Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8736804 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:08am On Jul 31, 2014
Fabville:

As it stands, i will prefer us going for Fellaini. He has improved his game a lot considering his performances during last season.

His buyout clause okay compared to how much Bayern bought Javi Martinez from Bilbao last season and he is better than Jarvi Martinez. He is a box-to-box midfielder. He is the type of battler we need in that midfield.

If we go for him, he will be willing to play for Utd with David Moyes's influence. He is the only one we can get now for David Moyes to prove himself come next season.

Another one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:08am On Jul 31, 2014
SailorXY:
There is no base for this comparism. If/when Fellaini joins up with United (or a top rate team) then we can revisit this issue. Fellaini plays at Everton *big fish small kettle* time will tell if he is really up there with the kings

Even when this guy was cautioning him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:10am On Jul 31, 2014
afrodoc: TA some players are small players in BIG clubs e.g oshea,park.others r BIG players in small clubs......fellaini is one of them! he will never and must never play for united o.he is d kind of guy liverpool buy these days,lets hope they buy him.wat does he offer? is he a much better shield for d back for than carrick? i think not! is he the creative force that we lack? i think not.will United now rely on flick ons and knockdowns like everton? i hope not! and why would u by BOTH fellaini n javi martinez anyway? where will d creativity come from in d offensive third of d pitch?

Prophetic words
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:12am On Jul 31, 2014
Fabville:

Yes, i was the one and i can see that @SailorXY have answered that earlier.

I said that based on the Martinez's statistics before he moved to Bayern. If and when Fellaini moves to a bigger team we'll now compare. Big teams do improve players.

He still insisted
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:06am On Jul 31, 2014
raumdeuter:

He still insisted

I remember He posted one graph like that to support his argument.

The kind megedefegede yarns wey stats don cause for this thread ehn.. undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 7:22am On Jul 31, 2014
I wouldn't rush to condemn Fellaini yet because there was no player that really performed well under moyes last season, I reserve my criticism till he starts playing under van gaal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:24am On Jul 31, 2014
n0m0705: I wouldn't rush to condemn Fellaini yet because there was no player that really performed well under moyes last season, I reserve my criticism till he starts playing under van gaal.

The comparison between him and Martinez is the issue here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:50am On Jul 31, 2014
Chart most times is deceptive.... I careless bout it.... I make my judgment via field work... not what i read on papers....or net.... Felaini is shyte... leh Gaal sell him off including Young and Nani.... Valencia can stay sef.. he can easily deputize for Rafael....As for those inconsistent scums could go. Mtcheeeeew... Dah Hunch back Young is as average as phuck .. leh him go play for Dundee Utd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2014
Cape Town - Manchester United have edged a step closer to signing Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal after the 27-year-old was reported to have passed a series of medical tests with the club.

According to the Metro, United have been chasing Vidal for most of the summer and the Chilean seems determined to make the move to Old Trafford, despite his current club insisting he is going nowhere.

The two clubs are yet to agree on a fee for Vidal, but with a medical at Old Trafford done and dusted, a transfer to the Manchester outfit seems imminent.

Vidal has suffered with knee and ankle problems in the past and it’s thought that the Red Devils were keen to check up on those injuries ahead of a giant deal.

Vidal has already been promised £200,000-a-week at United and final personal terms are set to be the only thing left to agree.

Sport24

http://m.news24.com/sport24/Soccer/EnglishPremiership/Vidal-passes-United-medical-ahead-of-transfer-20140731
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2014
Arturo Vidal is reportedly set to demand a move to Manchester United within the next 24 hours, according to Chilean reports.

The midfielder’s agent, Fernando Felicevich, is allegedly ‘working around the clock’ to negotiate a move for his client to The Red Devils in the coming weeks – despite Juventus insisting that Vidal would be staying in Italy.

Now, according to Chile newspaper El Mercurio, Felicevich is set to meet Juve director Giuseppe Marotta later today to inform the Serie A champions that the 27-year-old wants to join United.

Vidal has reportedly grown anxious to leave the cash-strapped Italians after seeing reports linking him with a move to the Premier League following his impressive performances for Chile at the World Cup in Brazil this summer.

The 27-year-old – who signed for Juventus from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer of 2011 – only signed a new contract with the Bianconerri last year.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/30/arturo-vidal-will-tell-juventus-he-wants-manchester-united-transfer-this-summer-4815836/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
kelechi iheanacho is the best nigerian player at the moment. i saw city & liverpool last night and my jaw dropped at his maturity & deft touches. he's way ahead of his time.

keshi is a lunatic for leaving this lad out of the world cup squad. i wish he had joined united instead of those arab sheikhs who know nothing about nurturing youth players.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
coogar: kelechi iheanacho is the best nigerian player at the moment. i saw city & liverpool last night and my jaw dropped at his maturity & deft touches. he's way ahead of his time.

keshi is a lunatic for leaving this lad out of the world cup squad. i wish he had joined united instead of those arab sheikhs who know nothing about nurturing youth players.
I just hiss when I remember how Keshi blew a good opportunity to advance quite far in the world cup with silly and senseless choices.
I wonder why we are begging this egomaniac to still be our coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
StarBoard:
I just hiss when I remember how Keshi blew a good opportunity to advance quite far in the world cup with silly and senseless choices.

if managed properly, this lad will rule the world. he's got everything. no weakness at all.....his positioning, eye for the pass, required weight of pass, crazy tekkers, etc.

when the game went to pens & big money signings at city were fluffing their lines, his penalty was a joy to see. skysports commentator(alan curbishley) was having a telegašm about him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
raumdeuter:

Prophetic words

lol, fabville should be flogged.
sometimes i wonder if we all watch the same football. it is only in the ugandan league that fellaini is better than martinez.
i find it hard to understand what people see in him. he can not be an integral member of any team playing fluid football......he has the finesse of a street urchin and the intelligence of a tadpole. when u consider the fact that he needs as much space as a jeep grand cherokee to turn on the pitch you wonder what he is doing at United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
coogar:

if managed properly, this lad will rule the world. he's got everything. no weakness at all.....his positioning, eye for the pass, required weight of pass, crazy tekkers, etc.

when the game went to pens & big money signings at city were fluffing their lines, his penalty was a joy to see. skysports commentator(alan curbishley) was having a telegašm about him.
Lol.
If colorless Curbishley can be gushing about somebody,then the fella must be good.
But seriously it's not surprising that he is this good. I saw him in the last U-17 world cup and knew the boy had it.
I think he should have joined another club, not City, knowing that it would take almost a miracle for him to break into the City side if we really believe he is u-17.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
afrodoc:

lol, fabville should be flogged.
sometimes i wonder if we all watch the same football. it is only in the ugandan league that fellaini is better than martinez.
i find it hard to understand what people see in him. he can not be an integral member of any team playing fluid football......he has the finesse of a street urchin and the intelligence of a tadpole. when u consider the fact that he needs as much space as a jeep grand cherokee to turn on the pitch you wonder what he is doing at United
where is that fabville sef? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
StarBoard:
Maybe because we probably won't have the nation's cup without him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Iheanacho is still a young lad jare, cannot be more that 20 atm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chicharito To Southampton? grin

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/4995661

Are you thinking what I am thinking? grin tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
Those of you who've watched your preseason games...how have Mata and Hererra been fielded position wise?

Who is 1st choice for the hole?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mata is 1st choice in the hole, kagawa 2ns choice.
Herrera in central midfield but with licence to move into attacking positions, seems cleverley is 2nd choice there.

fletcher appears to be 1st choice in d more defensive midfield position for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
afrodoc: Mata is 1st choice in the hole, kagawa 2ns choice.
Herrera in central midfield but with licence to move into attacking positions, seems cleverley is 2nd choice there.

fletcher appears to be 1st choice in d more defensive midfield position for now.

Nice one.

I'm just agonizing over my fantasy football team this year
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
coded01: Chicharito To Southampton? grin

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/4995661

Are you thinking what I am thinking? grin tongue grin

Jul 31, 2014 11:29:00

The Manchester United striker says he is aware of the Italian club's pursuit of his signature but insists it would be disrespectful to the Red Devils to discuss a potential move

Javier Hernandez has admitted he is aware of interest from Inter but refused to speculate on his future at Manchester United.

Hernandez, who has also been linked with Atletico Madrid, scored 20 goals in all competitions in his first season at Old Trafford but has since struggled to hold down a place in the starting XI, developing a reputation as a 'super-sub'.

The Mexican has never been fond of the label, however, leading to suggestions he could leave United due to the status of Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney as the club's first-choice strike pairing.

“I know of Inter’s interest, I'm happy for this reason,” Hernandez told reporters on the Red Devils' pre-season tour of the USA, according to Corriere dello Sport. 

“There are many clubs that want me, but at the moment I am a Manchester United player and it isn't respectful to talk about other teams. I don't know my future, we will see after the USA tournament.”

Former United captain Nemanja Vidic, who joined Inter upon the expiry of his contract in Manchester this summer, has expressed his admiration of Hernandez in recent weeks.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/07/31/4994840/hernandez-happy-to-hear-of-inter-interest?ICID=HP_BN_5
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
when will you guys learn goal.com is a useless site? they make up these stories to drive traffic. why would hernandez leave united for southampton of all places?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
^^ bros I tire
the story get x-leg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Goal.com wey thunder go fire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:14am On Aug 01, 2014
Both stories are from goal.com. We however know that the more authentic story is the 2nd one. It doesn't however rule out an interest in Chicha from Southampton. Chicha confirmed that there are other clubs which want him (perhaps who have made inquires about him).

Rumours are bound to surround an unsettled player. And such are not peculiar to goal.com. Enquires from agents, private and informal talks, negations, are going on every day. Only a few get to that stage where bids and acceptance/rejection are made. Some negotiations fail at the last minute. Like Man United and Ronaldnho.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Vicjay1(m): 6:43am On Aug 01, 2014
Vidal passed Man Utd medicals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Maybe because we probably won't have the nation's cup without him.
My view is that considering what we've achieved in the past, winning the Nations cup shouldn't be seen as too much of an achievement.

We've been ranked as high as No.5 in the world and won the Olympic football tournament.

We should be thinking of how to make serious impact at the World Cup and putting shivers down the spines of the more established sides.

So if he's winning clinging to a said achievement that had already been performed 20 years ago (Nations Cup/second round of world Cup), I'm afraid we haven't made progress. My view.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2014
Manchester United's Dutch manager Louis van Gaal, 62,
has had HD cameras installed at the club's Carrington
complex so he can analyse every detail of training. Daily
Mirror(external)
United defender Jonny Evans, 26, says the cameras are
already being used on the club's tour of the United
States: "The manager is saying: 'You should be five
yards to the right.' We went though a video last night
and I was 10 yards out." Daily Mail(external)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2014
Vicjay1: Vidal passed Man Utd medicals.
No, he didnt take a medical with man utd stop spreading rumours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Demolz, TrebleChamp(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.