Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8742440 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 5:57pm On May 28, 2015
elampiro:

Ozil was bought for 40 million to cope 9 Assist? Now we know who the fraudsters in EPL are.

Rooney scored 17 goals lasts season and provided 10 Assists in a weak team. Yet they blame him.

You argue blindly. Nobody had said that Ozil has met his expectations at Arsenal yet. He hasn't delivered to the standards Arsenal expect of him. Ozil wasn't in this equation, you brought him into this all in the name of saving face for your Rooney.

The fact is that Ozil won't be bought by ANY team for the purpose of scoring goals. He's not a striker!! Stop this useless argument. Also, Rooney will never be bought by ANY team for the sake of creating assists or the midfield role which is Ozil's job. When Mourinho came for Rooney, wasn't he looking for a striker due to he had Chelshit flops like Torres and Eto'o or not? I'm sure you will bring another lame excuse as to why Mourinho was came to buy Rooney to spearhead his attacks.

Rooney scored those goals (1 away goal all season) while eating €300K per week, but other strikers eating as less as £50K per week outscored him in Europe. That's why we are mad at Rooney!! He's over-paid!! Hole or no hole. He's a striker and he's spent. He needs to be sold or take a pay cut!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:13pm On May 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

I would be very careful getting ANY attacking talent from Italy. They are mostly scams

Check Cavani, Immobile, Iturbe, Whats the name of this Spurs guy that only does Rabonas on the field? even Lavezzi and Pastore have been underwhelming after spending millions on them, even Insigne has been found to be very overrated. And guess what happened to the perenial talent Giovinco who has been a mercurial talent for almost a decade? He now plays in Canada!!

Infact 38yr old Lucatoni is the highest goal scorer in Italy as we speak

Scratch Immobile out of that list... less injuries, better management and more playing time - he will be Europe's next top striker!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2015
Guys what of Carlos Bacca?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

we can do better than benzema....
please, drop the idea. sweet jesus, he would be 28 this year. not another OAP that would stop performing in another 1-2 seasons.

let's find a younger talent.

Benzema is head, shoulder and waist better than having Rooney as #9... and like it or not, he is in my top-10 STRIKERS in Europe!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:19pm On May 28, 2015
parrotibaba:
Guys what off Carlos Bacca?

We don't see gems even when they are right under our noses!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:27pm On May 28, 2015
hmmm like seriously? @argument

hopefully, our scouting team are working with their eyes very clear. we can't afford ill signings @ this stage of our transition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2015
RuuDie:

My sentiments exactly. The guy is a goal machine. To think he's only been linked to mediocre clubs like Everton and Spurs. SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:44pm On May 28, 2015
Harvard13:

im not a rooney fan but coogar just stop hating.
someone playing behind a top striker with rooneys stats is good. deduct d set peice not add and ur talk of rebounds are funny. u dont bliv because his stats but u should

it woulda been good if rooney was taking £50k per week. it's a fraud if he's taking £300k/week. is ronaldo a striker? even messi didn't play as a centre forward entirely this season - look at his stats.

when you have to consider a players position, height, weight, weak foot, weather, surface area of his forehead, etc before you analyst his goal stats then that player isn't good enough.

the position rooney plays should not affect his shot accuracy.

elampiro:

1. Your figures are even wrong. My figures there are only EPL apearances while yours are all competition. Pls restrict it to EPL.
2. Even if I were to adopt your bogus figures.... This means Rooney had 35 shots from set play. That leaves him with 49 from outside the box. Chicharito has just 6 shots from outside the box.
Using even this fraudulent figures of yours, Rooney will end up with 52% of his shots inside the box while Chicha has 83%.
3. On your other points: (a) How can we add Rooney's free kick to Chicha's, we rather deduct all set plays. If you add them to Chicha's own, then you also have to multiple Chicha's shots from inside the box in correlation to the number of minutes Rooney played. Because if Chicharito had played same number of minutes as Rooney, and taken all the penalties, his shot inside the box would more than double.
That is, Chicha had 41 from inside the box with just 1477 minutes, which means if he played 2839 minutes he would have (41 x 1.92213) = 79 shots from inside the box from Chicharito. Add 8 Rooney's penalty you mentioned= 87 shots for Chicha inside the box. Lastly you will take Chicha's set play and add them to Rooney's figures outside the box.
When you streamline your set plays figure to the EPL only I will easily work this out for you. Helo guy?
4. So Ozil was bought with 40 million to create 9 Assists? Did you realize that Rooney scored 17 goals?
See you tonight or tomorrow latest.

you are just writing epistles - how come rooney mansged 4.6 shots per game while chicharito managed just 1.7 shots per game? even in the debut season of chicharito when he was the most prolific, his shots per game was just 2.

how is rooney finding the magic to shoot almost 5 times per game from a withdrawn position. rooney is the most unselfish player in the world. he would pass the ball if his strike partner is in a better position......so how did his stats rack that high on shots & yet he had a very low assist from the hole?

you are confused!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:47pm On May 28, 2015
RuuDie:

Scratch Immobile out of that list... less injuries, better management and more playing time - he will be Europe's next top striker!

Immobile is useless . He is an outdated striker the Inzaghi type poacher and strikers of nowadays are required to do more than stand there waiting for passes

He was injured for only 2 weeks this season and he failed woefully. Which better player manager can you get than Jurgen Klopp who invested Dortmunds little money in Ciro and he failed

He looks immobile most of the time

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2015
RuuDie:

dat guy would be a great asset if we get him ,n he is ever willing to leave Seville for a bigger team ...watched him yesterday n I was impressed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:53pm On May 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

I would be very careful getting ANY attacking talent from Italy. They are mostly scams

Check Cavani, Immobile, Iturbe, Whats the name of this Spurs guy that only does Rabonas on the field? even Lavezzi and Pastore have been underwhelming after spending millions on them, even Insigne has been found to be very overrated. And guess what happened to the perenial talent Giovinco who has been a mercurial talent for almost a decade? He now plays in Canada!!

Infact 38yr old Lucatoni is the highest goal scorer in Italy as we speak

dybala is better than any striker in germany. this is not an exaggeration. he's got everything. the only issue is if he can survive in a physical league like EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:58pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

dybala is better than any striker in germany. this is not an exaggeration. he's got everything. the only issue is if he can survive in a physical league like EPL.

By this time next season we would be here to see what you have to say about him. After seeing several attackers from Italy fail, I would put a 60% discount on any of them

The same way Atletico Madrid blew their money on Cerci last season to discover he is another in the long list of Serie A attacking frauds
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:38pm On May 28, 2015
Kaka, giovinco, veron, cavani, lavezzi, pastore, balotelli (4rm A.c to liverpool lol), immobile, zarate and lamela, though pple like zidane, zola nd di canio wey hits.. I still got a feeling dat paul pogba will fl0p if he leaves italy,.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:42pm On May 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

By this time next season we would be here to see what you have to say about him. After seeing several attackers from Italy fail, I would put a 60% discount on any of them

The same way Atletico Madrid blew their money on Cerci last season to discover he is another in the long list of Serie A attacking frauds

dayo - see yourself na....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XkBmrOlnLw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:53pm On May 28, 2015
weedtaker:
I still got a feeling dat paul pogba will fl0p if he leaves italy,.
na lie jor... make LvG sign am ASAP
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:53pm On May 28, 2015
weedtaker:
Kaka, giovinco, veron, cavani, lavezzi, pastore, balotelli (4rm A.c to liverpool lol), immobile, zarate and lamela, though pple like zidane, zola nd di canio wey hits.. I still got a feeling dat paul pogba will fl0p if he leaves italy,.

Its mostly with exports in the last 3-5yrs that have been busts especially very recent exports. I can hardly think of any attacking export that has lived up to expectation Maybe Zlatan to PSG definitely not Zlatan to Barcelona
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:55pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

dayo - see yourself na....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XkBmrOlnLw

Go to youtube and look for clips for any of the players I mentioned Lamela, Immobile Cerci Giovinco etc. You wont hesitate to empty your inheritance to buy them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:58pm On May 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

Go to youtube and look for clips for any of the players I mentioned Lamela, Immobile Cerci Giovinco etc. You wont hesitate to empty your inheritance to buy them

dybala is just 21!
he already possesses the football grain of aguero, suarez & messi put together. the weight of his passes & the vision alone is worth more than £40m.

lamela is crap!
immobile is decent.
giovinco is above average.
none of them has the guile of dybala....this is the most exciting youngster i have seen since messi in 2005.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:10pm On May 28, 2015
On Nairaland some years ago some people were urging their managers to buy Giovinco now he plays in Canada

Youtube cant be used to judge players

below is the youtube for Lamela while in Roma
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:26pm On May 28, 2015
SailorXY:

na lie jor... make LvG sign am ASAP
when we sign veron, pogba no reach am.. And wetin even de give u hope say man.united go sign pogba? Me no fancy de guy sef

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:37pm On May 28, 2015
weedtaker:
when we sign veron, pogba no reach am.. And wetin even de give u hope say man.united go sign pogba? Me no fancy de guy sef

pogba is a good player....
we dropped a ball letting him go & extending the contracts of giggs/scholes. our transfers & key decisions since carlos queiroz left have been pathetic.

i have no doubt in my mind that he's the key reason we won in europe that season. he addressed fergie's blindspot by making sure we got hargo & anderson that season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:53pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

dybala is just 21!
he already possesses the football grain of aguero, suarez & messi put together. the weight of his passes & the vision alone is worth more than £40m.

lamela is crap!
immobile is decent.
none of them has the guile of dybala....this is the most exciting youngster i have seen since messi in 2005.
memphis
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:45pm On May 28, 2015
weedtaker:
memphis

dybala is more complete!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:04pm On May 28, 2015
weedtaker:
Pogba had formative years in England, he sure will suit in seamlessly.
he's got qualities to complement Herrera or Mata going forward centrally, so why not? if we wan compete with the best clubs then our eyes suppose dey on the best players available.

Schneiderlin, Gundogan & Pogba will be my pick, cuz Carrick - by recent evidences, is done. alternatively Bender, Kondogbia & Sami Khedira on a free are good additions too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:04pm On May 28, 2015
coogar:

dybala is more complete!
okay o dyabala vs depay.. Next season go tell sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:32am On May 29, 2015
raumdeuter:

Immobile is useless . He is an outdated striker the Inzaghi type poacher and strikers of nowadays are required to do more than stand there waiting for passes

He was injured for only 2 weeks this season and he failed woefully. Which better player manager can you get than Jurgen Klopp who invested Dortmunds little money in Ciro and he failed. He looks immobile most of the time

Immobile is an "Inzaghi type poacher" If I hear...

I'd give you more than a benefit of doubt if it was a Bayern player we are discussing, but on this one; lai lai... I have seen enough of Ciro to know better. He is by far a more complete, all-round player and scores a variety of goals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhk-7smIPN8
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2015
coogar:

dybala is just 21!

lamela is crap!
immobile is decent.

@bolded - are you serious?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:29am On May 29, 2015
grin Only two days... ehn!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:01am On May 29, 2015
SailorXY:

Schneiderlin, Gundogan & Pogba will be my pick, cuz Carrick - by recent evidences, is done. alternatively Bender, Kondogbia & Sami Khedira on a free are good additions too.

The Sevilla #4... Krychowiak... yes, the pole - shytes over all these dudes all day, every single way!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 10:27am On May 29, 2015
Lol. Pls why all these hype on Dybala?. Yes he has potential to be a great player but thats where it ends for now. Time will tell though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2015
coogar:

you are just writing epistles - how come rooney mansged 4.6 shots per game while chicharito managed just 1.7 shots per game? even in the debut season of chicharito when he was the most prolific, his shots per game was just 2.
!

This is a lie. Chicharito did not have 1.7 shot per game when taken down to 90 minutes played rather than the substitutions time he had. Substitution roles dropped Chicha's figures in both seasons.

The number of shots dont even tell the position of a player but the the zone where the shots were taken shows the position. Rooney and Chicha did not play in same Zone

coogar:

how is rooney finding the magic to shoot almost 5 times per game from a withdrawn position. rooney is the most unselfish player in the world. he would pass the ball if his strike partner is in a better position......so how did his stats rack that high on shots & yet he had a very low assist from the hole?
you are confused!

1. Rooney took most of his shots from outside of the box as I have already shown. This meant his playing zone was different from Chichrito and Welbeck.

2. You brought shot from set plays for all competition to try to reduce Rooney's shots from outside of the box in the EPL games..

3. Even if we were to tow your line. It would mean Chicharito did not have any shot outside of the box.

1. All Shots
Name...........Outside the box............Inside the box
Rooney............... 84.........................73
Chicharito........... 6...........................41
Welbeck............. 14......................... 66
Berbatov............. 1...........................15

2. You refused to provide shots from set play for the EPL games only. However, I decided to prorate the figures you earlier provided for all competitions to isolate only for EPL.

Shots from open play. (Shots from set play deducted).

Name...........Outside the box............Inside the box
Rooney............... 60.........................67
Chicharito........... 0...........................41
Welbeck............. 4......................... 66
Berbatov............. 0...........................13

This is clear indication that Rooney played in the hole while Chicharito and the other played in the number 9.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Harvard13(m): 11:14am On May 29, 2015
coogar:

dybala is just 21!

lamela is crap!
immobile is decent.
yepa! pls dont compare ANYONE to messi biko not to talk of someone who isnt a guaranteed starter for argentina. his goals number aint even exciting

(1) (2) (3) ... (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TradingGod and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.