Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

The Maxima Thread - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Maxima Thread (9406 Views)

SOLD.Very Clean,neat,fantastic Nissan Maxima 3.5se 4 Sale!!!!850k last price!!! / 2006 Nissan Maxima Se / The Camry Vs The Maxima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2012
Miroslav klose: Take a look at the above image. I took a print out to ladipo and we got the bank 1 sensor 1 as shown in the above image. The sensor is normally plugged into the silencer from under the car, removing the passenger side front tyre. from the above pixs, it the sensor described as B1 S1 by the left hand side.

looking at the sensor after removing the tyre, the 3 cables had already cut(which confirms it to be faulty one out the 4 sensors) Whilst the mechanic was trying to remove the sensor from the silencer, i think some threading pulled out as well, thus making the new sensor not to alling properly even though they are identical and had same numbers.

What i'll do is to get a panel beater to remove the silencer and do a re-threading so as to allow the new sensor allign and work as expected.

regards

Are you aware that most oxygen sensors have a lifespan of about 100,000 miles? You most likely have bought a used one that will likely fail very soon. Its like buying used spark plugs.
Re: The Maxima Thread by Miroslavklose: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2012
well what about other electrical parts like brain box that we buy as tokunbo? some still perform well till one chooses to sell the car off
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2012
Components such as the ECM are designed to last as long as the vehicle. Some sensors on the other hand like the O2 sensor and airbag sensors have a lifespan which is generally lower than the vehicle's lifespan. I was only trying to tell you that it would've been better if you had bought a brand new sensor. Chances are that the sensor you bought might not even work. BTW, how much did you pay for it? Did it come complete with harness and cables?
Re: The Maxima Thread by Miroslavklose: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2012

yes it was a complete package. Thanks though cos we learn every day. However im not too new to vehicles cos its close to 24 years or there about since i started handling vehicles on Nigerian soil (1988 if im correct)

What i did before paying was to get a check metre to do the reading of all 4 sensors. 3 gave correct reading excet the B1 S1. I read the replacement before paying for same
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2012
No problem my guy, like you said, we learn every day. Let us know if this replacement fixes your sensor issue.

@Wylout: How far with your intended mods?
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2012
Hello Guys, I had intended to swap my 01 maxima headlights with the 03 model. I called a part seller in Ladipo and he agreed to take mine if they were in good condition. Since mine were a bit cloudy I decided to clean them using a lens restorer I got from the US. After 30 minutes of "hard work" I was amazed at the results. Take a look at the pics below. In the first picture, the left headlight has been cleaned, while the right hasn't.

Re: The Maxima Thread by Miroslavklose: 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2012
Pls send the thing to me asap
Re: The Maxima Thread by Miroslavklose: 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2012
ambyzown: No problem my guy, like you said, we learn every day. Let us know if this replacement fixes your sensor issue.

update on the car.

The mechanic checked the valve body and solenoid by all were working with no issues. He serviced them yet after the car temp rises, it slips out of gear again.

I did more searches on the internet from maxima forum and people with similar challenge said they changed the VSS output.

I changed mine at ladipo last saturday and i've driven the car for one week with no challenge thus far. Thinking of driving another one week before satifying ok.

will feed u guys back

cheers
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 8:00am On Apr 30, 2012
Happy to hear that u've solved that problem. The internet is truly ur friend. Your mechanic seems to be competent. e be like say u go post im number and address here o.
As for the headlight lens cleaner, I only have two packs, and have already opened one. Send me a PM with ur number, so that whenever I'm in Lag, I could do ur headlights for u with the remainder of the first pack.
Re: The Maxima Thread by Miroslavklose: 8:13am On Apr 30, 2012
My bro. this has got nothing to do with mechanic. i spent hours on the internet researching till i found the possible solution.

I actually change the VSS myself.

i will PM u my nos asap. Im envious cos ur head lamp looks extremely beautiful
Re: The Maxima Thread by Wylout: 2:03pm On May 01, 2012
ambyzown: No problem my guy, like you said, we learn every day. Let us know if this replacement fixes your sensor issue.

Boss----> i just got my headlamps and the bumper side lights. I will definitely post pics when i am through. Though i am yet to receive the mesh grilles.
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 12:41am On May 03, 2012
Anxiously waiting for those pics.
Re: The Maxima Thread by Wylout: 1:22pm On May 03, 2012
@ Ambyzown

Ur ride still looks very clean--- My front and rear bumpers have signs of okada riders doing me strong things.
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 4:25pm On May 03, 2012
My brother, that's one of the problems Lagosians face daily. I try to be patient and allow them pass so that they don't mess up my car. Anyway ur car still looks good.
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
Wow, its almost been a year since the last post on this thread. Has everyone sold their maximas? Well i haven't yet. I hope u guys all had a beautiful Xmas and New year holiday.
Well I did some traveling during this period and had some issues with my max hence this post.
My car runs smoothly when driving casually, but "chokes" when I try to accelerate. It got so bad that overtaking another vehicle became quite hazardous. I checked the air filter, MAF sensor and spark plugs but they were all okay. I managed it back home and decided to pull out the fuel pump to test its pressure. The following pictures are what greeted me when I pulled out the pump.
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
Since the 5th gen doesn't have a user replaceable fuel filter, I proceeded to clean the old filter and re-use it. The end result is in the pix below. Needless to say that the acceleration issues were solved after this. I think the car is even more fuel efficient now.
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
For some reason, my pictures aren't being displayed. Here they are again.
Re: The Maxima Thread by nissparts(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
Maybe the size of the pic is too large?
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
I have already downscaled the photos to about 59KB
I'll try again later
Re: The Maxima Thread by Wylout: 12:04am On Jan 08, 2013
I just had the same issue-----

My monkey mechanic changed the fuel pump or so he claims ( cos i saw my fuel filter in my trunk)

Its either he changed the fuel pump or simply removed the filter of my old one.

But seriously i think i need a new fuel pump cos the fairly used ones may have exhausted its lifespan.

Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Again
Re: The Maxima Thread by ambyzown(m): 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
@Wylout: Your halos look nice. What about visibility at night? Are they any good? OEM 03 headlights are soooooo expensive
Re: The Maxima Thread by gabng(m): 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
Wylout: I just had the same issue-----

My monkey mechanic changed the fuel pump or so he claims ( cos i saw my fuel filter in my trunk)

Its either he changed the fuel pump or simply removed the filter of my old one.

But seriously i think i need a new fuel pump cos the fairly used ones may have exhausted its lifespan.

How much did you get the halos and can you provide me the dealers info?
Re: The Maxima Thread by Wylout: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
ambyzown: @Wylout: Your halos look nice. What about visibility at night? Are they any good? OEM 03 headlights are soooooo expensive

@ ambyzown--> My halos are not too different from OEMs same visibility joor angry

But

They sure look good!!!

I've never changed my spark plugs and i noticed a reduction in performance and a lil hard to start
Re: The Maxima Thread by Wylout: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
@ Gabng

I got the thing myself through a friend who was coming from Texas.

Saved me freight cost cheesy
Re: The Maxima Thread by diamondovat: 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pls some help me with this. My 2002 nissan maxima is always vibrating when ever the engine is steaming, but when i accelerate the vibration stops. The vibration increases as i turn on my ac. My mechanic try to change my plugs but this did not stop it. Please what do i do because i still love the car and i dont intend to do away with it soon.
Re: The Maxima Thread by Wylout: 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
Could it be your engine mounts? Abi na bushing them dey call am.

Just chill for the pros to reply.
Re: The Maxima Thread by hedgesfun(m): 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
hello all,
I am really new here buh am happy to see this thread I just got a 2001 maxima from a nairalander here buh I later found out there are lots of issues on the car as it has been with the mechanic since the first of January he told me its ok now buh that the gear is not changing and that I will have to take it to ladipo for me to get it done, did anyone have an idea wht this is all about and possibly proffer any solution I will really appreciate it a whole lot.
Re: The Maxima Thread by nissparts(m): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
Scan the car and post the code.
Re: The Maxima Thread by hedgesfun(m): 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2013
where can I get a scan done as I really don't knw
Re: The Maxima Thread by nissparts(m): 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
If you are in Lagos,give me a call
Re: The Maxima Thread by hedgesfun(m): 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
am in Lagos I will call you on Sunday which is tomorrow or latest on Monday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Any Idea How Much They Paint Car In Lagos Or Abeokuta? / 2013 Dodge Charger RT V8 Toks N14.5m / 2000 Toyota Sienna Xle,leather, Power Sliding Door in Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.