Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,706 members, 7,955,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash (9266 Views)

Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Mile 12 Lagos / ‘Prayer Man’ Tries To Revive Abubakar Audu, Confusion In Kogi / Three Killed, 30 Vehicles Burnt In Yoruba-hausa Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by homerac7: 6:39am On Feb 11, 2012
@^^ It's the above kind of haughtiness and thinking, that's the bane of Igbo society today. Please find out why Hausa people instinctively choose to run to Asaba instead of other neighbouring smaller towns in Anambra, Enugu and Imo states. Your logic is very faulty and lacking in awareness of some basic social history. It's a shame that the Hausa from faraway North of Nigeria are aware of such difference in behaviour and social history of a place like Asaba yet you don't have the simplest of insight about differences in behavioural patterns between so called Igbos across the Niger and those of the East. Please go and research or interview persons from Asaba especially the traditional ruler of the town. It's not a recent attitude to strangers by natives of Asaba, hence they were easy prey and victims of the infamous genocide/massacre by the same Hausa and Nigerian federal soldiers. There are so much in our Nigerian history and cultures that are obscured by ignorance and perhaps deliberate too, like everything else in Nigeria. The shame of it all, is that most of this subtle difference in culture and social history is common knowledge to the so called Hausa and Fulani living amongst the Igbos and other Nigerians. There are far more "all sorts of people and hoodlums" in Asaba than the indigenes in numbers yet there is an effective moral and social control/code of conduct operating in the town. Does Onitsha not have a traditional ruler etc like most Nigerian and Igbo towns etc? It's a choice to be bad and delinquent. Is Benin not a fairly big town populated by "all sorts" yet the Oba of Benin to some extent can actually issue orders that can effectively impact on the citizens of the city just like the Emirs in the North of Nigeria. Perhaps he has not done enough of that in recent times hence there are a lot of "out of control" activities in the city. Nigerians have not used the traditional institutions well enough to work for us for national cohesion and peace because we are inherently lazy, wicked and thoughtless. We love chaos Sad.

^^^

U r damn wrong brother! they fled to Asaba because its just about 10 mins trekk across the Niger by the bridge. if only u knw d terrain well, u had known that d Niger is boundary between Onitcha (Anambra State) and Asaba (Delta State). so Asaa looked like a nearest point of relief from the violence, and thats y they left for the place only to unfortunately meet trouble there too.

NB: I do not in any way support this act of violence against these people who r not guilty/ cause of crime that led to the trouble itself.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Ejine(m): 6:59am On Feb 11, 2012
Cheikh either has no sense of Nigerian geography, or is just completely clueless and ignorant regarding the empty angle he's trying to peddle.
Dear Cheikh, I believe it would be more advisable if you saved us your miserably worthless large blocks of preachy text and actually cracked open an atlas. Cuz if you did this, you would realize the city of Asaba is closer to Onitsha than Owerri and Aba are. What right-thinking person would run from Tanzania to Ghana when Kenya is much closer?

As a full-blood Deltan Igbo, I find it really cheap and and childish of you to even try to spin that completely meaningless 'morality' story of yours regarding my kith and kin on the other side of the Niger river. You should rather do the honorable thing and only choose to lend your voice ONLY in matters you have the least bit knowledge of.

Thank you.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Ejine(m): 7:25am On Feb 11, 2012
Here's a map comprising Asaba, Onitsha and Awka, for the misguided preachers.
I hope the clear distance between the cities of Onitsha and Awka alone would be enough to silence the misguided preachers here, who know absolutely nothing about the regions they preach. wink

Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Bashr, stop your bigotry and make yourself valuable in society. Do you recognize of the players in that billiards game? Locate them.
I know them. But the question is can you travel to their village?
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by PointB: 9:20am On Feb 11, 2012
^^^
Lol. Very apt response to the prodding clown. By the way, there is nothing wrong with the creativity of those boys.

My first personal Ludo game was on a piece of hard paper 'carton' and my first personal chess piece was made of melted candle wax using pawpaw leave stem as a mould.

Ingenuity has never been crime @Negro_nuts.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by hakanai(m): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Satan punish all the Emirs. I say it again F0rk all the Emirs!

Now I dnt intend to go round with all your idle talk.
Tell me when the SE have gone around town to cause mayhem to the northerners living with them.
There have been tonnes of assault on the SE community living peacefully in the north, but the SE have continued to act dumb.

So the Emirs are doing their job when they allow all the almajiri to kill every Igbo man.

Finally, thunder fire the sultan to the least Emir!
Like wise your stupid occultic demented okija breed and corpse like igwes ,obi and ezes. may they burn and be roasted a million times in hell. Those bunch of retards, ritualist that sacrifcise and mastermind kidnappeings of there own citizens for money and blood.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by namfav(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2012
where are the ibos to condemn this? dont cry next time you get the same treatment, it seems thats the language ibos understand
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Dede1(m): 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2012
The madness being currently played out in Nigeria should be stopped. Granted Nigerians are very different culturally from one ethnicity to another and often display animalistic behavior, Ndigbo should not allow the inherent stupidity perpetrated in northern region of Nigeria by deluded Mohammedans to affect one of the core values Igbo people hold dear.

Ndigbo take pride in defending and protecting the guests or visitors among them. The northerners in Igbo land loved the land and its people. Igbo people love the northerners in Igbo land too. Most northerners have shade away the northern Nigeria's lifestyle and have done everything humanly possible to integrate into Igbo culture including marrying from the pool of Igbo girls.

I suggest strongly that every Igbo son and daughter contribute his or her infinitesimal effort to the disintegration of Nigeria. This will allow countries emerging from the rubbles of Nigeria to hold a country responsible if the citizens of a particular country subject the citizens of another country into the agony of lost properties and lives.

The threat of the possible war or the likelihood of sending commandos into another country to rescue its citizen is a diplomatic jigsaw to worry by both countries. I would suggest that a solution to the menace of Boko Haram is well-coordinated clandestine operation to foray deep into Muslim communities in northern region of Nigeria with one mindset to kill and destroy.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by cheikh: 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2012
@homerac7 

So the import of my post to you is about the geography or the physical closeness of Onitsha to Asaba? Please read my post again or perhaps you are in denial or prefer deliberate ignorance of the essence [/b]of my post.  Let me repeat my question again.

[b]Why would a fleeing Hausa person run to another
predominantly Igbo town for safety whether ten minutes away or one hour away? [/b]Please think or ask people who know about these things - differences in perception and values even within a sub- group like the Igbo. The Hausa have consistently sought refuge in Asaba and other Delta Igbo towns during periods of crisis. You cannot just explain it away with some spurious "geography" lesson and maps. It is human beings that make a place what it is - hell or heaven wink. I honestly wonder why is it that a majority of so called Igbo leadership nowadays lack serious deep thinking and analytical abilities? It is as if the "democratic" or "republican" values have negatively affected everyone in Igboland so much so that people are ever so [b]quick [/b]to speak or talk without [b]serious reflection and introspection. It is a serious issue that must be confronted if the Igbo are to survive properly in Nigeria of today. As it is now, there is no so called serious spokes person(s) let alone leader sad.

@Ejiné
Mr Delta Igbo, your sense of geography and logic is not very good. Please read my post again, perhaps, you'll come away with a better understanding and the import of my line of thinking/essence of my post. The same question I posed above goes for you. i get the impression that haughtiness nowadays is a peculiar Igbo attribute. Is it just on NL or general too? I hope it is not a pervasive general attitude amongst the Igbo otherwise it's a dangerous habit that prevents a people from being taken seriously since everyone speaks and is an authority on everything without necessarily being good at anything per se. Please think before you speak on a subject you know nothing about. I probably know Nigeria including your backyard than most Nigerians. It's not from some maps or classroom either grin.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by udezue(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2012
Thumbs UP to my Igbo ppl.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by cheikh: 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2012
@Nnenna1
Why are you hung up on the 'distance' or 'geography' instead of the essence of my post?. Are there no small towns/villages close to Onitsha in Anambra state less than ten minutes drive away instead of crossing a perilous bridge into some other Igbo town? I guess you do not know much about Nigeria let alone about such subtleties/difference in attitudes.

@Afam4eva
Do you sincerely think this is about 'distance' or 'geography' lesson? Have you ever spoken to an Hausa person who have actually lived in Onitsha or Asaba to find out about their perception of the places? Why do they consistently run to Asaba over the years or other Delta Igbo towns for safety instead of other equally nearer Anambra towns? Why do Nigerians bury their heads in the sand? There are so much unfinished business in Nigeria.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Ejine(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2012
Well, coming down to NairaLand, I see it has now become my side duty to educate deluded knuckleheads on the error of their ways.
No wahala. Mr. Cheikh, reading your very first post on this thread, I knew all along you were never to be taken seriously. And your successive post has just proven that. But no worries, I'll also have a field day exposing your blatant lies and circular logic in these successive posts of yours, cuz like I said, educating knuckleheads is my hobby.
Here we go:

Why would a fleeing Hausa person run to another predominantly Igbo [b]town for safety whether ten minutes away or one hour away? [/b]Please think or ask people who know about these things - differences in perception and values even within a sub- group like the Igbo. The Hausa have consistently sought refuge in Asaba and other Delta Igbo towns during periods of crisis. You cannot just explain it away with some spurious "geography" lesson and maps. It is human beings that make a place what it is - hell or heaven wink.

You see this post right here? You've just sold yourself out to be a miserably lost bigot with ulterior motives all along. You started up a very pointless argument about a people you know nothing about; you got exposed when maps regarding the proximity between Asaba and Onitsha were posted, and you're still telling laughable lies in order to back-track and hide your face from shame? Do you even know how stupiid you sound?
Now, just to further expose you for the blatant liar you are, I'm putting you to a task:
This instant, I would like you to present links of factual stories where, in a tribal crisis in cities like Umuahia, Aba, Owerri, Enugu, Ekwulobia, Okigwe, Orlu or Ezza, the fleeing non-Igbos would run to settle in Asaba. I want you to give me those stories this instant. Cuz in failure to do this, you would not only be selling yourself off as a complete clown and liar, but also a sorry creature who deserves no iota of serious attention.

I honestly wonder why is it that a majority of so called Igbo leadership nowadays lack serious deep thinking and analytical abilities? It is as if the "democratic" or "republican" values have negatively affected everyone in Igboland so much so that people are ever so quick [/b]to speak or talk without [b]serious reflection and introspection. It is a serious issue that must be confronted if the Igbo are to survive properly in Nigeria of today. As it is now, there is no so called serious spokes person(s) let alone leader sad.

I guess it is this 'sophisticated, reflective leadership' found in Northern Nigeria that explains how a single man can carry a false story against immunization officials, that has led to polio sweeping the North like wildfire, yes? That same 'sophisticated' swagga that has eluded Igboland abi?
It is also this same sophisticated leadership that has led to the North never really mentally advancing beyond the 7th century, right? Is it also this sophisticated leadership that has contributed to Northern Nigeria being the hotbed for ancient, medieval diseases like leprosy? Are the growing 12 million Almajiris also another testimony to the beautiful system of leadership and feudalist mentally you all enjoy in the North? Is this same sophisticated reasoning also what informed the brazen, incurable terrorism currently having a field day in the North? Does this sophisticated leadership also explain the current ceaseless savagery going on in Jos? Please, don't take it as an insult; but, sir, if this is what sophisticated leadership - which as you imply is lacking in Alaigbo - is all about, then I'm here to tell you that I'm more than happy being an 'Nnaa Bros', and I'd trade that for no other ethnicity in the world. Thanks for your concern, but it is quite evident your people need it more  cool  

@Ejiné
Mr Delta Igbo, your sense of geography and logic is not very good. Please read my post again, perhaps, you'll come away with a better understanding and the import of my line of thinking/essence of my post. The same question I posed above goes for you. i get the impression that haughtiness nowadays is a peculiar Igbo attribute. Is it just on NL or general too? I hope it is not a pervasive general attitude amongst the Igbo otherwise it's a dangerous habit that prevents a people from being taken seriously since everyone speaks and is an authority on everything without necessarily being good at anything per se. Please think before you speak on a subject you know nothing about. I probably know Nigeria including your backyard than most Nigerians. It's not from some maps or classroom either grin.

Yeah, you're probably right. Infact, you're so right, and your people's gentle reasoning is so good, to the point you're ready to stage pogroms killing numerous Christians in the North over a cartoon in Denmark, right?
Mr. High-Horse Hypocrite, you have been exposed with maps consigning your ill mischievous logic to the toilet trash bin where it truly belongs. You have the audacity to tell others to go reason properly, when you can barely tell your left from your right? Joke of the century, my dear clown. Well, I'm here to tell you that your dirty antics have failed, so take it in good strides and learn to cut your coat according to your size regarding issues and ethnic groups you know absolutely nothing about.
Losers your ilk come in all shapes peddling many shameless lies thinking we'd fall for any; but I'm here to tell you that your ill-conceived "Anioma decency" fairytale is not appreciated by us. Please, save it, little boy, cuz we're never buying.
Finally, I'd like to sound this as a warning to the other misguided minorities that reason just like you: We are Igbos, and we know how we roll. From Rivers to Delta, Edo to Bayelsa, Igbo bu Igbo, to infinity and beyond!  cool
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Ejine(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2012
By the way Cheikh, it's been almost two hours. I'm still waiting for links to those factual stories about non-Igbos running from Enugu to settle in Asaba in the wake of a tribal crisis, since you claim to know about Midwestern Igbos.

Shameless bare-faced liar. You don meet your waterloo today.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Nnenna1(f): 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2012
cheikh:

@Nnenna1
Why are you hung up on the 'distance' or 'geography' instead of the essence of my post?. Are there no small towns/villages close to Onitsha in Anambra state less than ten minutes drive away instead of crossing a perilous bridge into some other Igbo town? I guess you do not know much about Nigeria let alone about such subtleties/difference in attitudes.

You're yet to answer the inquiry and question I posed. Here they are again for your convenience:

^^^Are you trying to imply that other Igbo Cities have chaos and are comprised of a societal framework that is inherently bad?

I would like for you to explain what you mean by the nuances between the "so-called" Igbos across the Niger and the "real" Igbos, now that you're at it.

Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by BlackPikiN(m): 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2012
^^^Are you single?

Honest question. cry cry
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by cheikh: 2:24am On Feb 12, 2012
Nnenna1
^^^Are you trying to imply that other Igbo Cities have chaos and are comprised of a societal framework that is inherently bad? 
I would like for you to explain what you mean by the nuances between the "so-called" Igbos across the Niger and the "real" Igbos, now that you're at it.

@^^ No I've not implied anything about chaos. Whaoo! it's not about "tribal" war or "ethnicism" shocked. I wondered why ? - there is a reason why a fleeing Hausa in danger across the Niger(Onitsha) would run to another Igbo [/b]town(Asaba) for 'safety'. I asked [b]Why? It's not a big deal nor anything to impugn anybody's character for. Is it? I challenged earlier posters to go and find out(research) from the fleeing Hausa people themselves and perhaps go to Asaba to find out from the indigenes or their traditional ruler( Prof. Edozien), conversant with the local history/culture of the people. They may come away with a different view point instead of simplistic 'geography' lessons. I have not put down anybody yet some loud mouths on this forum are frothing in the mouth with dubious and spurious "geography" lessons that perhaps may do them more good hence the word "nuances" was used. They clearly do not understand the culture [/b]and [b]social politics of Asaba nor that across the Niger. It's not my fault that a lot of Nigerians lack simple comprehension and understanding of basic social awareness of the place they claim to reside or come from sad. Tantrums and bad language does not change anything. Does it? I am not going to indulge ignorant unaware simpletons. I only did them a favour, by reminding them to be a little reflective and introspective before exhibiting their ignorance and haughtiness publicly. I guess i am not alone in thinking that on NL a lot of Igbo persons and their cohorts exhibit such unwholesome qualities a lot of the times. It does their cause or whatever no good with such 'half baked' pseudo-intellectualism. Please, I am not hating nor attacking anybody but airing my own personal opinion. Please go through the posts above by some NL noise makers you'll appreciate my concern as if they are very ready for "war" right now and right away,  grin grin. Na waoo wink. There are times silence and introspection is very much in order. Volubility is not a sign of cleverness nor strength. Is it? Sister, I hope you get my drift wink. I have not tried to 'split' or insult the brothers on both sides of the Niger either by my statements yet some persons who think that they are the "guardians" of their race/ethnic group are hopping mad about my simple posts. What would they do if BH appears on their doorsteps grin? Terror is everywhere in Nigeria right now( Police, occupying army, and hooligans/robbers and BH) et al. All they have to do is answer the simple question I posed,  Why? Please no geography lessons grin grin.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Ojiofor: 3:06am On Feb 12, 2012
Aboki, Asaba is calm and more peaceful becuase it is the sit of government(capital city)just like Awka,Owerri,Enugu,Abakaliki and Umuahia unlike Aba and Onitsha which is more prone to voilence sometimes or have you ever heard there is chaos in those capital cities in Igboland.When Aba becomes hot for Northerners they run towards Umuahia for safety because they know the city has no history of violence and yet they are in the same state.

The same is the case in Delta state,Warri is more prone to voilence than the capital Asaba.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Ejine(m): 3:25am On Feb 12, 2012
cheikh:

Nnenna1
@^^  No I've not implied anything about chaos. Whaoo! it's not about "tribal" war or "ethnicism" shocked. I wondered why ? - there is a reason why a fleeing Hausa in danger across the Niger(Onitsha) would run to another Igbo [/b]town(Asaba) for 'safety'. I asked [b]Why? It's not a big deal nor anything to impugn anybody's character for. Is it? I challenged earlier posters to go and find out(research) from the fleeing Hausa people themselves and perhaps go to Asaba to find out from the indigenes or their traditional ruler( Prof. Edozien), conversant with the local history/culture of the people. They may come away with a different view point instead of simplistic 'geography' lessons. I have not put down anybody yet some loud mouths on this forum are frothing in the mouth with dubious and spurious "geography" lessons that perhaps may do them more good hence the word "nuances" was used. They clearly do not understand the culture [/b]and [b]social politics of Asaba nor that across the Niger. It's not my fault that a lot of Nigerians lack simple comprehension and understanding of basic social awareness of the place they claim to reside or come from sad. Tantrums and bad language does not change anything. Does it? I am not going to indulge ignorant unaware simpletons. I only did them a favour, by reminding them to be a little reflective and introspective before exhibiting their ignorance and haughtiness publicly. I guess i am not alone in thinking that on NL a lot of Igbo persons and their cohorts exhibit such unwholesome qualities a lot of the times. It does their cause or whatever no good with such 'half baked' pseudo-intellectualism. Please, I am not hating nor attacking anybody but airing my own personal opinion. Please go through the posts above by some NL noise makers you'll appreciate my concern as if they are very ready for "war" right now and right away,  grin grin. Na waoo wink. There are times silence and introspection is very much in order. Volubility is not a sign of cleverness nor strength. Is it? Sister, I hope you get my drift wink. I have not tried to 'split' or insult the brothers on both sides of the Niger either by my statements yet some persons who think that they are the "guardians" of their race/ethnic group are hopping mad about my simple posts. What would they do if BH appears on their doorsteps grin? Terror is everywhere in Nigeria right now( Police, occupying army, and hooligans/robbers and BH) et al. All they have to do is answer the simple question I posed,  Why? Please no geography lessons grin grin.

Dear Cheikh, why have you chickened and shied away from the task I gave you like the thoughtless coward I always knew you were?  grin grin
Or abi you don suddenly develop glaucoma sotay you no see my post again? grin
Why have you not provided me with links to factual stories about non-Igbos fleeing Igbo capital cities in the East and settling in Asaba, at the wake of tribal tensionshocked shocked  grin grin
What, the Google keyword returned no valid results?  shocked
What is so difficult in providing us with those stories so we can properly take stock instead of plaguing us with large meaningless blocks of text no-one cares to read?
Poor shame. . .  grin
Like I said, confused losers like you should never taken seriously in an intelligent argument. What a sad clown.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Fhemmmy: 3:55am On Feb 12, 2012
Now this is really getting out of hands . . . . I hope something will be done quick to prevent civil war in that country
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by igboboy1(m): 7:31am On Feb 12, 2012
[size=16pt]NDIGBO KWENU! KWENU!! kWEZUENU,

NW THATS WHATS UP, EFFF THEIR MALLAM @S.S UP,

LETS COORDINATE IT THIS WAY, IGBOS IN THE EAST SHOULD ROUND THIS MALLAMS UP AND LET THEM RUN ACROSS THAT BRIDGE AND THEN WE IN THE DELTA REGION WILL GIVE THEM A SURPRISE PACKAGE grin grin

REMINDS ME OF THAT QUEENS BRIDGE NY SONG (DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE), YEA SON, cool

[/size]
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Ejine(m): 8:39am On Feb 12, 2012
igbo boy:

LETS COORDINATE IT THIS WAY, IGBOS IN THE EAST SHOULD ROUND THIS MALLAMS UP AND LET THEM RUN ACROSS THAT BRIDGE AND THEN WE IN THE DELTA REGION WILL GIVE THEM A SURPRISE PACKAGE grin grin

REMINDS ME OF THAT QUEENS BRIDGE NY SONG (DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE), YEA SON, cool

[/size]

Wicked boy! SMH grin grin grin
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by homerac7: 9:57am On Feb 12, 2012
@ Cheik,

Sorry for my delayed response - only just got to revisit d thread now.

There wouldn't hav been need for ds response as #Ejinne and couple of other persons have replied you extensively enough, but u dragged me out by ur choice of generalized attach wc unfortunately was meant to involve me too despite d fact dt u probably should hav narrowed ur "frustration" further. But don't worry, I wouldn't e-punch u as I see it a bit differently.

Let me make a quick note; I'm really curious about ur obstinacy at face of evidently factual contrary points provided by natives against u - alien's opinion on subject matter. It either points to something not known by most (if not all of us) Ndigbos about themselves or generic fooolishness on part of urs.

Observation expressed.

Back to ur question on choice of perceived place of refuge: I honestly don't knw what more to say other than points raised earlier. If u can't make sense out of it, then I can't help u any further. See a psychologist for lessons on Scotoma.

But I will cite some parallel instances for ur cognitive exercise;

1. During Boko Haram wahala in Yobe state few weeks back, many Christians (Igbo and other ethnicities inclusive) fled to Jos for refuge. Going by ur logic, Jos is absolutely safe from religious and ethnic killings, that's y the fled there.

2. I was in Gombe, Ashaka to b specific when d Nov, 2008 mayhem took place in Jos and Bauchi. Gombe was abt resonating, ( God bless Goje), Christians and aliens started fleeing Gombe town for southern xstian communities and those in northern communities were congregating in Ashaka (because of its industrial status thus enjoying military protection privileges). By ur logic, Ashaka shouldn't hav been their place of refuge becos its part of d Muslim Fulani northern territory, ba?

Honestly I don't knw y u r stubbornly defending ur ignorance. There's absolutely nothing wrong in changing ur opinion against facts and good local knowledge; its d total essence of ur education itself.

If u r still hoping that Igbos outside SE, who hav had to adopt means to survive politically due to hausa-fulani post-civil war oppression haven't grown firm enough to ask for cause of death that killed their progenitors, then you are living in la-la land. My friend, wake up! D game has changed and everyone now bears his father's name. Injury to one is now injury to all. Reflect a bit and u will confirm d renaissance. If u go through my posting history, u will see that I'm not into ethnic chest-beating game. So this is not one, its a statement of fact! Don't b surprised though, u were never meant to knw. But its here already and can't b stopped.

But if there's somethin we don't knw dt u, by privilege knw, please share and we all become better enlightened. That's what a forum, community and civilization itself is all about.

NB: Repeat, I'm don't support, condone or tolerate acts of violence or disturbances of any type against person(s) who r guiltless of crime, whosoever they r or wherever they original from or reside in.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by igboboy1(m): 10:15am On Feb 12, 2012
Ejiné:

Wicked boy! SMH grin grin grin

hey in this game called nigeria, you gats to be wicked, angry
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by OneNaira6: 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2012
afam4eva:

Asaba Igbos are known to be violent that's why fleeing hausas always take refuge in Asaba as if[b] it's hausaland[/b]. But I remember one incident when northerners were running into Asaba for their lives only to be met by another fierce blood thristy youths.

May thunder fire you there. See how you insult Asabians without provocation. Na hausaland u com dey see us? Violent kei? Na am u fit think we act like? mscheww may thunder fire you for there. If no say you are Igbo, I would have cussed you out. angry

^^^for topic
Good move.  Finally payback, for how long should Igbo people keep quiet? una keep pushing am to the wall; there is so much u can do before a quiet person explodes. I don't condone attacking innocent bystanders whom just happens to be from the same group as the people killing our people left and right but too much is too much.  Igbo's have been quiet for too long, Hausa and Northerners kept pushing and pushing, una see the outcome. You think what affects SE Igbo does not affect ND Igbo.  Igbo bu Igbo: you hurt one, you hurt all.
For those b1tching and crying, all Hausa are not Boko Haram or the man whom killed the Igbo in Onicha is just one man, how can you condone all Northerners and Igbo double-standing and all that other bull abeg, commot with that one hypocritical bastard. Una killed Igbo up north for months now, your leaders didn't do anything to stop it or protect them, neither did any of una condemned them, una chased them when they were fleeing to safety, attacked and burned down their shops, threaten them left and right and even ridicule the ones who died and ridiculed Igbo for not reacting and yet you did not expect this outcome. you think people forgive that easily? You think noone is pained for revenge?  Thanks to BH and the north attitude una pushed alot of button, people are itching to revenge but decided peace to reign. Wetin una come do? una decided to bring the killing to Igboland una think nothing would have happened? You must be a professional 1diot to think Igbo would have kept quiet while one of our brothers die in the hand of a northern on our own land.  You dey crazy? It is like the north aren't aware of the mental psych BH is causing to other Nigerians. People are pissed, only one sparks explodes everything.  Every southern group in Nigeria are on edge if una didn't know well you know now.

^^^^@chekih
I can see through your charades.
Nice try in trying to turn SE and ND Igbo against eachother.
It easy to figure out why Hausa in onicha runs to Asaba and like everyone have pointed out, it is due to geography.
Onicha is 3 miles to Asaba as oppose to Akwa which is 21 miles despite Akwa and Onicha being in the same state.
If someone is chasing you to cause you harm, where would you run and hide? somewhere close to you or somewhere far away from you.
Nice try in trying to cause problems.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by udezue(m): 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2012
I'm happy Igbos on both sides of the Niger river are showing them pepper. This is how it should be all the time. Kill an Igbo from Edo and u pay the price all the in Enugu.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Afam4eva(m): 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2012
@One naira
I meant to say the oppsite. It was a slip of keyboard. Does the sentence even make sense to you?
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Dainfamous: 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2012
the country is going backwards Hausa should stop killing igbos and other tribes in Nigeria so that they will have peace,
igbo boy:

[/size]
grin grin
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Ejine(m): 6:32pm On Feb 12, 2012
To be honest, though, we should already be used to these dumb, retaarded tribal desperadoes and their useless failed divisive antics by now.

Here's a thread started up by NairaLand's well-known leper Alj Harem, where he struggles, in futility, to spin the cooked-up garbage story that us Anioma people are not Igbos:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-685447.0.html

Mehn, I'm glad the way Anioma sons like Chyz, Ngodigha and Igbo Boy humiliated him thoroughly on that thread!  grin What a read!!

One thing I still don't understand is why these illiterate jobless fleshbags in the North are so obsessed with Igbo issues that they always try to put their wretched leprous fingers where they're not wanted  undecided
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by cheikh: 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2012
afam4eva
I meant to say the oppsite. It was a slip of keyboard. Does the sentence even make sense to you?

@^^Thank you for correcting the obvious mistake in your first post. I wonder why it took you so long? sad. Nevertheless, the "distance and geography" lessons does not explain away the reasons why "fleeing Hausas" from Onitsha run to Asaba cheesy grin.  Please, I am not hating nor trying to 'split' the brothers on both sides of the great river Niger. I hope that you'll be able to find out the answer for yourself from 'the Hausa' or from actual indigenes of Asaba. It is a simple enquiry and nothing to do with trying to drive a wedge between family members(Igbo). I am honestly puzzled about the shrill psychotic bad language on this forum. A conversation should not begin and end on silly curses and bad language as demonstrated by some ignorant persons on this thread. I don't think that Igbo culture and serious Igbo elders will approve of such [b]foolish [/b]behaviour by some noisy self appointed "guardians" of the Igbo race on NL. I hope they are not representative of the new and public face of the Igbo wink. It is very sad and ugly indeed shocked.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Dainfamous: 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2012
Hausa people should not forget the massacre in Asaba during biafran war,by Nigerian soldiers under the command of M.MOHAMED

October 7 will continue to be a date in Nigeria’s history; for the good cause, it was the day the first indigenous university in Africa, University of Nigeria Nsukka, opened its gates to begin the task of “restoring the dignity of man” in 1960.

Exactly on October 7, 1967, the federal troops under the command of Lt Col Murtala Ramat Mohammed committed the greatest genocide in Af, rica’s history. In a broadcast at Benin to signal what is to happen at Asaba on September 21, 1967, Lt Col Mohammed thundered, “I have already dispatched my forces to deal with the rebels around Agbor and Asaba”. Little wonder why Igbo women were raped, children maimed, pregnant women raped and their pregnancies emboweled from Benin, Agbor, Ibusa, Ogwashi-Uku with the grand finale been the butchering of over 2000 defenseless men and male children who had rolled out their drums to rejoice with the federal troops for recapturing Asaba from Biafran forces at St Patrick’s College area of Asaba by Lt Col Mohammed’s troop for alleged “Biafra sympathy”. All these happened in total disregard to the Geneva Convention and federal directive issued by the then Nigeria’s HOS, Major-General Yakubu Gowon.

In the words of 58 years old eye witness, Ifeanyi Uraih, who was a resident of Asaba then with his nine siblings and parents, “I cannot tell this story without tears in my eyes, but I have no bitterness in my heart… They ordered everyone to come out to the town square… They were honest with us. They told us they were going to kill us. They took us to the mounted machine guns. Then it dawned on us that it was true. I was standing with my older brother at the edge of the crowd. He was holding my hand. He had always taken care of me. We shared the same bed. He was the first to be dragged away by the soldiers. He let go of my hand and pushed me into the crowd. He was shot in the back. I could see the blood gushing from his back. He was the first victim of the massacre. Then all hell let loose. I lost count of time. To this day, I live with the smell of the blood of my brethren that night. Even the heavens wept for the victims of this holocaust. Finally the bullets stopped.” Luckily Uraih made it alive because the bodies of the people who were killed fell and buffered and him.

It is indeed 44 years today but the wound are still fresh. According to Chinelo Egwuatu, another survivor of the genocide, “We can forgive but we should never, ever forget… There is no way you can bring the people back, but you can at least acknowledge that it happened.” Special thanks to the University of Florida Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies and its team of researchers ably led by Erin H. Kimmerle, Professors Elizabeth Si Bird and Fraser Ottanelli who have elected to “break the silence, honour the dead, develop a historic record of the event and secure funding to build the permanent memorial”.

On the part of the Federal Government, it is time we put this ugly part of our history permanently behind us by giving the dead deserving state burial and proper apologies rendered to the surviving families of these great Nigerians, whose blood were wasted by bloodlust and hate-mongering soldiers. Anything less is begging the question and it behoves us all as Nigerians to seek justice for the dead.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by cheikh: 12:00am On Feb 14, 2012
Da Infamous
In the words of 58 years old eye witness, Ifeanyi Uraih, who was a resident of Asaba then with his nine siblings and parents, “I cannot tell this story without tears in my eyes, but I have no bitterness in my heart… They ordered everyone to come out to the town square… They were honest with us. They told us they were going to kill us. They took us to the mounted machine guns. Then it dawned on us that it was true.

Well, the story is very[b] true[/b] and sadly he did not give the whole graphic details of the massacre, perhaps because it was too harrowing an experience for him. His whole family could have been wiped out but for divine intervention for those who believe in esoteric forces, on that fateful day sad.

On the part of the Federal Government, it is time we put this ugly part of our history permanently behind us by giving the dead deserving state burial and proper apologies rendered to the surviving families of these great Nigerians, whose blood were wasted by bloodlust and hate-mongering soldiers. Anything less is begging the question and it behoves us all as Nigerians to seek justice for the dead.

It is said that "Those who do not learn, master and understand the ways, habits and attitudes [/b]of their enemy, will certainly fail and perish many times". The Igbo have not learnt and unlikely to do so if the attitudes of those on NL is a pointer/ guide. There are so many hollow heads too hung up on cursing, addicted to bad language and miseducation.
Truthfully, Nigerians are so hateful of each other. It is unlikely that episode in Nigerian history is ever going to be acknowledged let alone deserving of any apologies whatsoever. It is the Nigerian way to bury our heads in the sand and deny the existence of the obvious. Did Lucky Joe not deny the Abuja bombing by Mend sometime ago, even when they claimed that they did set off some bombs? We are an inherently wicked people lacking in any form of compassion towards each other hence I am not exactly hopeful. What we have in abundance as a people is the ability to "forgive" and "forget" not because we are a good people but because we do not have a [b]sense of History
and Posterity. It is reflected in our inability to think, plan and act for "tomorrow" as a serious people wanting to belong to the comity of "Nations". Nigeria cannot be regarded as a serious country let alone a Nation anytime in the distant future. When a so called country does not care for her citizens then it is not fit for purpose. Presently Chaos and Crises reign supreme everywhere. The police as usual are still killing citizens wily nilly with in impunity over twenty Naira in the Southern part of the country mainly. Such an environment cannot elicit any meaningful and lasting patriotism let alone love by so called citizens.
Re: Confusion In Asaba As Igbo, Hausa Clash by Nnenna1(f): 6:10am On Feb 14, 2012
^^^Just want to say that Igbos are not arrogant  sad, or at least, not more arrogant than any other groups in Nigeria. What you see from the loud posters here may be a result of wanting to overcompensate politically for many of the perceived injustices they (i.e. the vocal Igbo posters on NL) ascribe to the experience of being Igbo, especially in light of Igbo history in post-independent Nigeria.

But do not generalize this towards the Igbo population, because as far as we know in real life, Igbos are not any more boisterous, arrogant, tribalist, or hateful than any other ethnicity.

You know this is true.

In fact, I will go further and say that there is latent resentment towards Igbos and whatever political opinion or situation they find themselves in. It may be me being hypocritical and drawing conclusions based on this one website (especially given the tribal bashing that may have caused many defensive and angry posts - a human thing to do, I guess). But I find it nonetheless interesting.

One example is this thread. I find it interesting that there isn't as much political implication in the threads discussing the earlier attacks on the Northerners in Benin and Sapele as there is in this one. Why is that?

Another example is that one thread discussing the ultimatum by a Biafran group (don't remember the name) giving Northerners a week to leave the South-East after the 3-day deadline given by Boko Haram to Southerners to vacate the North. I don't wish to recount the amount of vitriol and bile in that one thread by several non-igbo posters as a result of the news. You can do a search for the thread and read it yourself. I found that thread VERY off-putting seeing as there were similar ultimatums given in the South-South, and South-Western Region, as well as actual physical attacks on Northerners in other regions.

It is almost as if there is an interest in establishing a victor-vanquished role between the SE and Nigeria as far as this website/politics in general is concerned. So much so that the SE region is harshly judged for the same transgressions that are committed by other regions. Yeah it could just be people on the defensive from Igbo tribalists. However - I think many of the comments reveal the extent to which Igbo men and women are perceived by some people. I've come away thinking that that there is a slight stigma to being Igbo - whether this is true or not.

At the very least, have it at the back of your mind that it goes both ways.

As you implied, Nigeria is a very repressive country. All of the nastiness that we're seeing here is as a result of the Nigerian nature of sweeping things under the carpet until the dirt stinks to high heavens.

That being said, I'm kind of disappointed that most of the newly created ethnic threads in the political section are started by Igbos even after what it seems like an agreement for everyone to cool off. It may have something to do with what I explained  in the first paragraph but I wish those guys would cool it down  undecided. It's not like discussions such as those will do anything positive so why start? Also the smilies and lighthearted references to killing people (per this thread) is disturbing. This is something I have noticed among many posters in the political section and it is sick.

Tribal, ethnic and religious affiliation are just superficial differences that result from circumstance. It's not so much of our doing that we are Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Muslim, or Christian than it is the will of fate and it is sad that many people don't realize that when they go about making negative generalizations about the character, beliefs or physical looks about people who are just as African, Black and suffering as they are.

I also strongly believe that Nigerian potential would be fully realized if the populace were homogeneous. I think that our number one undoing is this whole ethnic and religious hullabaloo that keeps us barking like wild dogs, feeling nothing close to love for Nigeria, and letting the real enemies continue to take us unaware while we do so.

It will actually be nice if a level of homogeneity is reached now but that won't happen in centuries - if Nigeria were to exist then, which is not likely, it seems.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria / Bashir Ahmad: A Lot Has Changed Positively In Borno Under Buhari / Ex-Governor Timipre Sylva Goes Into Hiding!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.