Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint (5299 Views)

I Saw Policemen Kill My Dad – Six-year-old Girl / Policemen Kill 2 NSCDC Officers In Lagos / PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by ps5(m): 7:44am On Feb 17, 2012
Three policemen attached to the Igando Police Division, allegedly killed two drivers at a road block for refusing to give them a bribe in the early hours of Wednesday.

The development came less than a week after the Acting Inspector General of Police, Mr. Muhammed Abubakar, ordered that no policeman should mount any roadblock again.

It was learnt that after killing the drivers who were staff of Multiple Covenant Investment Limited, the policemen labeled them robbers.

It was gathered that the victims were on their way to work on a motorcycle and were flagged down by the policemen who demanded money from them but they refused to part with any money.

It was learnt that they were about to speed off, when one of the policemen was said to have opened fire. The bullet perforated the back of the man on the passenger seat and burst out from his front and entered the back of the man who was riding the motorbike.

The victim on the passenger seat was said to have died instantly, while the rider was still alive.

According to reports, in a bid to cover up their crime, the policemen took the corpse and the other victim, who was seriously injured, to their station where they were labeled armed robbers.

http://www.punchng.com/news/policemen-kill-two-drivers-at-illegal-checkpoint/
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by ASOROCKb(m): 10:44am On Feb 17, 2012
God, time to destroy this evil country nah
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by eghost247(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2012
npf
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by chuks49(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2012
Uniformed armed robbers.
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by ebube7(m): 11:30am On Feb 17, 2012
That very police man should be punished according to law; he must not go Scot- free.
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by Okijajuju1(m): 11:37am On Feb 17, 2012
Sweeeet!!

IG, time to act. . .
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by JUO(m): 11:46am On Feb 17, 2012
Lord have mercy
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2012
angry  angry  angry angrySeriously, I hate these guys, I really - hate these guys

Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by sunkoye: 11:59am On Feb 17, 2012
these guyz are crime addicts, their bosses/supervisors should also be dismissed too!
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by fm7070: 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2012
come to think of it, why were they trying to speed off. we all know that criminals use motorbikes for robbery these days. they should have waited and stood their ground with the police.
on the path of the police, there are better ways of arresting criminals without killing them. the legs are there to shoot.
God will help all of us in this country.
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by expert555: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2012
@fm7070

They often does without incidents this time the policemen probably was on drugs something.
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by phreakabit(m): 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2012
[size=18pt]The solution to this mess is an eye for an eye. I have said it b4 and I will say it again. Kill any policeman in sight, and torch their stations whenever they do this.[/size]
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by chreldb(m): 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
I got this broadcast on BBM yesterday. However skeptical or cynical you may be about it in my opinion its worth a try and is a welcome development. Read.

"IGP has ordered the dismantle of all road blocks.

Please if you see these men on the street in your area, do not act as if it is not you business. Take your phone, snap a picture of them from far away and send it to publisher@ngmix.net

The IGP has done his own part, do not think that the man can see the entire country from his desk. It is up to the rest of us to play our part and help this nation.

You can have my word on this, I promise you that we will publish the picture when you send it and we will also contact the IGP to report the situation. Do not forget to send the location because that will be his first question.

Do not leave it to the next guy, play your part today and make Nigeria a better country. Send all pictures to publisher@ngmix.net"
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by Ninapha(f): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
Father lord, these people are already in black cloth, send blindness unto them for the security of your people. Amen.
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by niddamugu(m): 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2012
See what we have said on NL? This is not a case of "uniform" but a case of "mindset". IGP sir, give them a "Sparkling white" uniform and you don't change their character/orientation, then you have succeeded in contributing your own quota of "wasteful spending". These men MUST be brought to book, starting from the area commander if he cannot produce the policemen that perpetrated this heinous crime.
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by sucnif(m): 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2012
The New IGP number.
The numbers are 08077446699 or 08102555581.
Send sms for prompt disciplinary action against erring officers but please be wise, don’t be a fallen ‘hero’
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2012
Police are getting desperate, the high fuel prices and economic situation in the country must mean that motorist are simply unable to pay the bribes that the police use to supplement their meagre incomes.

Very very sad situation in Nigeria.

Motorist be careful, these police are hungry men with guns. sad
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by niddamugu(m): 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
sucnif:

The New IGP number.
The numbers are 08077446699 or 08102555581.
Send sms for prompt disciplinary action against erring officers but please be wise, don’t be a fallen ‘hero’

can i hide my number when sending SMS? Why not call? At least that way i can hide my identity. C'mon guy, we are not matured for this yet. The only way this can work is that you must first be a public figure by seeking public attention. That way you can secure yourself from being "solemnly silenced".
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by bigsean(m): 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2012
chreld_b:

I got this broadcast on BBM yesterday. However skeptical or cynical you may be about it in my opinion its worth a try and is a welcome development. Read.

"IGP has ordered the dismantle of all road blocks.

Please if you see these men on the street in your area, do not act as if it is not you business. Take your phone, snap a picture of them from far away and send it to publisher@ngmix.net

The IGP has done his own part, do not think that the man can see the entire country from his desk. It is up to the rest of us to play our part and help this nation.

You can have my word on this, I promise you that we will publish the picture when you send it and we will also contact the IGP to report the situation. Do not forget to send the location because that will be his first question.

Do not leave it to the next guy, play your part today and make Nigeria a better country. Send all pictures to publisher@ngmix.net"

Nice idea, something has to be done, that's innocent human beings who have done nothing wrong in terms of mass embezzlement of funds dying for nothing. (or should i say died cos they are broke.)
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by executinal(m): 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2012
Just killy your fellow like chiken angry angry angry
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2012
Nemesis will soon catch on them angry
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by kehinde17(m): 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2012
God save us from this brutal,cllous,ambassador policemen,bcous they can kill bcous of N20
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by sammirano: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
ASOROCK b:

God, time to destroy this evil country nah

I believe you are also a part of the country.
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by Akan(m): 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2012
is the idea of taking away guns from our policemen that far fetched? seriously
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by andyanders: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2012
The best way now to handle policemen is to be poisoning them coolly. They love anything and to get rid of them is to play along and find somehow to poison them. Since their means is to kill with gun, the public should find means of eliminating them.

Since they talk of orderly room trial, nothing come out of it as the policeman will be dismissed from the force and his next point of work is to join Robbery. Any policeman dismissed from the police, will be employed by armed robbers. Why we have deadly robbers is as a result of those trained by the police and dismissed.
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2012
This is terrible news!!! The police men involved in these deaths should be beheaded with their families present :|
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by EngrB1: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2012
who are the robbers? it is the police or the men that when to work to take care of their family? God will see this people that called themselves police cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked sad sad
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2012
They should start conducting brain examination for police officers
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by kheart(m): 7:28pm On Feb 17, 2012
nawa for dis lagosians sef. if petty thieve steal 5 naira dey go born am alive bt i never hear am say dey beat murderers.
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by muyoto: 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
na wa O!
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by chelseabmw(m): 7:28am On Feb 18, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint by sylve11: 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2012
fm7070:

come to think of it, why were they trying to speed off. we all know that criminals use motorbikes for robbery these days. they should have waited and stood their ground with the police.
on the path of the police, there are better ways of arresting criminals without killing them. the legs are there to shoot.
God will help all of us in this country.

police relatives and their ways of thinking. . . ,

@ chelseabwm un aget luck today o cool cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Dumps APC, Declares Support For DPP / Fg’s Goal Is To Move Nigeria Into Top 100 On 2020 World Business Index, Says Vp / Kidnapping In Nigeria Rises By 169% In 2-Years - US Institute Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.