Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State (3057 Views)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / Gov. Okorocha To Build School For Adamawa IDPs / Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by Marlboro1: 6:20am On Feb 15, 2012
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorochas has pledged to establish 3 universities in the state. The Governor who is still moving Imo University to Obiohia in Ideator South LGA pledged to have universities in the 3 senatorial zones in the long run. In his State of Imo address on Tuesday, he said "it is worrisome that since the inception, this university has operated from a temporary site and for this reason, government has decided to move it to a permanent site. It is also the desire of this administartion to establish 3 universities in the 3 senatorial zones and I believe this will bring the needless controversy over the relocation of the university to a close'.

For full text of his speech, you can visit imostate blog dot c*m
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by ektbear: 7:00am On Feb 15, 2012
Why not just expand existing ones?
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by sheyguy: 7:16am On Feb 15, 2012
He is trying to satisfy all senetorial constituency equally . . . This is the same thinking that has left Nigeria with 42 ministries, most of which serves no unique purpose.
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by ektbear: 8:07am On Feb 15, 2012
Was his minister of comedic affairs also a senate constituency thing?
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by joeyfire(m): 9:14am On Feb 15, 2012
I like rochas and his hands on approach. He's doing a marvelous job on the permanent site of IMSU i agree but i cant fathom why he plans to have 3 universities. Imo already has IMSU, Alvan Ikoku College and Nekede Poly. He should just expand capacity and focus on quality instead of quantity.

Anyways the man is full of surprises, i wish him well
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by ranlaen: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2012
another white elephant.
Why is it in Nigeria we never repair or expand what we have before running to spent billions on new things .
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by gregg2: 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
Amosun is here scrapping Universities just
because there were set up by Gbenga Daniel.
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by sirjec(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2012
ekt_bear:

Why not just expand existing ones?

Good one but the existing one is in town the heart of the state capital. They don't even have hostels because there is no land for that so moving it to permanent site is a good one. Besides the school causes hold ups on the capital
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by houvest: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2012
No need for that. Expand and have heavy campuses in all senatorial zones instead of that.
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by KnowAll(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
good idea I must say, how can a whole state have only one university and we say we are developing. London a city has more than 5 Universities, 3 University for a state is not too much. It means many of the graduates leaving school yearly would have places to look for jOBS. If those Universities employs 3000 people per Uni, that is 9,000 people gainfully employed in the state, 9000 people who would be paying taxes to the Goverment. So really it is a win-win sitiuation.
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by Dede1(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
Rochas Okorocha is an irredeemable dingbat. It is unfortunate he has introduced nepotistic behavior into Imo State polity by his decision to move Imo State University to Ideato South LGA, his ancestral home. He and his blindfolded supporters should realize that Rochas Okorocha will not be last governor of Imo State and next governor should follow his foot step and move Imo State University to his or her LGA.

Rochas Okorocha should concentrate on the creating economic infrastructures which in turn provide jobs to people of Imo State. The existing universities in Imo State are churning out enough unemployable graduates that are fast becoming kidnappers. It is mindboggling to perceive the level of misguided support granted to Okorocha’s feel-happy and empty rhetoric promises by semi-blind people of Imo State.
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by Yeske2(m): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2012
Too bad he's playing politics with the state's finance, I'm sure Imo state would go bankrupt soon. Why establish three new universities instead of expanding the existing ones beats me.
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by KnowAll(m): 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
Too bad he's playing politics with the state's finance, I'm sure Imo state would go bankrupt soon. Why establish three new universities instead of expanding the existing ones beats me.

Imo State has the largest number of candidates with a pass mark in Jamb that cannot for one reason or the other proceed to a Higher Instituion and the current setup at Imo State Uni cannot absorb this spill-over hence the reasons why more Universities needs to be established. It would be fool-hardy for Kebbi state to make such pronoucement when bearly 200 people pass school cert a yearly.
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by uken73(m): 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2014
This is now 2014, any update on this? Has the 3 Universities been setup?
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by EasternLeopard: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
Misplaced priority

Imo is unfortunate to have a governor who thinks like a Northerner.

God help us
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by uken73(m): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
EasternLeopard: Misplaced priority

Imo is unfortunate to have a governor who thinks like a Northerner.

God help us
Do you know if these universities were built?
Re: Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Establish 3 Universities In Imo State by Forzap: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
KnowAll:

good idea I must say, how can a whole state have only one university and we say we are developing. London a city has more than 5 Universities, 3 University for a state is not too much. It means many of the graduates leaving school yearly would have places to look for jOBS. If those Universities employs 3000 people per Uni, that is 9,000 people gainfully employed in the state, 9000 people who would be paying taxes to the Goverment. So really it is a win-win sitiuation.

SMH undecided

(1) (Reply)

JFK Present An Abraham Lincoln Bust To Tafawa Balewa.(pic) / Governor Lamido Berates Jonathan Administration / Femi Fani-k Calls Gov Amaechi Pot Bellied, Houseboy And Cockroach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.