Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8761771 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (14160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
afrodoc:

Summary of d epistle NONE OF THESE OGEDE PLAYERS IS PRESENTLY GOOD ENOUGH TO BE A WINGER FOR UNITED

This obvious fact is what cooger doesn't want to accept. He feels young is an upgrade on Valencia but the truth is that both of them are rubbish
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
This obvious fact is what cooger doesn't want to accept. He feels young is an upgrade on Valencia but the truth is that both of them are rubbish

i disagree...
don't you ever put young next to valencia in any football comparison. it's like comparing ferrari to volkswagen beetle.

ashley young made PFA team twice - he won the best young player in this league. he was the championship's best player while at watford. his numbers put walcott, milner, lennon, valencia, etherington, mirallas, etc to shame.

apart from nani, young is the best out & out winger in the premier league.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

like the ill-disciplined wayne rooney? cheesy
de gea wouldn't have gone that way. mistakes were bound to happen as he was filling the shoes of the great van der sar & those shoes are huge.

united scouted him for almost 2 years. eric steele came back to tell fergie he's the real deal. we had the option to sign bigger names but fergie opted for this old & made him his #1. how could you have doubted fergie's judgement on de gea?

Even if he was scouted for 20 years, he was still gonna fail at man utd if he was destined to...

coogar:
in a united shirt, valencia is the worst winger the whole planet has ever seen.

Young epitomizes what a winger shouldn't turn out to be- he should always be used as an example when a manager wants to illustrate terrible occurrences to his players!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Silvestre & Wesley Brown actually had very good spells in a Man United shirt, alongside Johnny O' Shea.
no United fan can ever call them flops, even tho they were not so talented
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
SailorXY: Silvestre & Wesley Brown actually had very good spells in a Man United shirt, alongside Johnny O' Shea.
no United fan can ever call them flops, even tho they were not so talented

especially brown and oshea.
silvestre had pace and could hit a great cross field pass, APART FROM THAT i dont know what business he had as a defender.
if you need any evidence that life is unfair look no further than silvestre's CV which includes clubs like Inter, United and Arsenal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
Even if he was scouted for 20 years, he was still gonna fail at man utd if he was destined to...

i can see the pain in your texts.....you were probably on a suicide watch when your dreams turned into nightmares concerning de gea. grin

Young epitomizes what a winger shouldn't turn out to be- he should always be used as an example when a manager wants to illustrate terrible occurrences to his players!!

•championship player of the year
•premier league young player of the year
•PFA team of the year 2007/8
•PFA team of the year 2008/9

these individual awards won by young suggest you might need to go for a brain scan. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
afrodoc:

especially brown and oshea.
silvestre had pace and could hit a great cross field pass, APART FROM THAT i dont know what business he had as a defender.
if you need any evidence that life is unfair look no further than silvestre's CV which includes clubs like Inter, United and Arsenal
true about his cross-field passes & pace. he was also very good with his head. it was very difficult for United to concede goals from crosses cuz only Gary was not tall @ the back!
that was why Silvestre was always preferred more as LB than a CB tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

i can see the pain in your texts.....you were probably on a suicide watch when your dreams turned into nightmares concerning de gea. ;DD

On the contrary, I was very happy about the boy improvement. Until Cleverley and young do the same, both players remain Uber rubbish!!

coogar:

•championship player of the year
•premier league young player of the year
•PFA team of the year 2007/8
•PFA team of the year 2008/9

these individual awards won by young suggest you might need to go for a brain scan. cheesy

When you keep on making references to his performances at watford and Aston villa when I made it crystal clear I'm only interested in what he has done in a united shirt, it means you need to see neurologist. Afro DOC won't charge too much, based on the man united brotherhood ish!! tongue

Afro DOC- over to you before his psycho-neurosis spirals outta control!! cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
Coogar! Rooney has more individual honours than young and yet you still call him a flop, has young ever outplayed rooney in his entire life? Buh yet you praise him to the high heavens

Rooney flops for 3games, you chop his head off, young flops for two seasons, you give excuses and still use past glories to judge him, ah! Coogar! Wetin?

We should be comparing young with puncheon, lennon and the likes

Abeg no dey always twist argument to your favor, you can't be right all the time

Young is shyte and he won't deny It if asked

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
On the contrary, I was very happy that the boy cleared my doubts. Until Cleverley and young do the same, both players remain Uber rubbish!!

go & swallow a container of tylenol. the pain of the past must hurt.

When you keep on making references to his performances at watford and Aston villa, when I made it crystal clear I'm only interested in what he has done in a united shirt, it means you need to see neurologist- Afro DOC won't charge you too much, based on the united brotherhood ish!!

see this flip-flopper.
you told us minutes ago that young epitomises what a winger should never be & i have just laid out his catalog of individual awards. his statistics shytes on any winger in the premier league bar nani or perhaps hazard.

Afro DOC- over to you before his psycho-neurosis spirals outta control!! cheesy grin

nah - you are the one getting caught out with brainless statements. a winger that has conquered the top 2 leagues in england & managed to make the team of the year twice epitomises what a winger should never be?

your case is worse than trisomy-21. grin

dopeJemi: Coogar! Rooney has more individual honours than young and yet you still call him a flop, has young ever outplayed rooney in his entire life? Buh yet you praise him to the high heavens

look at this man - everything in life is about perspective. expectation & result is what defines accuracy & precision. starboard, correct me if i am wrong(EEE 313).

what was expected of rooney when he bursted to the scene. white pele was his alias - he was going to conquer the world. has rooney met that expectation? if your parents expect you to make 260 in UME & you make 200, would they think you have done well or you have flopped?

Rooney flops for 3games, you chop his head off, young flops for two seasons, you give excuses and still use past glories to judge him, ah! Coogar! Wetin?

young didn't flop for 2 seasons - young was injured for 2 seasons describes his career more aptly. even with his long term injury & limited minutes, he produced the same stats as valencia that played 900+ mins more than young last season.

if young flopped, what can you say about valencia?

We should be comparing young with puncheon, lennon and the like
Abeg no dey always twist argument to your favor, you can't be right all the time
Young is shyte and he won't deny It if asked

how so?
which of puncheon or lennon has won the PFA young player of the year? young has graced the same stage as ronaldo, fabregas, rooney, bale, hazard, and you are comparing to lennon? angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
You guys have exhausted your points regarding this argument.

Quit Time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

go & swallow a container of tylenol. the pain of the past must hurt.

Despite language barrier/ changes in environment etc, de gea improved significantly within two years to become arguable the best goalkeeper in the league while cleverley and your 29yr old hunch-back god are still fighting for the role of "worst man utd player ever".

Too bad!!

coogar:

see this flip-flopper.
you told us minutes ago that young epitomises what a winger should never be & i have just laid out his catalog of individual awards. his statistics shytes on any winger in the premier league bar nani or perhaps hazard.

Why should I be concerned with what he did at watford and villa? What's my business with those teams? A player has turned out to be one of the worst things to have happened to man utd for a while now, you are here talking about his exploits 6-10 years ago.

Swerve Abeg!

coogar:
nah - you are the one getting caught out with brainless statements. a winger that has conquered the top 2 leagues in england & managed to make the team of the year twice epitomises what a winger should never be?

Young in a utd shirt, is worse than pius ikedia!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
Despite language barrier/ changes in environment etc, de gea improved significantly within two years to become arguable the best goalkeeper in the league while cleverley and your 29yr old hunch-back god are still fighting for the role of "worst man utd player ever".
Too bad!!

de gea - best goalkeeper in the league.
young - best english winger by a country mile.

young is the truth!
he gets few games & his productivity matched tony valencia(your idol) without young breaking sweats. if young is a flop, what is valencia. why are you such a coward to answer that question?

Why should I be concerns with what he did at watford and villa? What's my business with those teams? A player has turned out to be one of the worst things to have happened to man utd for a while now, you are here talking about his exploits 6-10 years ago.
Swerve Abeg!

this is where your deductive reasoning should be questioned. young achieved in watford, he overachieved at villa. so why is he a flop at united? did he lose all those talents or injury has hampered his career at united?

this is the question i would expect any man with a functioning brain to ask himself. the record shows the injury is the problem & not that young cannot perform. even with his injury-hampered career at united, he has outperformed valencia.

so why are you bellyaching?
menstrual cramps? ulcers? appendix or you swallowed cyanide-laden garri? louis van gaal values young, SAF valued young. the statistics put ashley young as the 2nd most productive winger in the last 8 seasons.

Young in a utd shirt, is worse than pius ikedia!!

if you keep telling yourself that, it might become the truth in your lucid dreams. young shat on your idol. your escape was trying to ridicule the stats by bringing nasri/hazard into the debate until the stats destroyed your argument.

what else are you going to use your excuse? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

look at this man - everything in life is about perspective. expectation & result is what defines accuracy & precision. starboard, correct me if i am wrong(EEE 313).

what was expected of rooney when he bursted to the scene. white pele was his alias - he was going to conquer the world. has rooney met that expectation? if your parents expect you to make 260 in UME & you make 200, would they think you have done well or you have flopped?

young didn't flop for 2 seasons - young was injured for 2 seasons describes his career more aptly. even with his long term injury & limited minutes, he produced the same stats as valencia that played 900+ mins more than young last season.

if young flopped, what can you say about valencia?

how so?
which of puncheon or lennon has won the PFA young player of the year? young has graced the same stage as ronaldo, fabregas, rooney, bale, hazard, and you are comparing to lennon? angry angry angry

By your standards, has ashley young lived up to any expectation? Since your favourite man isn't in anyway better than rooney, shouldn't you stop criticizing him?

Your man is a flop and not on the same level with our man, buh yet you criticize our man and praise your man, funny!

If I score 200, when I was expected to score 260, I haven't particularly done well buh I'm also not a flop, and its not as if I haven't passed 200 before or haven't even passed 260 before»» rooney's case

If I score 130, when I was expected to score atleast 200 to beat the cut off mark, then I can be labelled a big flop, and I've also never crossed that 200 in my entire life since I started writing ume»» young's case

Try relating this to football

What we expect from young is very little and yet he still can't live up to it

What we expect from rooney is very big, he has lived up to it and he's still living up to it, won't rule out the times he didn't live up to it though

Rooney is going to be united's all time top scorer, it takes a star to do that, not some hunched-back running around

And who hasn't graced the stage with world stars before
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

young is the truth!
he gets few games & his productivity matched tony valencia(your idol) without young breaking sweats. if young is a flop, what is valencia. why are you such a coward to answer that question?

I already answered that question when I replied afrodoc's post. Go back and read..

coogar:
this is where your deductive reasoning should be questioned. young achieved in watford, he overachieved at villa. so why is he a flop at united? did he lose all those talents or injury has hampered his career at united?

Who fücking cares about the reasons behind his shameful failings at utd?

No dey ask me 21 questions jare- Ain't Curtis Jackson!

coogar:
[s] this is the question i would expect any man with a functioning brain to ask himself. the record shows the injury is the problem & not that young cannot perform. even with his injury-hampered career at united, he has outperformed valencia.[/s]

Rawbish!!

coogar:
[s] so why are you bellyaching?
menstrual cramps? ulcers? appendix or you swallowed cyanide-laden garri? louis van gaal values young, SAF valued young. the statistics put ashley young as the 2nd most productive winger in the last 8 seasons.[/s]

Tosh...

coogar:
if you keep telling yourself that, it might become the truth in your lucid dreams. young shat on your idol. your escape was trying to ridicule the stats by bringing nasri/hazard into the debate until the stats destroyed your argument.

what else are you going to use your excuse? grin

You chickened out after your rubbish stats were found out to be skewed and lopsided as usual.

I'm still waiting for what I asked for oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
dopeJemi:
By your standards, has ashley young lived up to any expectation? Since your favourite man isn't in anyway better than rooney, shouldn't you stop criticizing him?

ashley young has overachieved. he has dusted all the wingers he met at united. the statistics are there for you to ponder over. opinions may lie. media may lie. numbers never lie.

Your man is a flop and not on the same level with our man, buh yet you criticize our man and praise your man, funny!

rooney is supposed to be in the best 3 players in the world. he was the bigger talent than ronaldo in 2004. your man's decline was more tragic than the malaysian airline gunned down by the rebels in ukraine.

If I score 200, when I was expected to score 260, I haven't particularly done well buh I'm also not a flop, and its not as if I haven't passed 200 before or haven't even passed 260 before»» rooney's case

your 200 would have fallen short of the cut-off of the course you are aiming to be admitted for. it means one more year at home to burn the candles at both ends. you might be disowned for that reason. grin

If I score 130, when I was expected to score atleast 200 to beat the cut off mark, then I can be labelled a big flop, and I've also never crossed that 200 in my entire life since I started writing ume»» young's case

the only reason you would have been expected to score 260 in the first place is because you wanted a top tier university & a top tier discipline. you cannot be 60 points short & make the cut-off of your desired course. you have flopped.

Try relating this to football
What we expect from young is very little and yet he still can't live up to it

even as his numbers subdued that of valencia that played 900 minutes more than him? are you even aware of that fact?

What we expect from rooney is very big, he has lived up to it and he's still living up to it, won't rule out the times he didn't live up to it though

rooney hasn't lived up to anything. he has been bested by muller, rodriguez, musa, RVP, etc in international tournaments. even in club competition....rooney has never a carried the club to glory like ronaldo, drogba, messi, henry, ruud, etc have done.

Rooney is going to be united's all time top scorer, it takes a star to do that, not some hunched-back running around

after how many seasons? after how many league minutes? after how many awoof penalties? you have to look at things in perspective - how many games has it taken rooney to reach his number of goals? ashley young in the same shoes would have scored 400 goals in the same period.

And who hasn't graced the stage with world stars before

you mean lennon/puncheon have stood on the PFA young player of the year award podium? grin grin cheesy grin remind which season was that? 1578 or 1784? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

The bold means nothing. Valencia is best Ecuadorian winger and some rastafarian is the best Jamaican winger

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dadehmola:
Who fücking cares about the reasons behind his shameful failings at utd? No dey ask me 21 questions jare- Ain't Curtis Jackson!

then don't consider yourself logical if you can't ask questions. what are you doing here? you should be shopping with those brain-dead bimbos

You chickened out after your rubbish stats were found out to be skewed and lopsided as usual.

you are a disgrace!
even after you were told young didn't assist any goal from set play in the last 2 seasons, you still continue to press for irrelevant stats.

why do you nigerians like to expose your inaptitude publicly like this. if young had no set play assists or goals in the last 2 seasons, how was he able to best valencia in productivity?

I'm still waiting for what I asked for oo

after you have been sonned?
your lack of decorum is the only reason you are still debating. young assisted no goal from set play last season or 12/13.....

come & explain how valencia still came short....

raumdeuter:
The bold means nothing. Valencia is best Ecuadorian winger and some rastafarian is the best Jamaican winger

it means a lot.....
especially when the stats have revealed young bested valencia in the premier league.

actually, if we put nani aside.......
young is the best winger in the entire premier league in the last 8 seasons.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
How many of those Young assists were from his notorious diving skills?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
raumdeuter: How many of those Young assists were from his notorious diving skills?

about 1/3 of robben's......
you can report him to EFCC or FIFA police, femi falana is offering a discount for such services.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

then don't consider yourself logical if you can't ask questions. what are you doing here? you should be shopping with those brain-dead bimbos

I never asked you for any explanations, did I?

Young has been a massive failure at united... Simple!!

coogar:
[s] you are a disgrace!
even after you were told young didn't assist any goal from set play in the last 2 seasons, you still continue to press for irrelevant stats.

why do you nigerians like to expose your inaptitude publicly like this. if young had no set play assists or goals in the last 2 seasons, how was he able to best valencia in productivity?

after you have been sonned?
your lack of decorum is the only reason you are still debating. young assisted no goal from set play last season or 12/13.....

come & explain how valencia still came short....[/s]

Still waiting for the stats I asked for, bros..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014

One assist
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
ashley young

06/07 - 5 goals/6 assists - 2780 mins
07/08 - 8 goals/17assists - 3288 mins
08/09 - 7 goals/9 assists - 3190 mins
09/10 - 5 goals/11assists - 3300 mins
10/11 - 7 goals/11assists - 3050 mins
11/12 - 6 goals/11assists - 1565 mins
12/13 - 0 goals/5 assists - 1369 mins
13/14 - 2 goals/3 assists - 1028 mins

40 goals/73 assists - 19,570 league mins

i dare any of you lots to find a winger in the last 8 seasons with this kinda amazing stats in the premier league.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
raumdeuter:

Bwahahahhahahahhahahahha

grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2014

robben the dolphin.....

'I must apologise,' said Robben. 'The one [at the end] was a penalty, but the other one was a dive in the first half. I shouldn't be doing that.'

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 12:12am On Jul 31, 2014
^^^^ cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:27am On Jul 31, 2014
elampiro:

From the world cup games, I knew he wouldnt make a good player for Man
United. He was just there in the field. Not commading or dictating.
From the World cup games? Who was i schooling on Fellaini even before last season began when cats claimed Bayern and all the big dogs in Europe were after him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:42am On Jul 31, 2014
A40:
From the World cup games? Who was i schooling on Fellaini even before last season began when cats claimed Bayern and all the big dogs in Europe were after him.

One even told us Faillaini was better than Martinez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:42am On Jul 31, 2014
raumdeuter:

One even told us Faillaini was better than Martinez

Fish that person out....that was and still is blasphemy. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:07am On Jul 31, 2014
Fabville:

It is because Fellaini he's playing for Everton that he is being underrated. For what i saw Fellaini played last season, i believe he is better than Martinez. I will search for their statistics later.

The beginning

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (14160) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.