Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8729578 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:49pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

so central midfield is now the wing? grin

I missed this post.

I meant Rooney was in central midfield vs Stoke, vs West Ham, vs Villa on the day we won the league in our three nil win over Villa. When he gave RVP the Assists for the best goal of the season, Rooney was playing in the central midfield.

He was in the wing in Madrid and some league games. There was a certain game he was awarded the MOTM after he score the two goals from the right wing. Although left wing his his better wing position

It's hard to follow all the post when one is busy and there were three people arguing with me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:52pm On May 28, 2015
elampiro:

So you mean Chcihairo who was the top striker, who usualy was isolated up front had 1 shot in 90 minutes?
This sounds true to you?

chicharito's number of minutes in 11/12 & 10/11 were similar. he had 1477 mins in 11/12 & 1482 mins in 10/11. his shots per game in 11/12 was 1.7 & it was 2 shots per game in 10/11(his most prolific season for us).

so how come rooney was able to cop double the amount of chicharito's most prolific season in the hole? come on - you should know your theory doesn't add up that rooney was in the hole in 11/12. he played alongside chicharito that season & this was why he was angry when he was dropped behind RVP the following season.

What about his Assists? Rooney kind of football is one who complement with midfield duties, like tracking Michael Essien in our two legged UCL fixtures.

assists?
who remembers assists when talking about the football greats like messi, ronaldo, falcao, RVP, henry? like i have said.....rooney's poor performance as a goalscorer is the reason irrelevant stats get brought up.

with rooney - you have to consider his form, fitness, starting position, defensive contribution, weather, oversized boots, family issues, etc when talking about his goal stats. he's a mediocre player. only mediocre players need a boat load of excuses to perform.

This is why you and I saw Robben differently two years back. You and your apostles said Robben was not worth more than 15 to 20 million and I said he was worth about 40 to over 50 million. You were looking at figures, I was looking at his overall contribution. Same way we saw Hazard differently this last season. You always look at figures alone.

hazard is wack!
as a player, he is not as good as david silva. you kowtow opinions while i stick with facts produced by simple statistics.

robben is a good player but at his age, no one would pay more than £15m for him. he's hardly fit & he is not marketable enough to sell shirts. the value of players goes beyond pitch performance.

Even thought, Rooney figures Assists+Goals are not bad, they are very good but not excellent. You are entitled to your opinion though and and also allowed to have disciples and apostles in your ministry or school of though. But they never represent the club's opinion or his various managers opinions.

they are very bad!
we are talking about 13 seasons here. 13 full seasons of football & he's got only 187 league goals to show for it. it is atrocious - you can paint it anyhow you want. ronaldo only just completed his 6th season in madrid, do we need to remind you how many league goals he's scored in spain as a winger?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:55pm On May 28, 2015
elampiro:

I missed this post.

I meant Rooney was in central midfield vs Stoke, vs West Ham, vs Villa on the day we won the league in our three nil win over Villa. When he gave RVP the Assists for the best goal of the season, Rooney was playing in the central midfield.

He was in the wing in Madrid and some league games. There was a certain game he was awarded the MOTM after he score the two goals from the right wing. Although left wing his his better wing position

It's hard to follow all the post when one is busy and there were three people arguing with me.

biko, stop colouring the argument!
we don't care about rooney's stats in european games - every man & his dog know he was often the sacrificial lamb in those games cos we don't do 4-4-2 in europe.

we are concerned about league games only - thus the constant reference to his 187 EPL goals - we are focusing on the league games not european games so all those your references to the games in roma, madrid, barcelona, etc are highly irrelevant.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:56pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

has benzema ever won the pichichi?
how can you rate a striker that has never scored 22 league goals in one season in spain? this is the same madrid side that scored more than 100+ league goals when jose was there. abeg, benzema is useless. with the quality in the team he plays for, he should be averaging 30 league goals per season.
i would've loved to continue dis arguement, but ur post signifies only one thing "YOU DISLIKE HIM" when ronaldo became united hitman how many of our strikers scored 20+ goals in the epl? Tevez rooney berbetov saha and alan smith? Which one? When david villa came to dat great barca team how many league goals him score? Ibrahimovic nkor? Dat 11/12 season de centre forward position was shared between hiquain and benzema, both of them scoring 22 and 21 goals respectively with benzema leading hiquain with 6assist to hiquain's 5. Hiquain was sold and he remained, morata too was sold and he still remained, u think say madrid and dia supporters blind? Just say you hate his style of play, not that he's a useless player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:58pm On May 28, 2015
I will be back later pls.

I will investigate that Cicharito's shots claim. I will bring it out easily. Shots per minutes played.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:00pm On May 28, 2015
weedtaker:
i would've loved to continue dis arguement, but ur post signifies only one thing "YOU DISLIKE HIM" when ronaldo became united hitman how many of our strikers scored 20+ goals in the epl? Tevez rooney berbetov saha and alan smith? Which one? When david villa came to dat great barca team how many league goals him score? Ibrahimovic nkor? Dat 11/12 season de centre forward position was shared between hiquain and benzema, both of them scoring 22 and 21 goals respectively with benzema leading hiquain with 6assist to hiquain's 5. Hiquain was sold and he remained, morata too was sold and he still remained, u think say madrid and dia supporters blind? Just say you hate his style of play, not that he's a useless player.

with zidane firmly behind him, he will not go anywhere. that centre forward position has been their blindspot for years. is it so much for madrid to have acquired any of falcao, aguero, suarez, etc in the last 2-3 seasons?

would you put benzema in your top 10 strikers in europe in the last 6 seasons? seriously - would you?

elampiro:
I will be back later pls.
I will investigate that Cicharito's shots claim. I will bring it out easily. Shots per minutes played.

go & investigate - then come back and tell us why rooney more than doubled chicharito's number of shots. if rooney was playing in the hole, that hole must have been in the 6-yard box. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:05pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

chicharito's number of minutes in 11/12 & 10/11 were similar. he had 1477 mins in 11/12 & 1482 mins in 10/11. his shots per game in 11/12 was 1.7 & it was 2 shots per game in 10/11(his most prolific season for us).

so how come rooney was able to cop double the amount of chicharito's most prolific season in the hole? come on - you should know your theory doesn't add up that rooney was in the hole in 11/12. he played alongside chicharito that season & this was why he was angry when he was dropped behind RVP the following season.

assists?
who remembers assists when talking about the football greats like messi, ronaldo, falcao, RVP, henry? like i have said.....rooney's poor performance as a goalscorer is the reason irrelevant stats get brought up.

with rooney - you have to consider his form, fitness, starting position, defensive contribution, weather, oversized boots, family issues, etc when talking about his goal stats. he's a mediocre player. only mediocre players need a boat load of excuses to perform.

hazard is wack!
as a player, he is not as good as david silva. you kowtow opinions while i stick with facts produced by simple statistics.

robben is a good player but at his age, no one would pay more than £15m for him. he's hardly fit & he is not marketable enough to sell shirts. the value of players goes beyond pitch performance.

they are very bad!
we are talking about 13 seasons here. 13 full seasons of football & he's got only 187 league goals to show for it. it is atrocious - you can paint it anyhow you want. ronaldo only just completed his 6th season in madrid, do we need to remind you how many league goals he's scored in spain as a winger?

Now:

1. How many total shots did Chicharito took? We can work it our visavis Rooney. We also look at the area the shots were taken. I will bring it out later myself.

2. As for Assists, hahahahaha. Something you used to promote Ozil when he just arrived EPL. Now it's useless. You even used it to promote Mata over Hazard and Oscar about 16 months back. Coogar I hail you o. Alaiye baba. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:11pm On May 28, 2015
elampiro:

Now:
1. How many total shots did Chicharito took? We can work it our visavis Rooney. We also look at the area the shots were taken. I will bring it out later myself.

the numbers are grim!
rooney took 102 shots(open play) in 11/12, chicharito took only 36 shots(open play). i ignored set pieces cos that would be your excuse that rooney took freekicks & penalties.

2. As for Assists, hahahahaha. Something you used to promote Ozil when he just arrived EPL. Now it's useless. You even used it to promote Mata over Hazard and Oscar about 16 months back. Coogar I hail you o. Alaiye baba. grin

is ozil a striker?
why would ozil's assist not feature when he has never ever played as a centre forward? elampawa, compare like for like abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:19pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

with zidane firmly behind him, he will not go anywhere. that centre forward position has been their blindspot for years. is it so much for madrid to have acquired any of falcao, aguero, suarez, etc in the last 2-3 seasons?

would you put benzema in your top 10 strikers in europe in the last 6 seasons? seriously - would you?
so na zidane go stop madrid from getting a prolific striker abi?, falcao, aguero, suarez would still stay below Ronaldo in the goal scoring charts, they are clinical in front of goal than benzema but their overall play are not better than his, benzema's rate of 1.8 key passes per game, how many pure forwards can match that? In the last 3years, he's simply de BEST. And if he cums to united he'll score 30+ league goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:25pm On May 28, 2015
weedtaker:
so na zidane go stop madrid from getting a prolific striker abi?, falcao, aguero, suarez would still stay below Ronaldo in the goal scoring charts, they are clinical in front of goal than benzema but their overall play are not better than his, benzema's rate of 1.8 key passes per game, how many pure forwards can match that? In the last 3years, he's simply de BEST. And if he cums to united he'll score 30+ league goals

we can do better than benzema....
please, drop the idea. sweet jesus, he would be 28 this year. not another OAP that would stop performing in another 1-2 seasons.

let's find a younger talent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:11pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

we can do better than benzema....
please, drop the idea. sweet jesus, he would be 28 this year. not another OAP that would stop performing in another 1-2 seasons.

let's find a younger talent.
now you are talking, but he can be our new van persie(1 season wonder, nd delivers the title on a plate)., de problem is his transfer fee, its too high, you should not also forget that we do have a winger who has eyes for goal, and is less concerned about providing assist for teammates and that is memphis depay, so a young striker with all around play will get the best out of depay and de team too, cuz we'll set up in de traditional 4 3 3 next season jxt lyk madrid bayern nd barca, we need a player similar to the wayne rooney of 2005-09.. And i've not yet seen someone like that, though i've not watched lacazette nd dyabala maybe dey do posses such qualities, someone should give use clue about this guys
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:33pm On May 28, 2015
weedtaker:
now you are talking, but he can be our new van persie(1 season wonder, nd delivers the title on a plate)., de problem is his transfer fee, its too high, you should not also forget that we do have a winger who has eyes for goal, and is less concerned about providing assist for teammates and that is memphis depay, so a young striker with all around play will get the best out of depay and de team too, cuz we'll set up in de traditional 4 3 3 next season jxt lyk madrid bayern nd barca, we need a player similar to the wayne rooney of 2005-09.. And i've not yet seen someone like that, though i've not watched lacazette nd dyabala maybe dey do posses such qualities, someone should give use clue about this guys

lewandowski is also fine.
he doesn't deserve that yeye bayern club. without robben & ribery providing the ammo, he was a bit goal-shy and he was unfairly criticised.

lacazette is a raw talent. young, highly mobile & his penetrative runs are world class. just imagine saha in 03/04 with the deadly finish of van nistelrooy. dybala seems to have completed his medical in turin so he's certainly juventus-bound.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:39pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

lewandowski is also fine.
he doesn't deserve that yeye bayern club. without robben & ribery providing the ammo, he was a bit goal-shy and he was unfairly criticised.

You can only admire Lewandowski you can't touch him

We can give you Dante though in exchange for Mata
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:41pm On May 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

buhahaha.....
your club isn't as rich as ours. watch out for the raid at munich. bastian & robert are on their way to OT! you heard it here first. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 2:50pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

the numbers are grim!
rooney took 102 shots(open play) in 11/12, chicharito took only 36 shots(open play). i ignored set pieces cos that would be your excuse that rooney took freekicks & penalties.

is ozil a striker?
why would ozil's assist not feature when he has never ever played as a centre forward? elampawa, compare like for like abeg.

Sometimes i don't get this Elampawa guy. Who the fúck will talk about Ozil or buy Ozil if not for his assists and ability to create chances for the strikers? Who in his sane mind will talk about Rooney and leave out goals and talk about the assist he will create? When Chelshit was coming for Rooney, is it not for him to attack? If Chelshit had gotten Rooney would Costa still be bought? I don't even know you are still arguing this with Elams, he'll never agree with anybody.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:57pm On May 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

Smalling and Jones are better than Dante! Please keep the douchebag. We are signing a good CB please.
As for Lewy,I have a feeling he might leave this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:06pm On May 28, 2015
slimghost:

Smalling and Jones are better than Dante! Please keep the douchebag. We are signing a good CB please.
As for Lewy,I have a feeling he might leave this summer.

That feeling would need blood tonic to cure.

Just like this time last season some people on this thread were swearing that robben and muller would move to old Trashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:07pm On May 28, 2015
sinizia:

Sometimes i don't get this Elampawa guy. Who the fúck will talk about Ozil or buy Ozil if not for his assists and ability to create chances for the strikers? Who in his sane mind will talk about Rooney and leave out goals and talk about the assist he will create? When Chelshit was coming for Rooney, is it not for him to attack? If Chelshit had gotten Rooney would Costa still be bought? I don't even know you are still arguing this with Elams, he'll never agree with anybody.

elampawa is a rooney fan through & through. even when rooney produced the worst performance of any striker in a man utd shirt against bayern munich last season, elampiro praised him that he had a brilliant game. grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:26pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

chọi.. Make we do juv wetin chelshit do spurs for willian deal na grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:39pm On May 28, 2015
[b]1. 2011/12 season. Shots from inside and outside the box.

Name...........Outside the box............Inside the box
Rooney............... 84.........................73
Chicharito........... 6...........................41
Welbeck............. 14......................... 66
Berbatov............. 1...........................15

This says it all. Rooney played in the hole. grin 83% of Chicharito's shots were from inside the box. 82% of Welbeck's shots were from inside the box. 93% of Berba's shots were from inside the box. Only 46% of Rooney's shots were from inside the box.

2. Further Breakdown.
Name.........Outside the box......Inside the penalty area.....Inside the six yard box
Rooney............... 84.........................59.............................14
Chicharito........... 6...........................29............................ 12
Welbeck............. 14......................... 57..............................9
Berbatov............. 1...........................13..............................2

Now look at Rooney shots from inside the 6 yard box. Rooney played a whole 2839 minutes and had just 14 shots inside the 6 yard box. Chicharito played only 1477 and had 12 shots inside the box, almost as Rooney had.
[/b]

3. Shots outside of the box in 2011/2012
Rooney = every 33.8 mins
Chicharito= every 246.2 mins
Welbeck = every 144 minutes (Welbeck played on the wings too which boosted his shot outside the bix but nothing near Rooney's figure)
Berbatov= every 513 mins.

I will be back later. This says it all that Rooney played in the hole. Yori Yori. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:51pm On May 28, 2015
elampiro:
[b]1. 2011/12 season. Shots from inside and outside the box.

Name...........Outside the box............Inside the box
Rooney............... 84.........................73
Chicharito........... 6...........................41
Welbeck............. 14......................... 66
Berbatov............. 1...........................15

This says it all. Rooney played in the hole. grin 83% of Chicharito's shots were from inside the box. 82% of Welbeck's shots were from inside the box. 93% of Berba's shots were from inside the box. Only 46% of Rooney's shots were from inside the box.

2. Further Breakdown.
Name.........Outside the box......Inside the penalty area.....Inside the six yard box
Rooney............... 84.........................59.............................14
Chicharito........... 6...........................29............................ 12
Welbeck............. 14......................... 57..............................9
Berbatov............. 1...........................13..............................2

Now look at Rooney shots from inside the 6 yard box. Rooney played a whole 2839 minutes and had just 14 shots inside the 6 yard box. Chicharito played only 1477 and had 12 shots inside the box, almost as Rooney had.
[/b]

3. Shots outside of the box in 2011/2012
Rooney = every 33.8 mins
Chicharito= every 246.2 mins
Welbeck = every 144 minutes (Welbeck played on the wings too which boosted his shot outside the bix but nothing near Rooney's figure)
Berbatov= every 513 mins.

I will be back later. This says it all that Rooney played in the hole. Yori Yori. cheesy

this is a fraudulent statistics!
rooney's low percentage of shots taken inside the box were spiked because of his ridiculous number of set plays he took as shots from outside the box.

rooney(43 shots) + 8 penalties
chicha(9 shots)
welbeck(10 shots)
berbatov(3 shots) + 2 penalties

the true statistic would count only the shots taken via open play & not include setplays....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:53pm On May 28, 2015
sinizia:

So Ozil was bought to make Assists for 40 million pounds, yet Rooney beats him in Assists last season- if I remember well 'cos I didnt check? Here you are there complaining that Rooney is over paid? our hypocrisy is alarming.

Let me get it down to you, if Rooney was meant not to Assists as you say, and then he went on to beat such players like Coutinho, Ozil, Carzola and Mata in Assists, then Rooney is worth his pay. In 2012/2013 Rooney defeated Mata, Carzola etc in Assists provided per minutes played. He has nearly 100 Assists in EPL alone with 187 goals. Yet Ozil was bought for 40 million just to provide Assists? Then Rooney is worth 500k/week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:00pm On May 28, 2015
elampiro:

So Ozil was bought to make Assists for 40 million pounds, yet Rooney beats him in Assists last season- if I remember well 'cos I didnt check? Here you are there complaining that Rooney is over paid? our hypocrisy is alarming.

Let me get it down to you, if Rooney was meant not to Assists as you say, and then he went on to beat such players like Coutinho, Ozil, Carzola and Mata in Assists, then Rooney is worth his pay. In 2012/2013 Rooney defeated Mata, Carzola etc in Assists provided per minutes played. He has nearly 100 Assists in EPL alone with 187 goals. Yet Ozil was bought for 40 million just to provide Assists? Then Rooney is worth 500k/week.

rooney has 100 assists in 13 EPL seasons. it's not even up to 8 league assists per season. grin

did ozil not cop 9 assists last season? what's the biggie about rooney's 100 league assists? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:01pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

this is a fraudulent statistics!
rooney's low percentage of shots taken inside the box were spiked because of his ridiculous number of set plays he took as shots from outside the box.

rooney(43 shots) + 8 penalties
chicha(9 shots)
welbeck(10 shots)
berbatov(3 shots) + 2 penalties

the true statistic would count only the shots taken via setplays.....not the overall shots!

This is vague. Please write like the Coogar we know.

1. Are you saying Rooney took 35 set plays outside the box? Then Chicharito took 9 set plays outside the box? How possible when Chicha had only 6 shots from outside the box?

2. Even if that were to be true? Did you include corner kicks?

3. Even if Rooney had 35 set plays deducted, he is still a zillion miles ahead of Chicharito who had just 6 shots.

Helo?

If I dont have time to reply now, pls bear with me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:04pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

rooney has 100 assists in 13 EPL seasons. it's not even up to 8 league assists per season. grin

did ozil not cop 9 assists last season? what's the biggie about rooney's 100 league assists? grin

Ozil was bought for 40 million to cope 9 Assist? Now we know who the fraudsters in EPL are.

Rooney scored 17 goals lasts season and provided 10 Assists in a weak team. Yet they blame him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:10pm On May 28, 2015
elampiro:

This is vague. Please write like the Coogar we know.

lol. grin

1. Are you saying Rooney took 35 set plays outside the box? Then Chicharito took 9 set plays outside the box? How possible when Chicha had only 6 shots from outside the box?

rooney took 157 shots in total....
102 were from open play
43 were from set plays
and 8 were penalties.

2. Even if that were to be true? Did you include corner kicks?

corner kick isn't a shot, it's a cross. grin

3. Even if Rooney had 35 set plays deducted, he is still a zillion miles ahead of Chicharito who had just 6 shots.
Helo?

we are talking about percentages.....
instead of having 43 set plays deducted, you should add them to chicha's number or welbeck's number. some of the penalties rooney took were also from 2 shots(the ones that had a rebound).

If I dont have time to reply now, pls bear with me.

take your time......
i still don't see how you can argue a striker that had 4.6 shots per game played in the hole when the ones you claim were in the CF position had less than half of rooney's shots per game. it doesn't add up!

elampiro:

Ozil was bought for 40 million to cope 9 Assist? Now we know who the fraudsters in EPL are.

Rooney scored 17 goals lasts season and provided 10 Assists in a weak team. Yet they blame him.

rooney 10 assists in 2448 mins
mesut had 9 assists in 2150 mins

rooney is a fraud! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:20pm On May 28, 2015
If I were not on this thread, Coogar would brainwash people to the point that some could go on suicide mission to kill Rooney. They won't mind if they were dead as long as Rooney is either ddad or incapacitated. grin Bin Laden is no better brainwasher than Coolieguy-Tortoise.

I never was a huge fan of Rooney before I came here. I knew I liked Rooney, Nani, Anderson. Somewhat I think I had my backing for Nani than anyone else in United. My younger brother went to watch all Portugal's matches in Euro 2012 just to see Nani, secondly to see CR7. He sent me lots of messages stating how he was happy to see him do those things we loved him for in TV. Both of us exchange happy messages and calls about Nani's games and dribblings in EUro 2012. Although I have another brother who stopped liking Nani after 2011/2012 season.

After joining this thread and I saw way back how Rooney was so much hated, over time I took him as my guy. cheesy Many other players Coogar hype or over love, I smash them too. Coogar and I can never be in the same team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:22pm On May 28, 2015
elampiro:
If I were not on this thread, Coogar would brainwash people to the point that some could go on suicide mission to kill Rooney. They won't mind if they were dead as long as Rooney is either ddad or incapacitated. grin Bin Laden is no better brainwasher than Coolieguy-Tortoise.

I never was a huge fan of Rooney before I came here. I knew I liked Rooney, Nani, Anderson. Somewhat I think I had my backing for Nani than anyone else in United. My younger brother went to watch all Portugal's matches in Euro 2012 just to see Nani, secondly to see CR7. He sent me lots of messages stating how he was happy to see him do those things we loved him for in TV. Both of us exchange happy messages and calls about Nani's games and dribblings in EUro 2012. Although I have another brother who stopped liking Nani after 2011/2012 season.

After joining this thread and I saw way back how Rooney was so much hated, over time I took him as my guy. cheesy Many other players Coogar hype or over love, I smash them too. Coogar and I can never be in the same team.

all this one na epistle to the ephesians. grin
fact remains rooney is a fraud!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Harvard13(m): 4:49pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

lol. grin

102 were from open play
43 were from set plays
and 8 were penalties.

corner kick isn't a shot, it's a cross. grin

we are talking about percentages.....
instead of having 43 set plays deducted, you should add them to chicha's number or welbeck's number. some of the penalties rooney took were also from 2 shots(the ones that had a rebound).

take your time......
i still don't see how you can argue a striker that had 4.6 shots per game played in the hole when the ones you claim were in the CF position had less than half of rooney's shots per game. it doesn't add up!

rooney 10 assists in 2448 mins
mesut had 9 assists in 2150 mins

rooney is a fraud! grin

im not a rooney fan but coogar just stop hating.
someone playing behind a top striker with rooneys stats is good. deduct d set peice not add and ur talk of rebounds are funny. u dont bliv because his stats but u should
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

lol. grin

102 were from open play
43 were from set plays
and 8 were penalties.

1. Your figures are even wrong. My figures there are only EPL apearances while yours are all competition. Pls restrict it to EPL.

2. Even if I were to adopt your bogus figures.... This means Rooney had 35 shots from set play. That leaves him with 49 from outside the box. Chicharito has just 6 shots from outside the box.

Using even this fraudulent figures of yours, Rooney will end up with 52% of his shots inside the box while Chicha has 83%.

3. On your other points: (a) How can we add Rooney's free kick to Chicha's, we rather deduct all set plays. If you add them to Chicha's own, then you also have to multiple Chicha's shots from inside the box in correlation to the number of minutes Rooney played. Because if Chicharito had played same number of minutes as Rooney, and taken all the penalties, his shot inside the box would more than double.

That is, Chicha had 41 from inside the box with just 1477 minutes, which means if he played 2839 minutes he would have (41 x 1.92213) = 79 shots from inside the box from Chicharito. Add 8 Rooney's penalty you mentioned= 87 shots for Chicha inside the box. Lastly you will take Chicha's set play and add them to Rooney's figures outside the box.

When you streamline your set plays figure to the EPL only I will easily work this out for you. Helo guy?

4. So Ozil was bought with 40 million to create 9 Assists? Did you realize that Rooney scored 17 goals?

See you tonight or tomorrow latest.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 4:57pm On May 28, 2015
Just last year I was telling yall Mueller is 10 times better than Rooney. Some were arguing

Time is a beautiful thing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:03pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

I would be very careful getting ANY attacking talent from Italy. They are mostly scams

Check Cavani, Immobile, Iturbe, Whats the name of this Spurs guy that only does Rabonas on the field? even Lavezzi and Pastore have been underwhelming after spending millions on them, even Insigne has been found to be very overrated. And guess what happened to the perenial talent Giovinco who has been a mercurial talent for almost a decade? He now plays in Canada!!

Infact 38yr old Lucatoni is the highest goal scorer in Italy as we speak

(1) (2) (3) ... (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.