Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1028) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8789114 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
1 assist, 1 goal.

That has got to be the sexiest assist so far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kashmo: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
elampiro:

Who?

Not you bro, the few Welbeck bashers grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
is going to become a weekly feature. every week Welbeck doesn't score, some will gloat and bash him. when he does score, others will also come to gloat.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Katsumoto: 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
montelik: is going to become a weekly feature. every week Welbeck doesn't score, some will gloat and bash him. when he does score, others will also come to gloat.

What will make the commentary really interesting would be if Welbeck scores more goals than RVP & Falcao at the end of the season. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
Katsumoto:

What will make the commentary really interesting would be if Welbeck scores more goals than RVP & Falcao at the end of the season. grin grin grin grin grin grin

that is expected - welbeck gets 90 mins in every league game but there's no way RVP, falcao and rooney can cop 90 mins in every game. one of them must sit on the bench.

where's ruudie?? grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Katsumoto: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
coogar:

that is expected - welbeck gets 90 mins in every league game but there's no way RVP, falcao and rooney can cop 90 mins in every game. one of them must sit on the bench.

Oh come on, surely you are not making excuses already. grin grin grin grin grin

Welbeck will also share duties with Giroud, Sanogo, & Podolski.

I expect RVP & Falcao to score more goals than Welbeck.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hernandez off the mark at real...what a goal!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Katsumoto:

welbeck shares duties with no one. he's the CF till december or january, that's why arsenal paid £16m for him.

welbeck would complete 180 league mins by the end of today, falcao is still on 20 mins.....even if he completes 90 tomorrow, he's still way behind welbeck.

the goals would be shared among united strikers, welbeck is the sole arrow head for arsenal until january. sanogo will not feature again until carling cup games come up again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
kashmo:
Not you bro, the few Welbeck bashers grin

Lol.

He is not near as bad as those guys would make us think. His ability to convert a clear cut chance in the EPL is second to none. He was outstanding at converting CCC last season in the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
Dadehmola: Hernandez off the mark at real...what a goal!!

Our strikers will always do well once shared into separate clubs. It's a burden having too many strikers and less creators from midfield in a team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
hernarndez...2goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
coogar:

Nice that you seek me out... oya tell me how many chances it took Welbeck to score today as against the BVB game!?

elampiro:
Lol.
He is not near as bad as those guys would make us think. His ability to convert a clear cut chance in the EPL is second to none. He was outstanding at converting CCC last season in the EPL.

So if it isn't a CCC, Welbeck won't score!?

Anyway, no time for argument - our lord and saviour, LVG shares the same opinion as me on this one and that is why Welbeck isn't a UTD player today!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
Katsumoto:

I can put my money on it that Welbeck's tally (UCL, FA, League, Capital-1) will not beat that of any of UTD's strikers (RVP, Falcao, Rooney)!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
RuuDie:
Nice that you seek me out... oya tell me how many chances it took Welbeck to score today as against the BVB game!?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1721002_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

can you see the difference? grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
Chicha got a brace today. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
Is like na L'pool position we go take o undecided grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
coogar:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1721002_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

can you see the difference? grin cheesy

I just love how you hang yourself with your own rope... Welbeck scored with his second attempt not on the third nor on the fourth!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
RuuDie:

I just love how you hang yourself with your own rope... Welbeck scored with his second attempt not on the third nor on the fourth!

it doesn't matter how the chances come.....the fact of the matter is he will score goals if his midfield creates plenty of chances for him.

if we were to go with your logic, then he should have scored another goal in the 4th attempt. since he got a goal from his second attempt. it doesn't work that way.

it's like saying the first child of 2 AS couple would be SS. the science didn't say that. it said at least one in 4 of their kids would be SS. it could be any of the 4 kids - 1st, 3rd or 4th.

the theory is - welbeck needs 4-5 chances to score. whichever one he takes in those 5 chances is his own prerogative. all i know is he will score at least one out of 5 chances.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
dopeJemi:

You have no point man, "buh". who doesn't know what this means, "are you representative" no! You are the one who needs an education, stop being foolish, no offence, just a friendly advice

Do you now see how the money spent on your education should have been spent on rearing squirrels

When I say half of EPL fans are stark illiterates.

I gave you a long enough rope to hang yourself and you have shamed everyone involved in your education

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
Purist:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the grammar there. Quit giving dayo a reason to yab United fans abeg.

You sef see am yourself. Bunch of illiterates
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
dopeJemi:

Its either u've lost the ability to read or u never had it

I'll assume u were blind to the error

"Are you __ representative" - "A"

If u can comprehend

Thats the wrong thing with Nigerian education
Dem no sabi, dem go still dey argue. Na wetin NECO and miracle centers cause for we country be dis
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
Purist:

LOL. Are these guys for real? Chai! Naija education system ehn... cheesy grin

I know it's a trend in this sports section especially to throw jabs so as to seem tough (or cool) but y'all need to calm down.

"Are you representative of..." is a very grammatically correct statement. The word "representative" as used in the sentence serves as an adjective, rather than the noun you both obviously assume it should be.

The inclusion of the indefinite article "a" before "representative" would change the meaning of the statement altogether.

Are you representative of the average United fan? - Do you typify/epitomize/embody the average United fan? (which is what dayo meant).

Are you a representative of the average United fan? - This is not even grammatically correct due to the inclusion of "the average", but if we were to ignore that, it's basically a question that asks if you are an agent or delegate of United fans (which is not what dayo was asking).

You are welcome. cool

A basic IQ and literacy test should be administered before people are allowed to post and shame their society online.

So a foreigner would be reading this and wont wonder how these folks qualify as graduates. Maybe na miracle center parole sef

No wonder they insist Nigerians take TOEFL nowadays
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
nitlad:

Bros chill. . .

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the statement.

[img]http://static.dyp.im/P3ShnDCiwp/0d5e52d0fbdb7fd767b31277a8328a34.PNG[/img]

"Representative" as used in the statement is not a noun, but an adjective. Adjectives don't carry articles!

The highlighted at number 3 in the above image perfectly suits the usage.

Dem nor teach una syntax?

You better nor let dem grammarians come begin pelt una with rotten eggs and tomatoes. tongue

You sef see me see trouble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
raumdeuter:

Do you now see how the money spent on your education should have been spent on rearing [size=28pt]squirells[/size]

When I say half of EPL fans are stark illiterates.

I gave you a long enough rope to hang yourself and you have shamed everyone involved in your education

Dayo....What is a squirell?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
dopeJemi:

I'll wait for dayo, buh hang around

Wait for me? You better find the address of your English teacher from primary 3 and stone him publicly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
Bwahahaha Raumdeuter don go edit en post grin grin

That awful moment when you gbagaun while correcting someone's English cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
why this raum-wetin dey form papas here because of english language? abeg go one side, we dey yan football here jare! NECO & shyte no concern nobody here

besides, *in Abacha's voice* Is English yo fava's languije
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
Balotelli tho.. Minus penalties I'm sure lord Bendtner has more career goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
Liver lool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
Liverfools going back to where they belong....they must jjust enjoy their CL experience while it last
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Brisingr(m): 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Liverpool's need to keep Playing Steven G out of some semblance of respect or loyalty will make them drop out of top 4.
As a Utd fan can't complain .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Liverpool showing last season was a fluke of
less games + no injuries + Suarez. West Ham
deserved the good win. Now lets overtake
them!
And Hernandez scoring a real stunner,
wonderful to see him scoring again. As much
as we can criticize about his all round play
(which is the irony consider we are saying the
opposite about Welbeck) I feel the lack of
quality in midfield and wing play didn’t help
him at all. Who knows, if Falcao doesn’t work
out, a Hernandez on form is still a decent
choice to have

(1) (2) (3) ... (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.