Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love (823 Views)

5 Reasons Why He Won’t Eat Your P / Photo:would You Eat This 's-x' Cake / To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by Godwin7(m): 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2012
I am writing about one of my past campus experience ,it still comes to mind because Valentine is fast approaching. well it went thus- i was involved with this girl who is my classmate and some one from my linguistic area. it meant to be a love that will lead to the altar. i was so obsessed with her that i can not bear not to be with her after class. But the first thing i started noticing was that she hardly visit my room. i did not mind but i will just try and avoid her and pretend as if i am annoyed with her , then she will just start gathering all her friends to come and beg me that she has offended me. Our friendship actually started from 200level, i recall when she was down sick i was all over her that even her room mates where telling her that they wished they were in her shoes. when we are on holidays i do try and visit her at home (she lived in another city from me). i was always writing at least once a week ,such that i built a library of her letters as well. All this while there was no intimacy as she never give a room for that ,remember she does not visit. On our getting to 300level i was now becoming friendly with another class mate of mine who was making passes at me all the while . She was so homely but not attractive though. I started getting close to her so as to make my girl feel jealous. Instead what i noticed was that my girl was always going to the city every weekend on the ground that she was visiting her mum.I did not suspect anything until i started getting report that she was always seen in a particular car in the city every weekend. i was now becoming curious as to what to do. What later surprise me was on one of those days we were waiting for our lecturer to come in for class she called me to the back of the class and opened her bag and low and behold in her bag was pack of Codoms. i was shocked she laughed and asked me why i was surprised at what i have just seen. that she does not want to get pregnant. I was so shocked to imagine that was it the same girl that was so innocent and naive that is now so bold and daring.
Re: Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by Godwin7(m): 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2012
A few weeks after this my girl turned 23 and she told me the request her dad put before her on the night of her birthday, which was that she should bring the man in her life to the house so he can know him. I was so excited by this development and we fixed a date when i will be going meet her folks. But our second semester exam was fast approaching so the date was fixed for during the holidays. as was the tradition in our school our graduating students were to be sent off by our set since we are following them so a party was organized for them at the University guest house which was not too far from where my girl lived with her friends.so we had planned that i will pick her and we both go to the party together. So i was excited on the day of the party i went with my friends to the venue of the party after which i proceeded with my friend to my girls house to pick her. When we got to her house the dor was locked but i noticed that mucis was playing inside ,so i decided to peep at the window and ask to know who is in the house, then i saw my girl cudling a man ,they were both tying wrapper. I was dazzed but i did not say anything to my friend .At that moment my girl rushed out and opened the door and came outside blocking the entrance. i was just looking at her but i did not utter a word .She said she is sorry that she can not go to the party with me because she was having stomach upset after which she saw us off briefly and went back inside. It was after she left that i mentioned to my friend what happened. We went to the party but i was a shadow of my self i drank as much alcoholas i can consume .when i got back to the hostel i had to take 2 tabs of valium before i could sleep.
Re: Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by Godwin7(m): 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2012
The next day in the morning i just took control of myself ,i burned all her letters and pictures after which i went to the class to read my books since it was a Saturday. By the next Monday she came to the class and was teasing me as usual but she met a stone wall .And marked the end of the relationship as far as i was concerned. She was boasting to my friends that i have not seen anything yet that she is sure i will soon come begging. I just avoided her from then onwards despite all she and her cohorts did in the class. This continued all throughtill our next level which is the final year.well i was able to control myself and i completely shut her out of my systerm. Just as we were rounding up for the session precisely two weeks to go i just walk up to her as she was going to class for lectures and said to her how are you. In making up my mind to do this several things crossed my mind. This were - we shall soon leave the campus to a bigger world and we could still meet where either of us could still be of help to each other. so i decided there is no need for us ti part as enemies but as friends. Can you believe that this two weeks remaining for us to be in school she was ready to do anything to get me back including bleeping if i requested but i was no longer in that level as far as i was concerned it is over. she even remembered my birthday , she came to my room and demand that i celebrate it with her which i did after which i told her to leave since i was expecting my girlfriend. I thought i have seen her last after we left school only for me to realise that our NYSC posting was to the same state. She could not join the first batch due to some resit she had but she came for the supplementary batch and came straight to meet me at the secretariat . From there we proceeded to my friends house where i was putting up pending when i sort out my posting for my primary assignment.
Re: Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by Godwin7(m): 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2012
That night i could see it in her that she was expecting i will want to bleep her but to her surprise i was not even thinking of such as i was no longer interested any more.When she realised that nothing was forth coming she quickly went for her posting .When i have now secured mine to another Local Government, she was still communicating me requesting for a visit. I was eventually made the corps liaison officer of my Local govt. When she realised this she was always sending me letters through her Local govt liaison officer who openly tells me he has a message from my wife. well i try as much as possible to reply to the letters i feel like replying and leave the others. This was how we continued until our passing out which fell on my birthday again. Do you know she came for the passing out even when she was not passing out. she came to me with her friend and told the friend that this is the Godwin she has been telling her friend about. Well i moved over to the restaurant and as i turned back she was right behind me with her friend and she mentioned to her friend that that day was my birthday. I bought drinks for them but did not discuss much with them and i took my leave. That was suppose to be the end cause we never saw again until16 years later at my hometown motorpark just a few weeks to my traditional wedding. She was just alighting from a cab and saw me she smiled and was coming to tease me as usual so i just told her guess what - i am getting married . She then ask me where my wife is from i told her , the next thing was that her countenance changed. That was how i was able to let her know that you can not eat your cake and have it in a love situation. I hope you enjoyed reading my story but it was meant to teach a lesson to our youngsters.
Re: Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by Vansnickers: 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2012
DELETED
Re: Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by SAFO(m): 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2012
What cake? 16 years cake don spoil sha.

Funny story though.
Re: Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by Killz3(m): 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2012
OP, did you say 16 years later or 6 years later?
Re: Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by Oluwa4Sure: 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2012
OKay!!  grin grin grin Guy sharp sharp you don open another Llibary here oh!!! grin grin grin

I enjoy your story sha!!!
but the lesson go really
suit girls the most as we
the guys nai dey marry!!
lol
Re: Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by lillys(f): 11:27pm On Feb 13, 2012
~Killz~:

my thoughts exactly
Re: Can You Eat Your Cake And Have It In Love by mashnino(m): 12:56am On Feb 14, 2012
~Killz~:

na werin i be wan ask sef

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Find A Good / Nice Girl? / Cheating Or Not ? / Wana Knw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.