Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) (2630 Views)

BREAKING: Boko Haram Demands $50m To Release Kidnapped Chibok Girls / Boko Haram Demands '$50M Ransom' For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls / Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by manchy7531: 11:22am On Feb 08, 2012
Welcome to the National Conference. My name is Ibrahim Yaya. I am the 20th spokesman of the Jamu’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati Wal-Jihad otherwise known as the Boko Haram.

After a careful study, we’ve decided to embrace the call for a National Conference. We’ve concluded that we only have two options. It is either we call for a National Conference by ourselves, while we can still talk to each other, or we wait until we cannot talk to each other and have the United Nations call a National Conference for us.

We, the Boko Haram sect, have chosen not to wait.

We believe that Nigeria as it is presently constituted is structurally flawed. We don’t know if it is working for you but it is definitely not working for us. We can no longer pretend that all is well. We can no longer continue to waste time, taking one step forward and two steps backwards. The next generation of our children must not be saddled with living a lie. We have a vision of a society we want to live in and we intend to create it In shaa’Allah.

So, we have started the talk. We speak loud and clear. We know that you have heard our voice. And we welcome you.

We understand that the world we see is different from the one you see. We are not going to apologize for that. We have placed our cards on the table. We want to see yours. We want those of you who have written your constitutions to bring it to the table. We want those of you who have designed your flags to bring it out of the closet.

It’s an insult to say that making Nigeria ungovernable for President Jonathan is our mission. We don’t care if it is Sambo or Sango that is president; we are committed to our mission. It is sheer ignorance to say that Northern elite, whose tails are behind their legs in fear of us, are the ones sponsoring us. When last did they see the Kalashnikov rifles? Couldn’t you all see that the likes of The Sultan of Sokoto are fighting to stay alive and relevant in the face of the avalanche that we represent? His suggestions on how to restructure the North to consolidate his powers are medicine after death. And for the experts who blame poverty as our source of fuel, you’re being rude to Allah and the four-century-old mission he gave us. Are we the only people who are poor?

What we want is very simple. We want to live in a country where the Quran is our Constitution. We want pure Sharia law. We do not want this adulterated diet Sharia you gave us. We want the real stuff so that our children can grow in a sanitized society. We do not intend to keep compromising until it is uncertain what we stand for.

We have been presenting what we want. Some of you many not like them. We understand. Some of you who cannot stomach it may have to stay away from our heartlands. Tough luck! We do hope you will respect our rights to follow our hearts’ desires based on our value system.

Mind you, there are some people within our heartlands, including that 71-year old general who wants to fight for Nigeria again, who are against us and against this conference we have called. When you hear the general talk about the Doctrine of Nigeria’s Settled Issues, he is just foaming in the mouth. He has lost his soul and simply wants to protect his privileges in the corrupt enclave called Nigeria.

We don’t want to continue to live a life of lies like him. We have a vision that we want for ourselves. And we want it now. Our vision will leave him less powerful and less able to manipulate the rest of us. And that is why people like him in our midst are uncomfortable. In our new world, people like him will have to repent before they can find a place in it.

We recognize that since the onset of Nigeria, we have not really been asked what kind of society we want. The colonialists negotiated with few elite members of society. These negotiators did not consult us. Their eyes were set on the spoils of colonial masters’ leftover that they would inherit. We were not surprised that their experiment failed. The military that came in also became lords over the rest of us. They also negotiated with another group of elite when their own experiment failed. What we have today is another creation of the elite without the consent of the people.

We cannot continue to live in that bondage. We are adults now and we want to sit on the table and have our own say.

We are keeping all options on the table. Nothing is sacrosanct. We are not afraid of anything. We don’t have to remain in Nigeria and nobody must stay in it either. We are not interested in your oil if that will poison our spirit. We will make it by ourselves if only you infidels get out of the way for us to be great again like our forefathers.

The career politicians who are currently in the National Assembly do not represent the vision of this society we intend to create. Being a product of the imposed Nigerian society, they have no moral authority to represent us, neither do they have our interest at heart. Leaving a serious issue as the National Conference to these politicians is like using the nose as a flute. Waiting for another four years to try and vote in the right people who will tackle the issues in question amounts to denying the reality of Nigeria’s flaws and the flaws in the current system that will always produce its own kind.

Those of you afraid of a National Conference have always said that it is a recipe for disaster. Oh well, disaster is already upon us. We might as well plunge in and fix things.

Even those who do not care are beginning to behold the National Questions. “There is a National Question when citizens of the same country do not have the same rights in their homeland. There is a National Question when some citizens of a country are not free to live in peace anywhere they so wish. There is a National Question when some citizens of a country are not able to get permanent employment in some parts of their country. There is a National Question when Cultural Rights, Social Rights, Economic Rights, Civil Rights, Religious Rights and Political Rights of some citizens of a country are being trampled upon.”

For those of you who are Christians, let me use your doctrine as stated by one of your champions for National Conference to explain this: “I have always compared what our colonial masters did to the baptism of a kid. When the kid grows up, it is his responsibility to be confirmed. Confirmation is a chance for the kid to accept, reject or modify all the vows his parents undertook on his behalf when he was a child. The confusion we are currently in has a lot to do with our refusal to pass through the process of confirmation. Another analogy is that of couples who are living together without wedlock. The conservatives would say 'living in sin'. Going by that definition, we Nigerians have been living in sin since that fateful day in 1914 when Lord Fredrick Lugard amalgamated the Northern and Southern Protectorates and let his girlfriend call it Nigeria. That was how our nation was born - without a purpose, without a history, and without the consent of its citizens.”

We, Boko Haram, intend to continue this discussion with anyone who wants to participate. We will keep pushing for our demands to be met, as forceful as we can. You can hate us all you want. You can try to annihilate us with foreign powers. But Allah is on our side. The more of us you kill, the more you inspire many more to join our cause. Our madrasas are many and our supply of suicide bombers is unlimited. And our reach is equally unlimited. Our voice will be heard in the North, South, East and West. So you either come to the discussion table right now or get used to hearing our voice.

Nothing can stop us until we achieve our ultimate goal. Nothing!

Allah Akbar.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by manchy7531: 11:22am On Feb 08, 2012
Now let get serious,, where is the location? And who and who is going to sit with them? I can't wait.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by 9jaIhail(m): 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hey boko haram or whatever you call your self.If this is what you are agitating for, you have my vote but channel your actions towards politicians you will see all Nigerians will stand by you with full support .but killing masses will do you guys no good. hell south is 1million time ready for national conference of course we have been calling for it long time ago.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 08, 2012
Bravo! Intelligent! Bold and direct!

You have made the matter easy. I do not believe in Islam, I will never accept islam, it is my right to accept or reject whatever I am offered.

I agree with your every point.

I think the only thing left for us is to discuss the boundries of our new but seperate nations. The only thing I am pleading with you is this: et us discuss that in peace. Enough of shedding of innocent blood.

also, some questions need to be ansered: like, what will happen to indigines of your domain who are non moslems? will you allow a state by state or at least LGA by LGA referendom so that the people can choose what they want?

Please, personally, I appreciate.

To the rest of Nigerians, please let us accept this offer. it is a great opportunity.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by KnowAll(m): 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2012
Our madrasas are many and our supply of suicide bombers is unlimited

[size=18pt]The above statement is the tumour affecting Core Northern States, as long as they continue to allow this inhibition to exist within their constituency, they would never know or find peace.[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by Arosa(m): 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
[size=20pt]Boko haram must fail. [/size] lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by chosen04(f): 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2012
These guys have a good cause but fighting it in a wrong way . . . . . . . .

Just wish you change your fight style and get more support. . . . .You never can tell.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by Arosa(m): 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
^^^Pay no attention to these bokos, this is just an attempt to gain sympathy. But its not working for me.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by Afam4eva(m): 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2012
Nice one by bokoharam. I'm shocked beyond word that a terrorist group like bokoharam will call for a sovereign national conference.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by chosen04(f): 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2012
Arosa:

^^^Pay no attention to these bokos, this is just an attempt to gain sympathy. But its not working for me.

And which will work for you if i may ask? Btw, who has killed more innocent niGERians between BOKO HARAM and niGERia government?

I thought our previous reasons for condemning them is that we dont know what they are fighting for? So why advice us to pay them no attention now that they have boldly stated what they truely wanted . . . .
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by solihu(m): 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2012
Now they are straight on the point. Over to you, your excellencies! David! Put your faith in God, just like your namesake was able to defeat Goliath, use your catapult (millions)! Don't be afraid, the bombs won't go off. Remember to have those millions annointed by Adeboye! LMAO.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by Arosa(m): 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2012
chosen04:

And which will work for you if i may ask? Btw, who has killed more innocent niGERians between BOKO HARAM and niGERia government?

I thought our previous reasons for condemning them is that we dont know what they are fighting for? So why advice us to pay them no attention now that they have boldly stated what they truely wanted . . . .

Very simple, they should stop bombing and killing Nigerians, then I will consider what they are saying.

solihu:

Now they are straight on the point. Over to you, your excellencies! David! Put your faith in God, just like your namesake was able to defeat Goliath, use your catapult (millions)! Don't be afraid, the bombs won't go off. Remember to have those millions annointed by Adeboye! LMAO.

Who is David?
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by phreakabit(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
[size=18pt]What we want is very simple. We want to live in a country where the Quran is our Constitution. We want pure Sharia law. We do not want this adulterated diet Sharia you gave us. We want the real stuff so that our children can grow in a sanitized society. We do not intend to keep compromising until it is uncertain what we stand for.[/size]

Well, I guess this is it for The failed project Nigeria. Should I be sad?. . . . . .  Cos I feel like dancing right now.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by chosen04(f): 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2012
Arosa:

Very simple, they should stop bombing and killing Nigerians, then I will consider what they are saying.

But that is exactly what i suggested earlier
chosen04:

Just wish you change your fight style and get more support. . . . .You never can tell.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by phreakabit(m): 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2012
chosen04:

Do you even know what TRUE SHARIA IS?! Look at my previous post an tell me what you think of that statement?
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by manchy7531: 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2012
seem like the are now feeling the heat of the superior firepower of the nigerian army also there seem to be some calculated important arrest of some of their top members which they seem to be scary of.they are indirectly calling for dialogue.who know?
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by Arosa(m): 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2012
chosen04:

But that is exactly what i suggested earlier

I know you did, I am just answering your question. smiley
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by chosen04(f): 5:01pm On Feb 08, 2012
phreakabit:

Do you even know what TRUE SHARIA IS?! Look at my previous post an tell me what you think of that statement?

But at least am sure True Sharia will end corruption? . . . . .  . .
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by 9jaIhail(m): 5:20pm On Feb 08, 2012
I have been supporting your argument until i read this below.You and who will live in a nation where Quran will be your constitution? that will work only when you succeeded carving out your BOKO REPUBLIC.

chosen04:

But at least am sure True Sharia will end corruption . . . . . . .

Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by LogicMind: 5:24pm On Feb 08, 2012
the writer is putting great effort in disassociating northern leaders from boko haram. could have worked in the last century but not now.
Northern leaders, including the 71 year old = boko haram.
Try harder.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by Onlytruth(m): 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2012
Source please?
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by naijaking1: 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2012
chosen04:

No, it wouldn't, nothing good ever comes out of sharia system embarassed
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by phreakabit(m): 5:43pm On Feb 08, 2012
chosen04:

That has to be a joke. . . . . Sanni Yerima was the first Governor in Nigeria to openly request and implement Sharia for and in his state. Wasn't he corrupt financially and otherwise? Also, I hope you know paedophilia comes with Sharia?. . . . Tell me that is not the height of corruption.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by chosen04(f): 5:45pm On Feb 08, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

I have been supporting your argument until i read this below.You and who will live in a nation where Quran will be your constitution? that will work only when you succeeded carving out your BOKO REPUBLIC.

Stop!!!!! I was only asking a question without a question mark(?) . . . . . . . .IITYWIMIWHTKY
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by solihu(m): 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2012
@ Arosa
I meant David mark, who's willing to spill his blood for Nigeria. I was suggesting a better way for our dear senate president.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by chosen04(f): 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2012
phreakabit:

That has to be a joke. . . . . Sanni Yerima was the first Governor in Nigeria  to openly request and implement Sharia for and in  his state. Wasn't he corrupt financially and otherwise? Also, I hope you know paedophilia comes with Sharia?. . . . Tell me that is not the height of corruption.

Am not holding brief for sharia . . . . . . .But i know that what Sanni Yerima implemented wasnt the true sharia as advocated by in this BH thread . . . . . .
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by PapaBrowne(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2012
Any smart reader would tell that this is not from Boko Haram!!
The typical Boko Haram write-up would be filled with many Islamic lexicons
This one has none of such instead it references Christian analogies.
Secondly, this is too mild and without the typical Boko Haram violent incensed threats.

And one Big question, why did they refer to "the 71 year old general without mentioning him but they made mention of the Sultan.

My honest opinion:

This article has one single purpose. Make it look like Babangida is not with Boko Haram!!
Every finger has been pointing in his direction and he crowned it with his nonsense speech of "Doctrines of settled Issues",

Mind you, there are some people within our heartlands, including that 71-year old general[b](BABANGIDA)[/b] who wants to fight for Nigeria again, who are against us and against this conference we have called. When you hear the general talk about the Doctrine of Nigeria’s Settled Issues, he is just foaming in the mouth. He has lost his soul and simply wants to protect his privileges in the corrupt enclave called Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by 9jaIhail(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Secondly, this is too mild and without the typical Boko Haram violent incensed threats.

And one Big question, why did they refer to "the 71 year old general without mentioning him but they made mention of the Sultan.

My honest opinion:

This article has one single purpose. Make it look like Babangida is not with Boko Haram!!
Every finger has been pointing in his direction and he crowned it with his nonsense speech of "Doctrines of settled Issues",

You are very smart and wise
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2012
We need to get a verified source for this and not just one, lets wait till its reported by 2-5 newspapers or t.v. And lets be sure its actually from the real Boko Haram. But even if it was a spintell from Babangida, then my predictions will be coming through. CIA is really working hard to tear nigeria apart.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by ASOROCKb(m): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2012
diluminati:

CIA is really working hard to tear nigeria apart.
Lol@nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by SamIkenna: 4:20am On Feb 10, 2012
PapaBrowne:

My honest opinion:

[b]This article has one single purpose. Make it look like Babangida is not with Boko Haram!![/b]Every finger has been pointing in his direction and he crowned it with his nonsense speech of "Doctrines of settled Issues",

Man you beat me to it. As soon as I read it I said something is not right here. But on a different scale, lets just say the piece was from Boko Haram, can we now see that these guys have no agenda? They keep shifting their agenda from nothing to sharia to christians to govt. At some point they said they were avenging what christians + Nigerian govt did and will do to there people now and in future, I was like wot da? Are they kiding? Anyway, I guess its only in Nigeria that people avenge a wrong in advance, lol.

If actually they wanted SNC why would they take innocent lives on christmas day? Who do they think would come and talk with them if they first wipe all of us out? I think maybe they're feeling the heat and somehow they want to cash in to the new thing in town - National conference. By so doing they believe it will curry favor for them in the eyes of the general public that has become sick of their murderous game. In the end, eventhough I'll never like nor respect them, I think we should go to this National Conference so that the peoples of Nigeria will have this much eluded chance to decide what they want.
Re: Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!) by Nugwax(m): 6:33am On Feb 10, 2012
manchy7531:

Welcome to the National Conference. My name is Ibrahim Yaya. I am the 20th spokesman of the Jamu’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati Wal-Jihad otherwise known as the Boko Haram.

After a careful study, we’ve decided to embrace the call for a National Conference. We’ve concluded that we only have two options. It is either we call for a National Conference by ourselves, while we can still talk to each other, or we wait until we cannot talk to each other and have the United Nations call a National Conference for us.

We, the Boko Haram sect, have chosen not to wait.

"Boko Haram" was a nickname given to them by the media. The sect Never liked the name and they don't refer to themselves as such. This alone should make one question and doubt the authenticity of the purported origin of this piece.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos FRSC Didn’t Announce Closure Of 3rd Mainland Bridge / 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega / The Whole Truth About The Man, Rotimi Amaechi!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.