say much and i hope many don't say much too,lol!
Bigo8291:

Nigerians are really pathetic. Is just Nigerian citizens that are obsessed with Ghana. It is your leaders. Every Nigerian site always talk about Ghana. Lagos governor was bragging that they have build more roads than Ghana; when our road network is much better. As I speak there are over a million Nigerians in Ghana. I don't see topics about Liberia, ivory coast, Togo and other Africans but you have loads of topics on ghana and Ghanaians. We have a small population but we are just above you guys in everything. That's the plain truth. Of you want to argue name any area where Nigeria is better than Ghana. I am waiting
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 08, 2012
@ROSSIK THATS MY EXPERIENCE, GHANIANS WORSHIP WHITES AND ITS SAD.  THERE USED TO BE A SPOT CALLED RED LOBSTERS

http://www.modernghana.com/news/358922/1/whites-only-restaurant-shut-down.html   READ THIS STORY AND SEE HOW A NIGERIAN WOMAN CAUSED A REVOLUTION IN GHANA.

Sorry to burst your bubble that lady was half Nigerian and half Ghanaian.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by salamander(m): 5:04am On Feb 08, 2012
LOOK GROW UP ALL OF YOU. Half of West Africa populations are Nigerians. Our grand dads came from Nigeria and set up family way, way back. My dad was born in Ghana in 1910! This shows how far Ghana-Nigeria relations has been. I'm proudly Ghanaian! That notwithstanding. we are very much hurt when something bad happens to Nigeria.

So, what are we all talking about here? Grow up, grow up, grow up!!

The myriads of problems Nigeria is facing cannot be solved by the current leaders alone. It needs a collective effort of every Nigeria, starting with YOU. Ask yourself, what have you done positively to raise the image of your country? We are all guilty of it.

Get involve, Ghana - Nigeria will always be good neighbours. Just remember when the Eagles need to qualify to the World Cup some years back, it was Ghana that helped her do that at the expense of Liberia. Oppon Weah still hates us for that. So please, please, reason up. We all need each other.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by Ekiti1: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2012
salamander:

LOOK GROW UP ALL OF YOU. Half of West Africa populations are Nigerians. Our grand dads came from Nigeria and set up family way, way back. My dad was born in Ghana in 1910! This shows how far Ghana-Nigeria relations has been. I'm proudly Ghanaian! That notwithstanding. we are very much hurt when something bad happens to Nigeria.

So, what are we all talking about here? Grow up, grow up, grow up!!

The myriads of problems Nigeria is facing cannot be solved by the current leaders alone. It needs a collective effort of every Nigeria, starting with YOU. Ask yourself, what have you done positively to raise the image of your country? We are all guilty of it.

Get involve, Ghana - Nigeria will always be good neighbours. Just remember when the Eagles need to qualify to the World Cup some years back, it was Ghana that helped her do that at the expense of Liberia. Oppon Weah still hates us for that. So please, please, reason up. We all need each other.
thank you. All the hatred aint gonna lead anywhere.
*shakes hands with salamander*
Hope you got a beautiful sister I can date. Lol.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by safarigirl(f): 9:49am On Feb 08, 2012
Hahaha, such Ǟ bashing thread. Truth is, both Ghana ǡŋ₫ Nigeria are fuc.ked! Imagine an European wlking into this thread ǡŋ₫ reading ÄŁĻ the delusional sh.it
Ɣ'ÄŁĻ are writing bout your countries. Do either ☺₣ you think you command greater respect from the International community?

Get with the times, no one would miss either ☺₣ you if you were washed off the face ☺₣ the earth Ŝ☺ stop bi.tching ǡŋ₫ beefing each other ǡŋ₫ face ♈ōU̶̲̥̅̊я common enemy togeteher-IGNORANCE. If you guys are supposed to be the educated ones, I wonder what the illiterates are like
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by otumfour(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2012
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by ektbear: 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2012
Risky signing a contract with the gov't of Nigeria.

Do business with the country at your own peril undecided
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by magentam(f): 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2012
Big babies (both Ghana and Nigeria). Think of how to move both countries forward instead of basing one another. *educated mumus*
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by omoghana22: 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2012
asem beba debi,
what is wrong with this our soo called big brothers?, hmm who even gave them the name big brothers? this is nonsense. anytime a nigeria will talk, they will say they are gaint of africa. Gaint of fools. gaint of 419, gaint of corruption, We all know that nigeria has quantity and not quality, 1 ghanaian is equal to 10 nigerian. and Without ghana independent , Nigerian will never had one. illiteracy is a big problem with most of you guys. can you imagine nigeria senator saying that Nigeria supplies ghana power?, ? nonsense, what shall it profit you to have all this wealth yet poverty and suffering, killing and looting. Nigeria, dont feel soo hard to ask ghana how they got it right, in education and development. In ghana we think ahead of things, watch out soon for our own gasline that will supply the west africa since your failure is as usual. this is a give and take story.

Henceforth, we are all africans, and we need to come together to be 1, when nigeria falls, ghana will wake him, when ghana falls, nigeria will be there for her, this is a genetic relationship our fathers laid. ones nigeria becomes a safest place, the rest of africa will be good for life.

LETS SING OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM TOGETHER

IN ENGLISH:
[God bless our homeland Ghana,
And make our nation great and strong,
Bold to defend for ever
The cause of Freedom and of Right.
Fill our hearts with true humility
Make us cherish fearless honesty,
And help us to resist oppressor's rule
With all our will and might for evermore.

TWI
Yen Ara Asase Ni

Yen ara asase ni
Eye abooden de ma yen
Mogya a Nananom hwie gu
Nya de to ho ma yen
Adu me ne wo nso so
Se ye be ye bi atoaso
Nimdee ntraso nkotokrane
Ne apese-minko-minya
Ato yen bra mo dem
Na ye 'sase ho do atom se

Chorus:
Oman no se eve ye yie oo
Oman no se ennye yie oo
Eye se na ose
Omanfo bra ne ekyerei le
No le eji sane ko
Ni ka eman bii ano

GA
Wo Dientse Wo Shikpon Ne

Wodientse wo shikpon ne
Ni ej' ra wa ha wofee
Wo tsemei shwie la shi
Dani ame ke he ha wo
Eji mi ke bo gbenaa
'Ke wo hu wofee he eko
Ja nilee ke hesuomo pe aaanye
Wo shikpon le akpo
Nye baa ni nye haa woman le
He suomo ahi wo mli

Chorus
Ke ji ake man ko aaahi le
Ke ji ake man ko ehii

EWE
Miade Nyigba Lolo La

Miade nyigba lolo la, enu wonye woafo asia,
Mia togbuiwo tso wofe agbe gbledeta xoe nami,
Edo nye kpliwo ha dzi be miawo miato sinu
Nuvevie nyanya, didodo kple amedokui to didi
Gble mia zoli hegble miade nyigba ale gbegbe.

Chorus
Denyigba wo nyonyo, denyigba wo gbegble
Alesi nele ko sigbe ko woano daa.

THIS IS WHAT OUR LEADERS LAID TO UNITE US.

long live Nigeria
long live africa.

We are african, not nigerian and a ghanaian.
pardon me.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by kingeddyx: 8:38am On Feb 24, 2012
As the good book says 'time and chance happen
to us all' Nigeria is now selling Gas to Ghana at volumes less tuhan agreed, and when ghana complains some of u hurl abuse and display ur arrogance as if the gas is for free. Ghana's gas infrasture will be ready by 2013 and she might not need to buy gas from nigeria again, Nigerians dont learn from history. once upon ghanaians were economic refugees in nigeria today the opposite is true, after 2013 we will see if some of you can still make such boastful statements like ''when nigeria sneezes ghana catches a cold'',
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by londoner: 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2012
Its funny though. When Ghana has outages it is the fault of Nigeria, fine. But when they were celebrating your "constant" electricity I did not hear any Ghanaian or Nigerian for that matter say that it was due partly to the
un-erratic gas supply from Nigeria.

@kineddyx, to be honest it will be better when Ghana no longer needs gas supply from Nigeria. As we speak NIGERIA NEEDS the gas supply we are supply Ghana, even if it is erratic at times.

It is a good thing that we stop selling to others the resources we desperately need.
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by K4: 11:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
nigeria signed a long-term contract to supply gas 2 3 west africa states,which informed d $1 BN gas project.nigeria has an LNG project dat delivers gas 2 europe etc in d past 30 yrs,without a break.but always a problem wt west african deliveries. hmm
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by contactlenz: 1:36am On Apr 12, 2013
londoner: Its funny though. When Ghana has outages it is the fault of Nigeria, fine. But when they were celebrating your "constant" electricity I did not hear any Ghanaian or Nigerian for that matter say that it was due partly to the
un-erratic gas supply from Nigeria.

@kineddyx, to be honest it will be better when Ghana no longer needs gas supply from Nigeria. As we speak NIGERIA NEEDS the gas supply we are supply Ghana, even if it is erratic at times.

It is a good thing that we stop selling to others the resources we desperately need.

CORRECT UR HEAD DEY THERE
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by contactlenz: 1:41am On Apr 12, 2013
omoghana22: asem beba debi,
what is wrong with this our soo called big brothers?, hmm who even gave them the name big brothers? this is nonsense. anytime a nigeria will talk, they will say they are gaint of africa. Gaint of fools. gaint of 419, gaint of corruption, We all know that nigeria has quantity and not quality, 1 ghanaian is equal to 10 nigerian. and Without ghana independent , Nigerian will never had one. illiteracy is a big problem with most of you guys. can you imagine nigeria senator saying that Nigeria supplies ghana power?, ? nonsense, what shall it profit you to have all this wealth yet poverty and suffering, killing and looting. Nigeria, dont feel soo hard to ask ghana how they got it right, in education and development. In ghana we think ahead of things, watch out soon for our own gasline that will supply the west africa since your failure is as usual. this is a give and take story.

Henceforth, we are all africans, and we need to come together to be 1, when nigeria falls, ghana will wake him, when ghana falls, nigeria will be there for her, this is a genetic relationship our fathers laid. ones nigeria becomes a safest place, the rest of africa will be good for life.

LETS SING OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM TOGETHER

IN ENGLISH:
[God bless our homeland Ghana,
And make our nation great and strong,
Bold to defend for ever
The cause of Freedom and of Right.
Fill our hearts with true humility
Make us cherish fearless honesty,
And help us to resist oppressor's rule
With all our will and might for evermore.

TWI
Yen Ara Asase Ni

Yen ara asase ni
Eye abooden de ma yen
Mogya a Nananom hwie gu
Nya de to ho ma yen
Adu me ne wo nso so
Se ye be ye bi atoaso
Nimdee ntraso nkotokrane
Ne apese-minko-minya
Ato yen bra mo dem
Na ye 'sase ho do atom se

Chorus:
Oman no se eve ye yie oo
Oman no se ennye yie oo
Eye se na ose
Omanfo bra ne ekyerei le
No le eji sane ko
Ni ka eman bii ano

GA
Wo Dientse Wo Shikpon Ne

Wodientse wo shikpon ne
Ni ej' ra wa ha wofee
Wo tsemei shwie la shi
Dani ame ke he ha wo
Eji mi ke bo gbenaa
'Ke wo hu wofee he eko
Ja nilee ke hesuomo pe aaanye
Wo shikpon le akpo
Nye baa ni nye haa woman le
He suomo ahi wo mli

Chorus
Ke ji ake man ko aaahi le
Ke ji ake man ko ehii

EWE
Miade Nyigba Lolo La

Miade nyigba lolo la, enu wonye woafo asia,
Mia togbuiwo tso wofe agbe gbledeta xoe nami,
Edo nye kpliwo ha dzi be miawo miato sinu
Nuvevie nyanya, didodo kple amedokui to didi
Gble mia zoli hegble miade nyigba ale gbegbe.

Chorus
Denyigba wo nyonyo, denyigba wo gbegble
Alesi nele ko sigbe ko woano daa.

THIS IS WHAT OUR LEADERS LAID TO UNITE US.

long live Nigeria
long live africa.

We are african, not nigerian and a ghanaian.
pardon me.

This one don chop igbo,Too much igbo no good oooo
Re: Erratic Gas Supply From Nigeria causes Ghana Electricity Outages by contactlenz: 1:45am On Apr 12, 2013
Moodie: ...pls delete

U sure say u don drink ur daily medicine sooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

British And Italian Hostage Killed In Birkin Kebbi / Okowa Donates N6m To Family Of Slain DELSU Undergraduate / Abia Speaker Commissions Bakery, Urges Abia People To Patronize Their Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.