Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8795824 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:32am On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

he used to be aggressive, assertive & dominant with the ball. i saw none of that. hopefully, we would see rafael back in the RB position. valencia actually played well yesterday until he was put in a tight spot to make a pass by the idïotic jones.
Yes Valencia did ok with the ball yesterday but had a hand in the 2 goals we conceded. He left his position and moved into the midfield(I was even asking myself if his position has been moved to the midfield) that gifted Nacho( a LB) all the space in the world to score.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:33am On Mar 10, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Good to see you take a break from slamming Wayne grin

It is Phil Jones now?

10 other players weren't at fault yesterday..... jones caused the defeat. my first comment here after i saw the line-up was "jones isn't starting, there's hope."

when i saw him coming on at HT, i told my mates he was going to do something very stüpid in the game & 15 mins after coming on, he caused panic in the defence. look at his hand as valencia received the pass - it was jones that told him to pass to de gea.

why didn't jones pass to de gea himself when he had the chance? it was a horrible goal to concede.

chrisley024:
Yes Valencia did ok with the ball yesterday but had a hand in the 2 goals we conceded. He left his position and moved into the midfield(I was even asking myself if his position has been moved to the midfield) that gifted Nacho( a LB) all the space in the world to score.

he was dragged into the centre by alexis. di maria was at fault for the first goal. if valencia isn't there, it's di maria's job to track the full back. it was a well-worked goal by arsenal to be honest. i don't apportion blame to our players when we concede a brilliant goal.

who should we blame for rooney's goal? szczesny or koscielny? you can't blame anyone for that - sometimes we have to accept the brilliance of the players that created a goal & stop scapegoating. british pundits started that nonsense - someone must take the blame for any goal scored.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 11:35am On Mar 10, 2015
Danhumprey:
The nerve of some Assnäl fans coming to this thread to yan nonsense and post useless meme(s) around is quite baffling!undecided

Okay so they defeated us at Old Trafford in almost a decade by a wee bit of luck,and that call for celebration? Smh.

Failure is indeed ingrained in their gene.grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 11:38am On Mar 10, 2015
Playing Fellaini in the hole as a no. 10,when we have Mata,Herrera,Rooney and maybe Di Maria,is the biggest joke and blunder of the century. I mean who does that? Fellaini with his slow and sluggish movement? What the hell was LvG thinking?undecided

Mata shoulda been played in the hole if LvG preferred Rooney to Falcao as the lone striker,and Herrera play as the CM.

Or Rooney deployed in the hole behind Falcao (as the lone striker),with Herrera as the CM and Mata on the bench.

Truth is,LvG has so many options as regard the way the teams could be set up,but he just seemed confused. It's very obvious that he is still experimenting!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:39am On Mar 10, 2015
The best chance fell on Smalling and he couldn't even hit target. Yet a toxic imputer is bringing goals of 1920.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2015
31% is similar to 60% grin

some people would lie to save face. jones has the poorest win percentage in our entire squad. if he plays, we don't win. it's as simple as that!

at west ham, he badged into rooney needlessly & caused the hammers to score. it was after he was removed against burnley that his replacement(smalling) got 2 goals to bail us.

his absence at newcastle & sunderland gave us 6 points comfortably with 2 clean sheets to boot! why can't people see jones is the agent moyes planted in our club to bring down LVG's dynasty? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ehi69: 11:45am On Mar 10, 2015
The problem is LVG. A man who favours defence to attack. His defensive inclination has killed all the attacking instincts of our players. He's is a very negative coach. There is no plausible explanation as to why any coach would prefer fellani to mata in an attacking midfield position. Rafael, mata and herrera are attack minded players hence LVG dislikes them.

The absence of link up plays, intricate passing and a constant reliance on hopeful crosses have made my beloved team an absolute bore.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:45am On Mar 10, 2015
eeeyah.

una sorry o. e dey happen sometimes. afterall MK Dons abi wetin be the name of that division zero team sef beat una.

the moral in all of this is [size=28pt]E.L.L.A.F.T.[/size]

Just prepare for Liverpool, City, and Chelsea matches. otherwise na "back to the drawing board" grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:48am On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

he was dragged into the centre by alexis. di maria was at fault for the first goal. if valencia isn't there, it's di maria's job to track the full back. it was a well-worked goal by arsenal to be honest. i don't apportion blame to our players when we concede a brilliant goal.

who should we blame for rooney's goal? szczesny or koscielny? you can't blame anyone for that - sometimes we have to accept the brilliance of the players that created a goal & stop scapegoating. british pundits started that nonsense - someone must take the blame for any goal scored.

Pot calling kettle black.

When Smalling was causing us goals last season we didnt here your blame. This season he has been raped and committed grave errors but you will never highlight. But goals that are not even Rooney or Jone's fault have been highlighted since last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:49am On Mar 10, 2015
Someone must be high on weed to think Smalling has 60% wins. Lies.

He doesn't have that despite padding his stats with Cambridge, Preston and Yeovile.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:52am On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

Pot calling kettle black.

When Smalling was causing us goals last season we didnt here your blame. This season he has been raped and committed grave errors but you will never highlight. But goals that are not even Rooney or Jone's fault have been highlighted since last season.

which error did smalling commit last season? why is last season even relevant in this discourse? was yesterday's match a last season's game?

rooney played well yesterday.
di maria played well yesterday. many of our players played well yesterday. jones was the only bad apple & perhaps the morönic januzaj.

i cannot fault the effort of the coaching crew or the tactics. we cannot continue to give opponents awoof goals like arsenal's 2nd goal and not get punished for it. that's not a tactical error - it's an individual error.

get jones out of the squad & we would be fine.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2015
Leyqute:

Jones will fumble if he plays LCB. Both are right footed players and can't clear well with their left. only Evans can.

Moreso Smalling z better than Jones at RCB considering his recent performances.

Jones is better than Smalling anywhere on the pitch. Smalling just better aerially 'cos of his height. But again he lacks good reading of corner kicks. Jone reads corner kicks better.

Smalling is should be doing 70% of Vidic's aerial prowess with his height.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:55am On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:
Someone must be high on weed to think Smalling has 60% wins. Lies.

He doesn't have that despite padding his stats with Cambridge, Preston and Yeovile.

mcnair - 82%
smalling - 60%
rooney - 59%

idiotïc jones - 31% grin

the facts tower over your opinion, any given day!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

which error did smalling commit last season? why is last season even relevant in this discourse? was yesterday's match a last season's game?

rooney played well yesterday.
di maria played well yesterday. many of our players played well yesterday. jones was the only bad apple & perhaps the morönic januzaj.

i cannot fault the effort of the coaching crew or the tactics. we cannot continue to give opponents awoof goals like arsenal's 2nd goal and not get punished for it. that's not a tactical error - it's an individual error.

get jones out of the squad & we would be fine.

Smalling was a calamity last season. I can't start counting sef. He gifted Adebayo and other strikers. This season he is padding his stats with Cambridge, Preston and Yeovil.

Jones was our best last night. If not for Jones we would be 1-2 down from Smalling mistakes even before Welbeck scored.

If you think otherwise about Jones, go and get him out of the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

mcnair - 82%
smalling - 60%
rooney - 59%

idiotïc jones - 31% grin

the facts tower over your opinion, any given day!

I am very sure if I did my calculation, Smalling wouldn't be 60%

If Jones had played against the small teams instead of the big teams, he should be 70%.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:59am On Mar 10, 2015
If Arsenal were clinical and if not for Jones' braveness, Smalling alone would have been responsible for three goals.

Smalling is a sham!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

Smalling was a calamity last season. I can't start counting sef. He gifted Adebayo and other strikers. This season he is padding his stats with Cambridge, Preston and Yeovil.

yes, he padded his stats up against burnley, newcastle & sunderland too. grin

Jones was our best last night. If not for Jones we would be 1-2 down from Smalling mistakes even before Welbeck scored.

but it was only when jones came on that we conceded the winner? grin

If you think otherwise about Jones, go and get him out of the team.

he's on his way out.
watch what happens to him from now. the whole world now knows his nuisance value. MEN & MUTV discussed his decline extensively last night before the game......

shaw's lack of fitness & evans' punishment was the reason jones played yesterday. until then, he had been sidelined by LVG & we were winning games without him.

jones played against west ham(draw)
jones subbed early vs burnley(win)
jones played vs swansea(loss)
jones absent vs sunderland(win)
jones absent vs newcastle(win)
jones played vs arsenal(loss)

what other evidence do you need? grin

elampiro:

I am very sure if I did my calculation, Smalling wouldn't be 60%
If Jones had played against the small teams instead of the big teams, he should be 70%.

we should believe your calculation over OPTA? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
Smalling couldn't even tell Di Maria to stay with his man for the fist goal. Di Maria thought Smalling was blocking that position in the box, but headless Smalling was neither there nor in the centre back.

Smalling caused us the first goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

Jones is better than Smalling anywhere on the pitch. Smalling just better aerially 'cos of his height. But again he lacks good reading of corner kicks. Jone reads corner kicks better.

Smalling is should be doing 70% of Vidic's aerial prowess with his height.
Smalling his better than jones he just isn't consistent enough.
Jones play style his to physical with little technical ability,his inability to read the game properly allows him to perform ridiculous tackles as a last ditch effort and this reckless abandon for himself is repackage to us as "bravery"
Bottom line both of them aren't good enough any one of smalling's useless mistake could've caused a goal yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:
Smalling couldn't even tell Di Maria to stay with his man for the fist goal. Di Maria thought Smalling was blocking that position in the box, but headless Smalling was neither there nor in the centre back.

Smalling caused us the first goal.

yes, smalling was the reason di maria didn't do his job? which winger doesn't know he has to cover his fullback in the premier league? grin cheesy grin

SIRcumalot:

Jones play style his to physical with little technical ability,his inability to read the game properly allows him to perform ridiculous tackles as a last ditch effort and this reckless abandon for himself is repackage to us as "bravery"
Bottom line both of them aren't good enough any one of smalling's useless mistake could've caused a goal yesterday.

smalling is very consistent.
his defence had kept 2 clean sheets until yesterday. arsenal scored a brilliant goal that you can say was di maria's fault. smalling covered his own zone of the box - that was why the pass went to di maria's zone in the first place.

would smalling had chested the ball to valencia from szczesny's hoof? i am 100% sure he would have controlled the ball & pass it back himself to de gea or head it straight back to where it came from.

jones committed technical hara-kiri. valencia isn't even a defender - we just use him there as makeshift. jones is a seasoned defender and should have done better. i can take forced error in the defence but an unforced error at this level is just God awful pïss-poor.

sell jones in the summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bimffo(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
grin Elampiro and Coogar don start again today.. grin

If Coogar supports Valencia, The other will support Rafeal..

If Elampiro says Jones is at fault, the other will say its Smalling..

grin Cat and Dog.. Word and opposite..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

yes, he padded his stats up against burnley, newcastle & sunderland too. grin

but it was only when jones came on that we conceded the winner? grin

he's on his way out.
watch what happens to him from now. the whole world now knows his nuisance value. MEN & MUTV discussed his decline extensively last night before the game......

shaw's lack of fitness & evans' punishment was the reason jones played yesterday. until then, he had been sidelined by LVG & we were winning games without him.

jones played against west ham(draw)
jones subbed early vs burnley(win)
jones played vs swansea(loss)
jones absent vs sunderland(win)
jones absent vs newcastle(win)
jones played vs arsenal(loss)

what other evidence do you need? grin

we should believe your calculation over OPTA? grin

Games won by Smalling this season.

Arsenal
Hull
Stoke
Southampton
Yeovil
Cambridge
Preston

Burnley
Sunderland
Newcastle.

Now we know where the 60% is coming from. From Cambridge, Yeovil and Preston

I repeat, if Jones had played against Small teams and in four man defence as Samlling has done, he would have 70%.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bimffo(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
Next Five Fixtures: Spurs, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Manchester City, Chelsea.. grin

Predicion: Mehn, will take a lot of nerve from ManU to win 3 games from this 5..

Verdict: LVG gets the sack after Man City's game..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

yes, smalling was the reason di maria didn't do his job? which winger doesn't know he has to cover his fullback in the premier league? grin cheesy grin

Smalling was covering that place and suddenly disappeared without telling Di Maria to fix his eyes on Monreal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

smalling is very consistent.
his defence had kept 2 clean sheets until yesterday. arsenal scored a brilliant goal that you can say was di maria's fault. smalling covered his own zone of the box - that was why the pass went to di maria's zone in the first place.

would smalling had chested the ball to valencia from szczesny's hoof? i am 100% sure he would have controlled the ball & pass it back himself to de gea or head it straight back to where it came from.

jones committed technical hara-kiri. valencia isn't even a defender - we just use him there as makeshift. jones is a seasoned defender and should have done better. i can take forced error in the defence but an unforced error at this level is just God awful pïss-poor.

sell jones in the summer.
The fact that smalling's error's didn't lead to goals doesn't absolve him of any sin.
My opinion on both of them wasn't formed yesterday, their are numerous times that Smalling gives away penalties that are uncalled by the ref for some unknown reason.
I say we go all in for a Matured Center Back and both of them should Chop bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

Games won by Smalling this season.

Arsenal
Hull
Stoke
Southampton
Yeovil
Cambridge
Preston

Burnley
Sunderland
Newcastle.

Now we know where the 60% is coming from. From Cambridge, Yeovil and Preston

I repeat, if Jones had played against Small teams and in four man defence as Samlling has done, he would have 70%.

show us the games jones has won this season. grin

elampiro:

Smalling was covering that place and suddenly disappear without telling Di Maria to fix his eyes on Monreal.

smalling doesn't cover as a right back. the attack came from oxdale's left channel & smalling went to cover the run - di maria stood watching as the pass flew to monreal!

only a fool would blame smalling for arsenal's first goal. grin

that was di maria standing still as the play developed. had smalling not covered up - oxdale would have shot straight into our net. elampawa, stop apportioning blame to our best defender. cheesy

smalling >>> jones
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

show us the games jones has won this season. grin

Even against Southampton, Smalling was substituted on 18th minute and we still won. We didn't win because of Smalling.

Smalling is a scam. He only benefited from 4 man defence while Jones mostly played in 3-5-2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Smalling is expected to be better due to his matured age but he is not. 22 years old Jones is far better. Smalling has had the benefit of playing in four backline and against small oppositions to pad his stats. Chikena!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

Even against Southampton, Smalling was substituted on 18th minute and we still won. We didn't win because of Smalling.

so we won because of jones?

Smalling is a scam. He only benefited from 4 man defence while Jones mostly played in 3-5-2

jones didn't play 3-5-2 yesterday & he certainly didn't play that formation against swansea. admit it, jones is badluck.

jones isn't the only defender in man utd - how come he has the poorest win% in the entire squad? jones 31% is even the poorest in the premier league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
Coogar or goofgar, that gif cut off Smalling's initial position. He was well positioned to block Monreal but left it without instructing Di Maria. Di Maria suddenly realized the space was so empty behind him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

so we won because of jones?

jones didn't play 3-5-2 yesterday & he certainly didn't play that formation against swansea. admit it, jones is badluck.

jones isn't the only defender in man utd - how come he has the poorest win% in the entire squad? jones 31% is even the poorest in the premier league.

Jones had the highest win % by a wide margin in our midfied last season. He won almost 80% there. Following your logic, Jones should get into the midfield ahead of Carrick. Carrick should have been sold.

Also, McNair should be our first choice centre back.

Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:
Coogar or goofgar, that gif cut off Smalling's initial position. He was well positioned to block Monreal but left it without instructing Di Maria. Di Maria suddenly realized the space was so empty behind him.

you are a fool!
if valencia is tracking alexis, di maria's job is to track monreal. there was no way di maria should have allowed monreal to be goalside of him. these are basic stuff in defending. why would smalling be telling anyone to do his job?

a winger's job is on the opposing fullback. a fullback's job is on the opposing winger.

elampiro:

Jones had the highest win % by a wide margin in our midfied last season. He won almost 80% there. Following your logic, Jones should get into the midfield ahead of Carrick. Carrick should have been sold.
Also, McNair should be our first choice centre back.
Ukwu!!!

unfortunately for you, last season isn't this season. jones win% got us the 7th position & it's our worst campaign in the history of the league.

we are talking of 14/15 season under LVG. moyes season is done & dusted. why is your favourite defender the most useless defender in the premier league?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.