Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1026) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8691722 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 9:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
My dear friends and fans of our great club manchester united let's ignore the comments of some haters and let's move on with our normal discussions.

Haters goiner hate UNITED GONNA KEEP WINNING...GGMU!.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
raumdeuter:

Try get an education. slimeball
Hmmmmm.... Yhu are a real clown
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
raumdeuter:

Try get an education. slimeball

You have no point man, "buh". who doesn't know what this means, "are you representative" no! You are the one who needs an education, stop being foolish, no offence, just a friendly advice

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
dopeJemi:

You have no point man, "buh". who doesn't know what this means, stop being foolish, no offence, just a friendly advice
Wicked..... Man Utd Fans Dealing With Scums Since 1818
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Seriously They Lack Both Formal and Informal Education!
See dhis swine ooo.... Jeez!! Ah aint got ya time.... Go play with 'em pigs at the borough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
coogar:

nah, young isn't back. we still have 6 players injured - wilson, young, jones, carrick, lingard & fellaini.

arsenal are now leading the injury table with 7 players. we are joint second with everton & stoke. chelsea & sunderland are bottom with no single injured player.

We're getting better. Others turns are coming
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
chrisley024: We're getting better. Others turns are coming

whatever happens, i just hope nothing tampers with blackett's progress. i like how van gaal praised him in his presser today.

let evans/jones/smalling compete for the other slot next to blackett. they have played worse than blackett this season. rojo is solid too & shaw is yet untested.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Training for the LCFC game

Winning our next 3 games will give alot of confidence for the Chelsea match. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
dopeJemi:

You have no point man, "buh". who doesn't know what this means, "are you representative" no! You are the one who needs an education, stop being foolish, no offence, just a friendly advice

Can you suggest what the correct version is? Display your illiteracy in public
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 12:08am On Sep 20, 2014
raumdeuter:
You sound like an illiterate. Are you representative of the average manure fan? It must suck being you anyway
dopeJemi:
The irony
Buh that's none of my business

Absolutely nothing wrong with the grammar there. Quit giving dayo a reason to yab United fans abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:51am On Sep 20, 2014
Purist:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the grammar there. Quit giving dayo a reason to yab United fans abeg.

LOL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:50am On Sep 20, 2014
Purist:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:51am On Sep 20, 2014
Purist:

Its either u've lost the ability to read or u never had it

I'll assume u were blind to the error

"Are you __ representative" - "A"

If u can comprehend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:26am On Sep 20, 2014
coogar:

whatever happens, i just hope nothing tampers with blackett's progress. i like how van gaal praised him in his presser today.

let evans/jones/smalling compete for the other slot next to blackett. they have played worse than blackett this season. rojo is solid too & shaw is yet untested.

Can't blackett be played at the right side of defence, In order to accommodate both rojo and shaw, cause if blackett plays at the left side, shaw and rojo will have to fight for the left back spot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IKILL: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2014
Purist:

Let me assume u were high last night, obviously you are not blind

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IKILL: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2014
dopeJemi:

Can't blackett be played at the right side of defence, In order to accommodate both rojo and shaw, cause if blackett plays at the left side, shaw and rojo will have to fight for the left back spot

With his football intelligence and composure, I think he can
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neldrizzy(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2014
Kill them all! i say kill them all... Man utd go deal with some pple sha!! Assnal Chelsea etc go 2much collect... #GGMU i feel proud and honoured 2 be a UNITED fan!!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2014
dopeJemi:

If u can comprehend

Guy, you really need to calm down!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:16am On Sep 20, 2014
codedguy1:

Guy, you really need to calm down!

Reason?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:16am On Sep 20, 2014
IKILL:

With his football intelligence and composure, I think he can

Hopefully
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:32am On Sep 20, 2014
^^
Blackett is a lefty so his present position is the best n should remain untouched.

I wouldn't play Rojo at the centre half, he's rash for that position. He should fight for the LB with Shaw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 9:34am On Sep 20, 2014
Neldrizzy: Kill them all! i say kill them all... Man utd go deal with some pple sha!! Assnal Chelsea etc go 2much collect... #GGMU i feel proud and honoured 2 be a UNITED fan!!!
mehn ahm sure of 6points from assnal dis season cool

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2014
chrisley024:
Blackett is a lefty so his present position is the best n should remain untouched.

I wouldn't play Rojo at the centre half, he's rash for that position. He should fight for the LB with Shaw.
being lefty no mean anything, he's a footballer & a CB. we can play two lefties in CB if they are the guys fit & ready. Rio & Vidic were both righties & they held CB partnership for six seasons. just like we can use two righties CF..
inter Milan once had Vieri, Martins & Adriano; three lefties CF starting cheesy
I think Shaw will get the LB once he's fit, and Rojo compete for a place in CB
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2014
dopeJemi: Its either u've lost the ability to read or u never had it

If u can comprehend

Bros chill. . .

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the statement.

[img]http://static.dyp.im/P3ShnDCiwp/0d5e52d0fbdb7fd767b31277a8328a34.PNG[/img]

"Representative" as used in the statement is not a noun, but an adjective. Adjectives don't carry articles!

The highlighted at number 3 in the above image perfectly suits the usage.

Dem nor teach una syntax?

You better nor let dem grammarians come begin pelt una with rotten eggs and tomatoes. tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2014
dopeJemi:

If u can comprehend

IKILL:
Let me assume u were high last night, obviously you are not blind

LOL. Are these guys for real? Chai! Naija education system ehn... cheesy grin

I know it's a trend in this sports section especially to throw jabs so as to seem tough (or cool) but y'all need to calm down.

"Are you representative of..." is a very grammatically correct statement. The word "representative" as used in the sentence serves as an adjective, rather than the noun you both obviously assume it should be.

The inclusion of the indefinite article "a" before "representative" would change the meaning of the statement altogether.

Are you representative of the average United fan? - Do you typify/epitomize/embody the average United fan? (which is what dayo meant).

Are you a representative of the average United fan? - This is not even grammatically correct due to the inclusion of "the average", but if we were to ignore that, it's basically a question that asks if you are an agent or delegate of United fans (which is not what dayo was asking).

You are welcome. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2014
SailorXY:
being lefty no mean anything, he's a footballer & a CB. we can play two lefties in CB if they are the guys fit & ready. Rio & Vidic were both righties & they held CB partnership for six seasons.
I think Shaw will get the LB once he's fit, and Rojo compete for a place in CB
I said his best position. It's better to play him there cos he'll perform better. Same reason it's better to play a lefty at the LB than at the RB.

Righties are more versatile since most of them can use their left better than lefties can use their right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2014
Maybank teams up with Manchester United
ABS-CBNnews.com Posted at 09/20/2014 8:22 AM | Updated as of 09/20/2014 8:22 AM MANILA, Philippines -
Maybank Philippines has launched a new credit card targeted at fans of popular Premiere League football team Manchester United.
The Maybank-Manchester United credit card powered by Visa is
the first international sports franchise co-branded credit card in
the Philippines. Maybank and Manchester United rolled out their first co- branded credit card in 2011 in Malaysia. Filipino fans of ManU will be able to enjoy discounts and privileges with the card. For instance, cardholders will enjoy 5x TreatsPoints every time the Manchester United wins a Premiere League match. They can also get a 20 percent discount if they go on a tour in the Manchester United museum and stadium.
"We made the Maybank – Manchester United Credit Card ideal for active and sports-oriented Filipinos as we have partnered with various sports retail stores, fitness centers and sports bars where they can enjoy discounts which is on top of the region- wide privileges offered by Maybank – Manchester United Credit Card” said Maybank Philippines, Inc. Vice-President and Cards Head Eden Leah V. Estrella.
"We are delighted not only to have extended, but also expandedour relationship with Maybank across Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines. The Club has almost 22 million followers, all of who can now take advantage of all of the great products and services Maybank has to offer,” said Manchester United Group Managing Director, Richard Arnold.
The Maybank-Manchester United Credit Card also offers discounts at Planet Sports, 360 Fitness Club, GNC Live Well, Urban Ashram Manila, Hooters Philippines, among others. Maybank – Manchester United applications will receive a free P1,000 Planet Sports Gift Certificate for complete applications.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2014
nitlad:

Bros chill. . .

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the statement.

<image>

"Representative" as used in the statement is not a noun, but an adjective. Adjectives don't carry articles!

The highlighted at number 3 in the above image perfectly suits the usage.

Dem nor teach una syntax?

You better nor let dem grammarians come begin pelt una with rotten eggs and tomatoes. tongue

Lol... you beat me to it. I tire mehn. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Purist:

LOL. Are these guys for real? Chai! Naija education system ehn... cheesy grin

I know it's a trend in this sports section especially to throw jabs so as to seem tough (or cool) but y'all need to calm down.

"Are you representative of..." is a very grammatically correct statement. The word "representative" as used in the sentence serves as an adjective, rather than the noun you both obviously assume it should be.

The inclusion of the indefinite article "a" before "representative" would change the meaning of the statement altogether.

Are you representative of the average United fan? - Do you typify/epitomize/embody the average United fan? (which is what dayo meant).

Are you a representative of the average United fan? - This is not even grammatically correct due to the inclusion of "the average", but if we were to ignore that, it's basically a question that asks if you are an agent or delegate of United fans (which is not what dayo was asking).

You are welcome. cool

I'll wait for dayo, buh hang around
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 10:19am On Sep 20, 2014
Purist: Lol... you beat me to it. I tire mehn. cheesy

Enough Orijin dey Elder DopeJemi system ni, na im make the bros they hyper. . . grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neldrizzy(m): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2014
iheanyi40: mehn ahm sure of 6points from assnal dis season cool
that one naa sure naa..grin grin no debating abt it... #GGMU

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:19am On Sep 20, 2014
chrisley024: I said his best position. It's better to play him there cos he'll perform better. Same reason it's better to play a lefty at the LB than at the RB.

Righties are more versatile since most of them can use their left better than lefties can use their right.

Rojo and shaw shouldn't be fighting for a spot, rojo and blackett should

(1) (2) (3) ... (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.