Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! (8510 Views)

Gov. Wike Suspends Commissioner Of Works / Governor Rochas Okorocha Suspends 8 Government Officials For Corrupt Practices / Okorocha Suspends 4 Traditional Rulers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Ninapha(f): 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2012
Kachinom:

@ninapha mayb u r in one of dese federal universities, it is nt d state govt responsibilities 2 tk up any federals' afterall d fees paid in federal institutions r cheaper compare 2 states, nd d federal schs r really enjoyin d federal dividens dan we in d state, so federal govt shld gv u pple schorlarship as "indigenes of nigeria", if it is nt ok wt u, u can as well transfer 2 imsu or imopoly 2 enjoy d free education as well, don't think am goin 2 benefit 4rm dis scholarship b'c am already a graduate 4rm imsu 4 2yrs nw, bt we'v been suffering allow us 2 enjoy govt money 4 a while b4 anoda govt steps in and 4 all U ENEMIES OF PROGRESS if d govt is bad u wil complain, good d same thing haba enwere ihe e mere meta unu, i wonder when u pple enter dat seat una go do worse dan ohakim, dnt u tink we shld enjoy d states money or do u prefer d govt 2 pack d money, no development, money we no see; we no chop

Sorry dear, I cant be a student at this age. I have wards in Imsu, yes but not withstanding, when we see good policies we know them. Now he has just commissioned Avu poultry and Obowo is being reactivated because of our agitations. Thank God u are out of school, how fair has the labour market been? I give u Example, do u know that more than 70% of people working with Orange drugs are from Imo State. If we have more industries, skill acquisition centers, technological schools, Markets, dont u think Imo wd be better off. We can not all be civil servants, we need industries. I appreciate him even though he talks much but he should finish one before another, he is not a magician.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2012
Ninapha:

Rochas was loved by everyone including me. Now if indeed u are form Imo, what wd u consider as Rochas Agenda for Imo people. Free Education u would say and what? Already there is free education to JSS3 so he is only taking up SS1-3 withoutout the Waec fee. Fair i must say, I paid WAEC fee recently and i think Imo state pays higher than any other state with all the security fee this and that.

Roads: He has started some roads but my dear, wait, we know how they begin, let him complete them before posting himself on mercury.

Now do you know any civil servant in Imo state, call him to tell you if he is still in love with Rochas, Retirees and all the lots. He talks too much.

His 100, 000 to Imo students studing in Imo state institutions, how fair do u think he is? What of those in FUTO, ALVAN, POLYNEK that are federal schools, What of other Imoites schooling in other states, he is sure brewing trouble.

Wdn't it have been better to sort out unemployment in Imo state. An average Imoite is a potential undergraduate and afterwards a potential keke driver.

What infrastructures are available in the schools. Whatever project he brings out to u guys is to increase his pocket. I am sure of this.

Rochas>> The worst thing to happen to imo state since Ohakim
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Dede1(m): 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2012
Ninapha:

So why then were u asking for free education when u know u state have no need for it.  In what way do u respect an Mbaise man pls? U are free to ur opinion anyway Thank God u said they shd stop building hotels.  I am hopeful you can also attest that an average imoite wd do even menial jobs to go to school and after that what next keke driver or going outside the state to look for job.  U see the problem of Imo state is not free education because they already have bases for it but how to pilot the affairs of the state to tackle unemployment. If u know Imo state very well, u must have hard about all the abandoned project that could generate employment- Adapalm, Avu/Obowo poultry,  SME site at Naze, ITC.  I will not see good and say its bad, He is better than ohakim and may have good intentions but first he has to look into the problem of his people and not just doing one million things at a time.  As for ur people, I dont envy them, I live in onitsha and i know how far una de make am.

For us Imoites we wd continue to ask for employment till it is settled.

Both Adapalm and ITC have been sold to Okorocha’s proxies by Okorocha-led Imo State government. If he had the opportunity to sell Imo State to one of his cronies, the magician from Ogboko, Ideato South LGA would have done so.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by sale1: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2012
@odiaero u re a fool for asking dat kind of stupid question, i think u should ask google for a perfect ans, idiot
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Dede1(m): 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2012
It is funny and at the same time very strange it took Okorocha, the next good thing God created after the slice of bread, 8 months to realize LGA local government workers and teachers were not paid salaries. Yet Okorocha made sure those LGA TC (Transition Committee) chairpersons, (APGA) candidates who failed to secure a seat in Imo State House Assembly, appointed by him received fat checks.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by purity80(m): 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2012
I don't care what people say about OWELLE cos they are entitled to their opinion. For me and my people in Awo-Omamma in Oru-East L.G.A, he is the messiah. Work is currently going on some of our major roads that used to be one of the worst roads in the state. Before now bikes cannot pligh on those roads, not to talk of cars. OWELLE does not say what he cannot do. He is a God sent. As far as we are concerned, he is only second to God.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Otunne1: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2012
in imo state today, owelle is constructing new roads, reconstructing existing ones(i wnt to used this opportunity to challange any bdy from imo state, who will can mention any community without a road project either finished or stil ongoing, and was started by owelle), owelle is building 309 primary skuls, owelle is renovating secondry skuls, owelle has brought morribounds industries bck to life, whatelse do you want him to do okiga nd dede?
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by ceejayluv(m): 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2012
The money that Udenwa and Ohakim were sharing to Iwuanyanwu, Nzeribe and co. is now being channelled to meaningful projects and some myopic cretins are complaining
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by iiiyyyk(m): 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2012
im from imo state, the road to my village that was awarded during udenwna's administration(1999-2007 ) and was not constructed,

again awarded by Ohakim 2007-20011) was not contructed, all we saw was bill board.

but as i am talking to you now it is 9o% completed yet he is not up to 1 yr in office. this is just one example.

Rochas might not be perfect, but he is doing well so far.

Dede1:

Both Adapalm and ITC have been sold to Okorocha’s proxies by Okorocha-led Imo State government. If he had the opportunity to sell Imo State to one of his cronies, the magician from Ogboko, Ideato South LGA would have done so.

dede1 u either do not know the meaning of privatization or you are just trying to be mischievous
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Rossikk(m): 2:55am On Feb 17, 2012
Some of our people are very funny. You're calling him a showman because he's doing tangible things for the people. What you want is a secret man that will be secretly chopping the money. That's the one you like. In fact we have problems as a people.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by cmooa: 6:20am On Feb 17, 2012
I expect u to read the full text of his speach before posting comments. Let us post informed comments rather than just saying something. I listened to his address life on NTA and if some of the people here making comments did, most of the comments here will not be necessary. What i noticed here is that most people derive joy in antagonising. I am not from Imo, but I love this man. Talk is cheap, right, but we can't do without it in governance. I expect people to check all that he said he did in 8 months and see if it is true, check if he actually give out his salary to Imo state, check to see if he give out the security vote to Imo for development, check to see if he pays 20k as minimum wage when other states are still battling with 18k, check out issues before making comments and when you discovered that you erred, come back to say so, its a mark of honour
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by cmooa: 7:16am On Feb 17, 2012
You may wish to visit http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/02/15/transcript-state-of-imo-address-by-gov-rochas-okorocha/ to download the full text of the speech.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Uchmonia(m): 8:52am On Feb 17, 2012
INdeed this man is a God sent governor to by frank with you, i came from Isu Local Govt. Area of Imo State, i did all my schooling in imo state i think that i have never seen a governor that is doing what this guy is doing, this is the second mbakwe the ex and late governor of Imo state, pple do you kw that IN Qatars overseas every citizen of that country are being paid $1,244 every month which is close 200k why should some of the Nigerians critize ppl and what is good and the good thing they are doing. Infact kudos to my eable governor may our good lord countinue to strengthen you more and more in jesus name
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:47am On Feb 17, 2012
What type of roads?!

Take pictures and show me?!

Amaechi in Rivers state is constructing roads with underground drainage systems. INFACT no road in rivers State, be it street, lane, close or express would be commisioned if it does not have a drainage system that empties out into another and leads to the rivers.

I hope its not just the usual tarr and go roads that he is building. This one its taking him 4 months to finish. undecided
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Otunne1: 10:15am On Feb 17, 2012
@okija juju, every single road being constructed by owelle, has drainage, he or his deputy who is the works commissioner, will canceal any road project without drainage especially in owerri. For instance rochas personally canceal 2 road project, executed by former pdp chairman on the spot because the thickness of the tar was not met.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Ninapha(f): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2012
Dede1:

It is funny and at the same time very strange it took Okorocha, the next thing God created after the slice of bread, 8 months to realize LGA local government workers and teachers were not paid salaries. Yet Okorocha made sure those LGA TC (Transition Committee) chairpersons, (APGA) candidates who failed to secure a seat in Imo State House Assembly, appointed by him received fat checks.   

My brother, who no know no know.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Sagamite(m): 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

What type of roads?!

Take pictures and show me?!

Amaechi in Rivers state is constructing roads with underground drainage systems. INFACT no road in rivers State, be it street, lane, close or express would be commisioned if it does not have a drainage system that empties out into another and leads to the rivers.

I hope its not just the usual tarr and go roads that he is building. This one its taking him 4 months to finish. undecided

Now that is what we call delivery with brains.

It is one thing to have ideas, it is another to deliver it with brains.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Dede1(m): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2012
Otu nne:

@okija juju, every single road being constructed by owelle, has drainage, he or his deputy who is the works commissioner, will canceal any road project without drainage especially in owerri. For instance rochas personally canceal 2 road project, executed by former pdp chairman on the spot because the thickness of the tar was not met.

Do the roads Okorocha constructed in 6 months not have names? smiley smiley Please name road Okorocha has built. As of December 22, 2011, Okorocha is foolishly re-tarring not entire Wetheral Road but the end point at Ogbo Osisi market for idiotic reason. Yes, Okorocha has sent crew to grade and compact few obscure roads in Owerri with laterite. And in some cases, I noticed construction of drainage systems especial along the roads around new market.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Dede1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2012
iiiyyyk:

im from imo state, the road to my village that was awarded during udenwna's administration(1999-2007 ) and was not constructed,

again awarded by Ohakim 2007-20011) was not contructed, all we saw was bill board.

but as i am talking to you now it is 9o% completed yet he is not up to 1 yr in office. this is just one example.

Rochas might not be perfect, but he is doing well so far.

dede1 u either do not know the meaning of privatization or you are just trying to be mischievous

You could be right on both counts but I know below cannotations.

Privatization is the incidence or process of transferring ownership of a business enterprise, agency, public service or property from the public sector (the state or government) to the private sector (businesses that operate for a private profit) or to private non-profit organizations.

Also services formerly provided by government may be contracted out to private entities.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Sagamite(m): 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
I don't know anything about Okorocha or what he is doing but my gut feeling tells me he has good intentions especially considering his popularity in the elections.

But based on the 2 points in this thread, I have a feeling he is not that competent. He is probably one of those typical one-man business owners without knowledge and track record of strategic thinking or best practice application. Such people just throw money at the first good thing that comes to their mind.

In my opinion, I don't see the sense in dishing our N100K to every Tom, Obinna and Nwachukwu when you can invest the same money in upgrading the infrastructure of the university and tell them to go for free. Does the university even have sufficient and quality hostels? Does it have 24 hours light? Does it have enough classrooms? Does it have a top library, maybe an online one? etc why not invest the money on such project directly and make it an institution worth going to.

Then the one of suspending pay of people you suspect of doing wrong in public service is just laughable. It demonstrates the mentality of the average Nigerian in Nigeria is major league fcked! In my world, they will be filmed by state TV handcuffed and carried by policemen one by one without their legs touching the floor from their offices to a Black Maria van.

Okorocha, good intentions, limited competence!
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

I hope its not just the usual[b][size=13pt] tarr and go roads[/size][/b] that he is building. This one its taking him 4 months to finish. undecided

Oh, I am so stealing that.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by chuxyn: 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2012
this guy should get out of that biafran party and start thinking of how to take the whole country to the promise land, he has a good heart and can deliver on good governance
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by OmoTier1(m): 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2012
I really hope and pray Gov. Okorocha suceeds with the so many good plans He has for the people of Imo State. He may not be a saint (though one wish He is one), but if He goes ahead to do 60% of what He has pronounced to the people of Imo State, lives currently occupying that axis of Nigeria would have it for the better!
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by ak47mann(m): 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2012
chuxyn:

this guy should get out of that biafran party and start thinking of how to take the whole country to the promise land, he has a good heart and can deliver on good governance
so which party is credible in Nigeria can you name one?
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by iiiyyyk(m): 8:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
Sagamite:

I don't know anything about Okorocha or what he is doing but my gut feeling tells me he has good intentions especially considering his popularity in the elections.

But based on the 2 points in this thread, I have a feeling he is not that competent. He is probably one of those typical one-man business owners without knowledge and track record of strategic thinking or best practice application. Such people just throw money at the first good thing that comes to their mind.

In my opinion, I don't see the sense in dishing our N100K to every Tom, Obinna and Nwachukwu when you can invest the same money in upgrading the infrastructure of the university and tell them to go for free. Does the university even have sufficient and quality hostels? Does it have 24 hours light? Does it have enough classrooms? Does it have a top library, maybe an online one? etc why not invest the money on such project directly and make it an institution worth going to.

Then the one of suspending pay of people you suspect of doing wrong in public service is just laughable. It demonstrates the mentality of the average Nigerian in Nigeria is major league fcked! In my world, they will be filmed by state TV handcuffed and carried by policemen one by one without their legs touching the floor from their offices to a Black Maria van.

Okorocha, good intentions, limited competence!

since ur world is UK,
in uk student go to university free then pay after graduating n geting a job.
it is the same thing that rochas is doing. 70k for each students training and 30k as allowance.
which amount to just 400k for a 4 yr programe for each student. which the student will pay back in future.

secondly do not expect us to solve Nigeria problems with British tools. for chirst sake this two societies are world apart. what works in britain will not work in nigeria. it is this copy and past mentality that has kept nigeria where it is today.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Sagamite(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2012
iiiyyyk:

since ur world is UK,
in uk student go to university free then pay after graduating n geting a job.
it is the same thing that rochas is doing. 70k for each students training and 30k as allowance.
which amount to just 400k for a 4 yr programe for each student. which the student will pay back in future.

secondly do not expect us to solve Nigeria problems with British tools. for chirst sake this two societies are world apart. what works in britain will not work in nigeria. it is this copy and past mentality that has kept nigeria where it is today.

What a silly statement.

Does Nigeria, talkless of Imo State, have the processes and data to track those they give loans and compel them to repay?

Secondly, are the institutions they are sending these kids as equipped as the UK ones to make the investment worth it?

Thirdly, you now used a statement that you should have employed to correct yourself and not make such silly analogies: "what works in britain will not work in nigeria"?

What has kept Nigeria where it is is having people with low thinking faculties running things.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PVC Racketeering: INEC Vows To Punish Culprits / LASG: Only 600,000 Lagos Residents Pay Tax Out Of 22m Population / Court Rule On El-Zakzaky’s Application For Medical Treatment, August 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.