Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,743 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8688606 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 10:33pm On Mar 11, 2012
afrodoc: @emperoh i feel u.
tom C shouldnt b denied his opportunity cos he has real potential and he has united genes,so u r guaranteed effort n loyalty.lets buy modric so dt he n cleverley can battle it out or rotate in d short term,long term cleverley might take over(mayb 3-4 years down d line).carrick n schweini battle out the DM role with bastian winning out in d long term.pogba n tunnicliffe as squad players for now,giggs n scholes ride off into d sunset.d defence is ok esp if vidic comes back to real fitness.3rd buy should b a left sided winger.give berba games so as to rest rooney or sell d bulgarian,no use payin d guy big bucks just to bench him.
so how much to buy modric,bastian n hazard? grin

The Berba thingy is the one that pisses me off the most. . .what did the dude do to Fergie?
Why is DW19 getting games ahead of him whne he keeps putting up shyte performance with no cutting edge yet Berba is better
I can't place but maybe part of those mystery that is Fergie. . .he should sell the lad pls.

For me that middle needs just one addition. . . Luka. I can't have all those youngsters with no chance to bloom
I fancy Modric cos of the creativity we've lacked. The output of Scholes should have been a benchmark for SAF to get CM
Long or short term, we are covered the was things are but with Luka's addition
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2012
dayokanu: Bastian, Modric, Sneijder, Hazard etc

Which version of PS3 are you guys using?

Cant you add Maradona, Zidane and Cryuff to that list?

Follow me ask them oo. . . abi na only man U come play footie for Europe
But won't be a bad combo in United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2012
dayokanu: Who is Cleverly? Why not Stoopidly?

Shey that one na footballer?

Seeing that you have selective amnesia, i would suggest you bang your head against the wall 3 times to charge up your brain capacitors.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2012
@emperoh
i agree with u dt if its going to b only one midfield addition which is likely then it should be modric cos of his premiership xperience and his ability to pass,dribble,run with d ball and his work rate.modric added to carrick,cleverley,anderson isnt too bad.but we need a good sub for carrick.tunnicliffe sems to hv good DM potential but he is more of keane type of player than a carrick. N.B i said keane type not keane quality o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 12:22am On Mar 12, 2012
I think we need a DM and a CM/AM.
We are the only big team in Europe without a NATURAL DM.
That is why our defence can be easily exposed sometimes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:44am On Mar 12, 2012
I know the season isn't over yet. But I am fast giving up hope with Ando. Still inconsistent after almost completing 5 seasons at O.T. Not to mention d constant fitness and injury issues. After Hargo and Saha recently, I am not eager for players who are guaranteed to miss at 3-4 months of the season unavailable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2012
...hoping we hold serve...the ball's in our court...the fixtures might sound simple and straight-forward enough but there's no taking anything for granted.
On a good day,we should weather the storm before we get to the City game.
But knowing Fergie and his ability to complicate the simplest matters,I wouldn't hedge any bets. . .
As per injuries, I'm starting to agree with Hargreaves,even though the situation isn't directly related. WE need to take a look at our medical staff/procedures.Too many walking wounded in our side. . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2012
StarBoard: ...hoping we hold serve...the ball's in our court...the fixtures might sound simple and straight-forward enough but there's no taking anything for granted.
On a good day,we should weather the storm before we get to the City game.
But knowing Fergie and his ability to complicate the simplest matters,I wouldn't hedge any bets. . .
As per injuries, I'm starting to agree with Hargreaves,even though the situation isn't directly related. WE need to take a look at our medical staff/procedures.Too many walking wounded in our side. . .

this realization is a tad belated. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 13, 2012
chamotex: I think we need a DM and a CM/AM.
We are the only big team in Europe without a NATURAL DM.
That is why our defence can be easily exposed sometimes.
Exactly... We lack dat workaholic.. Hw we ve managed without a DM all thru d year is still a mystery to me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2012
Anderson suffered hamstring injury in training and could now miss rest of season. Bilbao game last Thurs was his 1st for 2 months #MUFC

Na wa for Anderson oh! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2012
^^ the South American Hargreaves. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 6:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
debosky: ^^ the South American Hargreaves. grin

Ahh Debo....are u done with the sex change? Lol. . . .that's what Coogar said not me ooh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2012
Itz jus 4ni dat all d oda epl teamz are makin dis (weak utd) team feel as if they r 'special' or strong...jus goes to show dat d league has been weak all along
'm xpectin bilbao 2 finish us up so dat d old man wil SHOP DIS cumin summa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 8:16am On Mar 14, 2012
^^^^
The pile of trash at the bottom of the league is even a bigger proof that the league s crap this season.
If the league was half as good as SKY would want us to believe, City should have won the league by now and this United team should be no where near the top 3. You can count on one hand how many good games we have had this season. This year, it has been a mediocre league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 8:55am On Mar 14, 2012
I saw what Bayern did to the Basel we couldn't beat. . . .it was all an indication of the nonsense the EPL has been all season
I am waiting for the Chavs to be knocked out as well as the remaining teams in the Europa league to confirm every

As for the English press, let them keep up the hype and keep living in delusion
EPL has been shyte all season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:08am On Mar 14, 2012

Platt cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 11:31am On Mar 14, 2012
Emperoh:

Ahh Debo....are u done with the sex change? Lol. . . .that's what Coogar said not me ooh

I'm done now boss - the sex change is to start shagging coogar's chicks in front of him rather than behind his back. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2012
Emperoh: I saw what Bayern did to the Basel we couldn't beat. . . .it was all an indication of the nonsense the EPL has been all season
I am waiting for the Chavs to be knocked out as well as the remaining teams in the Europa league to confirm every

As for the English press, let them keep up the hype and keep living in delusion
EPL has been shyte all season
That Bayern result was not really an indication of much.
Same Basel team beat them in Swiss and Bayern has lost to worse teams than Basel this year.
But your over all point of the Epl being mediocre this season,at least is on point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2012
mbulela: ^^^^
The pile of trash at the bottom of the league is even a bigger proof that the league s crap this season.
If the league was half as good as SKY would want us to believe, City should have won the league by now and this United team should be no where near the top 3. You can count on one hand how many good games we have had this season. This year, it has been a mediocre league.
'm wit u on dis & i luv ur objective analysis (sayin it as it is )weneva i read ur komet on dis thread...prefa readin mos tyms dat kometin
a 2ru utd fan knows dat d league has bin POOR all dis while
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2012
mbulela:
Same Basel team beat them in Swiss and Bayern has lost to worse teams than Basel this year.
But your over all point of the Epl being mediocre this season,at least is on point.

A lot of these things don't really follow but you will have to agree with me
Bayern took them apart indicative of a couple of things missing in our dear team.
Regardless of who has beaten who, my belief is that we not just good enough for trophy this season and that
we shouldn't be so glad winning the EPL this as to me, it will seem like upholding or celebrating mediocre football

This equally tallies into my initial argument that the quality of football globally is in a decline.
The creative and quality dribbles we were used to in th 80s, 90s and early 2000 are fast disappearing.
Everything is all about tactics and how to stop ur opponent. Free flowing game is being stifled> But an u really blame the teams? With the monies involved and the manager turnover, you will fall into line

It pains me more cos Man U has been a hallmark of what football used to be until lately with insipid, boring display. I hope we get things right from next term.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2012
Emperoh:

A lot of these things don't really follow but you will have to agree with me
[b]Bayern took them apart indicative of a couple of things missing in our dear team.
Regardless of who has beaten who, my belief is that we not just good enough for trophy this season [/b]and that
we shouldn't be so glad winning the EPL this as to me, it will seem like upholding or celebrating mediocre football

This equally tallies into my initial argument that the quality of football globally is in a decline.
The creative and quality dribbles we were used to in th 80s, 90s and early 2000 are fast disappearing.
Everything is all about tactics and how to stop ur opponent. Free flowing game is being stifled> But an u really blame the teams? With the monies involved and the manager turnover, you will fall into line

It pains me more cos Man U has been a hallmark of what football used to be until lately with insipid, boring display. I hope we get things right from next term.

you've got a point that buttresses mine. However, those things missing things have long been evident in our team before yesterday night.
Top of the league with a shambolic midfield anchored on pensioners,a settling 20 year old keeper and unsettled back four?? you can only beat what is in front of you but any reasonable mind would confess that this team is not all that,no IFs no BUTs.
The battle at the bottom of the EPL is so mediocre that you almost weep. I wish 5 teams could be relegated this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2012
@Emperoh,
I feel you.
You are echoing my sentiments.
Even if we win the league, we have not made progress.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2012
mbulela:

I am sure Barcelona has drawn or lost to teams worse than Leverkusen this season
before beating them 7-1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2012
dayokanu:

I am sure Barcelona has drawn or lost to teams worse than Leverkusen this season
before beating them 7-1

chairman, i dey hail o!
I beg wait for coogar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2012
^^ NO please. Not another 3 pages of arguments about Badstuber e.t.c
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2012
The strength of a league cannot be measured by a season blip. What the EPL is witnessing has happened to all other major leagues in europe

we have seen how pre-Jose's Madrid struggled to play lyon for a couple of seasons, not sure but there was a period Barca were non existent in europe with only Madrid making decent appearances. The Seria A has been on the decline bar Milans stronghold on the UCL for over a decade. The Bundesliga/eredivisie etc have not really been super.

Ill agree the season hasnt been good for the epl but its indicative of the sweeping 'reforms' going on with some of the clubs. United/Chelsea in transition, City just getting a grip even with their star studded team, Arsenal has been badly hit with the loss of their talismanic player (cesc) and another influential player (nasri). The reality is these teams will bounce back stronger next season with quality additions and the realisation that they have to catch up with the rest of europe. I know Arsenal would be stronger, Chelsea definitely post AVB will be better and i expect City to pose a better challenge next season in europe. As for United, our ability to make astute buys as against the marquee ones would be the key to our doing well in europe next season. Im sure we dont have problems winning the EPL

Lets cut the teams some slack; they have done well over 10 years and i think they'll come good next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2012
i think we should just lose to Bilbao and focus on flogging Wolves

I think Wolves were bottom of the league last season when they beat us. We better not repeat that performance cos City are wounded lions for now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tkb417(m): 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2012
with Valencia back. . . all things are possible

One United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:40pm On Mar 14, 2012
tkb417: i think we should just lose to Bilbao and focus on flogging Wolves

I think Wolves were bottom of the league last season when they beat us. We better not repeat that performance cos City are wounded lions for now

+1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:37pm On Mar 14, 2012
from SAF's statements today it seems berbatov is on his way out of the club in the summer,don't rily understand this berbatov issue.if fergie knew he was going to perpetually bench him why didnt he just sell him at the start of the season or in Jan when PSG n Anzhi were said to b after him.we could as well have will keane on the bench for all that berba has been allowed to contribute.now d bulgarian's contract runs out at d end of d season so we r likely to get nothing(or next to nothing) for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2012
StarBoard: coogar,
Not enough quality in that side overall.
Makes you wonder how we're going to win this Europa League.
Even if Carrick played,the result might not be any much different.
We simply don't have it in the middle:the be-all-and-end-all of any side.
Don't know about you all but Thursday night football simply doesn't cut it and isn't any thrill.Let one of these Iberian peninsula teams come and win this third-rate competition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2012
afrodoc: from SAF's statements today it seems berbatov is on his way out of the club in the summer,don't rily understand this berbatov issue.if fergie knew he was going to perpetually bench him why didnt he just sell him at the start of the season or in Jan when PSG n Anzhi were said to b after him.we could as well have will keane on the bench for all that berba has been allowed to contribute.now d bulgarian's contract runs out at d end of d season so we r likely to get nothing(or next to nothing) for him.

Berba's case is one of my most painful times as a United fan.
A fine player who despite his languid style still gives u something made of traditional skillful football.
I hope someone from teh top La Liga or German sides come for him. Or even Arsenal will make great use of him better than United.
we simply wasted the fella, refusing to play to his strengths. If he eventually leaves, i wish him well.

For tonight's game if we win, we better do in convincing style.
The united blood in me will always seek out a win but i really know we are not cut for this kinda competition.
Let's just bow out gracefully and go. We need at least 2 unreplied goals.
Bilbao team i saw last week will freeze us out. They will stop us. Trust Bielsa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Sportsweb and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.