Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! (8509 Views)

Gov. Wike Suspends Commissioner Of Works / Governor Rochas Okorocha Suspends 8 Government Officials For Corrupt Practices / Okorocha Suspends 4 Traditional Rulers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by iykak47: 11:02am On Feb 16, 2012
What do we really want from our government? must we criticize even when it's unnecessary.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Ninapha(f): 11:04am On Feb 16, 2012
anuforoudo:

I am from Ngor-Okpala, Imo state. This governor you talking about is a man loved by all. His mandate was the decision of the people. A man of vision is a man of mission. Rochas has a high target in future so he is taking his time to improve on his score card.

Rochas was loved by everyone including me.  Now if indeed u are form Imo, what wd u consider as Rochas Agenda for Imo people.  Free Education u would say and what?  Already there is free education to JSS3 so he is only taking up SS1-3 withoutout the Waec fee.  Fair i must say, I paid WAEC fee recently and i think Imo state pays higher than any other state with all the security fee this and that.

Roads:  He has started some roads but my dear, wait, we know how they begin, let him complete them before posting himself on mercury.

Now do you know any civil servant in Imo state, call him to tell you if he is still in love with Rochas, Retirees and all the lots.  He talks too much.

His 100, 000 to Imo students studing in Imo state institutions, how fair do u think he is?  What of those in FUTO, ALVAN, POLYNEK that are federal schools,  What of other Imoites schooling in other states, he is sure brewing trouble.

Wdn't it have been better to sort out unemployment in Imo state.  An average Imoite is a potential undergraduate and afterwards a potential keke driver.

What infrastructures are available in the schools.  Whatever project he brings out to u guys is to increase his pocket. I am sure of this.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by dozai: 11:17am On Feb 16, 2012
Till today, There are still some states that giver bursaries to their students. Though my state never gave us any, but students from some states still collect theirs. So why the fuss if the man wants to start paying bursaries to Imo state students. Which one do ppl prefer, to stack the cash inside his account in europe or use it to buy private jet? mmmmmtcew. If u are from Imo state, i know u will be praying for it to be real.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by bros856: 11:19am On Feb 16, 2012
Governor Okorocha is an adminstrator with good wills. May GOD almighty forgive anybody that will write any bad  comment about him on this page. This is a man that has recognised the poor student whom their parent will never produce 100k to support their Education. Okorocha GOD bless with your hand work. Please continue with your show man attitude if that is what they call it because the show touches the life of the poor. The rich guys are angry with the show man, shame on you people. No more business. Commissioners make una wake up oooooh, otherwise my man go jail una ooooh.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by stormm: 11:21am On Feb 16, 2012
kingsots:

If you dont know how a system works why not shut ur mouth. The state and local govt have a joint account. It was merged together during the OBJ regime and has reamined like that. That is how most govs and their comm. for finance eat up the local govt allocation, the local govt is just given what it can use to take care of the workers salary.

So many ex-govs are on trial today because of the banana peep called state/local govt joint account. States must make available to the LGs their share of  revenue accruing from the federation account and not  help them spend it. So your goc has stepped on the infamous  banana peel, when EFCC drags him to court, do start crying oooo.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by dozai: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2012
Ninapha:

Rochas was loved by everyone including me.  Now if indeed u are form Imo, what wd u consider as Rochas Agenda for Imo people.  Free Education u would say and what?  Already there is free education to JSS3 so he is only taking up SS1-3 withoutout the Waec fee.  Fair i must say, I paid WAEC fee recently and i think Imo state pays higher than any other state with all the security fee this and that.

Roads:  He has started some roads but my dear, wait, we know how they begin, let him complete them before posting himself on mercury.

Now do you know any civil servant in Imo state, call him to tell you if he is still in love with Rochas, Retirees and all the lots.  He talks too much.

His 100, 000 to Imo students studing in Imo state institutions, how fair do u think he is?  What of those in FUTO, ALVAN, POLYNEK that are federal schools,  What of other Imoites schooling in other states, he is sure brewing trouble.

Wdn't it have been better to sort out unemployment in Imo state.  An average Imoite is a potential undergraduate and afterwards a potential keke driver.

What infrastructures are available in the schools.  Whatever project he brings out to u guys is to increase his pocket. I am sure of this.
My broda, the problem with u guys is that u are very lazy, always looking for easy and free money. Why is it like that. Always looking for appointments where u will sit down with a long tie to collect bribe and free money.
Look the greatest thing any man can give u is education. An educated mind can break into anywhere. Let this kind of thing be done to Anambrarians i tell u that Gov will be given the seat for life.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Revolutnz: 11:28am On Feb 16, 2012
@Ninapha

You've raised some valid points there but I don't think he's doing it for his pocket.Maybe for his political CV which is not a bad thing.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Koolking(m): 11:53am On Feb 16, 2012
ifyalways:

Suspended to be paid at a later date,when they pay the workers perhaps or suspended indefinitely?

100,000 to university students for what?Is there any criteria for qualifying or just being an undergraduate makes you eligible?
Imo state get money ooh,so much freebies these days.

"University student of Imo state, each will get 100,000 per school year, out of which 70,000 will be the bursary for the school fee and 30,000 as loan/grant from the state.

After graduation and the graduate start working, only once he/she start working, then the graduate can pay the 30,000 grant to Imo state coffers, if he can only remember what help he received".
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by BashMe1(m): 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2012
Some N'landers, they just do not appreciate good things. It is the same you that wud complain that some governors somewhere are not doing anyfin and then the ones that r at least trying their best to put things right which is obvious readily, you wont allow them bur criticise instead. I tire O! No be Uduaghan, Amaechi, and couple of others be dat, wetin dem do? Shioooo, Oshi niile kpako.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Ninapha(f): 12:09pm On Feb 16, 2012
dozai:

My broda, the problem with u guys is that u are very lazy, always looking for easy and free money. Why is it like that. Always looking for appointments where u will sit down with a long tie to collect bribe and free money.
Look the greatest thing any man can give u is education. An educated mind can break into anywhere. Let this kind of thing be done to Anambrarians i tell u that Gov will be given the seat for life.

What do u know about Imo people to call us lazy people.  Even if the free education is given to Msc level, i am sure less than 30% of Anamberians wd go for it because education is meant for women in your state while university of main market is for men.  What do u know about education?
the problem of Imo state is Employment and that is not about employing them even in the civil service but creating the environment.  Go to Naze Junction, u wd see an abandoned SME site, whats his plan in completing such wonderful project Can u beat Aba for Ariria Market, why wd every imoite go to lagos, Rivers, Abuja to look for work.  Do u remember when all the Akpans were cooks and maids untill Gov.Duke came on board, that's a man who is ready to transform his state.  Today Cross River is generating employment through their  tourism industries.  

Soon u wd hear Rochas building waterfall as a project, u will read it here too.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by kooto(m): 12:11pm On Feb 16, 2012
I think he is doing something  that will help the state in future, though everyone have his/her own style of doing things. but i know he has good intentions.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by ayojosh2k(m): 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2012
sad sad sad sad sad sad sadHumm, smiley
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Sagamite(m): 12:17pm On Feb 16, 2012
ifyalways:

Suspended to be paid at a later date,when they pay the workers perhaps or suspended indefinitely?

100,000 to university students for what?Is there any criteria for qualifying or just being an undergraduate makes you eligible?
Imo state get money ooh,so much freebies these days.

Thank you.

N100K for what? Is the school itself equipped enough to a high standard that you have N100K to dish out to students?

He suspended their pay because of sharp practices of interest? Why not sack them, arrest them and get them prosecuted?
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by govano(m): 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2012
Rochas has never left any one in doubt about his genuene intentions to better the history of Imo state. He doesn't play politics with what pronounces and he may not be a saint after all. as some said that he is doing it for the purpose of future election, is not better to have a better records now than to lie when that time comes? pls. support him to give us more free beess.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Bawss1(m): 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
Sagamite:

Thank you.

N100K for what? Is the school itself equipped enough to a high standard that you have N100K to dish out to students?

He suspended their pay because of sharp practices of interest? Why not sack them, arrest them and get them prosecuted?

Good point. That would have passed across the message better but  I guess it doesn't sit well with his Santa Claus style of governance.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by PointB: 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2012
I prefer an innovative governor who makes a few mistakes rather than clueless governors with little or no initiative to their credit.

Carry on Rochas!
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by friedrice1: 1:03pm On Feb 16, 2012
i didnt know John Okafor is the commissioner?

Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Onyenna(m): 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2012
Rochas is doing his best  and the good people of imo state love him for that, I ain't saying he is a saint, When a politician steals money, everyone will complain, But when he decides to spend it on his people, ufodu ndi a boghasiwa onu,   I am from imo state and i have to say the rate at which roads are being constructed is really something  to write home about,  If all the Embezzled kudi,nku,owo,ego was used for scholarships on  nigerian students, provision of good health care  and roads, we wouldn't have been at this stage,
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by executinal(m): 1:27pm On Feb 16, 2012
Rochas carry on. haters manage next wet transformer cool
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by niddamugu(m): 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2012
Good job sir. Things must not continue like this. With this example, others with similar intentions would reconsider.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Dede1(m): 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2012
Imo State has a magician for governor. I thought the two officials should be fired if Okorocha does not know or not in cohort with the pair in tampering with the local government funds. This is reason the LGAs are appealing to the federal government to remit local government allocation directly to LGA instead of going through state government.

The disingenuous crap of salary suspension from Okorocha is hogwash. It is unfortunate our society is filled to the brink with airheads who have not even tried to inquire the manner of government from their respective LGA council seats of government.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by houvest: 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2012
So Imo State can actually rise from being the land of hope to the Heartland State? Shame on ex- Imo Governors.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Willy7(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2012
Na wa o,Nigerians hv bcom so engrossed and use to deprivement and enslavement,to d extent that any goodwill from govt now looks strange and tagged with ulterior motive.So many saddist and ungrateful beings,God help us all.Smh
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by TEEGBE: 2:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
THIS MAN BETTER PASS FASHOLA[b][/b] grin
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by sweeteasy(m): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2012
Good move Okorocha wink
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Mcdondayan: 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2012
May God deliver "God's own state" from the cursed ORJI'S in Abia state, and free us frm d bondage of 'papa decieve pikin (a.k.a. P.D.P). So that they can perform lyk dre counterparts
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2012
dozai:

Till today, There are still some states that giver bursaries to their students. Though my state never gave us any, but students from some states still collect theirs. So why the fuss if the man wants to start paying bursaries to Imo state students. Which one do ppl prefer, to stack the cash inside his account in europe or use it to buy private jet? mmmmmtcew. If u are from Imo state, i know u will be praying for it to be real.

Name one of the states. Just one!
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Kachinom(f): 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2012
@ninapha mayb u r in one of dese federal universities, it is nt d state govt responsibilities 2 tk up any federals' afterall d fees paid in federal institutions r cheaper compare 2 states, nd d federal schs r really enjoyin d federal dividens dan we in d state, so federal govt shld gv u pple schorlarship as "indigenes of nigeria", if it is nt ok wt u, u can as well transfer 2 imsu or imopoly 2 enjoy d free education as well, don't think am goin 2 benefit 4rm dis scholarship b'c am already a graduate 4rm imsu 4 2yrs nw, bt we'v been suffering allow us 2 enjoy govt money 4 a while b4 anoda govt steps in and 4 all U ENEMIES OF PROGRESS if d govt is bad u wil complain, good d same thing haba enwere ihe e mere meta unu, i wonder when u pple enter dat seat una go do worse dan ohakim, dnt u tink we shld enjoy d states money or do u prefer d govt 2 pack d money, no development, money we no see; we no chop
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Kachinom(f): 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2012
@ninapha mayb u r in one of dese federal universities, it is nt d state govt responsibilities 2 tk up any federals' afterall d fees paid in federal institutions r cheaper compare 2 states, nd d federal schs r really enjoyin d federal dividens dan we in d state, so federal govt shld gv u pple schorlarship as "indigenes of nigeria", if it is nt ok wt u, u can as well transfer 2 imsu or imopoly 2 enjoy d free education as well, don't think am goin 2 benefit 4rm dis scholarship b'c am already a graduate 4rm imsu 4 2yrs nw, bt we'v been suffering allow us 2 enjoy govt money 4 a while b4 anoda govt steps in and 4 all U ENEMIES OF PROGRESS if d govt is bad u wil complain, good d same thing haba enwere ihe e mere meta unu, i wonder when u pple enter dat seat una go do worse dan ohakim, dnt u tink we shld enjoy d states money or do u prefer d govt 2 pack d money, no development, money we no see; we no chop
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by dozai: 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2012
Ninapha:

What do u know about Imo people to call us lazy people.  Even if the free education is given to Msc level, i am sure less than 30% of Anamberians wd go for it because education is meant for women in your state while university of main market is for men.  What do u know about education?
the problem of Imo state is Employment and that is not about employing them even in the civil service but creating the environment.  Go to Naze Junction, u wd see an abandoned SME site, whats his plan in completing such wonderful project Can u beat Aba for Ariria Market, why wd every imoite go to lagos, Rivers, Abuja to look for work.  Do u remember when all the Akpans were cooks and maids untill Gov.Duke came on board, that's a man who is ready to transform his state.  Today Cross River is generating employment through their  tourism industries.  

Soon u wd hear Rochas building waterfall as a project, u will read it here too.
Yes 30% will go for it because we believe in self empowerment. What stops ur kinsmen from getting the education first. Later find a way to empower themselves with the internal ingenuity. No u want finished food. I know a lot about ur ppl cos i schooled there. The only guys i respect from ur place are the mbaise's. Go and inform ur ppl that they have to start empowering themselves. After all there is no state in the SE that have government industries. The greats from Anambra went to Main Market Uni like u said but right now they are employers of labour. Innosons, Ibetos, Whiz oil. Many of them. Let ur ppl start same and not building Hotels everywhere in Owerri. mmmtcheeew
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by sale1: 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Odiaero, u re a fool for asking dat kind of stupid question. i think u should google it for a perfect ans, idiot.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Ninapha(f): 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2012
dozai:

Yes 30% will go for it because we believe in self empowerment. What stops ur kinsmen from getting the education first. Later find a way to empower themselves with the internal ingenuity. No u want finished food. I know a lot about ur ppl cos i schooled there. The only guys i respect from ur place are the mbaise's. Go and inform ur ppl that they have to start empowering themselves. After all there is no state in the SE that have government industries. The greats from Anambra went to Main Market Uni like u said but right now they are employers of labour. Innosons, Ibetos, Whiz oil. Many of them. Let ur ppl start same and not building Hotels everywhere in Owerri. mmmtcheeew

So why then were u asking for free education when u know u state have no need for it.  In what way do u respect an Mbaise man pls? U are free to ur opinion anyway Thank God u said they shd stop building hotels.  I am hopeful you can also attest that an average imoite wd do even menial jobs to go to school and after that what next keke driver or going outside the state to look for job.  U see the problem of Imo state is not free education because they already have bases for it but how to pilot the affairs of the state to tackle unemployment. If u know Imo state very well, u must have hard about all the abandoned project that could generate employment- Adapalm, Avu/Obowo poultry,  SME site at Naze, ITC.  I will not see good and say its bad, He is better than ohakim and may have good intentions but first he has to look into the problem of his people and not just doing one million things at a time.  As for ur people, I dont envy them, I live in onitsha and i know how far una de make am.

For us Imoites we wd continue to ask for employment till it is settled.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno Journalists Donates Trailer Of Cement To The State (photos) / Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed / Osun Government Sensitises Herders On Anti-Open Grazing Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.