Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? (1632 Views)

Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by Ozegbe(m): 6:59am On Feb 10, 2012
My dad, mum's dad and dad's dad are no more. But the three women are still healthy, strong and kicking. I know of some other women, even examples from prominent nigerians. I just wonder if they got more life span than we do or is it because of our way of life, you know, we drink, smoke and do most hard work than the women or could there be a more reasonable explanation to this.
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by Dabss(m): 9:08am On Feb 10, 2012
Its very easy for a widower to remarry. They can get married to young unmarried girls. How many young nigerian guys will marry a widow?
I hope u get it?
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by tpia1: 2:57am On Aug 07, 2014
there are more widowers than widows, especially in the south.

ie, among southern nigerians.

in the north, the situation is reversed.
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by Pavore9: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
Life expectancy for the men in Nigeria is lower than that of the women and most widowers re-marry.
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by 5minsmadness: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
[size=15pt]Because women are blood sucking vampires![/size]
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by SAMBARRY: 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
5minsmadness: [size=15pt]Because women are blood sucking vampires![/size]
did your moma suck your blood when you were an infant and vulnerable or when she had the opportunity to?

It's just a "kweshion"o

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by tpia1: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Pavore9: most widowers re-marry.

True, that may account for the mistaken impression widows outnumber widowers.
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by 5minsmadness: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
SAMBARRY: did your moma suck your blood when you were an infant and vulnerable or when she had the opportunity to?

It's just a "kweshion"o
Yes she did angry angry angry
It was a hooorrible experience cry cry cry
She chased after me and caught me and pinned me down. I begged and cried but she refused cry cry cry
As she sucked out the blood she kept on whispering "I need your blood. I need your blood..." sad shocked shocked
She sucked out a whole 5mls and put it in a bottle and left angry angry

So yes, [size=14pt]she sucked my blood[/size] angry angry angry
And yes she's a nurse grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by SAMBARRY: 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
Lol or you meant you suckled her brez that it was a great experience grin
5minsmadness:
Yes she did angry angry angry
It was a hooorrible experience cry cry cry
She chased after me and caught me and pinned me down. I begged and cried but she refused cry cry cry
As she sucked out the blood she kept on whispering "I need your blood. I need your blood..." sad shocked shocked
She sucked out a whole 5mls and put it in a bottle and left angry angry

So yes, [size=14pt]she sucked my blood[/size] angry angry angry
And yes she's a nurse grin
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by tpia1: 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pavore9: Life expectancy for the men in Nigeria is lower than that of the women

quite untrue, unless after the age of 70 generally speaking.

and most widowers re-marry.

very true.
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
Stress, drugs, alcohol, risky behaviour are all factors that makes it more likely for a man to die first.
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by tpia1: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
^ those are all behaviors also commonly engaged in by women.

so, those do not account for the high numbers of widowers.
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by tpia6: 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by tpia6: 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ozegbe:
My dad, mum's dad and dad's dad are no more. But the three women are still healthy, strong and kicking. I know of some other women, even examples from prominent nigerians. I just wonder if they got more life span than we do or is it because of our way of life, you know, we drink, smoke and do most hard work than the women or could there be a more reasonable explanation to this.

How old were they?

Hope you're not busy comparing people who died in old age with widowers who are mostly under or around 50?
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by tpia6: 2:08am On Oct 31, 2014
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 31, 2014
Pavore9:
Life expectancy for the men in Nigeria is lower than that of the women and most widowers re-marry.

There's your answer OP,I came into the thread to say it but my friend here already took the words off my keyboard. Especially in Nigeria, life expectancy for the male folk is seemingly low. Really hope God help us
Re: Why Do We Have More Widow Than Widower? by tpia6: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Family Without Penny / Nurse Reveals The Top 5 Regrets People Make On Their Deathbed / Why Do Underage Children Learn Karate These Days? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.