Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Should Wenger Be Sacked? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Should Wenger Be Sacked? (5447 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. / Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by EFCC1(m): 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
Arsene Wenger believes a top-four finish would be like winning a trophy this season after Arsenal's mid-season revival suffered two serious setbacks this week.
grin grin grin
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Exponental(m): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2012
Hahahahaha: rememberin ACMillan vs arsenal, my cousin was prayin 4 a consolation goal.

I tink arsenal is ok wit its status. Cos if it isnt ok, arsene wenger would av been flushed!
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by brosiye99(m): 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
Wenger's Phd in economics is showing. the board actually is enjoying the money he is making for them. its so annoying. i just wish there can be a hostile takeover from one of the boardmembers to assume majority shareholding. If only Usmanov can become majority shareholder, honestly the entire team wld change. Usmanov is the only one shouting that arsenal needs to invest more on players but the other board members no wan hear.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
These ungrateful Ass-a-nal fans know little or nothing about how the football business works. Arsene Wenger is a fantastic manager, and I would be grateful if he could move over to Chelsea - we would be winning the EPL and UCL season after season (chuckles).

I've heard the very silly arguments that Arsene's problem is that he doesn't like buying (expensive) players. Say what?! It's the BOARD/OWNER that buys players, not managers. Managers can only recommend. . .but when a manager says he wants to buy a player valued at for instance £25m, and the board says it can only provide £8m, wetin the manager go do? Abi una want make Arsene use im personal money go buy Messi for una? Awon elenu yimuyimu. I doubt that Arsene would reject the board's offer if they shell out £100m to buy the best players. No coach can tell the board that "make una no bother unasef, keep your money, no need to waste £35m on Wayne Rooney, I can make do with Nicholas Bentner". It's not his fucking money you numbskulls! Truth is, Arsene has been nothing short of a magician for consistently qualifying the club for the champions league every season - despite working with the mediocre and dirt-cheap players that the club likes to buy. I dare the noise-making Mourinho to go to Arsenal and work with the same players that Arsene Wnger has been making top 4 with; Mourinho would be struggling to avoid relegation I swear it.

A manager's job is like an architect's. He can't design a palace of gold when the house owner can only provide mud and bricks for the actual construction. The few sensible Arsenal fans would realise that the problem is with the board, not Arsene.

A more appropriate title for the thread is: Should Arsenal's Board be Sacked? You can go shopping for a new generous billionaire owner in Russia or the middle east; with the influx of cash to buy quality players, you would realise that Arsene Wenger is quite possibly the best manager in the world.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by otokx(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
not yet
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by yhemini: 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
brosiye99:

If wenger doesnt go, that club wld continue to go down. truth is as an arsenal fan, i pray we finish like 6th or 7th dis season so that useless board can act and remove him. the target the board gave him these years is to finish 4th and he has been achieving that target since. let us come 7th dis season and then positive stuff wld start to happen.

Well said bro, U nailed it!!
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by friedrice1: 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
Arsene's Arsenal , Any other thing would make the club lose fans
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by gempo(m): 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
Since arsenal moved to their new stadium, their finances has improved. They should stop complaining about finance. I don't doubt his capabilities at all. Just that he can't be competitive in today's premiership with his youngster policy. He along with the board needs to seriously rethink about their strategies and policies.
He was lucky he still had time to buy players after ManU thumped them 8 - 2 otherwise their situation would have been far worse.
He needs to start buying quality players from next season if he still intends to be at least in the top four of the premiership.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by UyiIredia(m): 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2012
Anyhow, Anyhow, yagha yagha na ! cool
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by rejoice3: 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
All these people making noise about sacking Arsene should get this straight: the guy is unsackable! Go to the Emirates stadium, you will see his statue/bust there. He's the most successful in the history of AFC - how d'you sack someone like that? While I don't always agree with him, I still think the guy is a top-top manager. He's kept Arsenal consistently challenging on a shoe string budget for years. People tend not to look at the bigger picture; if you know Arsene well, you will know that he's loyal (almost to the point of stupidity) to his players and board as well. I strongly believe that the board have told him about their limitations in the transfer market, and the fact that one big name must be sold every summer in order to balance the books - only Arsene can do this! Did you know that he was ready to keep Nasri for one more season and let him go for free next season? Obviously, the board weren't having any of that.
You will respect the guy a bit more if you follow this link: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html
Since 2006, Arsene has kept Arsenal challenging consistently without breaking the bank. Arsenal are bottom of the league table of net spenders - ask yourself, how does he do it?
It's a case of be careful what you wish for. Arsene will go one day, and the truth will be told afterwards. The problem of Arsenal Football club is the board, not Arsene, but he will never come out and say it. Arsene is not Rafa Benitez or Jose Mourinho; that's just not his style!
Again, ask yourself why the board pushed out David Dein and Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith? It's no coincidence that Arsenal's most successful years were when David Dein was the Vice Chairman. Why did they pitch their tents with the lackadaisical Kroenke instead of the enthusiastic Usmanov? Usmanov will spend big, I mean, the guy is richer than Abrahamovic, and he's desperate to take over. The board members can't stand Usmanov, because they feel that he will start taking all the plaudits when Arsenal start to win trophies.
Arsene spearheaded the move from the 38k capacity Highbury to over 60k capacity Emirates stadium. Match day income is now about £3.5m. Adebayor was bought for £7m and sold for £25; Fabregas was bought for £0.5m and sold for £35; Van Persie was bought for £2.75 and will be sold for around £25m in the summer; Nasri £12m to £25m; Alex Song was picked up for £1m; I can go on and on.
Now ask yourself, which board will sack such a manager?
If Arsene goes and the present board remain, Arsenal will struggle to remain in the top half of the table season in, season out!
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by daniela86: 12:52am On Feb 21, 2012
@ scopusng , God bless you. Only u make sense here.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by harryakon: 2:11am On Feb 21, 2012
Wenger shouldn't only be sacked, he should be murdered
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by virunga: 2:14am On Feb 21, 2012
No, I think by sacking Wenger will not solve The gunner problem. I believe Wenger already did the best for Arsenal.
The next candidate also not sure if they can perform better than Wenger, instead Wenger already know Arsenal better than any of them.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by iykak47: 3:34am On Feb 21, 2012
harryakon:

lets start from your old father,
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by youngboss1(m): 7:18am On Feb 21, 2012
He done dey overdue for that
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 21, 2012
!rejoice:

All these people making noise about sacking Arsene should get this straight: the guy is unsackable! Go to the Emirates stadium, you will see his statue/bust there. He's the most successful in the history of AFC - how d'you sack someone like that? While I don't always agree with him, I still think the guy is a top-top manager. He's kept Arsenal consistently challenging on a shoe string budget for years. People tend not to look at the bigger picture; if you know Arsene well, you will know that he's loyal (almost to the point of stupidity) to his players and board as well. I strongly believe that the board have told him about their limitations in the transfer market, and the fact that one big name must be sold every summer in order to balance the books - only Arsene can do this! Did you know that he was ready to keep Nasri for one more season and let him go for free next season? Obviously, the board weren't having any of that.
You will respect the guy a bit more if you follow this link: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html
Since 2006, Arsene has kept Arsenal challenging consistently without breaking the bank. Arsenal are bottom of the league table of net spenders - ask yourself, how does he do it?
It's a case of be careful what you wish for. Arsene will go one day, and the truth will be told afterwards. The problem of Arsenal Football club is the board, not Arsene, but he will never come out and say it. Arsene is not Rafa Benitez or Jose Mourinho; that's just not his style!
Again, ask yourself why the board pushed out David Dein and Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith? It's no coincidence that Arsenal's most successful years were when David Dein was the Vice Chairman. Why did they pitch their tents with the lackadaisical Kroenke instead of the enthusiastic Usmanov? Usmanov will spend big, I mean, the guy is richer than Abrahamovic, and he's desperate to take over. The board members can't stand Usmanov, because they feel that he will start taking all the plaudits when Arsenal start to win trophies.
Arsene spearheaded the move from the 38k capacity Highbury to over 60k capacity Emirates stadium. Match day income is now about £3.5m. Adebayor was bought for £7m and sold for £25; Fabregas was bought for £0.5m and sold for £35; Van Persie was bought for £2.75 and will be sold for around £25m in the summer; Nasri £12m to £25m; Alex Song was picked up for £1m; I can go on and on.
Now ask yourself, which board will sack such a manager?
If Arsene goes and the present board remain, Arsenal will struggle to remain in the top half of the table season in, season out!

Now here's a guy that knows his onions. That's exactly what I'm talking about. As a Chelsea faithful, I pray Usmanov never becomes the owner (majority shareholder) cos if that happens, the Oligarch is likely to 'open his wallets' in the style of my oga fAbramovich), and IF that happens, Arsene Wenger might very well turn the premier league into a one horse race! He's the best manager I know in contemporary football.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by harryakon: 9:21am On Feb 21, 2012
iykak47:

lets start from your old father,

@ iykak547
Oh so we'll now be equal abi? Pass
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by 989900: 9:59am On Feb 21, 2012
Just before you sack Wenger;

Who should replace him?

Is that Arsene replacement going to buy players from his own pocket?

Is the replacement going to effectively go with the club's self-sustaining model?
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by slodot2000: 10:10am On Feb 21, 2012
The Mumu guy should go, his time is up. Is he not tired of the old tactics season in season out. Qualifying for champions league is not an achievement?
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by bisiaet: 11:24am On Feb 21, 2012

There is no need to murder him or anyone just because of football. Football is just a game that is all

In my own view I think Wenger has overdue for that job he should by now by himself just hand off that is my opinion.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
Wenger is using extra time
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by JimmyBoy1: 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2012
Wenger is great.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by dj5naira(m): 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
He must not be sacked, he's too tall for a Bagco bag to fit in. Rather, he should be packaged, sealed and sold like Nasri.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Europa League: Manchester City Vs Sporting Lisbon (3 - 2) On March 15th 2012 / Liverpool Vs Stoke City (1 - 0) On 29th November 2014 / Manchester Utd vs Liverpool On 19th Sept: 3 - 2!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.