Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8702759 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 9:54am On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2015
Dadehmola:
Elampiro, this your obsession with pace, power, strength etc is becoming a major cause for concern.

There must be something you aren't telling us

I am teaching people who don't know what having power in football is about. They have always, in fact all their life thought that power is muscle in football. It's shocking when football fans who claim to know too much, don't even know what pace and power in football means.

Imagine, someone was describing long shot as part of power. Ukwu!!! Long shot is just about shot accuracy from outside the box. Another had earlier said sprint speed is about football skills. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:

so robben & rooney have more power than yaya toure? you know nothing about football. balance isn't power - some players cannot be easily knocked off the ball because they are very agile & skilful when in possession. it's got little to do with strength! agility has much more to do with balance than strength.

Robben has the most power in football. How many times will I repeat myself?

You know zero about football. Balance is about how you stand firm after a PHYSICAL CHALLENGE. FIFA 15 definition.

If you consider the 8 components listed by FIFA, Robben has more power than Sanchez. Then Sanchez > Toure > Rooney.

This is FIFA stats corroborating exactly what I have been saying. It wasnt me who even started the FIFA 15 start. Someone else brought it and shot himself. Remember, stats are facts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2015
SailorXY:

that's your own cube of sugar. from all your noise about United must miss UCL, you have changed to settling for a UCL place.

we'll hear further changes from your mouth next season, after all this is a season of change cool cool cool

It's not over yet homie
keep praying because it's not in the bag yet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:

You know zero about football. Balance is about how you stand firm after a PHYSICAL CHALLENGE.

If you consider the 8 components listed by FIFA, Robben has more power than Sanchez. Then Sanchez > Toure > Rooney.

This is FIFA stats corroborating exactly what I have been saying. It wasnt me who even started the FIFA 15 start. Someone else brought it and shot himself. Remember, stats are facts.

i have been playing FIFA for more than 14 years and what you typed above is rubbish. agility is what balances a player, not power and strength.

robben has the most power in football? sell this lie to stark illiterates. phillip lahm has more balance than robben. by your definition, lahm is more powerful than robben? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:

You know zero about football. Balance is about how you stand firm after a PHYSICAL CHALLENGE.

i have been playing FIFA for more than 15 years and what you typed above is rubbish. agility is what balances a player, not power and strength.

robben has the most power in football? sell this lie to stark illiterates. phillip lahm has more balance than robben. by your definition, lahm is more powerful than robben? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2015
sirlaw2:
I can only imagine how gud (or how bad) ur children will be at English since u, their father, failed to understand that Cooger actually meant next season. Little wonder u always hang out here with hopes of rubbing minds with seasoned, civilsed and educated United fans instead of ur dead Arsenal thread... Kenechukwu clap for urself... Well done!!!

Oh shut your crap you bleeding toad.
Of course I know what Coogar was on about.. did you not see me taunt him about not adding another Falcao.
All I am saying is that if he thinks they are not far from the title using this season as a yardstick and comparing with next season then he is having a laugh
put another striker in United and leave Chelsea the way they are next season, the status quo won't change.... that is my point
The rest are a thin veiled taunts and wind ups.
NOW GET LOST YOU VACUOUS TROGLODYTE
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:19am On Apr 19, 2015
If it were Phil Jones who made that pass to Falcao, they would have said he had no brain because Falcao didnt want the ball at all. Look at how Oscar easily lured Smalling away. Even me, I knew what Oscar was going to do.

Talking of making a player look bad! It's so easy to do. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:27am On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:
If it were Phil Jones who made that pass to Falcao, they would have said he had no brain because Falcao didnt want the ball at all. Look at how Oscar easily lured Smalling away. Even me, I knew what Oscar was going to do.
Talking of making a player look bad! It's so easy to do. cheesy

Lol.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 10:27am On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:

i have been playing FIFA for more than 15 years and what you typed above is rubbish. agility is what balances a player, not power and strength.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:

All these is nonsense. Give up already. This is a flawless victory for me.

Agility has its own marks.
Strength has its own mark.
Balance, which is a different entiry, has its mark.

All these are some of the components of a player PHYSICALITY

coogar:

* You have shot yourself. As you claim, if agility determines balance, how come Lahm with less agility than Robben has more balance?

* Balance is just one component of power. How did Lahm fare in other components? There are some players who did well in jumping but didnt have other components to back up.

Philipp
Lahm
FC Bayern • Germany

FIFA 15
Physical
77 Acceleration
83 Agility
92 Balance
72 Jumping
92 Reactions
76 Sprint Speed
88 Stamina
59 Strength

Robben
Physical
93 Acceleration
93 Agility
91 Balance
61 Jumping
89 Reactions
93 Sprint Speed
78 Stamina
65 Strength

Remember, stats are facts. cheesy Coogar, today is Sunday. I am going to enjoy my weekend. This argument has been over since.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:

All these is nonsense. Give up already. This is a flawless victory for me.

Agility has its own marks.
Strength has its own mark.
Balance, which is a different entiry, has its mark.

All these are some of the components of a player PHYSICALITY

i like how you claim moral victories when you have been exposed as an illiterate. balance has less to do with power than agility. the more agile a player is, the more likely he's going to keep the ball even when challenged because he can twist & turn as he pleases.

* You have shot yourself. As you claim, if agility determines balance, how come Lahm with less agility than Robben has more balance.

* Balance is just one component of power. How did Lahm fare in other components? There are some players who did well in jumping but didnt have other components to back up.

if balance is just one component of power, why did you just isolate balance in your previous posts?

according to FIFA.....

Balance is how well can your player stay standing on their feet? Helps determine how well they can make sharp turns and such.

Agile players normally have more balance. This can factor into when your player is shielding the ball. This also applies to changing direction.

Philipp
Lahm
FC Bayern • Germany

FIFA 15
Physical
77 Acceleration
83 Agility
92 Balance
72 Jumping
92 Reactions
76 Sprint Speed
88 Stamina
59 Strength

Robben
Physical
93 Acceleration
93 Agility
91 Balance
61 Jumping
89 Reactions
93 Sprint Speed
78 Stamina
65 Strength

if you didn't use balance as the sole determinant of strength, i wouldn't have used phillip lahm as my reference. you know your point falls flat in the face if you think lahm has more power than yaya toure.

Remember, stats are facts. cheesy Coogar, today is Sunday. I am going to enjoy my weekend. This argument has been over since.

i never partook in the argument from the outset but when you made balance the sole determinant of power, i had to shut you down for such a big lie.

kagawa has 93 agility & 91 balance. by your logic, kagawa who you deemed as an indomie player has the same power as robben? kagawa is stronger than sanchez, toure and rooney?

get the fück outta here with your village analysis.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:10am On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:

i like how you claim moral victories when you have been exposed as an illiterate. balance has less to do with power than agility. the more agile a player is, the more likely he's going to keep the ball even when challenged because he can twist & turn as he pleases.

You are the STARK illiterate here because you are arguing with facts.

Total Physical Lahm= 639
Total Physical Robben = 663

coogar:

if balance is just one component of power, why did you just isolate balance in your previous posts?
according to FIFA.....
Balance is how well can your player stay standing on their feet? Helps determine how well they can make sharp turns and such.
Agile players normally have more balance. This can factor into when your player is shielding the ball. This also applies to changing direction.

if you didn't use balance as the [b]sole determinant of strength, i wouldn't have used phillip lahm as my reference[/b]. you know your point falls flat in the face if you think lahm has more power than yaya toure..

Balance is just one component. I was buttressing my earlier point that physical muscle or body built has nothing to do with power- when talking about pace and power in football, I can never say Daniel Shittu has pace and power. Neither would I say Super Eagles Ogbude has pace and power. But Ramires has pace and power. Sanchez has pace and power. Kagawa doesn't have pace and power even if he has one or two components going for him.

coogar:
i never partook in the argument from the outset but when you made balance as the sole determinant of power, i had to shut you down for such a big lie.

you were part of the argument before I brought Oshoala's example.

I never said that Balance is the sole determinant of power. I have always said, power in football means a different thing than power like Hulk Hogan. Hulk Hogan, no matter how he strikes the ball, won't hit it well beyond 40 yards. But let Mata hit it.

coogar:

kagawa has 93 agility & 91 balance. by your logic, kagawa who you deemed as an indomie player has the same power as robben? kagawa is stronger than sanchez, toure and rooney?
get the fück outta here with your village analysis.

What is Kagawa's total under physicality?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:

You are the STARK illiterate here because you are arguing with facts.

Total Physical Lahm= 639
Total Physical Robben = 663

which facts are you reeling out? do you know how many players that have more than 663 as their total physical attributes? what has physical attributes gotta do with power? you have failed simple IQ test, kiddo.

Balance is just one component. I was buttressing my earlier point that physical muscle or body built has nothing to do with power- when talking about pace and power in football, I can never say Daniel Shittu has pace and power. Neither would I say Super Eagles Ogbude has pace and power. But Ramires has pace and power. Sanchez has pace and power. Kagawa doesn't have pace and power even if he has one or two components going for him.

you were part of the argument before I brought Oshoala's example.

I never said that Balance is the sole determinant of power. I have always said, power in football means a different thing than power like Hulk Hogan. Hulk Hogan, no matter how he strikes the ball, won't hit it well beyond 40 yards. But let Mata hit it.

What is Kagawa's total under physicality?

so explain this post of yours then....

https://www.nairaland.com/871307/official-manchester-united-fan-thread/1571#32872050
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:22am On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:

which facts are you reeling out? do you know how many players that have more than 663 as their total physical attributes? what has physical attributes gotta do with power? you have failed simple IQ test, kiddo.

Who are these players?

It's you your simple IQ has failed because I have proven that Robben has power based on stat. Of all the players you guys said have power more than Robben, stats show he beat them in physical attributes. If at all there is a footballer out there with higher score under physicality, then it means the footballer has power more than Robben.

coogar:

so explain this post of yours then....

https://www.nairaland.com/871307/official-manchester-united-fan-thread/1571#32872050

The post is saying, power in football (usually used while referring to pace and power), is not about body built.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:36am On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:

Who are these players?

plenty of them on FIFA15.
many of them are even silver-rated. low quality players with plenty of physical attributes. stop arguing with someone who builds teams on FIFA.

It's you your simple IQ has failed because I have proven that Robben has power based on stat. Of all the players you guys said have power more than Robben, stats show he beat them in physical attributes. If at all there is a footballer out there with higher score under physicality, then it means the footballer has power more than Robben.

he doesn't have more power.
look at the subsets of the physical stats. are you trying to argue reactions has something to do with power? grin

acceleration has nothing to do with power. jumping has nothing to do with power. sprint speed has nothing to do with power. yet, you have all these things under physical. the only 2 stats you need under physical to determine power are stamina & strength.

The post is saying, power in football (usually used while referring to pace and power), is not about body built.

how can this post say that?
power is different from pace. everyone knows what pace is. no one would argue robben is pacier than toure......but toure is powerful than robben. stop lumping 2 different distinctive attributes together.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:

plenty of them on FIFA15.
many of them are even silver-rated. low quality players with plenty of physical attributes. stop arguing with someone who builds teams on FIFA.

That means they actually are more physical than Robben. You can be skillful and technical and still be physical. You can be skillful and technical with no much physicality.

You can be physical with little skills and technique -a low profile footballer with power. Many of them in African leagues. grin

coogar:

he doesn't have more power.
look at the subsets of the physical stats. are you trying to argue reactions has something to do with power? grin

Reaction has everything to do with power. Lazy players won't react fast. Someone like Mikel. grin

coogar:
acceleration has nothing to do with power. jumping has nothing to do with power. sprint speed has nothing to do with power. yet, you have all these things under physical. the only 2 stats you need under physical to determine power are stamina & strength.

Ukwu!!!

All these are the core component of power.

Acceleration= This has some stuff to do with power.
Jumping= Any one who can jump has power. You need to build your upper muscle and other exercises to be able to jump high or long.

Sprint speed= This is all about power. Consistent sprint speed over 50 meter (without fluctuation in speed) is about power. When an athlete has top speed and it fluctuates, he will need to build his upper muscle.

Stamina= See my comment below. A component of physicality but not about muscle or bulkiness.

Strength= This has something to do with power, particularly in the sense of physical built and ability to lift weight. However, it's just one component of football power.

coogar:
the only 2 stats you need under physical to determine power are [b]stamina & strength.[/b]

The bolded reveals to me you did not do outdoor sports. Stamina is about how durable one can last. Normally, slim players should last longer if they have done the right exercises from childhood. Slim athletes who burn much energy training long hours from childhood should have more stamina. This is why marathon runners have so much stamina. When I was playing, I had a lot of stamina. I could do 1,500 meters very well, beating those who beat me in sprint race. My sprint speed was later increased when I was introduced to weight lifting. But weight did not alter my slim built, the power is inside my body.

Darley Blind
Physical
68 Acceleration
73 Agility
72 Balance
66 Jumping
83 Reactions
64 Sprint Speed
92 Stamina
73 Strength

So according to you, Blind is very powerful.

Akinfenwa
59 Stamina
97 Strength

Akinfenwa total in Stamina and Strenght is 156. Blind is 165. Coogar give up! I am discussing practical but you are talking theory. cheesy

coogar:

power is different from pace. everyone knows what pace is. no one would argue robben is pacier than toure......but toure is powerful than robben. stop lumping 2 different distinctive attributes together.

Sprint is part of power. FIFA acknowledges this. Why distorting facts? When you watch football and you see someone run with so much energy, force and consistently over 40-50 yards, just know that player has power. If the speed fluctuates, the person doesn't have power.

I might not be able to respond again. I will be too busy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:
the only 2 stats you need under physical to determine power are stamina & strength.

Darley Blind
92 Stamina
73 Strength

Akinfenwa
59 Stamina
97 Strength

According to you, Daley Blind is more powerful than Akindenwa. Akinfenwa total in Stamina and Strength is 156. Blind is 165.

I had to highlight the above. Akinfenwa doesn't have football power. He is better suited a weight lifter. Football power is not about muscle or grabbis or built like a gorila.

I am sure if this Akinfenwa chases Januzaj twice, he would be tired for the rest of the game. Then even Mata will just be having a free strol past him in the rest of the match. Is that the player you said has power? Someone who cannot last? Someone without a resilience? A monument?

Football is a mobile game, for you to be seen in having power for the game or in the game of football, so much energy has to be seen in you movement, sprint movements, some with jumping ability, and it has to be seen throughout a game.

I have to go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:

That means they actually are more physical than Robben. You can be skillful and technical and still be physical. You can be skillful and technical with no much physicality.

You can be physical with little skills and technique -a low profile footballer with power. Many of them in African leagues. grin

so you knew this before and you were using balance alone to prove a player is more powerful? you should face-palm!

Reaction has everything to do with power. Lazy players won't react fast. Someone like Mikel. grin

reaction is a mental attribute. nothing to do with power.

Ukwu!!!

All these are the core component of power.

Acceleration= This has some stuff to do with power.
Jumping= Any one who can jump has power. You need to build your upper muscle and other exercises to be able to jump high or long.

Sprint speed= This is all about power. Consistent sprint speed over 50 meter (without fluctuation in speed) is about power. When an athlete has top speed and it fluctuates, he will need to build his upper muscle.

Stamina= See my comment below. A component of physicality but not about muscle or bulkiness.

Strength= This has something to do with power, particularly in the sense of physical built and ability to lift weight. However, it's just one component of football power.

lies.....
they are the core components of physical, not power. robben is rated 64 physical by FIFA & toure is rated 90. as you can see, your theory falls flat on its face.

The bolded reveals to me you did not do outdoor sports. Stamina is about how durable one can last. Normally, slim players should last longer if they have done the right exercises from childhood. Slim athletes who burn much energy training long hours from childhood should have more stamina. This is why marathon runners have so much stamina. When I was playing, I had a lot of stamina. I could do 1,500 meters very well, beating those who beat me in sprint race. My sprint speed was later increased when I was introduced to weight lifting. But weight did not alter my slim built, the power is inside my body.

Darley Blind
Physical
68 Acceleration
73 Agility
72 Balance
66 Jumping
83 Reactions
64 Sprint Speed
92 Stamina
73 Strength

So according to you, Blind is very powerful.

Akinfenwa
59 Stamina
97 Strength

Akinfenwa total in Stamina and Strenght is 156. Blind is 165. Coogar give up! I am discussing practical but you are talking theory. cheesy

i said power = strength & stamina.
stop isolating either of the attributes or adding the 2 together like simple arithmetic. it could be strength + 1/2 of stamina or some weird calculations that wouldn't be straight forward like adding them together on equal weights.

Sprint is part of power. FIFA acknowledges this. Why distorting facts? When you watch football and you see someone run with so much energy, force and consistently over 40-50 yards, just know that player has power. If the speed fluctuates, the person doesn't have power.

robben - 64 physical
blind - 77 physical.

blind is more physical than robben & there are more than 1000 players in the world with more physical attributes than robben.

even if we agree that your own definition of pawa must include pace then walcott is more pawaful than robben. walcott has 96 pace & 64 physical.

I might not be able to respond again. I will be too busy.

it doesn't matter whether you reply or not. you have made the u-turn yourself by acknowledging balance has very little to do with power.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Van Gaal: United played their best match of the season at Chelsea

BBC: Louis, do you feel unlucky not to have won this game?

VG: It doesn't matter how I feel, I think.

BBC: But on possession, and on the amount of time you spent in Chelsea's half, you would say that you were at least as good as they were?

VG: I don't have to say it. In football it's only counting the goals and they scored one goal. It was the first shot on the goal and, against Crystal Palace, I believe it was in the 90th minute, so they did better today.

BBC: Are you frustrated by what you've seen?

VG: I am not frustrated, I am very proud of my team. Why do I have to be frustrated?

BBC: Just at losing the game...

VG: We played the best match of the season.

BBC: Is that how highly you rate the performance, yeah?

VG: Yeah, you don't?

BBC: No, I'm just interested in how you see it...

VG: Okay, that's good ... that you are interested.

BBC: You changed things around today because you had to. Did it work exactly as you intended it to, with Wayne Rooney back in midfield?

VG: When I say that we played the best match of the world, and is this a rhetorical question, I think.

BBC: What about the incident at the end? Should you have had a penalty?

VG: When you want to evaluate the referee then also you have to evaluate the first goal. In my opinion, that's the main decision of the referee.

BBC: Are you taking issue with what you feel maybe is a foul on [Radamel] Falcao?

VG: Maybe you can watch on television. Repetition, maybe.

BBC: Do you think it was a foul on Falcao in the build-up?

VG: So! You know that?! Okay...

BBC: Thanks, Louis.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2015/04/19/10913242/van-gaal-united-played-their-best-match-of-the-season-at?ICID=HP_BN_5

Really? Any way I don log out so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
Na club be dis? shocked shocked shocked

Always losing. cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:

Darley Blind
92 Stamina
73 Strength

Akinfenwa
59 Stamina
97 Strength

According to you, Daley Blind is more powerful than Akindenwa. Akinfenwa total in Stamina and Strength is 156. Blind is 165.

I had to highlight the above. Akinfenwa doesn't have football power. He is better suited a weight lifter. Football power is not about muscle or grabbis or built like a gorila.
I am sure if this Akinfenwa chases Januzaj twice, he would be tired for the rest of the game. Then even Mata will just be having a free strol past him in the rest of the match. Is that the player you said has power? Someone who cannot last? Someone without a resilience? A monument?

Football is a mobile game, for you to be seen in having power for the game or in the game of football, so much energy has to be seen in you movement, sprint movements, some with jumping ability, and it has to be seen throughout a game.

and how did you know the solution was a straight addition of both parameters? this is my problem with you. you make your own argument & then prove it is wrong.

what makes you think power isn't strength + 10% of stamina divided by 5? or some other variables added to it. how can you just conclude its a straight addition of both parameters?

at the end of it all - akinfenwa is 78 physical while blind is 77 physical. simple logic would tell you the emphasis on strength had more weight than stamina in the algorithm used to determine their overall physical score. it couldn't have been as straight forward as you put it by adding x + y.

I have to go.

happy sunday!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:

and how did you know the solution was a straight addition of both parameters? this is my problem with you. you make your own argument & then prove it is wrong.

what makes you think power isn't strength + 10% of stamina divided by 5? or some other variables added to it. how can you just conclude its a straight addition of both parameters?

at the end of it all - akinfenwa is 78 physical while blind is 77 physical. simple logic would tell you the emphasis on strength had more weight than stamina in the algorithm used to determine their overall physical score. it couldn't have been as straight forward as you put it by adding x + y.

happy sunday!

I have addressed all your objections and you keep repeating things I have already addressed. I told you there are 8 items under physical. Now you brought a figure without source. From your figure, Akinfenwa is just 1 mark above Blind. You told us last week Akinfenwa is the most physical player in the world. So now, may be Blind is the second most physical. Ukwu!!!

Your Walcott speed argument has been taken care of in my previous posts. It's hereby render useless.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:

yes, i agree with you that jose is a hypocrite but i can not begrudge his tactical approach. it's been 5 years since they won the league....not too many chelsea fans would care how they go about it.

he did what he had to do & he delivered the 3 points. his team had entertained for most parts of the season. they earned the right to play the way they did today. we had our moment to change the complexion of the game but we missed that golden chance.

we contributed to jose's tactical approach.

Very apt. Parking the Bus and attacking through counters is part of tactics that can be applied against your opponents and its within the laws of the game.

There are times on this thread we have been happy winning a game even when we know we didn't deserve it as regards the nonsense we put out but were just happy we got the 3points.

Jose simply did what he had to do to get his 3points. By the time they lift the cup who will remember parking the bus, not that they applied it in every game they played. They chose which games to apply it and which game they went outright to win. Its called using your brain.

Unlike LVG, everything na possession.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
elampiro:

I have addressed all your objections and you keep repeating things I have already addressed. I told you there are 8 items under physical. Now you brought a figure without source. From your figure, Akinfenwa is just 1 mark above Blind. You told us last week Akinfenwa is the most physical player in the world. So now, may be Blind is the second most physical. Ukwu!!!

akinfenwa is the strongest player in the world. he's rated 97(strength) but his overall physical score is 78. blind's overall score is 77. suarez is 79. walcott, robben & hazard are 64.

Your Walcott speed argument has been taken care of in my previous posts. It's hereby render useless.

Happy Sunday.

that was after you confessed your definition of pawa = pace & power abi nor be you write this one?

elampawa:
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
pazienza:
The match was well poised for a boring draw, but Hazard's brilliance handed Chelsea all the three points.
What will Chelsea and Mourinho do without Hazard!
wait, isnt it d same 'overrated' hazard Haters are funny
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
codedguy1:

Very apt. Parking the Bus and attacking through counters is part of tactics that can be applied against your opponents and its within the laws of the game.

There are times on this thread we have been happy winning a game even when we know we didn't deserve it as regards the nonsense we put out but were just happy we got the 3points.

Jose simply did what he had to do to get his 3points. By the time they lift the cup who will remember parking the bus, not that they applied it in every game they played. They chose which games to apply it and which game they went outright to win. Its called using your brain.

Unlike LVG, everything na possession.
grin grin

both managers approached the game the right way. jose didn't need to win, we needed to. we couldn't have gone to SB and park the bus like jose did. jose could do it because all he needed to do was to avoid defeat.

committing men forward like we did means we could be vulnerable at the back but we are bound to create scoring chances. chelsea capitalised on one of those vulnerable moments and scored.

when we created those scoring chances, we failed to capitalise and get the reward for the risks we were taking. rooney missed 2 good chances that could have been that reward. shaw's key pass & the free header rooney got from a corner kick.

the result was our fault!

bigkesh:
wait, isnt it d same 'overrated' hazard Haters are funny

hazard scoring a goal against united does not mean he's not overrated. tadic scored a winner against united at old trafford , is he world class?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dadehmola:
Elampiro, this your obsession with pace, power, strength etc is becoming a major cause for concern.

There must be something you aren't telling us

Elampiro girlfriend go don hear am.

Everytime na pace and pawa, nothing like cuddling and carressing.
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

It's not over yet homie
keep praying because it's not in the bag yet
mtchew abeg shift make I piss undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
MUFC is back ...... to losing cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
what do y'all make of Ander Herrera's performance in the holding role?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
coogar:

akinfenwa is the strongest player in the world. he's rated 97(strength) but his overall physical score is 78. blind's overall score is 77. suarez is 79. walcott, robben & hazard are 64.

that was after you confessed your definition of pawa = pace & power abi nor be you write this one?

If you have been reading my posts since last week, I have said emphatically that power in football is not about speed alone, and it's definitely not about body built. My posts are there. Footballing is not weight lifting so we are not talking about bulk body where a player becomes a monument. On the other hand, I cannot say Ahmed Musa has power, despite his speed. This is why I said there are components. Last week, Chrisley asked me if it's about physical strength, I said no, that there are components. Now, FIFA 15 appeared to have helped me a great deal to break down the components. I think the 8 components of a player's physical under FIFA 15 is the best comprehensive representation of a football player's power on the field especially when scored over 800.

As for Akinfenwa, he doesn't have football power. He shouldn't even have been a footballer. I wonder how much body pains he feels when he gets home after training and matches. Since I came on this thread, I have never referred to such players as having football power (pace and power). I mentioned Ramires and Robben in the very first few months I got here. I also added Toure after a while.

Now that it's obvious we are not on same page on what it means when it's said a player is having pace and power, I wonder how I am going to be describing such players to you guys understanding. Even commentators and sports journalists frequently use 'pace and power' for Robben.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.