Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1042) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8743336 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2014
Our attacking through the middle was better yesterday than against QPR, despite Leicester playing like it was a rugby game.

Our attacking through the middle was 29%, our season average has been 26%.

For the first we attacked most from the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:17am On Sep 22, 2014
Sep 22, 2014 08:49:00
COMMENT: The two captains both appear
untouchable but have been partly to blame for
their sides' disappointing starts to the 2014-15
season
By Greg Stobart
One of the perks of being captain of a leading
Premier League side is that it means you are
likely to start and play for 90 minutes in most
matches even in an age of rotation where top
internationals are often left on the bench.
Yet there were signs over the weekend at the
two most decorated clubs in the country that
the armband on certain players is more like a
weight around the team's neck.
Liverpool and Manchester United started the
season full of optimism but the form of their
two skippers - Steven Gerrard and Wayne
Rooney - has come to represent horrible starts
to the new campaign.
Louis van Gaal said on Friday that Rooney, as
captain, can expect to enjoy "privileges" by
starting most games in a season and staying on
the pitch when the time comes to make
substitutions.
It provides a position of great comfort for a
player who many would suggest does not
deserve a place in United's new-look starting
XI. The startling 5-3 defeat against Leicester on
Sunday was just one example of why.
One of the abiding images from the match will
be the sight of Rooney furiously screaming at
his team-mates after the Foxes had equalised
to make it 3-3, showing a complete lack of
self-awareness given he had conceded
possession in the first place in the build-up.
It was not the mark of true leadership but an
angry vent from a player who has never been
considered a natural leader and has already let
his selfishness and greed shine through at
United on at least two occasions with contract
stand-offs.
Funnily enough, the man he appeared to single
out for the most criticism for that third goal -
20-year-old rookie Tyler Blackett - was later
sent-off after conceding a penalty. It's hard to
imagine Rooney's rant did much good for his
mental state. Rooney would have been better
off worrying about his own game. Save for a
simple pass to set up Angel Di Maria's stunning
goal, the United and England captain was
clumsy, clunky and predictable.
While Juan Mata started on the bench and Di
Maria and Radamel Falcao ended on it, Rooney
enjoyed the 'privilege' of staying on the pitch
for the full 90 minutes. There are now
legitimate questions over whether Rooney
deserves a place alongside the likes of Falcao,
Di Maria and Robin van Persie. His tendency to
slow the game down does not fit in with Van
Gaal's instincts to play fluid attacking football.
Rooney, Blackett and goalkeeper David de Gea
are the only players who have started each of
United's five Premier League matches so far,
but it is time for Van Gaal to reconsider his
position on his captain. He needs to build
around players like Di Maria, not Rooney.
The England striker slammed United's
shambolic defending in his post-match
interview, but equally concerning for Van Gaal
will be how he can fit an undroppable player
into a team that is now bursting with better
attacking talents.
United's conspiracy to throw away a 2-0 lead
for the first time ever in the Premier League
came less than 24 hours after Liverpool
slumped to their third defeat from their
opening five matches.
The 3-1 loss at West Ham on Saturday was a
disaster for Gerrard. It was not so much that
the Liverpool captain was terrible. It was even
worse - he was anonymous.
The 34-year-old retired from international
football after a dreadful individual World Cup
in order to preserve his legs and provide his
best for Liverpool. But the Reds's injury
problems and Brendan Rodgers's commitment
to his captain meant Gerrard played a third
game in a week at Upton Park.
Sitting in a defensive midfield role away from
home, the statistics make grim reading. Making
zero key passes is bad, but can be overlooked,
however, finishing the game without a single
tackle successfully completed is very worrying.
As Morgan Amalfitano raced away from
Gerrard to score the Hammers' third goal,
Gerrard must have known that he’d had a
stinker. His attempts at defending provided a
timely reminder as to why there was always so
much debate over whether he could play
alongside Frank Lampard for England. Gerrard
is not very good defensively, it goes against all
of his instincts.
Gerrard has dropped deeper and deeper as his
legs have become slower and slower, but we
are nearly at the stage where the Premier
League is just too quick for him. West Ham
copied the trick used by Aston Villa last
weekend by putting a man near the Liverpool
skipper - this time Stewart Downing - and he
simply didn't have any time or space to
operate. He couldn't cope.
While Gerrard still has something to offer, his
seemingly guaranteed place is starting to weigh
Liverpool down. Their start has been
unacceptable, especially after finishing second
last season and vowing not to 'do a Tottenham'
following the sale of Luis Suarez.
And how Rodgers uses his captain will be one
of the urgent issues he needs to resolve.
LAMPARD'S BITTERSWEEET CHELSEA
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:19am On Sep 22, 2014
ElFenomeno1: I cant get my head round how a team worth about £150m with a plethora of big names, will go 3 - 1 up in a football match against an average side and still end up losing the game 5 - 3!

Van Gaal should be docked this week's wages, same as all of the players.... MUFC is joke.
Same question I asked Real Madrid fans after their game against Real Sociedad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:23am On Sep 22, 2014
PietroRico: I swear. How long is his injury again sef.
He should be fit this wkend or next.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2014
chrisley024: My problem with Rooney yesterday was his shouting at the defence(to Blackett in particular) at 3-3. That doesn't show leadership.

See how this write-up puts it:

This writer's spitting rubbish about a game we all saw. Blackett had made two tackles in the first half that I old my friend if he had missed the ball it should have been red card. Rooney is a new leader and the coach will correct anything he feels is wrong. If the defenders that done their part well, Rooney wouldn't be clearing in the box twice from open play. And a miscue clearance doesn't mean the load of denders in the box should relax.

The writer is one of those guys who are jealous of Rooney's wages and popularity. You can see he was biased in his overall assessment, apart from the goal incidence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2014
ElFenomeno1: I cant get my head round how a team worth about £150m with a plethora of big names, will go 3 - 1 up in a football match against an average side and still end up losing the game 5 - 3!

Van Gaal should be docked this week's wages, same as all of the players.... MUFC is joke.
hopefully you can pull your head out of your azz and reason better than a douche cheesy
why are you always in a joke team's thread?
plethora of big names ... asusu bekee
abeg shamfa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2014
elampiro:

This writer's spitting rubbish about a game we all saw. Blackett had made two tackles in the first half that I old my friend if he had missed the ball it should have been red card. Rooney is a new leader and the coach will correct anything he feels is wrong. If the defenders that done their part well, Rooney wouldn't be clearing in the box twice from open play. And a miscue clearance doesn't mean the load of denders in the box should relax.

The writer is one of those guys who are jealous of Rooney's wages and popularity. You can see he was biased in his overall assessment, apart from the goal incidence.
cheesy Well, I didn't expect you to agree with anything he said and the write-up was on Gerrard and Rooney and their poor captaincy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:40am On Sep 22, 2014
Rooney did ok but he's not the best player we have for the no. 10 in man utd. as far as I'm concerned, this is not even a debate.
elampiro's preference for pace & pawa is well documented, hence he'll always lean towards players with such qualities; irrespective of intelligence or basic skill.
I still think van Persie should be dropped for the next game & Falcao should be the target striker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:40am On Sep 22, 2014
SailorXY:
hopefully you can pull your head out of your azz and reason better than a douche cheesy
why are you always in a joke team's thread?
plethora of big names ... asusu bekee
abeg shamfa
You are fu..cking drongo!
Why are you supporting a joke team?
Tosspot!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:45am On Sep 22, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
Tosspot!
ok run along now son
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:45am On Sep 22, 2014

One of the abiding images from the match will be the sight of Rooney furiously screaming at his team-mates after the Foxes had equalised to make it 3-3, showing a complete lack of self-awareness given he had conceded possession in the first place in the build-up.

It was not the mark of true leadership but an angry vent from a player who has never been considered a natural leader and has already let his selfishness and greed shine through at United on at least two occasions with contract stand-offs.

Funnily enough, the man he appeared to single out for the most criticism for that third goal - 20-year-old rookie Tyler Blackett - was later sent-off after conceding a penalty. It's hard to imagine Rooney's rant did much good for his mental state.

Rooney would have been better off worrying about his own game. Save for a simple pass to set up Angel Di Maria's stunning goal, the United and England captain was clumsy, clunky and predictable.
While Juan Mata started on the bench and Di Maria and Radamel Falcao ended on it, Rooney enjoyed the 'privilege' of staying on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

they would soon say this was also a witch-hunt. didn't i mention this yesterday about rooney's stüpidity? blaming his own teammate for his own error? leader indeed!!!

LVG's only mistake this season was trusting a failed english player with united's captaincy. even fergie in his illustrious career never really trusted an english player as his captain.

elampiro:
* RVP is a waste of space.
Rooney touches of the ball = 90 times. 3rd behind Herrera and Rojo.
RVP played 90 mins and touched the ball only 39 times, he was only above DDG who touched 32 times. Falcao who played 72 mins touched more than RVP.

* RVP had only 28 passes and still recorded 82% pass accuracy. Rooney had 71 passes and recorded 83% pass accuracy. Rooney had only 7 long balls and 4 were accurate. Now he is the master of short passes.

Rooney 2 interceptions, 2 tackles. RVP 0 tackles, 0 interceptions. Falcao, 1 interception. Rooney one effective clearance, RVP hil.

keep wallowing in your delusion.....
everyone can now see you are a fraud - after accusing me of witch-hunting rooney, the whole world can now see you are the one suffering from the pink eye.....

opta came out with their verdict that rooney was the poorest player in the front 6. 2 journos also back up the claim with observations opta cannot quantify. rooney was lethargic, visionless and useless to the team.

his marriage with LVG would soon be over. LVG will have to save his own neck soon by dumping rooney to the pits where he belongs. how can rooney in the whole 90 mins play only 2 passes to falcao & none to RVP? no single pass to RVP!!!

so in almost 72 mins, rooney only passed to the strikers ahead of him twice? RVP as a striker created equal number of chances as rooney in the hole so what exactly is rooney's role? useless as a striker, worthless as a trequartista
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2014
chrisley024: cheesy Well, I didn't expect you to agree with anything he said and the write-up was on Gerrard and Rooney and their poor captaincy.

Na today Gerald be captain? It's just scapgoating things. Some type nonsense when they are annoyed.

Neville:

Gary Neville has given a scathing assessment of Manchester United's 'soft centre' and suggests they were 'bullied' by Leicester City in the 5-3 defeat at the King Power Stadium.

Gary Neville believes weaknesses in the midfield three and the back four were highlighted at Leicester.

"There's no doubt Manchester United are soft-centred, they're not tough enough. Going forward they're a lot better than they have been in the last 12-18 months and that's a positive.

"But in the first half, every ball that got played forward from distance, a Leicester player won it, whether it was the first ball or the second ball.

In the second half, a decision goes against them but make no mistake about it they're soft-centred. I thought the midfield three for United and the back four got bullied."

[Source: London Evening Standard]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
coogar:

they would soon say this was also a witch-hunt. didn't i mention this yesterday about rooney's stüpidity? blaming his own teammate for his own error? leader indeed!!!

LVG's only mistake this season was trusting a failed english player with united's captaincy. even fergie in his illustrious career never really trusted an english player as his captain.

everyone can now see you are a fraud - after accusing me of witch-hunting rooney, the whole world can now see you are the one suffering from the pink eye.....

opta came out with their verdict that rooney was the poorest player in the front 6. 2 journos also back up the claim with observations opta cannot quantify. rooney was lethargic, visionless and useless to the team.

his marriage with LVG would soon be over. LVG will have to save his own neck soon by dumping rooney to the pits where he belongs. how can rooney in the whole 90 mins play only 2 passes to falcao & none to RVP? no single pass to RVP!!!

so in almost 72 mins, rooney only passed to the strikers ahead of him twice? RVP as a striker created equal number of chances as rooney in the hole so what exactly is rooney's role? useless as a striker, worthless as a trequartista

If it's about articles and ratings, we can easily get millions from the net on players we want to rubbish:

Robin van Persie: RvP definitely doesn’t look like his usual self. van Persie seems to be struggling for form and although he scored a lovely header, he offered little else. That’s partly Robin van Persie’s problem, when he’s not scoring he’s offering little in the way of assists and defensive work. Rooney and Falcao both showed that they’re not afraid to get stuck in and drop deep to pick up the ball and contribute defensively, but RvP didn’t. I think Falcao and Rooney up top with Mata behind is a much better option for United than Robin van Persie and Falcao up top with Rooney behind.  

Fresh Man United.com
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
coogar:

That's is a nonsense article. If it's about articles and ratings, we can easily get millions from the net on players we want to rubbish:

Robin van Persie: RvP definitely doesn’t look like his usual self. van Persie seems to be struggling for form and although he scored a lovely header, he offered little else. That’s partly Robin van Persie’s problem, when he’s not scoring he’s offering little in the way of assists and defensive work. Rooney and Falcao both showed that they’re not afraid to get stuck in and drop deep to pick up the ball and contribute defensively, but RvP didn’t. I think Falcao and Rooney up top with Mata behind is a much better option for United than Robin van Persie and Falcao up top with Rooney behind.  

Fresh Man United.com
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Bimfo:

undecided I also thought U guys have qualified for Champions league football b4 May. grin Abeg still dey Sideline joor.. cheesy
Lmao! 9ice Reply!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mata caused us a goal and a red card. He has never done well against a physical team.

And big games too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
1 of Rooney n Rvp should be bench in our next match abeg...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rafael won't mature in 10 years time, RVP is a waste, offers little, the writer article is a joke, mata was badged off the ball like a kid, lose van joke is a real joke with his comical set up, united should bounce back but the defense line plays too close to the centre , united's worst performance in years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Odunharry: 1 of Rooney n Rvp should be bench in our next match abeg...

rooney should be benched....
he's the one that doesn't fit into the system LVG wants to play.

as a striker, falcao & RVP are better than rooney. as a player in the hole, mata & RVP would be better. look at the images i posted last night.

rooney played 11 passes each to about 4 players behind him and only 2 passes to the ones ahead. falcao & rooney made 1 assist each, why then was rooney rated so poorly?

it's because he slows down the attack. majority of his passes are backwards & sideways which do not help the progress of play. he is not better than mata in the hole nor is he better than falcao/RVP or even wilson as a centre forward.

the article above has summed it up. rooney should be dropped to the bench!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
coogar:

rooney should be benched....he's the one that doesn't fit into the system LVG wants to play.

Recent interviews has shown Van Gaal wont be benching Rooney anytime soon...............
If LVG himself is talking about Rooney having some sort of immunity, then what do you mean by the system LVG wants to play and Rooney not fitting in?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thought man u were back.. What went wrong yesterday?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
our first 3match of d epl season,pre d Qpr match...i was jus shaking my head at Rooney..poor cntrol,pass,positional indiscipline..
Rooney is nt d Rooney i used to know...
Though his perfrmance ysterday improve when cmpared with our first 3Epl match..

As for Rvp,he s begining to lost it..
Now very Slow,
i doubt if defenders especially chelsea defenders still fear him..

Lvg should continue to play falcao n Dimaria in starting eleven..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Recent interviews has shown Van Gaal wont be benching Rooney anytime soon...............
If LVG himself is talking about Rooney having some sort of immunity, then what do you mean by the system LVG wants to play and Rooney not fitting in?!

that immunity would soon disappear when van gaal's neck is put on the line by angry united fans. why should rooney enjoy any privilege based on his seniority & his wishy-washy form in the pre-season?

had the whole squad travelled to the US, you think van gaal woulda made rooney the captain?? rooney became a captain because there's no one else his senior in the team. fletcher was a bench player(in & out of the senior squad) when rooney was bought.

the only other credible player left was van persie who joined only 2 years ago & he was absent in the preseason when can gaal named his captain....captains lead by example on the pitch, not by making a poor clearance & heaping the blame on a rookie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
Tosspot!
Hahahaha Help Me Ask Am Ooh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
coogar:

that immunity would soon disappear when van gaal's neck is put on the line by angry united fans. why should rooney enjoy any privilege based on his seniority & his wishy-washy form in the pre-season?

had the whole squad travelled to the US, you think van gaal woulda made rooney the captain?? rooney became a captain because there's no one else his senior in the team. fletcher was a bench player(in & out of the senior squad) when rooney was bought.

the only other credible player left was van persie who joined only 2 years ago & he was absent in the preseason when can gaal named his captain....captains lead by example on the pitch, not by making a poor clearance & heaping the blame on a rookie.

LVG has to make some tough decisions... I am not sure if dropping Rooney will change anything significantly but i am sure he is under scrutiny

I thought he was impressive yesterday... He put himself about and showed some leadership abilities (motivating team mates and his own work rate in particular) most of the MUFC players require nowadays

However, i agree with you do... the deliverables should be more from him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Tval: Thought man u were back.. What went wrong yesterday?
Ofcourse They're "Back" With 11 Clubs Above Them. Don't You Get It?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Tval: Thought man u were back.. What went wrong yesterday?
Ofcourse They're "Back" With 11 Clubs Above Them. Don't You Get Logic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
LVG has to make some tough decisions... I am not sure if dropping Rooney will change anything significantly but i am sure he is under scrutiny

I thought he was impressive yesterday... He put himself about and showed some leadership abilities (motivating team mates and his own work rate in particular) most of the MUFC players require nowadays

However, i agree with you do... the deliverables should be more from him.

you thought rooney was impressive yesterday, too? you better build a statue for ozil, silva & cesc and worship them day & night. you are easily pleased. if you were a woman, at least 2,000 men would be fücking you every year. grin

is this article also coogar's witchhunt? i have been accused of being rooney's #1 antagonist. i always find faults where there's none when the subject matter is on rooney. maybe coogar also wrote this article. grin

[size=17pt]ROONEY THE WORST OF UNITED'S BAD BUNCH[/size]

There were complaints from Wayne Rooney that his teammates weren't doing their jobs after Esteban Cambiasso rifled home the equaliser. The red-faced striker marched around the pitch in a manner reminiscent of Roberto Mancini's self-combustion on the final day in 2012, barking at everyone and no-one. But Rooney was more to blame for United's performance than anyone.

Indeed, the captain's display reinforced that he is vastly inferior to the other attacking talents now available to Louis van Gaal. His touch was poor, his speed of thought absent, and his passing careless. It was nothing out of the ordinary, leaving United fans scratching their heads at Van Gaal's insistence that his captain "shall always play".

Rooney largely ignored his own errors post-match - such as the one that led to Cambiasso's strike - but his criticism of the defence is obviously justified to a point - whether it will encourage improvement is another matter. With two separate players conceding penalties, a red card for Tyler Blackett, Jonny Evans limping off and Marcos Rojo struggling against Vardy, it was another alarming display at the back.

It will not be easy for Van Gaal to fix either, considering the personnel he is left with. It's hardly enlightening analysis to recognise that United should have invested further in their defence during the summer splurge, but that only makes it more damning that the club failed to strengthen such a vital area of the team. Throwing stacks of cash at Falcao and Angel Di Maria doesn't prove that Ed Woodward is up to a job for which many deem him unsuitable.

What it does mean is that there was a silver lining to United's defeat, with Di Maria in particular oozing class over the first half. His finish to make it 2-0 was sublime, while an opportunistic effort from Falcao almost caught Kasper Schmeichel off his line again after the break, the striker's shot crashing off the cross bar. It's difficult to understand why both were replaced while Rooney remained the focal point of United's attack until the end.

"I have played Rooney as a striker, before Falcao came, but he thinks his best position is behind," said Van Gaal before the match. On Sunday's evidence, it's clear that Rooney should no longer be allowed to call the shots, especially when Juan Mata promises much of the quality his teammate lacks in the No.10 role.

It should also be remembered that Rooney moaned about not playing as a striker following Robin van Persie's arrival - a player's indecision over their best position often hints at a desperate attempt to halt an unstoppable decline. United would surely be stronger without Rooney starting at this stage.

elfenomeno, your thoughts?? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
coogar:
you thought rooney was impressive yesterday, too? you better build a statue for ozil, silva & cesc and worship them day & night. you are easily pleased. if you were a woman, at least 2,000 men would be fücking you every year. grin

I thought he was overall.... and again comparing to previous games this season...

It is arguably his best game of the season so far... with the QPR game as well.

coogar:
is this article also coogar's witchhunt? i have been accused of rooney's antagonist. i always find faults where there's none when the subjectmatter is on rooney. maybe coogar also wrote this article. grin
elfenomeno, your thoughts?? cheesy

If Rooney wasnt replaced, was that his fault? I think that is an issue for LVG to address...... again, maybe this goes back to the 'immunity' or invisibility Rooney seem to be enjoying at the moment...... and most likely will enjoy for many more games to come

Has Mata done anything significant in the number 10 role this season?

I am not sure United will be stronger without Rooney... I know Rooney is not playing to full potential at the moment but i can put my mortgage on it that, United will not get any better if Rooney was to be dropped.

Rooney is needed upfront, he has to be in the mix... It is up to LVG to get the best out of him and accomodate him well within his tactical realm.

RVP is struggling.. Falcao faded away for large spells.... Why so much emphasis on Wayne?

the MUFC attack line is quality no doubt, it is up to LVG to get the best combo from the players at his disposal and get them playing to their full potential and the players need to start pulling out their fu...cking fingers....

At the moment, i just think your defence will be your undoing....... It is disjointed and filled with players who seem to be in and out, not allowing for the consistency required to keep things steady.......... What is the point of scoring goals and shipping in buck loads?!

If you guys make it to December in the top 6 or 7, you should address the defensive situation to get a sniff of CL football next season!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
BinghiNya: Rafael won't mature in 10 years time, RVP is a waste, offers little, the writer article is a joke, mata was badged off the ball like a kid, lose van joke is a real joke with his comical set up, united should bounce back but the defense line plays too close to the centre , united's worst performance in years

You know when those medegegfede write ups, from jealous broke English journalists who can't forgive fate that a 28 years old is one of the highest earners in the country while they can't pay off their little mortgage.

Anyone criticizing Rooney's performance in h hole based on yesterday's game must be high . With a bit of luck we could have scored 6 goals before the Rafael's fiasco. Rooney dictated the play well. He was fast when he needed to, and slow when he needed to. He drove the ball through the middle with ease.

Any way no need for all these. Mata will soon be find out. The physical teams are coming.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
I thought he was overall.... and again comparing to previous games this season...
It is arguably his best game of the season so far... with the QPR game as well.

so a child who's been scoring 10% suddenly scores 13%, you mean that improvement should be celebrated even when it's clear as daylight there are others who are scoring 90%? his improvement doesn't mean he had a good performance. failure is failure. pick one article out on the internet that says rooney played well yesterday. it seems headless chicken runs that amount to nothing impress you.

just look at terry & kompany yesterday when zabaleta was misbehaving. see how they made their points without getting red in the face. captains lead by example. let the footie do the talking. rooney only shouts in the faces of the referee while his own performance is completely worthless. if i were clatterburg, i woulda done the same as well.

If Rooney wasnt replaced, was that his fault? I think that is an issue for LVG to address...... again, maybe this goes back to the 'immunity' or invisibility Rooney seem to be enjoying at the moment...... and most likely will enjoy for many more games to come

whose fault is it? you mean rooney can't excuse himself when he fully knows his performance is below par?

Has Mata done anything significant in the number 10 role this season?

he's scored 2 goals this season. he creates chances by the dozens. yes, he's small framed but what he lacks defensively, he makes it up with his creative side. rooney continues to put up the facade that he's defensive yet he was on the pitch when our defence leaked 5 goals. rooney was in the hole - where was he when cambiasso was at the edge of the box poking shots at de gea? who should be marking cambiasso? mata?

I am not sure United will be stronger without Rooney... I know Rooney is not playing to full potential at the moment but i can put my mortgage on it that, United will not get any better if Rooney was to be dropped.

put your mortgage on it & you will be homeless. the only thing i owe you is a heavy duvet while you sleep on the streets. gone are the days when rooney's absence could spell doom. we have a wealth of attacking players right now. if rooney sits on the bench, the performance would improve.

Rooney is needed upfront, he has to be in the mix... It is up to LVG to get the best out of him and accomodate him well within his tactical realm. RVP is struggling.. Falcao faded away for large spells.... Why so much emphasis on Wayne?

falcao got a total of 2 passes from rooney in 70 mins
RVP got none. how are these strikers meant to score if the creativity in the middle is non-existent. the diamond formation lacks width, we didn't play with width so the responsibility falls squarely on rooney & he was piss-poor.

the MUFC attack line is quality no doubt, it is up to LVG to get the best combo from the players at his disposal and get them playing to their full potential and the players need to start pulling out their fu...cking fingers....
At the moment, i just think your defence will be your undoing....... It is disjointed and filled with players who seem to be in and out, not allowing for the consistency required to keep things steady.......... What is the point of scoring goals and shipping in buck loads?!
If you guys make it to December in the top 6 or 7, you should address the defensive situation to get a sniff of CL football next season!

the attack line would even be more solid if we have a clever player who can tread intelligent passes to the strikers. if falcao can only get 2 passes in 90 mins from the number-10 then anorexia would soon hit falcao. that's starvation!!! mata would have performed better. he's the best in the hole with intricate passes. rooney kept hoofing it wide when there was no real natural winger on the pitch to supply the crosses to the strikers.

the last article summed it well - rooney's indecision on where to play is a sign that he's aware of his own decline.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
Seriously?nobody is complaining about de gea?

Any ball that goes towards him is a goal!smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: dcrested(m), Windscribe and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.