Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,243 members, 7,825,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1058) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8763610 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (14167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
MrTA: That Jagielka strike gave me a hardon cheesy

Also the result I was hoping for from those 2. We just need to get 3 points which admittedly is easier said than done. lipsrsealed

that's soccergäsm!

the ball travelled like a missile. no goalie is saving that unless his name is lev yashin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso:
And all this is Barca's fault?
Ok, Barca gets more but as you can read, it's cos they market themselves well enough. Every league has their strategies. If the policy in England and Germany are that good, why is cardiff earning more than Bayern, given that both leagues share according to position, is the BuLi that wretched?

This structure gives Barca the advantage, You think if they give Bayern and say Man Utd the freedom to negotiate the deals what would be left?

If Germany and England employs the same rule, then maybe 5 teams would be left in the league
Last yr in England Liverpool made the most and they didnt win the league.
England has pay per view where viewers pay to watch the league thus make more in TV revenue.
In Germany the game is shown freely and ensures it reaches a bigger audience thats what the football followers want in the country. WHich is why stadiums are getting full and the viewers are excited.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar: what a goal by jaglieka!!!

come on, bro!
which private investor would waste their funds on all those 3rd-tier la liga sides? investors would rather put that money on stoke fc or burnley.

the money is in england - la liga is doing nothing to package their product. they need to start playing early afternoon games to capture the asian fans. they have done nothing in the US as well.

I get it bros. No one is claiming saint
Yeah the EPL has more fans and sponsors but you still can't throw out prestige and honor of giants like Barca and Real madrid, that's why the van nistelroy and CR7 can leave Man utd for Real madrid in their peak

I like your early afternoon matches (it's being done more this season) and they're garnering Asian and American fans by buying their best players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

goal of the season!!!

•a defender
•what was at stake
•local derby
•timing of the goal
•the execution

yap...i dy tell u
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
United defence ----- grin grin grin grin

If West Ham dont capitalise today .......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
Let go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Goal ROONEY
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nice goal from Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Kai..... Coogar you see Wazza! LOL .. That FPL decision will be painful if Di Maria doesn't deliver
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1: Kai..... Coogar you see Wazza! LOL .. That FPL decision will be painful if Di Maria doesn't deliver

who did you captain?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
Manutd,city n Chelsea all leading by 1goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

who did you captain?

Di Maria.

I hope he delivers for FPL sake! lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
raumdeuter:

So whats the big deal with winning one season? How sustainable is it? for over 10yrs a club not named Barca or Madrid(who make the chunk of the money) couldnt win the league.
Deportivo that won the La Liga sometime back were in relegation for several yrs recently
Atletico Madrid won the league and their financial situation is still so terrible that they have to sell all their key players because Barcelona takes all the money

How have private investments helped Atletico from selling all their players, Helped Malaga from going into bankrutcy and even getting penalised by UEFA, How have those helped Valencia from going into financial problems.

Is it the media that makes Atletico unable to pay their bills? or media that makes Santander unable to pay wages

It's not even mid season yet and you're judging already. Who told you they (atleti) can't sustain it? If Schalke wins the BuLi this season, will it suddenly make them richer than Bayern? Answer on a postcard

It takes consistency and investment to sustain success, and atleti are on the right track, they might not be rich but they still bought your best striker (mandzukic)

And the way you blame everything on Barca is just pathetic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Di Maria.

I hope he delivers for FPL sake! lol

nice choice!!!
there's 75 mins left on the pitch - di maria would assist & score surely.

costa hasn't scored too.....loads of FPL are at the brink of committing suicide. chelsea scored & it's not costa scoring? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
raumdeuter:

This structure gives Barca the advantage, You think if they give Bayern and say Man Utd the freedom to negotiate the deals what would be left?

If Germany and England employs the same rule, then maybe 5 teams would be left in the league
Last yr in England Liverpool made the most and they didnt win the league.
England has pay per view where viewers pay to watch the league thus make more in TV revenue.
In Germany the game is shown freely and ensures it reaches a bigger audience thats what the football followers want in the country. WHich is why stadiums are getting full and the viewers are excited.

So full stadiums means less fans watch on TV? In a country like Germany?
The EPL makes much from both the match revenues and fan views.

It still explains little as to why cardiff earns twice as much as almighty bayern. A league that has record numbers of fans attendance should be able to do more
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
goal vanpersie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso:

It's not even mid season yet and you're judging already. Who told you they (atleti) can't sustain it? If Schalke wins the BuLi this season, will it suddenly make them richer than Bayern? Answer on a postcard

It takes consistency and investment to sustain success, and atleti are on the right track, they might not be rich but they still bought your best striker (mandzukic)

And the way you blame everything on Barca is just pathetic

Judging? Does it take much to see that Atletico would struggle this season when they have to sell their best players, definitely the new players would need time to settle in and lose momentum.

Money helps to win consistently. When Barca takes all the money and leave others with crumb that means they would suffer. The league winners cant even pay 37% of their bills so how would they consistently remain competitive.

Atletico bought a striker who was deemed surplus to requirement at Bayern, They would have preferred to keep Costa but since you guys have all the money, they cant.

The problems most La Liga teams have is that Barca takes a hge chunk of the money and they have to feed on crumbs. If Barca is playing fairly the league winners wont be earning 100m less than the 3rd placed team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
Make una allow Falcao score na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso:
I get it bros. No one is claiming saint
Yeah the EPL has more fans and sponsors but you still can't throw out prestige and honor of giants like Barca and Real madrid, that's why the van nistelroy and CR7 can leave Man utd for Real madrid in their peak

van nistelrooy was finished when he left united. he wasn't at his peak at all - we sold him for £11m or was it £13m. i give you the ronaldo point.

but for every ronaldo deal, we can also point out ozil, aguero, costa, cazorla, etc.

I like your early afternoon matches (it's being done more this season) and they're garnering Asian and American fans by buying their best players

premier league has captured that continent o! this summer, they took it to the millions.....la liga is slacking.
----------
-----------

what a goal by RVP, nice assist from falcao.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
cheesy

Will talk after the game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
Herrera is such a smart player.
His mobility and off ball movements make life easy for everyone around him.

2 nil and I'm still not at rest.
Sigh.

If only we had a dependable backline, we would have just sat back and allow them throw futile tantrums then hit them on the break.

We will get there tho.
GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
barackohandso:

So full stadiums means less fans watch on TV? In a country like Germany?
The EPL makes much from both the match revenues and fan views.

It still explains little as to why cardiff earns twice as much as almighty bayern. A league that has record numbers of fans attendance should be able to do more

In Germany the stadium are fuller than anywhere in Europe and I have shown you the stat.

The free TV also means more people watch on TV.

Payperview boosts the EPL earning significantly, Germany doesnt have payperview. Its free for everyone. If Germany uses payperview it would boost TV earning but reduce number of people able to watch since anyone who cant afford the subscription would be left out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
PietroRico: Herrera is such a smart player.
His mobility and off ball movements make life easy for everyone around him.

2 nil and I'm still not at rest.
Sigh.

If only we had a dependable backline, we would have just sat back and allow them throw futile tantrums then hit them on the break.

We will get there tho.
GGMU

van gaal is slacking -
there must be top quality defenders in serbia. buy the top 2 centre halves in the 2 top teams for £5m each & bring them to england. there's 90% guarantee one of them would be better than vidic was for us.

raumdeuter:
In Germany the stadium are fuller than anywhere in Europe and I have shown you the stat. The free TV also means more people watch on TV.

to be honest, your model is the best!
i dunno if it's because the brand is not as attractive as the premier league or the fact that your FA are not greedy bästards.

the gate fee is very very cheap! students pay close to peanuts to watch games and the games are live on TV. fans are starting to protest in england & several cases are in the EU courts concerning TV broadcast of live games.

i still think it's a disgrace that man utd fans cannot watch their team's 3pm game live on saturday in 2014. they keep lying to us that they are censoring it to preserve stadium attendance.

Payperview boosts the EPL earning significantly, Germany doesnt have payperview. Its free for everyone. If Germany uses payperview it would boost TV earning but reduce number of people able to watch since anyone who cant afford the subscription would be left out

errrrrrm, what can TV companies do?
SKY paid £2.8 billion in their last deal with the FA.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
Penalty against City n yellow card 4 mangala

hull2 vs City2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
What do u guys think abt McCAIN?
for me he has been compose so far
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
coogar:

van gaal is slacking -
there must be top quality defenders in serbia. buy the top 2 centre halves in the 2 top teams for £5m each & bring them to england. there's 90% guarantee one of them would be better than vidic was for us.
I'm confident he'll fix the defence in the next window.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
Odunharry: Penalty against City n yellow card 4 mangala

hull2 vs City2

Can it just end that way please.......

No small team in EPL...they all wanna fight till the end

EDITED- Dzeko scored just now.. I posted too early
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
Why di Maria dey play rubbish na? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
Odunharry: What do u guys think abt McCAIN?
for me he has been compose so far

blackett looked like that for many games until he was shouted at.....

west ham scores!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Smh. At this rate we go need to the score at least 6 goals per match to get 3 points. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
De gea undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
raumdeuter:

Judging? Does it take much to see that Atletico would struggle this season when they have to sell their best players, definitely the new players would need time to settle in and lose momentum.

Money helps to win consistently. When Barca takes all the money and leave others with crumb that means they would suffer. The league winners cant even pay 37% of their bills so how would they consistently remain competitive.

Atletico bought a striker who was deemed surplus to requirement at Bayern, They would have preferred to keep Costa but since you guys have all the money, they cant.

The problems most La Liga teams have is that Barca takes a hge chunk of the money and they have to feed on crumbs. If Barca is playing fairly the league winners wont be earning 100m less than the 3rd placed team

Of course they're struggling. If your definition of struggling is beating Real madrid twice already, and winning the super cup, then I love that kind of struggles. You always tend to overlook the positives.

They've always sold their best players and still did well (forlan, aguero, costa) so I'm sure they'll fare well, compared to BuLi teams and if Pep said man utd couldn't afford bayern stars, I wonder how a 'poor' club like atleti can afford mandzukic.

Barca make what they earn, it's not oppression it's prestige

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (14167) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: lateefGRDT(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.