Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,613 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8739583 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (14150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by doyin13(m): 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2012
Haa. . . United again fall to a team that dares to actually play them up the field. At least Bielsa realised his team are a fifth of the team they are when they pressure right up the field.

And lo and behold, United were made to look quite ordinary.

This so called transition assumes the EPL can regain its foothold in no time. That for me is quite a leap of faith. People think its the players that make the league, but I would disagree. The coaches do.

And ominously, they are quite a few of them littered across Europe these days. Coaches who can do a lot more than their funds suggest they should.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2012
coogar:

he is top class but his form is not really good at the moment!
he's featured in more champions league final than any german player still active in his trade - fact### grin grin grin grin

Even Djibril Cisse has featured in more CL finals than Ronaldo Lima

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2012
evra's defending has been declining at a rapid rate for the last 2 years.i can remember posting here last season that he was declining and maybe needed a rest or something but his apologists were giving several spurious excuses like giggs wasn't giving him enough cover or nani wasn't tracking back e.t.c someone even said it was cos he was bored and wasn't keen to defend,this from a man whose primary assignment is to defend.
the guy has been one of united's worst defenders for sometime now.
@DK its not that people r saying bilbao is so good,but their game play is attractive and is indicative of the trend in football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2012
According to some people here these Man City defenders including Savic are some of those supposedly better than Badstuber

I laff in guguru and epa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2012
This one is firmly on the boss. He got schooled by Biesla. Badly.

The insistence on not addressing the midfield again killed us. Our midfield has no legs, cant press and cant create. We needed goals and baba thought not to start with a striker apart from Rooney.Defence exposed time and time again.

Unless he's happy getting schooled regularly by Iberian opposition, he badly needs to address the midfield. We could ask Munian to come and bring Llorente along with him kiss . While we're shopping We might need to think about another left back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:50pm On Mar 15, 2012
We don ja. Thank God, now to focus on the league. Our continuing presence in Europa was just an embarrassment no matter which you look at it. Wasted experience where we could have blooded our youngsters.

Now to maintain our lead in the PL. Now need for silly rotation. Strongest team every week, no nonsense selections.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:06pm On Mar 15, 2012
I wished Citeh went through sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:03am On Mar 16, 2012
doyin13: Haa. . . United again fall to a team that dares to actually play them up the field. At least Bielsa realised his team are a fifth of the team they are when they pressure right up the field.

And lo and behold, United were made to look quite ordinary.

This so called transition assumes the EPL can regain its foothold in no time. That for me is quite a leap of faith. People think its the players that make the league, but I would disagree. The coaches do.

And ominously, they are quite a few of them littered across Europe these days. Coaches who can do a lot more than their funds suggest they should.

this type of yeye analysis bothers me. i am sure united have never beaten a team that dares to play them up the field under fergie
the moment united fail to win a match - people come out with different rubbish opata-spats. abeggi, go and sit down.

of course, the coaches also play a role in the quality of the league but put them in the spotlight and they fold like moi-moi leaves.
how many good managers have come to the premier league and left shamefully? put bielsa in a big team in england and he wouldn't last 12 months.
it's one thing to be tactical on the pitch, it's another team to be able to cope with the media pressure, etc in england.
scolari is a world cup winner for brazil. didn't he win 5 treble for chelsea while he was here?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Krayola(m): 12:17am On Mar 16, 2012
coogar:
put bielsa in a big team in england and he wouldn't last 12 months.
speculation

coogar:
it's one thing to be tactical on the pitch, it's another team to be able to cope with the media pressure, etc in england.

Media pressure, especially on big teams, is not exclusive to the EPL.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:25am On Mar 16, 2012
Krayola:
speculation

ask santini, capello, ancelotti, scolari, juande ramos, martin jol.
how come they all ran away from england with tails between their legs?

Media pressure, especially on big teams, is not exclusive to the EPL.

what guardiola/mourinho go through in spain is a fraction of what happens in england.
if guardiola manages a top side in england, he would commit suicide.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Krayola(m): 1:20am On Mar 16, 2012
coogar:

They were fired. My guess is because they didn't meet expectations. Your claim that media pressure drove them out is absurd to me. What does this even have to do with Biesla? Mourinho won with porto and had some success with Chelsea. AVB won with Porto and failed woefully. . . . . my point is . . . . I think u can figure it out by ya sef grin

coogar:
what guardiola/mourinho go through in spain is a fraction of what happens in england.

These guys are winning. Let them drop points in 3 straight games and the Madrid/Catalan press will turn on them in a sec. Losing managers get raped by the press. It happens in every league.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:30am On Mar 16, 2012
Absolute disgrace. . . .the lack of endeavour was just depressing especially from the front men. If Rooney wanted to be on that field, his body language didn't tell it so - and here is a dude we look up to like a messiah *smh*!

Only when Pogba, Smalling and (hate to say) Welbeck came on did we see a bit of urgency and energy - the energy and industry of Pogba especially in the short span of time was impressive, looks a skipper in the making!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:03am On Mar 16, 2012
coogar:

You keep deceiving yourself with this England rubbish.

There is no league where the pressure isnt high

In the German press 2 weeks ago, It was soo much on Bayern that the management threatened to sue media houses over news reports

Yet someone believes the pressure in England is much. If the pressure in England is much then how does Wenger go 7yrs without a trophy and still remain sane

If you coach a top side without a trophy in other leagues, The media would have a column dedicated to you and even have a room in your house for latest gist on how you phock your wife

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:41am On Mar 16, 2012
Apparently this is the first time in 10 yrs man utd haven't made a cup final. still impressive stuff.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 10:52am On Mar 16, 2012
dayokanu:

Yet someone believes the pressure in England is much. If the pressure in England is much then how does Wenger go 7yrs without a trophy and still remain sane

Who told you he is still sane? Is it sane to buy a player on deadline day (Park) and never play him? grin You think his hair turned white by accident or by choice? If not for the £7m that keeps him comfort underneath his mattress, the man would've lost it completely. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 11:08am On Mar 16, 2012
debosky:

Who told you he is still sane? Is it sane to buy a player on deadline day (Park) and never play him? grin You think his hair turned white by accident or by choice? If not for the £7m that keeps him comfort underneath his mattress, the man would've lost it completely. grin

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 16, 2012
debosky:

Debosky abeg no kill me wit laff..... Dis coming frm a gunner fan?
Imagine Hw there fans ll b feeling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2012
coogar:

True.
Add Villas-Boas to the list.
I'm not hyping England,but they came with huge reps and CVs as high-profile coaches/managers,yet failed, aside from Ancelotti who went trophiless in his last season.

nateevs:
You want to revisit this?
This is football of the future.
Would you like to revisit your claim about Chelsea being United's closest challengers in the EPL this season on this thread, among several other balderdashes on Nairaland European Football section?
Or are the circumstances different as well?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2012
Krayola:

They were fired. My guess is because they didn't meet expectations. Your claim that media pressure drove them out is absurd to me. What does this even have to do with Biesla? Mourinho won with porto and had some success with Chelsea. AVB won with Porto and failed woefully. . . . . my point is . . . . I think u can figure it out by ya sef grin

These guys are winning. Let them drop points in 3 straight games and the Madrid/Catalan press will turn on them in a sec. Losing managers get raped by the press. It happens in every league.

Exactly. . . .by club owners who do not have a clue!
Media pressure or not - the buck stops with the board or club owners; if they want to keep a manager, they can and will keep him. The media doesn't run their clubs for them!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
Krayola:

this is where i question the intelligence of the people who roam this particular thread. you under-estimate the power of the media in england. they are the king-makers and the king-dethroners. in other words, they form the opinion on the minds of the majority. jose mourinho did nothing too wrong apart from failing to win the champions league and losing the league title to alex ferguson in 06/07.

but the media went after his arse, they documented the amount of money he spent and how he had no excuse at all not to win. mourinho became crazy. he started coming up with excuses that petr cech's injury cost him points, the next season - he started comparing class a eggs and class c eggs. he started the season poorly,the media were all over him that he's lost his mojo. then he drew against rosenborg fc at the bridge and roman got fed up. he was sacked the same night.

the media had done him. . . .just like they did villas-boas, ancelotti, scolari and other big managers with rich cvs.
i repeat, guardiola would commit suicide if he comes to england to manage a clubside. the only successful managers in this league are the ones who have become institutions to the clubs they manage - e.g david moyes, alex ferguson and arsene wenger. they are unshakeable but all these journey just comes are preys to the english media. a whole fabio capello couldn't stand the heat - he had to sack himself.

not like it does in england. go and count the number of managers that have been sacked in this league in the past 2 yrs and get back to me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2012
i
RuuDie:

Exactly. . . .by club owners who do not have a clue!
Media pressure or not - the buck stops with the board or club owners; if they want to keep a manager, they can and will keep him. The media doesn't run their clubs for them!

the media do run the clubs for them. something happens and the media either look the other way or blow it out of proportion.
if it's the latter, the manager's fate then lies in what the media decide to do from then on. if they keep twisting the dagger, it's only a matter of time before the chairman pulls out the plug and avoid bad press that can damage the reputation of the club.

why do you think suarez and dalglish quickly apologised for what happened at old trafford when suarez refused to shake evra?
i cannot believe you guys don't know the role the media play in today's world. a lot of people depend on what's written in the newspapers to know if bayern munich is better than stoke fc or not. if the media say stoke are better, then stoke are better. it's as simple as that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Krayola(m): 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
coogar:

this is where i question the intelligence of the people who roam this particular thread. you under-estimate the power of the media in england. they are the king-makers and the king-dethroners. in other words, they form the opinion on the minds of the majority. jose mourinho did nothing too wrong apart from failing to win the champions league and losing the league title to alex ferguson in 06/07.

but the media went after his arse, they documented the amount of money he spent and how he had no excuse at all not to win. mourinho became crazy. he started coming up with excuses that petr cech's injury cost him points, the next season - he started comparing class a eggs and class c eggs. he started the season poorly,the media were all over him that he's lost his mojo. then he drew against rosenborg fc at the bridge and roman got fed up. he was sacked the same night.

the media had done him. . . .just like they did villas-boas, ancelotti, scolari and other big managers with rich cvs.
i repeat, guardiola would commit suicide if he comes to england to manage a clubside. the only successful managers in this league are the ones who have become institutions to the clubs they manage - e.g david moyes, alex ferguson and arsene wenger. they are unshakeable but all these journey just comes are preys to the english media. a whole fabio capello couldn't stand the heat - he had to sack himself.

not like it does in england. go and count the number of managers that have been sacked in this league in the past 2 yrs and get back to me.

JESUS!! Are you for real? You think this stuff only happens in England?

Dude, there have been 15 manager changes in Serie A this season alone. Palermo, Novara and Cagliari have had at least 3 manager changes this season. Lazio coach handed in resignation just last week or so only to have it rejected. Inter may also soon be on number three. Ol boy, your own kind ignorance no get part 2 oooooo shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 7:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
^^^^ Football in Italy they say is a way of life.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2012
Krayola:

JESUS!! Are you for real? You think this stuff only happens in England?

Dude, there have been 15 manager changes in Serie A this season alone. Palermo, Novara and Cagliari have had at least 3 manager changes this season. Lazio coach handed in resignation just last week or so only to have it rejected. Inter may also soon be on number three. Ol boy, your own kind ignorance no get part 2 oooooo shocked

u talk WELL G
evritym english press english press
how many of us know d PRESURE OF COACHIN MADRID not to talk of d PRESURE mou is presently facin(worse dan wen he was @ chelsin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 12:45am On Mar 18, 2012
Ask Mourinho the media scrutiny in Italy or Spain compared to England

Man Utd lost home and away to Bilbao, crashed out to Basel

If that was germany and bayern BILD would have been reporting Ulli fighting Lahm

Just this year we have been poor in away games and winning homes games but BILD and SZ already went to town that we are in crisis and the coach was about to be sacked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2012
wait oh . . . . .wats wrong with berbatov naaaa??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2012
Team news.
Man Utd: De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael, Valencia, Welbeck, Carrick, Scholes, Hernandez, Rooney.
Subs: Amos, Fabio, Smalling, Giggs, Park, Pogba, Young.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2012
scratch that...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2012
Fingers crossed but Valencia seems to have started as well he was before his injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
rooney finding space in the hole but passing poorly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2012
evans scores! 1st league goal for him i think
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2012
afrodoc: evans scores! 1st league goal for him i think

First ever united goal. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (14150) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jokerman(m), PendragonVII, afrodoc2, Leyqute(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.