Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

iPhone Killer Apps 2 - Phones (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (152369 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
chidanzy: are u sure its an iphone cos the screens are damn ok?

Yes. Its an iphone. I like big screens.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
adaobi123:

Yes. Its an iphone. I like big screens.

Hmmmm....
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by twicenoni(m): 8:02am On Sep 02, 2013
One of the most successful jailbreak utilities is evasi0n, released in February to support iOS 6. It has been updated to support virtually all iOS devices running on iOS 6 – 6.1.2 but will not support iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4. iOS 7 is due for public release sometime in September and, because of this, the developers have made it clear that they will not be releasing a utility for either of these firmwares, mainly because they are busy working on iOS 7, which is a far more major release.
Image : Tweet from iOS 6.1.3 Jailbreaker

Sponsored Links

However, this doesn’t mean that other developers haven’t been having a go. One developer, Winocm, has recently indicated that he may be close to it, tweeting that he now has a binary that will untether 6.1.3. However, he does say it isn’t ready yet and needs quite a bit more work.
This piece of news will certainly be welcome to those who are on 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 with no way of jailbreaking and no way of downgrading to an earlier firmware. However, without getting too many people’s hopes it up, it looks as though it only works on A4 devices and it will not work on any iOS 7 beta.
As time goes on, Apple’s iOS firmware is getting harder to break into and, because of this, anyone who has an A5 chip in their device will have to continue waiting for the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak. There are already solutions for jailbreaking iOS 6.1.3 through Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze, although these are tethered and are only for A4 devices as well.
Image : iOS BootRom Jailbreak

Many people will be hanging on, waiting for iOS 7 before they think about jailbreaking again. Evad3rs have already told us they will be updating evasi0n to support the new firmware and P0sixninja, aka Joshua Hill, has hinted that he may be releasing one as well.
Some people will probably be wondering if we actually need a jailbreak for iOS 7. After all, many of the new features that Apple has included in iOS 7 have been “stolen” from jailbreak tweaks. And some will be pinning their hopes on a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3. At this moment in time, there is no way of knowing when the iOS 7 untethered utility will be released and some may not want to wait indefinitely.
We will keep you fully up to date with regards any news about Winocm’s jailbreak efforts and about the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak utility as and when we hear anything.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by HumanPsycho(m): 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Can one by pass iOS 6 to upgrade to ios7 from ios5 firmware. Am still on ios5 and i consider it no point ugrading to 6 when 7 will be out soon that only if it possible
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by twicenoni(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2013
Human Psycho: Can one by pass iOS 6 to upgrade to ios7 from ios5 firmware. Am still on ios5 and i consider it no point ugrading to 6 when 7 will be out soon that only if it possible

Which iDevice are u using?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by twicenoni(m): 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
I need advice pls i have iphone 4s 32gig and someone wants to swap with ipad 2 32gig without adding any money shud i collect it or leave it?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 6:27am On Sep 03, 2013
twicenoni: I need advice pls i have iphone 4s 32gig and someone wants to swap with ipad 2 32gig without adding any money shud i collect it or leave it?

If I get you right, the initiator is the iPad-2 owner who needs iPhone 4s?

I think it is a good deal;
1. If the iPad-2 is NOT wifi only
2. If the iPad-2 has not been man-handled
3. If the iPad meets your present need than a iPhone
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by twicenoni(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2013
soft-touch:

If I get you right, the initiator is the iPad-2 owner who needs iPhone 4s?

I think it is a good deal;
1. If the iPad-2 is NOT wifi only
2. If the iPad-2 has not been man-handled
3. If the iPad meets your present need than a iPhone

Am the owner of 4s
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 11:36am On Sep 03, 2013
twicenoni:

Am the owner of 4s

Did you initiated the swapping deal?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 04, 2013
Pls guys, i need some help. I have an Ipod touch 4th Generation and when i tried jail breaking, it got stuck at a point and the jail break process cancelled. But anytime i turn on the Ipod, i would always see the skull and it started after i tried jail breaking it. Is there any way i can complete the jail breaking process? All the apps i know (spirit etc) for jail breaking 4.3 version didnt work on the device. Pls help. I love d device even though its ancient
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Stylaay(m): 9:18am On Sep 04, 2013
Pls i need assistance my iphone keeps displaying no service even with a sim card in it. What do i do. Thanx
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by twicenoni(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2013
Stylaay: Pls i need assistance my iphone keeps displaying no service even with a sim card in it. What do i do. Thanx

I guess u update it thats y
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Technesstivity: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Checkout 5 iPhone apps for students here http://www.technesstivity.com/2012/09/5-back-to-school-iphone-apps/
and another 10 here http://www.technesstivity.com/2011/09/editors%e2%80%99-picks-10-back-to-school-iphone-apps/
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Stylaay(m): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
twicenoni:

I guess u update it thats y
Sorry u mean i need to update?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Olamilec(m): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Somebody pls help, I registered an Apple ID but when I want to use it on itunes it's asking for credit card, how can I go about it or is there a way to register it?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by twicenoni(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2013
Stylaay:
Sorry u mean i need to update?

No i know what am saying
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by twicenoni(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2013
soft-touch:

Did you initiated the swapping deal?

As in?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by twicenoni(m): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
Olamilec: Somebody pls help, I registered an Apple ID but when I want to use it on itunes it's asking for credit card, how can I go about it or is there a way to register it?

Goto to itunes on ur phone and try to download app it will ask u for acct then click on register it will be free
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Olamilec(m): 7:00am On Sep 08, 2013
twicenoni:

Goto to itunes on ur phone and try to download app it will ask u for acct then click on register it will be free
Thank you very much but why do we have limited people using this thread abi people using iOS are declining because of Android?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by twicenoni(m): 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
Olamilec: Thank you very much but why do we have limited people using this thread abi people using iOS are declining because of Android?

U know adroid is cheaper than iphone and they all blive that all apps on appstore are not for free

1 Like

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Simeoncal(m): 7:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Please is there a permanent sim unlock for my iphone 4s locked to 3 network in uk. Also anyone with an idea wat will it cost. Thanx in advance
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2013
Simeon-cal:
Please is there a permanent sim unlock for my iphone 4s locked to 3 network in uk. Also anyone with an idea wat will it cost. Thanx in advance

There is. 3 Uk permanent unlock cost 20k at the moment.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DahtDopeBoi(m): 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pls guys how much can I get an Iphone 4 and 4s that is very clean second hand price or London used price
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ok so i had to help someone open a Apple ID this afternoon and it required a Card..

Input debit card details and the guy gets a notification from his bank that ₦165 was deducted to ITUNES.

err is this normal? and like how many more surprises does he have in store? dude is pretty scared his money will start disappearing.

So Apple charges like a dollar for opening an Apple ID? grin grin grin grin grin O gaa o
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by lynxnoon(m): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: Ok so i had to help someone open a Apple ID this afternoon and it required a Card..

Input debit card details and the guy gets a notification from his bank that ₦165 was deducted to ITUNES.

err is this normal? and like how many more surprises does he have in store? dude is pretty scared his money will start disappearing.

So Apple charges like a dollar for opening an Apple ID? grin grin grin grin grin O gaa o
he may have tried to download a paid app with the account b4 he asked u to open one with tyhe same email or somtin undecided
anyhow sha . . . . as long as hes wont be eyeing those mouth watering apps he shd be fine . . . lol
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: Ok so i had to help someone open a Apple ID this afternoon and it required a Card..

yes u are charged. u should av opted for no payment
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
naah I didn't see the no payment option . I registered from the iPad mini setting menu. it was running iOS 6.13

can I remove the card from the account? if so where? lemme call the guy to bring it back tomorrow. I can't shout
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by HumanPsycho(m): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
Too bad! Am stucked on Ios 5.1.1. I tried upgrading to ios 6.1.2 since 6.1.3 isn't already jailbreaken, am using an ipad 3, 3G + wifi only to get series of errors on itunes, after much searching. It dawn on me that a newer idevice was impossible to upgrade using SHSH BLOBS from cydia because of an A4 chip except i get a signed version.. Unbelievable i can't envision my device without a jailbreak, i almost switched to android but NO! I love ios... What do i do, Wait for the ios7 jailbreak?, stay stucked in ios5 or get sealed firmware.
I feel bad i might just bear using outdated apps since most apps and tweaks nw request ios 6 or above. Am depressed.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by HumanPsycho(m): 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: naah I didn't see the no payment option . I registered from the iPad mini setting menu. it was running iOS 6.13

can I remove the card from the account? if so where? lemme call the guy to bring it back tomorrow. I can't shout
it was unfortunate you weren't careful enough. The no payment option is always there. Now you'll have to re authenticate the account to remove payment option from all purchases, its exactly one of the many reasons i'll avoid using an unjailbroken device.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: naah I didn't see the no payment option . I registered from the iPad mini setting menu. it was running iOS 6.13

next time when u want to open a free account on appstore, go to d App Store itself and try to download a free app like Facebook, u will see d create new acct pop up, thats wen u get no payment option. not from settings.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by moonraker(m): 2:08am On Sep 10, 2013
tumababa:

yes u are charged. u should av opted for no payment

Wrong.

Let him ask his friend again. if his 165 naira was returned or not.

When you input your payment details, Apple does a dummy charge on the card

to check whether or not the card is valid or not. Apple will return the cash back

within a week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (111) (Reply)

Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Complete Bible Download Site? / Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.