Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8742607 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

the lie detector test says you are lying. i have showed you their numbers and i have proven valencia is the worst thing that happened to united.

He isn't- young is..

coogar:
young - £18m
hazard - £35m
nasri - £25m

compare like for like na!
i thought the argument was between young & valencia. why involve big money signings? grin

What does transfer price gotta do with the stats in question?

Pull out their stats and let's see oga!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
So much for "your captain" to be yanked off at the hour mark after a typical laid-back performance cheesy

it simply shows you didn't see the match. 9 changes were made at half time. only blackett & cleverley remained. cleverley had to come off for hernandez in the 70th minute & our midfield simply collapsed afterwards.

we conceded 2 goals when tom was subbed off.

We are desperately chasing an expensive midfielder, which says so much of cleverley's value to LVG. tongue

we desperately chased an expensive berbatov in 2008 when we had tevez, rooney, ronaldo - it must have said so much of them to SAF.

it musta said so much of ronaldo for madrid to chase bale & rodriguez. it musta said so much of messi for barca to chase suarez & neymar.

you should be analysing football in a nursery school. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
PietroRico: grin chai.

Anyway, I'll love to see the look on your face when welbz and cleverley prove u horribly wrong this season. tongue

I'd be the happiest person on earth.
I was one of de gea's biggest critics when he 1st joined the club but the dude don shut my mouth up. smiley

Wetin dey pain me pass na say make person dey try give flimsy excuses for a player that's clearly not performing well, just because he is one of your favorites.

It
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
He isn't- young is..

how so?
young scores in every 495 mins, valencia in every 897 mins. that's a difference of 400 mins between them.

What does transfer price gotta do with the stats in question?
Pull out their stats and let's see oga!!

expensive players are usually more talented, no? why would you compare chelsea's best player to ashley young just because valencia is a flop? it doesn't make sense.

i ain't pulling any irrelevant stat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

it simply shows you didn't see the match. 9 changes were made at half time. only blackett & cleverley remained. cleverley had to come off for hernandez in the 70th minute & our midfield simply collapsed afterwards.

Your captain was subbed off after a lethargic performance as usual- live with it!!!

coogar:

we desperately chased an expensive berbatov in 2008 when we had tevez, rooney, ronaldo - it must have said so much of them to SAF.

it musta said so much of ronaldo for madrid to chase bale & rodriguez. it musta said so much of messi for barca to chase suarez & neymar.

you should be analysing football in a nursery school. grin

You are actually comparing the pursuit of Vidal and strootman, who are widely seen as the solution to a very urgent problem in the team, to our pursuits of berba in 09 and Madrid's purchase of Rodriguez??

You need blood tonic!! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

how so?
young scores in every 495 mins, valencia in every 897 mins. that's a difference of 400 mins between them.

expensive players are usually more talented, no? why would you compare chelsea's best player to ashley young just because valencia is a flop? it doesn't make sense.

i ain't pulling any irrelevant stat.

Oga cooger oo... You said numbers don't lie, isn't it?

Oya prove to me with numbers, that hazard and Nasri aren't worse than Valencia or young!!

I no go gree if you chicken out as usual oo angry cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

elampiro lies, dademola lies, numbers never lie. cool

You forgot the other never lies too.... as in your gifs and videos. Like Bebe scoring a free kick from your gif.

* But you forgot you can look up their seasons ratings on whoscored. Valencia and Silva were contesting for the best right winger in 2011/12. Before breaking his leg the first time Val was on the verge of becoming the best winger in the world if he was not already there. Your goals and assists stats do not capture everything, the fact that Val's whoscored rating was higher goals to tell so much.

I am not into this debates of Young and Cleverley, so I am not gonna respond to you again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

compare like for like na!
i thought the argument was between young & valencia. why involve big money signings? grin

U 4got to add 'apples and oranges'.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
Your captain was subbed off after a lethargic performance as usual- live with it!!!

rooney & co musta been super worse to have been taken off @ half time. grin

You are actually comparing the pursuit of Vidal and strootman, who are widely seen as the solution to a very urgent problem in the team, to our pursuits of berba in 09 and Madrid's purchase of Rodriguez??

You need blood tonic!! cheesy

widely seen as a solution to whose urgent problem? where was this solution when cleverley marshalled the midfield to win the league by 11 points in 12/13? urgent solution ko, urgent soluble substance ni.

elampiro:
You forgot the other never lies too.... as in your gifs and videos. Like Bebe scoring a free kick from your gif.

so bebe's freekick was a lie. bebe scoring 7 wonder goals in 10 games at a point for his club was a lie?

* But you forgot you can look up their seasons ratings on whoscored. Valencia and Silva were contesting for the best right winger in 2011/12. Before breaking his foot the first time Val was on the verge fo becoming the beast winger in the world if he was not already there. Your goals and assists stats do not capture everything, the fact that Val's whoscored rating was higher goals to tell so much.

nonsense!
the goals/assists say everything. whoscored doesn't even define assists like the premier league does so that's one chink in your armour.

besides, they rate number of appearances & so many other irrelevant indices are graded to come out with their overall stats.

over here, goals & assists are what is important to a winger & young killed killed killed valencia in those 2 most important parameters.

I am not into this debates of Young and Cleverley, so I am not gonna respond to you again.

you were never invited in the first place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Coogar, I thought too Young takes corner kicks and free kicks. Something Val doesn't do. I saw a report a while Valencia's assists from open play in 2011/12 was the highest in EPL.

While attacking corner kicks, Valencia doesn't stay in the opposition box, he and Rafael are detailed to stay back to quench any counter attack- guess due to their athleticism.

All these you don't take into consideration.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
Oga cooger oo... You said numbers don't lie, isn't it?
Oya prove to me with numbers, that hazard and Nasri aren't worse than Valencia or young!!
I no go gree if you chicken out as usual oo angry cheesy

no winger can be as worse as valencia in the league. it's just that english fans love players who work hard, this is why valencia have a career in england.

it doesn't matter if he's effective or not. run hard, pass hard, tackle hard and english fans would show their love. this is why gareth barry is far more adulated than carrick or cleverley. it's the british culture & this is why they fail in international tournaments.

an english fan will tell you kuyt is better than berbatov....

elampiro: Coogar, I thought too Young takes corner kicks and free kicks. Something Val doesn't do. I saw a report a while Valencia's assists from open play in 2011/12 was the highest in EPL.
While attacking corner kicks, Valencia doesn't stay in the opposition box, hinself and Rafael are detailed to stay back to quench any counter attack- guess due to their athleticism.
All these you don't take into consideration.

the last thing i read from you was you won't join the debate nor respond to me ....why are you addressing me then? does your finger type faster than your brain or someone else types for you?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

no winger can be as worse as valencia in the league. it's just that english fans love players who work hard, this is why valencia have a career in england.

it doesn't matter if he's effective or not. run hard, pass hard, tackle hard and english fans would show their love. this is why gareth barry is far more adulated than carrick or cleverley. it's the british culture & this is why they fail in international tournaments.

the last thing i read from you was you won't join the debate nor respond to me ....why are you addressing me then? does your finger type faster than your brain or someone else types for you?

Wicked... grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

so bebe's freekick was a lie. bebe scoring 7 wonder goals in 10 games at a point for his club was a lie?

Not a lie. But don't you think such impressive stats should have got him into Man United 1st eleven

coogar:

nonsense!
the goals/assists say everything. whoscored doesn't even define assists like the premier league does so that's one chink in your armour.

Premier league also use same stat as opta. They have a partner which compile their players stat, and that company which provides feeds for EPL players performance index uses same parameters to arrive at its assists stat as opta. I have mentioned the name of that company previously here, and it is well stated in the EPL website.

Outside the above, whoscored has a way of awarding scores for penalties won and unintended assists like rebound or deflection which resulted to goals. This is why their rating is more comprehensive.

coogar:

besides, they rate number of appearances & so many other irrelevant indices are graded to come out with their overall stats.

Number of appearance is never never a factor. This has been proven over and over again. It's purely cumulative average. The Man United chart team ratings over seasons are clear examples. The last whoscored EPL XI is clear example. The world cup ratings were clear examples.

coogar:
you were never invited in the first place.

You shouldn't have mentioned my name in the argument. You have other avenues to invite me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:

I no go gree if you chicken out as usual oo

for the sake of my fans based home & abroad, i would oblige you one more time to put this argument in a casket once & for all.

hazard
13/14 - 14 goals/10 assists - 2890 mins
12/13 - 9 goals/16 assists - 2626 mins

in 5516 mins, hazard had 23 goals/26 assists.

traitor nasri
13/14 - 7 goals/11 assists - 2485 mins
12/13 - 2 goals/7 assists - 1797 mins
11/12 - 5 goals/9 assists - 2250 mins

in 6532 mins, nasri had 14 goals & 27 assists.

final table(goals)
239 mins - hazard
467 mins - traitor nasri
495 mins - young

897 mins - valencia

final table(assists)
209 mins - young
212 mins - hazard
242 mins - traitor nasri

261 mins - valencia.

as you can see, valencia is the least creative of the 4 wingers & young is the quickest to assist a goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
^^^

Valencia is the only one who doesn't take set plays.

The only one who doesn't attack corner kicks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

rooney & co musta been super worse to have been taken off @ half time. grin

He was useless..

[
coogar:
widely seen as a solution to whose urgent problem? where was this solution when cleverley marshalled the midfield to win the league by 11 points in 12/13? urgent solution ko, urgent soluble substance ni.

Yeah,he has been marshaling brilliantly to the extent that we've had to use jones, giggs and even Rooney in games and even call scholes outta retirement and get an extra year sef..... All within the last 4yrs.[/quote]

The only area where cleverly marshals, is cluelessness- he is a disgrace!!

coogar:

I need Nasri and hazard's numbers in comparison with young's, since you said numbers don't lie.

When you are ready, holla. I don't need all these epistles!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
He was useless....

you didn't see the game, stop being a false witness.

Yeah,he has been marshaling brilliantly to the extent that we've had to use jones, giggs and even Rooney in games and even call scholes outta retirement and get an extra year sef..... All within the last 4yrs.

we used giggs & oshea before cleverley even joined the first team. all kinda players have played in united's midfield.

The only area where cleverly marshals, is cluelessness- he is a disgrace!!

but he captained united at rooney's expense. don't lie - you had ulcers when you saw tom cleverino leading the team out.

I need Nasri and hazard's numbers in comparison with young's, since you said numbers don't lie.

When you are ready, holla. I don't need all these epistles!!

if your conjuctivitis wasn't so acute, you woulda seen the numbers up there. valencia came last in every category.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nawa oh all dese arguments sha
D league shud start jawe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

you didn't see the game, stop being a false witness.

Cleverley was useless just has he has always been- man up and admit it!

coogar:

we used giggs & oshea before cleverley even joined the first team. all kinda players have played in united's midfield.

.....which lays credence to the fact that our midfield has needed some fixing for a while now. unfortunately, air-heads like cleverley haven't lived up to billing!!

coogar:
but he captained united at rooney's expense. don't lie - you had ulcers when you saw tom cleverino leading the team out.
I was hoping to see a changed cleverley, only for the sideways and clueless 1diot to further buttress the fact that a leopard never changes its spots!!

coogar:
if your conjuctivitis wasn't so acute, you woulda seen the numbers up there. valencia came last in every category.

The exact reason why I said you need orepthal...

Why haven't you removed setplays like you'd always do when it comes to rooney's stats?

Give us a complete breakdown like you'd do when fatboy is involved!!

If na by stats, pelligrinini should be preparing a 50m bid for Podolski as a replacement for Nasri and silva, probably because the German's numbers were more impressive than what the two etihad guys posted last season!!( correct me if I'm wrong)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
Vidal right to consider Juventus future but joining Manchester United would be a huge mistake

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/4992362

Wicked... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
Cleverley was useless just has he has always been- man up and admit it!

words coming out from betfred says he's a strong candidate for the captain.

.....which lays credence to the fact that our midfield has needed some fixing for a while now. unfortunately, air-heads like cleverley haven't lived up to billing!!

which stupïd credence? that midfield needing fixing has won more league titles than any team in the league. how are they doing it? carrick & cleverley beat the crap out of chelsea, city, liverpool, arsenal, etc. surely, it's your lack of memory that needs fixing.

I was hoping to see a changed cleverley, only for the sideways and clueless 1diot to further buttress the fact that a leopard never changes its spots!!

he posted a MOTM performance last night alongside young. he murdered the inter midfield when he came on & should have had a penalty before the game went into a shootout.

The exact reason why I said you need orepthal...

you need spiritual deliverance!!!

Why are haven't you removed setplays like you'd always do when it comes to rooney's stats?

Give us a complete breakdown like you'd do when fatboy is involved!!

are you high on pubes? which stüpid set plays. tell us the set plays young copped last season to have exactly the same creativity stats as valencia despite playing 920 league minutes less than valencia?

when people run out of ideas, they look for straws to grasp. how many set plays assists have young copped at united? this is how you people peddle lies in the name of trying to sway arguments. in case you have lost focus on the argument....

young - 2 goals/3 assists(open play)
valencia - 2 goals/3 assists(open play)

young played 1028 mins
valencia played 1947 mins.

explain how young's set plays influenced the stats or tape it shut & admit you know nothing about football statistics. most of you here are just media sheep. read what the media say & form idiotic opinion based on what you have read instead of doing your own research.

If na by stats, pelligrinini should be preparing a 50m bid for Podolski as a replacement for Nasri and silva, probably because the German's numbers were more impressive than what the two etihad guys posted last season!!( correct me if I'm wrong)

it's not my business what podolski generates for arsenal. don't colour the argument with endless stream of distracting bullshyte. i have proven young has more productivity in his left foot than valencia & the 20 generations before him. i have also proven that amongst hazard, young, valencia & traitor nasri......valencia is the weakest winger.

if you have any evidence that disproves my theory, produce it or take your loss as usual on this debate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
^^^

Rooney, Mata and RVP took our set play last season. I am sure if the set play stat is taken from when both guys arrived (season by season), a clearer picture will emerge. Particularly on the assist stats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola, Cleverley played very well yesterday. Let's hope for consistency.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
Luke Shaw has admitted that manager Louis van Gaal was right to question his fitness.

Shaw said he "totally agreed" with comments about his fitness made by Van Gaal in a news conference this week. Shaw has been put on a special fitness programme by the United manager.

"To play in this formation you have to be really fit. I am fit but I am not at the high level he demands, I have got to get fitter to get up and down. It's something I have got to work on,"

[Source: BBCSport]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
coded01: Vidal right to consider Juventus future but joining Manchester United would be a huge mistake

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/4992362

Wicked... grin grin grin

I notice the fear factor is definitely returning to OT when I see posts like yours. you'll give up your inheritance to see Vidal killed than play for United grin grin grin chillax; all will be fine, no need for all these your rising pulse tongue

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

[s] words coming out from betfred says he's a strong candidate for the captain.

which stupïd credence? that midfield needing fixing has won more league titles than any team in the league. how are they doing it? carrick & cleverley beat the crap out of chelsea, city, liverpool, arsenal, etc. surely, it's your lack of memory that needs fixing.

he posted a MOTM performance last night alongside young. he murdered the inter midfield when he came on & should have had a penalty before the game went into a shootout.

you need spiritual deliverance!!!

are you high on pubes? which stüpid set plays. tell us the set plays young copped last season to have exactly the same creativity stats as valencia despite playing 920 league minutes less than valencia?

when people run out of ideas, they look for straws to grasp. how many set plays assists have young copped at united? this is how you people peddle lies in the name of trying to sway arguments. in case you have lost focus on the argument....

young - 2 goals/3 assists(open play)
valencia - 2 goals/3 assists(open play)

young played 1028 mins
valencia played 1947 mins.

explain how young's set plays influenced the stats or tape it shut & admit you know nothing about football statistics. most of you here are just media sheep. read what the media say & form idiotic opinion based on what you have read instead of doing your own research.

it's not my business what podolski generates for arsenal. don't colour the argument with endless stream of distracting bullshyte. i have proven young has more productivity in his left foot than valencia & the 20 generations before him. i have also proven that amongst hazard, young, valencia & traitor nasri......valencia is the weakest winger.

if you have any evidence that disproves my theory, produce it or take your loss as usual on this debate[/s].

Oga, remove the goals and assists that came from setplays and get back to me! I don't need all these meaningless epistles!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
It looks like the passing game of Gaal greatly benefited Cleverley. Cleverley's energy level seems to have highly improved, and it gave him an upper hand. But, it shouldn't be forgotten that Inter made only one change at half time. Our players were probably fresher in the 2nd half.

However, our overall play has improved so much. So much passing accuracy, good first touches, fast passes, mobility and so much energy. One thing missing- our forward players aren't natural dribblers. Only Zaha is a dribbler, but he doesn't have the experience. Januzaj is too young to make it. Nani is not in form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:

Oga, remove the goals and assists that came from setplays and get back to me! I don't need all these meaningless epistles!!

He has removed one season for you already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
elampiro:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
elampiro:

I need the ones for hazard and Nasri.

He should remove them and prove to me that Nasri and hazard have been better than Valencia and young, since he said stats don't lie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
elampiro: It looks like the passing game of Gaal greatly benefited Cleverley. Cleverley's energy level seems to have highly improved, and it gave him an upper hand. But, it shouldn't be forgotten that Inter made only one change at half time. Our players were probably fresher in the 2nd half.

However, our overall play has improved so much. So much passing accuracy, good first touches, fast passes, mobility and so much energy. One thing missing- our forward players aren't natural dribblers. Only Zaha is a dribbler, but he doesn't have the experience. Januzaj is too young to make it. Nani is not in form.
Januzaj will be our Robben, replacing van Persie in very tough games cuz I think van Persie is slowing down lately
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:

go & use balm to rub the bruises from the body blows you have received already. young did not cop any assist from set plays in the last 2 seasons. young didn't score any goal from set play in the last 2 seasons.

what other excuse would you put up for valencia? oh yes.....valencia played sometimes as a full back & that hindered his stats? hmm - or valencia has 3 testiclës and it's the reason he couldn't hit perfect crosses?

young is valencia's father on the wing!

take your defeat & stop moaning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ezra01(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.