Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,925 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8861890 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

you are a fool!
if valencia is tracking alexis, di maria's job is to track monreal. there was no way di maria should have allowed monreal to be goalside of him. these are basic stuff in defending. why would smalling be telling anyone to do his job?

a winger's job is on the opposing fullback. a fullback's job is on the opposing winger.

Smalling was out of position covering the right side of the 18 box. Di Maria saw him there. Smalling saw Moreal coming, then he took off to put the blame on Di Maria. Make e no spoil for my hand. We know those who run away from responsibilities. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

Smalling was out of position covering the tight side of the 18 box. Di Maria saw him there. Smalling saw Moreal coming, then he took off to put the blame on Di Maria. Make e no spoil for my hand. We know those who run away from responsibilities. grin

hehehehe - oxdale had rapëd valencia & another covering player at the edge of the box. he was going to shoot on target & smalling quickly covered the zone oxdale wanted.

look at the gif very well. had smalling stayed with monreal, oxdale gets a free shot on target & there was no market near him. smalling did his job, di maria slëpt on his toes.

fact still remains phil jones is badluck.

31% win percentage? very poor!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

unfortunately for you, last season isn't this season. jones win% got us the 7th position & it's our worst campaign in the history of the league.

we are talking of 14/15 season under LVG. moyes season is done & dusted. why is your favourite defender the most useless defender in the premier league?

Before Jone's injury we were in position to finish between 1st and 3rd after the Christmas game. We had recovered well from the poor service Cleverley, Carrick and Fellaini served us between August and early November. If Jones had been allowed to continue in midfield instead of the returnee Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini and Fletcher we would surely have finished 4th. But Moyes was pressured to play players in their 'proper positions' against his will. He knew some of the players were calamities.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

Before Jone's injury we were in position to finish between 1st and 3rd after the Christmas game. We had recovered well from the poor service Cleverley, Carrick and Fellaini served us between August and early November. If Jones had been allowed to continue in midfield instead of the returnee Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini and Fletcher we would surely have finished 4th. But Moyes was pressured to play players in their 'proper positions' against his will. He knew some of the players were calamities.

stop lying....
we were never in the position to finish in the top 3 last season. we were between 7th & 9th for 7 months of the league campaign.

phil jones is a failure!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

hehehehe - oxdale had rapëd valencia & another covering player at the edge of the box. he was going to shoot on target & smalling quickly covered the zone oxdale wanted.

look at the gif very well. had smalling stayed with monreal, oxdale gets a free shot on target & there was no market near him. smalling did his job, di maria slëpt on his toes.

fact still remains phil jones is badluck.

31% win percentage? very poor!

Oxlaide shot from outside the box was never going to beat DDG. Is Oxlaide even a left footer?

Smalling has a football brain of sheep. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

Oxlaide shot from outside the box was never going to beat DDG. Is Oxlaide even a left footer?

Smalling has a football brain of sheep. grin

i can see you are blind.
oxdale made that pass around the penalty area(18 yards from de gea)

as at the time phil jones got injured last season(gameweek 17), we were 8th on the table. grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
parrotibaba:
I don't hv time to dabble in ur stupid sense of reasoning ,if u hv watched d game ,u won't even have quoted me with ur leprosy infected fingers ,we played well ,we lost because of two mistakes ,only f00ls like u will argue otherwise ...

please never quote me again ,u hv nothing to offer
your IQ is lower than that of a billy goat, united got dumped rightly as predicted, fools like you think taking one step forward and two backwards is progress, your forefathers can't take me on when it comes to footy. You are just a mentally retarded fellow in real life I beat dolts like you to stupor, illiterate,now tell me the way ur fool of a coach is taking united. As poor as moyes was arsenal didn't beat him nor score a goal. Thunder fire your entire generations.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
parrotibaba:
I don't hv time to dabble in ur stupid sense of reasoning ,if u hv watched d game ,u won't even have quoted me with ur leprosy infected fingers ,we played well ,we lost because of two mistakes ,only f00ls like u will argue otherwise ...

please never quote me again ,u hv nothing to offer
your IQ is lower than that of a billy goat, united got dumped rightly as predicted, fools like you think taking one step forward and two backwards is progress, your forefathers can't take me on when it comes to footy. You are just a mentally retarded fellow in real life I beat dolts like you to stupor, illiterate,now tell me the way ur fool of a coach is taking united. As poor as moyes was arsenal didn't beat him nor score a goal. Thunder fire your entire generations. I have quoted you oya do your worst cry baby
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

stop lying....
we were never in the position to finish in the top 3 last season. we were between 7th & 9th for 7 months of the league campaign.

phil jones is a failure!

After 19 games as at Christmas, we were:

8 point from the top team- Arsenal.
3 points from the 4th team- Everton
6 points from the 3rd team- Chelsea
2 points from the 5th team- Liverpool.

After another 19 matches, at the end of the season, we were 20 points below Liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

After 19 games as at Christmas, we were:

8 point from the top team- Arsenal.
3 points from the 4th team- Everton
6 points from the 3rd team- Chelsea
2 points from the 5th team- Liverpool.

After another 19 matches, at the end of the season, we were 20 points below Liverpool.

so before jones' injury - we were 8th.
however, if he didn't cop the injury, we would be 4th? how did we find ourselves in the 8th position with him in the first place? grin

do you even read what you write at all?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

as at the time phil jones got injured last season(gameweek 17), we were 8th on the table. grin

How many point from the top?

The argument is not the position. The argument is about whether we stood a chance of finishing top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

How many point from the top?

the point gap is irrelevant - position trounces points any day of the week. only amateurs look at points.

a club could be 3 points from the top and still find themselves outside the top 4. we were never going to usurp the 7 teams ahead of us cos not all of them would slip up & allow us run through.

that's how the league system works. 65 points might win you the league & 89 points may not even win you the league. the position wins the league!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

the point gap is irrelevant - position trounces points any day of the week. only amateurs look at points.

a club could be 3 points from the top and still find themselves outside the top 4. we were never going to usurp the 7 teams ahead of us cos not all of them would slip up & allow us run through.

that's how the league system works. 65 points might win you the league & 89 points may not even win you the league. the position wins the league!

We had lost hope after the Newcastle or Everton game. Then Phil Jones in midfield, although Rooney and Welbeck played a great role too, helped us with a run of wins including beating Leverkusen 5-0, Stoke 2-0, Villa 3-0 and the confidence had returned.

The hope was high and we all expressed our optimism here. With just 8 points from the top, it was game opened for us. But Carrcik and co came to dash all our hope in February and beyond.

Liverpool were 5th with just two point above us, at the end the finished 20 points above us after we even spent 37 million pounds. They almost won the league. How did Liverpool with just two points better moved from 5th to 2nd ?

Our position was good in December.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

We had lost hope after the Newcastle or Everton game. Then Phil Jones in midfield, although Rooney and Welbeck played a great role too, helped us with a run of wins including beating Leverkusen 5-0, Stoke 2-0, Villa 3-0 and the confidence had returned.

The hope was high and we all expressed our optimism here. With just 8 points from the top, it was game opened for us. But Carrcik and co came to dash all our hope in February and beyond.

Liverpool were 5th with just two point above us, at the end the finished 20 points above us after we even spent 37 million pounds. They almost won the league. How did Liverpool with just two points better moved from 5th to 2nd ?

Our position was good in December.

our position was rotten all season. there were 6-7 teams ahead of us. at least 5 of them would match or better our results for the remainder of the season. you cannot concentrate on points & ignore position.

i would rather be 20 points from the top and finish 2nd than be 5 points from the top and finish 5th. we were zero points from the top in 11/12 and still didn't win the league. if the teams ahead of you match your results - you will never leapfrog them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
Our principal actors to our run of wins in December were all injured before New Year 2014. Jones, Rooney and Welbeck. But Jones was the one in the midfield when we got our best results last season. All the big wins had Jones in them. Norwich 4-0, Leverkusen 5-0, Villa 3-0.

The boy is good. That's all. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
hopefully LvG & his players are not dwelling on last night's event, trading blames. we should look forward to ensure we finish strongly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Coogar

Keano said LVG needs 3 years .... Do you agree or is Keane talking out of his as...s grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

our position was rotten all season. there were 6-7 teams ahead of us. at least 5 of them would match or better our results for the remainder of the season. you cannot concentrate on points & ignore position.

i would rather be 20 points from the top and finish 2nd than be 5 points from the top and finish 5th. we were zero points from the top in 11/12 and still didn't win the league. if the teams ahead of you match your results - you will never leapfrog them.

Our position was good after 19 games. We lost and drew some easy games in the remaining fixtures even at Old Trafford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
SailorXY:
hopefully LvG & his players are not dwelling on last night's event, trading blames. we should look forward to ensure we finish strongly.

we will finish strongly.
schoolboy defending cost us - the general play was very good. however, even if you are Bayern and you give away goals like the welbeck goal then you would be punished.

our hope of levelling up was dashed when di maria got himself sent off. when hart buttheaded the same referee, he didn't book him. the xenophobia in the english game is nauseating. if that was rooney or gerrard, the ref wouldn't have done anything.

elampiro:

Our position was good after 19 games.

8th position isn't good for a club that has never finished below 3rd in the league.

ElFenomeno1:
Coogar
Keano said LVG needs 3 years .... Do you agree or is Keane talking out of his as...s grin

don't put words in his mouth.
he said LVG should be supported regardless of what happens for 3 years. he didn't say he needs 3 years. why are you acting like you are the only one that watches BBC sports?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
God see how analyses they flow no wonder this is the most active thread on eurosoccer section

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

we will finish strongly.
schoolboy defending cost us - the general play was very good. however, even if you are Bayern and you give away goals like the welbeck goal then you would be punished.

our hope of levelling up was dashed when di maria got himself sent off. when hart buttheaded the same referee, he didn't book him. the xenophobia in the english game is nauseating. if that was rooney or gerrard, the ref wouldn't have done anything.

More lies grin

Gerald that got sent off against us even without having a contact with our player he tackled?

I saw a more serious kick from a foreign player than the one Rooney did against West Ham and the player was not even booked. I think it was an Arsenal game the next day after Rooney was sent off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

don't put words in his mouth.
he said LVG should be supported regardless of what happens for 3 years. he didn't say he needs 3 years. why are you acting like you are the only one that watches BBC sports?

He said he needs 2 to 3 years ... I have not fabricated it!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31809211
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

More lies grin

Gerald that got sent off against us even without having a contact with our player he tackled?

I saw a more serious kick from a foreign player than the one Rooney did against West Ham and the player was not even booked. I think it was an Arsenal game the next day after Rooney was sent off.

how did hart get away with this? why is this a lesser offence than what di maria did? see how hart charged at the ref? ordinary bangïng the ball to the ground is considered dissent but hart got away with this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
Maybe if we play up the whole xenophobic thing we could get a reduction on Maria's punishment.
Sterling got away with worse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
SIRcumalot:
Maybe if we play up the whole xenophobic thing we could get a reduction on Maria's punishment.
Sterling got away with worse.

he got a second yellow......it wasn't a straight red. he misses only the spurs game. why would the FA give him more?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

he got a second yellow......it wasn't a straight red. he misses only the spurs game. why would the FA give him more?

I thought it was a straight red. my bad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I thought it was a straight red. my bad

don't mind that useless oliver.
he bottled it to send bellerin off for a second bookable offence. wenger knew that decision was wrong & he quickly removed bellerin for chambers.......

it's the inconsistency i don't like about english referees. there's no way di maria should get a yellow for grabbing the ref when the same ref failed to book hart.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
coogar:

how did hart get away with this? why is this a lesser offence than what di maria did? see how hart charged at the ref? ordinary bangïng the ball to the ground is considered dissent but hart got away with this?

If you were the ref you would make same mistake twice? After your colleague would have put you under the knife......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
elampiro:

If you were the ref you would make same mistake twice? After your colleague would have put you under the knife......

hahahaha - it wasn't a mistake!
it's called bottling! if alex song or fellaini had done what hart did there, they woulda been booked.

it's xenophobia - di maria only grabbed his shirt. he didn't punch him or shove him. he could have just called rooney over as the captain to warn di maria!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iykmora(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
Bimffo:
Next Five Fixtures: Spurs, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Manchester City, Chelsea.. grin

Predicion: Mehn, will take a lot of nerve from ManU to win 3 games from this 5..

Verdict: LVG gets the sack after Man City's game..
Premier League

Man UtdV TottenhamSun 15 Mar 16:00

Premier League

LiverpoolV Man UtdSun 22 Mar 13:30

Premier League

Man UtdV Aston VillaSat 4 Apr 15:00

Premier League

Man UtdV Man CitySun 12 Apr 16:00

Premier League

ChelseaV Man UtdSat 18 Apr 17:30

Premier League

EvertonV Man UtdSun 26 Apr 13:30

Premier League

Man UtdV West BromSat 2 May 15:00

Premier League

Crystal PalaceV Man UtdSat 9 May 15:00

Premier League

Man UtdV ArsenalSat 16 May 15:00

Premier League

HullV Man UtdSun 24 May15:00

them still get hope na...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
i see raumdeuter viewing.

do you now agree de gea is better than neuer or is it until de gea has to win a world cup or champions league?

as a united fan, it's painful for me to admit we don't deserve de gea with the way our defence has let him down this season. if he stays, the queen should knight him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
sokotoburundi:
and of course leaked training section! grin

gringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.