Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,409 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More (1401 Views)

Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists / Igbos Don't Hate President Buhari / I Don't Hate Jonathan Enough To Install Buhari! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by NegroNtns(m): 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2012
Ibos are whining and complaining that Yorubas hate them. This is false! They call us tribalists, bigots, prejudiced, stereotyped, oppressors, haters. . . . this is all false!

We love everyone but we love our own land and its people more. If we are any of these things you call us then we should have long ago sent you away from our cherished homeland and soil. The fact you live and are sustained by the milk of our land and the sweat of our labor show that we have love for you.

If you have any issue with our accomodation and love for you on Yorubaland and you call us all these names, then one must wonder how you will describe the treatment of your people in the hands of the Northerner who kill, slaughter, maim, evict, ban and even hunt you on your own soil.

Please understand that Yoruba hates no one. We are peace loving people, but our love for our homeland cannot be shared. . .it's a special kind of love, reserved for our own sons and daughters! We wish your own land will love you selfishly like we are loved by our land and people.
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by jmaine: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2012
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by nduchucks: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

one must wonder how you will describe the treatment of your people in the hands of the Northerner who kill, slaughter, maim, evict, ban and even hunt you on your own soil.

Negro_Ntns, who are you referring to above, Igbos, Hausas, Idoma, Ekiti people or who?  The Northerners who have been committing terrorist acts, a.k.a Boko Haram form a minute minority of the people who live in the region.  I hope you know that more Northerners have been killed by these terrorist thugs than any other group of people.
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by Nchara: 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2012
1. Igbos love their land too. That is why they cry for Biafra
2. Yorubas are living in Igboland, asking for free land and even accusing the govt of ethnic motives when the govt wants to use Igbo land for development (these topics are all here on NL)
3. Igbos buy land in Lagos and do not ask for free land in Yorubaland. Yet, Yoruba govts destroy Igbo shops at will and the ever present Yoruba agberos extort Igbo specifically.
4. Yoruba land is less safe for Igbos than Igboland is for Yoruba. 10s of Igbos have been kidnapped and killed by Yorubas (also posted here on NL). No Yoruba has been treated that way in the East
5. Today we hear from rabid ethnicists that Igbos are the targets of Northerners, tomorrow they say all other Nigerians are also killed not only Igbos. There are many flip floppers around here, people.
6. Igbos are killed, as are Yorubas and other Nigerians in the North. Lets stop living in denial.
7. Yoruba land does not sustain Igbos more than Igboland sustains the Yorubas living there.
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by LogicMind: 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2012
whenever you are ready, we are willing to leave your land for you including all the properties and houses we built there.
the ball is in your court.
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by ODUANEGRO: 6:18pm On Feb 11, 2012
This is Negro_Ntns. I will be back to respond.
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by ODUANEGRO: 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2012
Jmaine, what I said is exactly what Nchara said turned to express the ibo position. If what i said is bitterness. . . what is Nchara's statement?

_Chucks, Im not talking about you and your boss Alhaji Shekau. . . . no, this is not about your sect boko haram. grin

Nchara, mechionu! angry
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by ikeyman00(m): 7:42pm On Feb 11, 2012
@@@@

this thread doesnt worth replying

completely useless and rubbish!!

if a white man says that u ve got a monkey brain or half brain cell like obj u go on offence

what do u mean we blah blah love this and that more

well i can say oyibo love their dogs more than they love yoruba man with some tribal mark on his face

now would u now say im tribalistic!!

infact if u ask me i will say u are a massive foolish nl

the more u people make a move there is always a counter force in the form of truth fighting back

why are some people in die-hard looking for credence when there arent none in there shocked

if the yorubas of the 21 century got sense as they love to proclaim then u should value the igbos in all that they do and hope they will live to acknowlegde that on one blessiful day

therefore thread closed
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by jmaine: 8:03pm On Feb 11, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO:

Jmaine, what I said is exactly what Nchara said turned to express the ibo position.  If what i said is bitterness. . . what is Nchara's statement? 

Bros . . .am not against people  showing displeasure to certain perceived ill disposition  of other tribes to their own. .but when some degrading tribal slur like referring to other groups as an . . inferior sub culture is made . . .that calls for deep concern . . .

As For Nchara . . .He is an old gist  . .known for his extreme show of tribalism on this land . . .But on this thread . . .all Nchara did was show displeasure . . . and he stopped short of classifying the great Yoruba race or any other tribe as [b]an inferior sub culture [/b]for any obvious reasons he might have had . . .

Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2012
Nchara:

1. Igbos love their land too. That is why they cry for Biafra
2. Yorubas are living in Igboland, asking for free land and even accusing the govt of ethnic motives when the govt wants to use Igbo land for development (these topics are all here on NL)
3. Igbos buy land in Lagos and do not ask for free land in Yorubaland. Yet, Yoruba govts destroy Igbo shops at will and the ever present Yoruba agberos extort Igbo specifically.
4. Yoruba land is less safe for Igbos than Igboland is for Yoruba. 10s of Igbos have been kidnapped and killed by Yorubas (also posted here on NL). No Yoruba has been treated that way in the East
5. Today we hear from rabid ethnicists that Igbos are the targets of Northerners, tomorrow they say all other Nigerians are also killed not only Igbos. There are many flip floppers around here, people.
6. Igbos are killed, as are Yorubas and other Nigerians in the North. Lets stop living in denial.
7. Yoruba land does not sustain Igbos more than Igboland sustains the Yorubas living there.

It was the love of Biafra and the desire by people like you to blame someone for it's demise that started tribalism on Nairaland and other online forums.
You can love Biafra but please stop blaming the "cowardly" Yorubas for not helping you to actualize it.
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by tpia5: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2012
I'm not sure when or why people started getting so offended at being called an inferior subculture, given the fact that yorubas are typically at the receiving end of any venom being dished out by any other tribe.

Not sure why negro's statement struck a nerve- is he a nigerian VIP?
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by DuduNegro: 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2012
Bros . . .am not against people showing displeasure to certain perceived ill disposition of other tribes to their own. .but when some degrading tribal slur like referring to other groups as an . . inferior sub culture is made . . .that calls for deep concern . . .

As For Nchara . . .He is an old gist . .known for his extreme show of tribalism on this land . . .But on this thread . . .all Nchara did was show displeasure . . . and he stopped short of classifying the great Yoruba race or any other tribe as an inferior sub culture for any obvious reasons he might have had . . .

Oh Jmaine, look at your own bias here. . . .

you are attaching your sentiment from a past comment that is not in any way reflected in this post, . . i.e inferior sub-culture, to justify your harsh criticism. But yet you said of Nchara, "on this thread. . . all Nchara did was show displeasure". So what's your verdict. . . Negro can be indicted for past inciteful statements but Nchara can be excused for his own vitriolic statements in the past?

C'mon dude. . . !
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by jmaine: 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Oh Jmaine, look at your own bias here. . . .

you are attaching your sentiment from a past comment that is not in any way reflected in this post,  . . i.e inferior sub-culture, to justify your harsh criticism.  But yet you said of Nchara, "on this thread. . . all Nchara did was show displeasure".   So what's your verdict. . . Negro can be indicted for past inciteful statements but Nchara can be excused for his own vitriolic statements in the past?

C'mon dude. . . !

My bros . .you called me out . .maybe i misread your intent at trying to justify our earlier discussion . . . am sorry . .if that was not what you meant . . .From my post . .i clearly stated Nchara notorious past which is very evident . .but his post on this thread was within the limits of showing displeasure  over certain ills we don't like . . reminiscent of yours as well . .

You and Nchara had a common denominator . . .which was stating what you want . .and what you feel are the ills mitigating against the fundamental rights of  the various tribes . .and i see no fault in that . . .BTW, my first smiley post was proof . .that your thread was in order . . .  why should i now be biased . .

Bros . .No dey think am say . .i dey indulge Nchara . . .Nchara na confirm Ethnic bigot . . . confirmed . . .
As for the ban . . .Kpele . . . Seun is definitely  not
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by DuduNegro: 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2012
Cool! wink I appreciate your clarification.
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by jmaine: 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Cool! wink I appreciate your clarification.

No Wahazi
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by sheyguy: 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2012
Aigbofa:

It was the love of Biafra and the desire by people like you to blame someone for it's demise that started tribalism on Nairaland and other online forums.
You can love Biafra but please stop blaming the "cowardly" Yorubas for not helping you to actualize it.
leave Oga Nchara alone, that guy is a case. We all know the main grudge of our ever-offensive Nl tribe against a victimised yoruba. If only this kind of emotion will be channelled to the northerners BH will be history by now.
I dont see how Negro's post merits the kinda reply Nchara is dishing out.
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by bashr8: 8:06am On Feb 12, 2012
[b]1. Igbos love their land too. That is why they cry for Biafra
7. Yoruba land does not sustain Igbos more than Igboland sustains the Yorubas living there.[/b]

infact nchara you deserve 2 chilled bottle of gulder for this let me also add that

8[b] igbos want and wish yorubas can have their land and odua country all to themself and stop whining when we mention biafra, they should also be ready to stop collecting free oil handouts and go back to their cocoa plantation.[/b]
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 12, 2012
There is nothing wrong with what nchara has said.why do some people like looking for trouble.one thing i have learnt on this forum is that bigotry is like a cancer that can spread fast if left unchecked. For instance,if your brother is a tribal bigot and you refuse to correct him,the bigotry spreads to other menbers of the family,then to other hamlets,and if this bigotry is still not checked and stopped,it spreads to the entire village,they neighbouring villages,then throughout the town,and major cities,and bigotry then becomes the norm to the people of that particular tribe. The op is one of such people.
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 12, 2012
[s]
Negro_Ntns:

Ibos are whining and complaining that Yorubas hate them. This is false! They call us tribalists, bigots, prejudiced, stereotyped, oppressors, haters. . . . this is all false!

We love everyone but we love our own land and its people more. If we are any of these things you call us then we should have long ago sent you away from our cherished homeland and soil. The fact you live and are sustained by the milk of our land and the sweat of our labor show that we have love for you.

If you have any issue with our accomodation and love for you on Yorubaland and you call us all these names, then one must wonder how you will describe the treatment of your people in the hands of the Northerner who kill, slaughter, maim, evict, ban and even hunt you on your own soil.

Please understand that Yoruba hates no one. We are peace loving people, but our love for our homeland cannot be shared. . .it's a special kind of love, reserved for our own sons and daughters! We wish your own land will love you selfishly like we are loved by our land and people.
[/s] ARRANT RUBBISH.[i][/i][color=#990000][/color]
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 12, 2012
@ Negro, nice to see ur IP finally lay to rest for sometime  tongue
Re: We Don't Hate Anyone, We Just Love Our Land More by ekwynwa: 9:41am On Feb 13, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

no we don't complain we return FIRE for FIRE

No u don't accommodate we bought the lands, we pay our taxes and other bills, so its not free. tongue

we are not asking for your love, our mission in Lagos is to make MONEY in billions
so you can keep ur love as long as we make our MONEY the feeling is mutual

(1) (Reply)

I Lied, Says Shamed Farouk Lawan / Experience Of Heaven And Hell.."a Must Read!!!" / 13 Leaders Have Died In Office Since 2008, 10 Of Them Are African. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.