Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed (24331 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / 2015 Budget: Reps Query Illegal N222b On Subsidy / Subsidy 101: Q &A On Subsidy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 14, 2012
Murtala can be remembered for so many things including masterminding the Asaba massacre. RIP Murtala.

Murtala Mohammed was a very violent man. His death was simply nemesis. The faiths had a strong hand in his death and the way he died. That is the working of nature.
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by werepeLeri: 7:19am On Feb 14, 2012
there are too many tribal scoundrels on NairaLand. These are the people who will go abroad and be shouting racism from the white folks - may their likes be wiped off the land in their hundreds, eediots.

To those who dont see anything good in GEJ- I beg of you, put aside your hatred, chill, take a break and at least let one or two of your family members enjoy the job creation and other palliatives instead of just wasting time and spewing rass on NairaLand.
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by BetaThings: 7:26am On Feb 14, 2012
Buhari-1:

[b]MURTALA MUHAMMED

As the leader of the counter-coup, Murtala Muhammed commanded almost mythical loyalty from northern soldiers. He was from an influential northern family with close links to the NPC, and his uncle Inuwa Wada, was the former Defence Minister. Even when Gowon became the Head of State, he remained the power behind the throne. If anyone was going to rebel against a perceived anti-northern regime - it was Murtala. He would not tolerate disobedience from his subordinates, despite himself having "very little respect for constituted authority" (see Oluleye: "Military Leadership In Nigeria"wink.

The northern officers were joined by a number of federal secretaries, two Judges, prominent northern civil servants and by British and American diplomats who asked the northern soldiers to drop their plan to secede from the federation. As negotiations continued in Ikeja, the explosive Lt-Col Murtala Muhammed was the most vociferous and uncompromising advocate of northern secession. The civilian participants managed to persuade the northern soldiers to drop their secessionist plan, and their most senior member; Lt-Col Gowon was appointed Head of State.

The coup in Lagos was initiated by Lts Nathan and Nasarawa who managed affairs until their superiors; Lt-Col Murtala Muhammed, Major Martin Adamu, Shittu Alao, and Baba Usman arrived.

At the Ikeja airport in Lagos, northern troops commanded by Murtala Mohammed took over the airport and hijacked a British plane which they intended to use to ferry their families back to northern Nigeria after the northern region’s secession. Captain Okoye who was passing through Ikeja airport, was captured, tied to an iron cross, beaten and left to die an agonising death in the guardroom. A detachment of troops sent to try to recapture the airport was ambushed and routed by northern soldiers. In an irony of fate, ten years later, the international airport at Ikeja was renamed after the man who had captured it by force.

Some Igbo soldiers were able to escape from Lagos due to the clemency of Captain Mumadu of the 1st Brigade signals troops who allowed them to flee. [/b]

Revisiting History: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651793.0.html

Hmmm, interesting.
Rewriting History
Tell us about the first coup and those who died since you are interested in history

1 Like

Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by BetaThings: 7:29am On Feb 14, 2012
moderattor:

GEJ has in less than 3yrs proven to be Nigeria's greatest President!
Typical. No evidence. Nothing. Just a declaration
And every president is the greatest while in office
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by simpleseyi: 7:41am On Feb 14, 2012
Yes GEJ is Nigeria's best president ever.
1. GEJ is the first civilian president to send armed soldiers to stop peaceful protest when armed groups are terrorizing other parts of the country, even Obasanjo the monster only sent soldiers to rebels as in Odi village.
2. GEJ is the first Nigeria's president and commander in chief to be afraid to confront cabals
3. GEJ is the first Nigeria's president to pay 1.7 trillion naira as petrol subsidy to cabals
4. GEJ is the first Nigeria's president to be locked inside the rock because boko haram told him not to go to eagle square for the independent day celebration.
5. GEJ is the first Nigeria's president to call the great chinua achebe names because chinua achebe rejected GEJ national award.
6. GEJ is the first Nigeria's president without a shoe while he was young and now wants everyone to be shoeless except the cabals
7. GEJ is the first Nigeria's president with a grammarian as wife.
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by benzion72(m): 7:55am On Feb 14, 2012
Does GEJ has unemployment record.
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 14, 2012
No. Datz ALIEN TO US. We don't need numbers that mislead (litres consumed per day etc). But it will be good to state that 1.8trillon doesn't confuse, 'cos it is packaged in GMG, Private Bank accts etc

benzion72:

Does GEJ has unemployment record.
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by lagcity(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2012
Murtala is a hero to us tongue. Ibo cry babies shld go and bury themselves along with Ojuku cheesy. Ibo savages killed Aare Kakanfo Samuel Akintola and Sir Balewa. angry You have blood on your hands and will remain cursed till you repent and stop whining.
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by BERNIMOORE: 9:25am On Feb 14, 2012
Oga na 36yrs ago not 26yrs, every other things said; we dey watch ooo.

HE ACTUALLY PRONOUNCED 36YRS AGO. BUT BLAME THE PRESS REPORTER FOR THE ERROR AND NOT THE PRESIDENT,

IF WE CANT APPRECIATE SOMEONE WITH GOOD MOTIVES BUT LOOKING TO ANY SLIGHT MISTAKE PASS INSULT ON MR PRESIDENT, ITS UNFAIR.
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by mbaemeka(m): 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2012
simpleseyi:

We are talking about Murtala Mohammed and the only things some people from the East can remember are his actions at the war front. What do you expect him to do during the war? Hug his enemies who are at the war to eliminate him and his battalion? Murtala Mohammed fought gallantly during the war and he deserves praises for that. You talk about the many Ibos that were killed, what about the Yorubaa and Hausas that Ibo soldiers killed or are you saying that through out the war, Biafran soldiers did not kill anyone from the other side? These are the same people that accuse Obabanjo of being too brutal at the war front. Is the war front a place to kiss your enemies? I don't know why Ibo parents are bringing up their children to hate other tribes. You said Awolowo betrayed Ibos during the war, but an Ibo man, Azikwe was the President and a Hausa man the Prime Minister when Awolowo was jailed for Treason and Treasonable Felony, yet Yorubas will not say Ibo and Hausa betrayed them by sending Awolowo to jailed.

Awolowo had the choice of supporting any of the parties during the civil war and he opted to support the Nigerian Army, whether that decision was right or not is Awo's problem, but he had two choices and he went with his heart. Ekweme and Shagari rigged Awolowo out in 1979 and 1983, yet, Yorubas will not cry over that. Any group of people that rise up in rebellion against a constituted government should be ready for the consequences.

Ojukwu was and is still a great man, I am very sure Ojukwu will never ever say that Awolowo betrayed him or that Murtala Mohammed commit genocide, Biafrans fought a war and they lost. Shikena Sometimes you lose and sometimes you win. Count your losses and move on with you life and stop bringing up your children to hate other tribes.

you have your history lessons skewwed up miserably. Eventhough i do not like this tribalism being perpetuated by many nairalanders i think you have either unwittingly or mischievously skewwed your facts to blurt out that rubbish you put there as a reason to endorse such cruelty.
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by enomakos(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2012
nonsense
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by vanstanzy(m): 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2012
werepeLeri:

there are too many tribal scoundrels on NairaLand. These are the people who will go abroad and be shouting racism from the white folks - may their likes be wiped off the land in their hundreds, eediots.

To those who dont see anything good in GEJ- I beg of you, put aside your hatred, chill, take a break and at least let one or two of your family members enjoy the job creation and other palliatives instead of just wasting time and spewing rass on NairaLand.
@werepeleri
Ur evil prayer will never be answered. What makes u better than them? At least ur username for one sounds like an acursed thing. Try changing it then change the man in the mirror before critisizing.
I laugh at ur obvious shallow mindedness. As long as CORRUPTION REIGNS SUPREME IN OUR POLITY jobs, my friend, will be obscure. President Jonathans policy, though good, will fail just like the others. U ought to know that, my friend.
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by werepeLeri: 9:27pm On Feb 14, 2012
vanstanzy:

@werepeleri
Ur evil prayer will never be answered. What makes u better than them? At least ur username for one sounds like an acursed thing. Try changing it then change the man in the mirror before critisizing.
I laugh at ur obvious shallow mindedness. As long as CORRUPTION REIGNS SUPREME IN OUR POLITY jobs, my friend, will be obscure. President Jonathans policy, though good, will fail just like the others. U ought to know that, my friend.

what the fu ck is your business with my name? You may be accursed, and I am sure your entire family is - next time, shut the fu ck up when it concerns someone's username - whats your problem with it? eedddiot. My shallow mindedness, as in what? What have you even said? nothing, just ranting because you have a cheap internet and a ten kobo laptop, MOFO>
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by dayokanu(m): 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
Murtala muhammed is definitely a hero
Re: SURE-P: President Jonathan On Subsidy Reinvestment And Murtala Mohammed by omenala(m): 11:10pm On Feb 14, 2012
Yeah and am sure if hitler was a nigerian muslim from the north he too would also be seen as a hero today!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Samuel Anyanwu Dares EFCC To Plant Money In His House To What'll Happen / Controversy Lingers As Appeal Court Overrules Malami On Electoral Act / My Telephone Numbers Cloned—Governor Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.