Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG (8641 Views)

Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX / Drop Your Tribute To Goodluck Jonathan / Drop Your Tribute For Tata Madiba Nelson Mandela. The Great African Icon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by adino(m): 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2012
With the actions of this eternal hero, I will forever be proud of the Nigerian Police. No matter their deficiencies they still keep the country protected. He died for others to live and paid the supreme sacrifice.

Sgt Badang is a member of the special police anti-bomb unit and with the confidence he exhibited it is obvious he has been detonating bombs before this unfortunate incident. Nigerian Police are the only ones in the world that diffuse IED's with their bare hands(the most dangerous act on earth) despite their inadequacies but, they still do it just to protect their fellow countrymen and women. For all the fooolish peeps out here, you will notice pics of policemen detonating bombs with just hand gloves in Kano after boko haram kano attacks(NPF diffused more than 1000 bombs in kano alone without any special kit).
That bomb was detonated by someone watching from the crowd with either a Gsm phone or a bomb detonating device.

SERGENT SUNDAY BADANG
YOU DIED FOR NIGERIA !
YOU DIED FOR PEACE!
YOU DIED FOR HUMANITY!
YOUR DEATH IS A VICTORY OVER bokoharam!
WE (TRUE NIGERIANS) WILL ALWAYS LOVE, REMEMBER AND PRAY FOR YOU!

The Nigerian government must immortalise this man and take care of his entire family, as for me for the rest of my life i will personally watch out for any "Badang" and do to them any good favour I can ever afford with the hope that he or she is related to this great man SERGENT SUNDAY BADANG.
Almighty God,In Your Infinite Love and Goodness receive SERGENT SUNDAY BADANG in your bosom and grant him eternal heritage in your kingdom in The Mighty Name Of Jesus, AMEN!.

SERGENT SUNDAY BADANG A GREAT MAN AND ONE OF THE GREATEST EVER OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE.
100 GUN SALUTES.

Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by midway: 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2012
rip!
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by jamace(m): 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2012
Adieu, my gallant one. May your soul rest in perfect peace. cry cry
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by babsjnr(m): 5:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
R.I.p brave one
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Arosa(m): 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2012
RIP, may you not be a Nigerian police in your next life. cry cry cry
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by jpilata(m): 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2012
So Nigeria has such a brave police man.He has left behind a great legacy ,precedent.He was such an hero.May his soul rest in peace.May you have a place in heaven.A great martyr.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2012
When you have a second chance in reincarnation, learn to use your head. Let the dead bury their own!
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by NaMe4: 6:37pm On Feb 16, 2012
Indeed, You were a brave Patriot (a thing many Nigerians would not even imagine)

1 Like

Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2012
fool·har·dy (flhärd)
adj. fool·har·di·er, fool·har·di·est
Unwisely bold or venturesome; rash. See Synonyms at reckless.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by jmaine: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
 [size=14pt]Adieu to the great patriot . . . .Your never deserved to die in such gruesome manner . . .[/size]
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Afam4eva(m): 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2012
Pay tribute to someone who commited suicide? Are you kidding me. Anyway RIP.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
RIP sir
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by VoodooDoll(m): 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2012
RIP. Another Nigerian failed by the Nigerian state. God keep his family in this trying time.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by ACM10: 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2012
What of the peaceful Nigerians that were shot during the protests?

I wont pay tribute to anyone that dies for Nigeria
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Feb 16, 2012
ACM10:

[size=13pt]What of the peaceful Nigerians that were shot during the protests?
[/size]
I wont pay tribute to anyone that dies for Nigeria

Now those are people you consider died for the Nigerian cause . . . not this policeman, who refused to obey common sense laws about staying away from what you are not equipped to handle as a human being.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by ochukoccna: 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2012
Now those are people you consider died for the Nigerian cause . . . not this policeman, who refused to obey common sense laws about staying away from what you are not equipped to handle as a human being.
+1000

Sunday Badung died a fool's death
I know that's hard to say but that's the truth cool cool cool cool cool
How can you handle an explosive device with your bare hands? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Dumb and dumber undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by nex(m): 2:57am On Feb 17, 2012
Sergeant Bad Dung was as incompetent as these Policemen come. I'm not glad he died, but what he did was very foolish and careless, and would have even claimed more lives. Paying tribute to him will only encourage more policemen who have no clue what they are doing to go tampering with bombs till they kill us all!
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by ranlaen: 3:09am On Feb 17, 2012
r.i.p
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Ibangap(m): 3:30am On Feb 17, 2012
R.I.P. Gallant one, u'll 4ever be remembered.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by DuduNegro: 3:52am On Feb 17, 2012
With the actions of this eternal hero, I will forever be proud of the Nigerian Police. No matter their deficiencies they still keep the country protected. He died for others to live and paid the supreme sacrifice.

This particular eulogy is reserved for those who knowingly step in to the path of death so someone else will not die. If this Sgt knew he would be blown apart, trust me he would be far away from that package. The circumstance of his death cannot be described as "died for others to live". Sgt Badang, like others, wants to live too. . . . not die so others can live! His death was an accident and not by act gallantry and heroism, so please stop the sensational writing.

Sgt Badang is a member of the special police anti-bomb unit and with the confidence he exhibited it is obvious he has been detonating bombs before this unfortunate incident.

. . . Did you watch the video? Did you notice that there were military issue core rubber boots on his feet as he approached the package? Did you not see what happened to one of the feet. . . .and that this hardened boot was melted? Did you notice also that the organs in his body were shredded and spewed all over? You offend his deceased body and spirit when you attribute such level of stupidity to him during his life and duties. Bomb is a device for mass killing and demolition. . . . . and you say he has been handling that device before this sad episode. If that device goes off inside a metallic car. . . . it shreds the metal and the steel into pieces. . . much more a human flesh made of soft tissues.

Nigerian Police are the only ones in the world that diffuse IED's with their bare hands(the most dangerous act on earth) despite their inadequacies but, they still do it just to protect their fellow countrymen and women

I came in here to pay respect to thsi dead innocent man. . . . . but I think I should exit this post. You are stupid for thinking difuusing bomb with bare hands is a flatter!!

. For all the fooolish peeps out here, you will notice pics of policemen detonating bombs with just hand gloves in Kano after boko haram kano attacks(NPF diffused more than 1000 bombs in kano alone without any special kit).
That bomb was detonated by someone watching from the crowd with either a Gsm phone or a bomb detonating device.

SERGENT SUNDAY BADANG
YOU DIED FOR NIGERIA !
YOU DIED FOR PEACE!
YOU DIED FOR HUMANITY!
YOUR DEATH IS A VICTORY OVER bokoharam!
WE (TRUE NIGERIANS) WILL ALWAYS LOVE, REMEMBER AND PRAY FOR YOU!
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2012
I will ignore the entire evils perpetrated by the NPF and Badung's careless actions.

You were a true and brave hero. Unfortunately, all heroes are dead and you have joined them. Rest in peace. You gave your life to save others. Even some see Jesus' actions as foolish but God knows best.

RIP.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Gbawe: 10:06am On Feb 17, 2012
nex:

Sergeant Bad Dung was as incompetent as these Policemen come. I'm not glad he died, but what he did was very foolish and careless, and would have even claimed more lives. Paying tribute to him will only encourage more policemen who have no clue what they are doing to go tampering with bombs till they kill us all!

Thank you. Not a single Nigerian, except terrorists, will be happy this man died. Ultimately, we wish him RIP but should all accept ,as adults of sound mind, that his unthinkably reckless, unprofessional and rash action led to his needless death . 

Nothing at all heroic in what he did and Nigerians only look foolish to the world celebrating his action as such. Badung's crass recklessness, that goes against even the most basic of training, should not be commended as heroism.

This is another example of how 'different' we Nigerians are to others. Our leaders no longer know or feel shame, mediocrities are given the most important jobs in the land, cronyism and nepotism is killing us, crooks are deified while Nigerians themselves , even with the most simple of examples , cannot tell right from wrong !!! Why not just start an RIP thread, without all the drivel about heroism, and leave it at that? Everything about Nigeria now reeks of the celebration of mediocrity in all facet of our national life. Very sad.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by ACM10: 10:23am On Feb 17, 2012
Gbawe:

unthinkably reckless, unprofessional and rash action led to his needless death . 

@Bolded

Nigeria's police actions has historically been rash.

Their modus operandi is to take(rash) action, then think about its consequence(s) later.

Be it murdering innocent Nigerians, shooting peaceful protesters, extrajudicial murder of Nigerians in their custody etc

To bad that the consequence of his rash action is spontaneous; no time left to ponder on the consequence(s) of his action
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by jamace(m): 10:30am On Feb 17, 2012

Thank you. Not a single Nigerian, except terrorists, will be happy this man died. Ultimately, we wish him RIP but should all accept ,as adults of sound mind, that his unthinkably reckless, unprofessional and rash action led to his needless death .  

Nothing at all heroic in what he did and Nigerians only look foolish to the world celebrating his action as such. Badung's crass recklessness, that goes against even the most basic of training, should not be commended as heroism.

This is another example of how 'different' we Nigerians are to others. Our leaders no longer know or feel shame, mediocrities are given the most important jobs in the land, cronyism and nepotism is killing us, crooks are deified while Nigerians themselves , even with the most simple of examples , cannot tell right from wrong !!! Why not just start an RIP thread, without all the drivel about heroism, and leave it at that? Everything about Nigeria now reeks of the celebration of mediocrity in all facet of our national life. Very sad.

These comments are not realistic about the plight of Sgt Badung and  the Nigerian security forces in general. Our security forces have been working  without the equipment for the safety of you and I.

I will urge above posters to leave their books and have a feel of the realities on ground.

Adieu, Sgt Badung.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by ACM10: 10:47am On Feb 17, 2012
jamace:

These comments are not realistic about the plight of Sgt Badung and  the Nigerian security forces in general. Our security forces have been working  without the equipment for the safety of you and I.

I will urge above posters to leave their books and have a feel of the realities on ground.

Adieu, Sgt Badung.

and whose fault is it?
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Tyche(m): 11:29am On Feb 17, 2012
I wish his family all the strength and help they need along the way.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by FXKing2012(m): 11:54am On Feb 17, 2012
This is the kind of police man who gives the force a good name, unfortunately such as him are extremely rare. Policemen keep collecting bribes at checkpoints and even sometimes kill those who refuse to pay them - what a shame!
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by eghost247(m): 11:55am On Feb 17, 2012
Tyche:

I wish his family all the strength and help they need along the way.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by 2goodbobo(m): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2012
For those of you criticising his action that led to his death, imagine if that bomb had killed many people? He saved the lives of many.how many of you out there have the nerves to even go close to a bomb even when you are well equiped? May God grant you eternal bliss Bandang
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2012
I watch the video and i think he could have handled the situation better, but can you blame him. a bomb expert without the necessary equipment to work with, another victim of Nigeria's rotteness. May your soul rest in peace.
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by splashbaby(m): 12:04pm On Feb 17, 2012
You were indeed a gallant officer, I watched your strides towards the bomb it was with a pride, glorious and devour of any sign of fear. You looked back only once as approached the device of death, your mission was prevent the death of people you don't know or loved. The aftermath of your action was scary though but you made a bold statement that you can lay your life down for others to live, your
bravery was exemplary Adieu Sunday may your soul find peace, Amen
Re: PAY YOUR TRIBUTE TO SERGENT SUNDAY BADUNG by valicious1(m): 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2012
if  only other cops can be like him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olawepo Hashim Leads Oby Ezekwesili On Her Group Presidential Poll / Older Politicians Should Vacate Scene For Younger Nigerians – Attah / Ozekhome Kidnap: Abductors Insist On N100m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.