Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,242 members, 7,825,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (115240 Views)

Poll: Is self-service a sin?

Yes: 68% (73 votes)
No: 19% (21 votes)
I don't know: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
Natasha,,:

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, idolatry . . . drunken bouts, revelries AND THINGS LIKE THESE As to these things I'm forewarning you, . . .'' so if drinking doesn't concern God why should He talk about it, why does he want us to keep it on check not to get drunk?  smiley  

because drinking itself is no sin but drunkeness involves greed and greediness is a sin.
drinks don't kill people if taken with a considerable measure. but humans always abuse substances.
i am a bit concerned masturbati[i]o[/i]n was not mentioned amongst the immoral stuff listed in this passage from galatians.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
Natasha,,:

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, idolatry . . . drunken bouts, revelries AND THINGS LIKE THESE As to these things I'm forewarning you, . . .'' so if drinking doesn't concern God why should He talk about it, why does he want us to keep it on check not to get drunk?  smiley  
U don't get JoAgbaje,
JoAgbatically, what he's saying is that it's all spiritual, spiritual fornication (giving mammee water doggy), spiritual uncleaness (when your spirit man get boil for armpit), spriitual loose conduct (your spirit too dey waka for night),

Joagbaje:

Don't misquote me pls. When I say unclean. I'm talking about ethics not spiritually. So don't link the uncleaness I'm talking about to spiritual uncleaness of galatians  . T
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by debosky(m): 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
rhymz:

Natasha
since we are in the mood of talking about what glorifies God; does swallowing a hot bowl of Pounded Yam with Oha soup glorify God?
Is it a sin as well.

I Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

So yes - you can eat pounded yam and oha soup for the glory of God.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Natasha2(f): 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

i'll put it to you that he's not.
if you have any evidence against him that he's phoney please bring it out. . . . .
joagbaje is as real as they come. if there's one man of God who persistently matches his words of wisdom with actions on this forum, i would mention his name again and again and again.

so you are saying w@nking is legal for married folks but illegal for unmarried folks? there's a reason it's not listed as a sin in the bible.
it's because the ish would be too vague to be enforced. you cannot say pleasuring one's self is a sin against God. fornication/adultery involves someone else - masturbati[i]o[/i]n does not. the fact that someone thinks of beyonce whilst w@nking does not mean beyonce has Were Intimate with the fellow. beyonce doesn't even know the fellow exists so it's a sin against one's self - not a sin against God as it was explained correctly by pastor chris.

don't get it twisted. . . .some people enjoy w@nking more than sex.
lol coogar you are making things worse, why didn't you answer mu questions, why do peole self-service? what do they intend to achieve while self-servicing?  cheesy
Now a lot of people think cos you do it with your self only its not a sin but it seems you have forgotten it is the Temple of God  God dwells in our Body its not your play thing. So how is it a sin to oneself and not God since our body is His temple please explain  cheesy Lastly you were talking about thinking of beyonce and so on read Matthew 5:28 I hope you get what I'm trying to say from it  cheesy and don't you dare tell me it talks about adultery  grin

Rhymz your comparison does not tally you can't compare eating food which is beneficail for growth to  masturb@ting which is a substitute for sex    
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2012
@ musKeeto,

Abeg I carry God name take beg you, come laf wif me here for USA o. Abeg, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssss. I dey laf Pst Joe like crazy heree mehn.

Joagbaje:

Don't misquote me pls. When I say unclean. I'm talking about ethics not spiritually.

My belle wan burst with laf o. See my generation o. Chai
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Natasha2(f): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
debosky:

I Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Thanks Debosky  grin lemme see what rhymz will say this time  grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by rhymz(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2012
debosky:

"whatever you do" that is all inclusive and could as well mean you could as well masturbate if it is done to the glory of GOD. YES, a christian man that refuses to fornicate and instead go for a "Joy Ride" could as well be included in that quote my brother. . . It does not prove anything jare!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
musKeeto:

U don't get JoAgbaje,
JoAgbatically, what he's saying is that it's all spiritual, spiritual fornication (giving mammee water canine), spiritual uncleaness (when your spirit man get boil for armpit), spriitual loose conduct (your spirit too dey waka for night),

WHY YOU WAN KILL ME WIF LAUGH? ABEG I NEED SOMEONE TO LAF WITH ME. MAKE UNA NO LEAF ME WIF THIS LAF ALONE O.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
Natasha,,:

lol coogar you are making things worse, why didn't you answer mu questions, why do peole self-service? what do they intend to achieve while self-servicing?  cheesy
Now a lot of people think cos you do it with your self only its not a sin but it seems you have forgotten it is the Temple of God  God dwells in our Body its not your play thing. So how is it a sin to oneself and not God since our body is His temple please explain  cheesy Lastly you were talking about thinking of beyonce and so on read Matthew 5:28 I hope you get what I'm trying to say from it  cheesy and don't you dare tell me it talks about adultery  grin

Rhymz your comparison does not tally you can't compare eating food which is beneficail for growth to  masturb@ting which is a substitute for sex   also read 1 Corinthians 10:31  

i am not making things worse. . . . .one of the things i have learnt lately is that human beings operating at varying thresholds.
you as a woman might go without sex for 30 years. . . .it doesn't mean the next man who cannot go without it for 3 hours is perverse.

now you asked, why do people w@nk? well - they do it to release some form of tension. . . .
it's much more cleaner as it leaves no one with emotional trauma, no one can get pregnant and there's no likelihood of having any infection. . .

one's body is a temple of God but that is besides the point. . . . my question to you is simple.
if a married man w@nks because his wife is away on travels or the wife is physically disabled to perform a sex act, has that man committed any sin?
throughout his lewd act, his mind was focused on his own wife which means his thoughts are pure. . . .has this man committed any sin?
i need answers.

so you are saying beyonce has sinned because a man from obscurity had wet dreams about her? what the heck are you talking about?
it is the man who has sinned - it does not involve whoever formed his thoughts.
that is my point! a man who had sex himself sinned against himself not his neighbour.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2012
-sighs-

Let me steal a saying from someone.

If you feel, as a religious person, that you can w@nk in heaven, then by all means please follow your conviction.

The matter is very subjective. Wonder why the bible sometimes dont do specifics, all this commotion would be unnecessary.

Happy wa@nking CE people!!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

oga sir, you don't even need to say a word.
people would say all sorts to discredit their neighbours without any shred of evidence or fact. . .and they expect people of their ilk to believe what they say.

Thanks Coogar . Ive come to know that those who get into personal attacks ar only exhibiting their emptiness within. Be ause if a man has substance on the Inside, he will communicate it with joy and clarity. But when they have no back up for their stands.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Natasha2(f): 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
rhymz:

"whatever you do" that is all inclusive and could as well mean you could as well self-service if it is done to the glory of GOD. YES, a christian man that refuses to fornicate and instead go for a "Joy Ride" could as well be included in that quote my brother. . . It does not prove anything jare!!
lol is this the best you can come up with this time  grin the Bible passage shock you atink  grin  grin Lol I don tire for you rhymz  cheesy

ewo chineke me coogar oh please oh where did I say beyonce has sinned? ewo chibuzo oh coogar oh,  I couldn't write all you wrote so I said beyonce this and so on, that was to stand in for the whole statement you made  haba coogar how can you twist things like this  grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
dare2think:

-sighs-

Let me steal a saying from someone.

If you feel, as a religious person, that you can w@nk in heaven, then by all means please follow your conviction.

The matter is very subjective. Wonder why the bible sometimes dont do specifics, all this commotion would be unnecessary.

Happy wa@nking CE people!!!

stop this obtuse reasoning.
the bible clearly tells us there's no marriage and sex in heaven but we still practise it on earth with smiles on our faces.
leave heavenly things to when we get there.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 (KJV)
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

stop this obtuse reasoning.
the bible clearly tells us there's no marriage and sex in heaven but we still practise it on earth with smiles on our faces.
leave heavenly things to when we get there.
You sha want to tasi me by all means!!!

But I wont get angry with you, not today anyway, as I feel we can discuss in a civil way.

As for me, I dont want to leave heavenly things till I get there, I want to find out from here on earth first.

How is that for 'obtuse reasoning'?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:
?
throughout his lewd act, his mind was focused on his own wife which means his thoughts are pure. . . .has this man committed any sin?
i need answers.[

so you are saying beyonce has sinned because a man from obscurity had wet dreams about her? what the heck are you talking about?
it is the man who has sinned - it does not involve whoever formed his thoughts.
that is my point! a man who Were Intimate himself sinned against himself not his neighbour.

The mastubation thing is a biological matter, dealing with urge or pressure. But the imagination of the mind is a different thing , that can be termed as lust. A man does not need to have imagination to mastubate . What of virgins who mastubates , do they have any sexual experience to Imsgine? What of those who have wet dreams?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by rhymz(m): 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2012
Natasha,,:

unclean in the bible was used in different context, unless you weant to indulge in unneccessary semantic embelishment of convenience, Joe was talking pretty much about it in the context of hygiene and not in the context of morality. If you want to go by biblical historical translation you will understand that theologians in their bid to translate the words from their original hebrew meaning have meant different things at differnt time for a particular word or concept. For instance King James says unclean and NIV say Impure it shows you how words lose meaning during translation. If you want to argue this I am game as well.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Natasha2(f): 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
Joagbaje:

The mastubation thing is a biological matter, dealing with urge or pressure. But the imagination of the mind is a different thing , that can be termed as lust. A man does not need to have imagination to mastubate . What of virgins who mastubates , do they have any intimate experience to Imsgine? What of those who have wet dreams?

urge? so who tells you, you have an urge? your butt? hello the brain is the centre of life, everything starts there how are you going to know you long for something without your brain? so everything still boils down to your thoughts how on earth can I be doing something as masturb@tion and not think of sex or related stuffs?

see ya'll laterz  cheesy   *I would have finished cooking by now*  angry  cheesy

goshen take care
rhymz ,Joe and Coogar happy married life  grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2012
Joagbaje:

The mastubation thing is a biological matter, dealing with urge or pressure. But the imagination of the mind is a different thing , that can be termed as lust. [b]A man does not need to have imagination [/b]to mastubate . What of virgins who mastubates , do they have any intimate experience to Imsgine? What of those who have wet dreams?

Really, so masturbation can come from 'nothingness'!!!
Something must have activated that need to masturbate in the first place. Thoughts?

I dont feel its wrong to masturbate at the thought of your wife/husband, impossible not to have thoughts to mastubate. C'mon now people, I assume we are all adults here.

Can you just wake up and start masturbating!! Urge transforms to thoughts. or vice-versa

Ps Jo ,virgins can masturbate at the thoughts of the opposite sex. Ask teenagers in puberty! (dont tell me you are that naive)
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
dare2think:

Really, so self-service can come from 'nothingness'!!!
Something must have activated that need to self-service in the first place. Thoughts?

I dont feel its wrong to self-service at the thought of your wife/husband, impossible not to have thoughts to mastubate. C'mon now people, I assume we are all adults here.

Can you just wake up and start self-servicing!! Urge transforms to thoughts. or vice-versa

Ps Jo ,virgins can self-service at the thoughts of the opposite sex. Ask teenagers in puberty! (dont tell me you are that naive)

it doesn't need to be activated by any thought.
what activates wet dreams that marked a teenager's puberty? come on. people are different and people have different thresholds of emotions.
that you need to think of your sexy neighbour to w@nk does not mean everyone is programmed that way.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by rhymz(m): 6:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
Natasha,,:

urge? so who tells you, you have an urge? your butt? hello the brain is the centre of life, everything starts there how are you going to know you long for something without your brain? so everything still boils down to your thoughts how on earth can I be doing something as masturb@tion and not think of sex or related  stuffs?

see ya'll laterz  cheesy   *I would have finished cooking by now*  angry  cheesy

goshen take care
rhymz ,Joe and Coogar happy married life  grin

dont confuse lust which is stimulated by thoughts in the brain and urge that is a direct consequence of that could have been stimulated by anything other than lust
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by tlops(m): 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2012
Sex is God's invention. He is the mastermind behind it—and His creation is worth far more to Him than it is to us. This beautiful expression of love was created out of His own heart, as a gift to be experienced between a husband and wife. It is only in marriage that this manifestation of intimacy can be fully enjoyed in the depth for which it was created.

"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and the sexually immoral" (Hebrews 13:4, NIV).

"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge" (Hebrews 13:4, KJV).

The more beautiful and unique something is (like intimate intercourse), the more power it holds over our lives, either for good or bad influence. That is why it is so easy for the devil to corrupt the most precious of God//'//s gifts. When we become more in love with the gifts than the One who endowed them, the things that were designed to bless us begin to destroy us instead. Yes, God cares about what we do with our bodies, in public or in private. He doesn//'//t want us to abuse ourselves in any way.

In fact, an older definition of self-service is "self-abuse." Although more modern dictionaries may no longer carry this definition, they are still linked together under self-abuse:

Self-abuse noun[/b]¹

1. Abuse of oneself or one//'//s abilities.
2. self-service.

1 Corinthians 6:18 (NIV) further confirms this, saying that unlawful intimate relations defile our own bodies. "Flee from intimate immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body."

[b]"Isn't it still better to self-service than to commit fornication?"

The easy answer to this question would be, "Yes, it is better to self-service, because at best it corrupts only one person. It certainly is the lesser of two evils." However, why would a loving, holy, all-powerful God abandon you to a situation in which you have to choose any evil, whether it be "lesser" or "greater?" To really answer this question, we must again go back to God's original plan for sex.

First of all, self-service will not truly relieve the intimate pressure that one may feel. It may for a short moment, but in the long run it only creates a deeper desire and capacity for sex, which will lead to more self-service. If you let yourself become enslaved to a intimate high, you will find that you need to go to increasingly extreme acts to maintain the same degree of excitement. There are even ungodly sex therapists who recommend self-service as a way of increasing intimate desire, not lessening it. This creates a vicious circle, like the junkie who craves a "fix," but is only temporarily satisfied. The more he indulges in his dependency, the more ensnared by addiction he becomes. This is the nature of all sin. That is why Jesus declared that all who sin become a slave to sin (John 8:34).

http://www.bible.com/bibleanswers_result.php?id=252
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
Let those who says masturba.tion is NOT sin simply because it is not specified in word as sin in the bible kindly answer these question below:

Does the word "Abortion" appear in the bible and what makes it a sin?
Does the "sex-trading" or "Prostitut.ion" appear in the bible and what makes it a sin?
Does the word "Pornography" appear in the bible and what makes it sin?

Let them asnwer the above questions and they should be able to prove to us masturba.tion is not a sin because the word, "masturba.tion" doesn't occur or it's not specified in the bible.

Shaking my head and waiting for answers
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Demainman1: 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
All this CE members are completely brain dead IMO.

One day Pastor Chris we proclaim that wife swapping AKA Swinging is not a sin as long as it is done by consenting adults born-agains and grown up men like Agbaje will come hear and defend it using their numerous bible mis-quotes to support their 'god' Chris since the bible no expressly use those words.

Na wa for Naija born-agains o!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2012
@ tlops,

Please stop lifting articles from the internet to justify sin. Every man will stand for himself on the day of judgment. Does that mean you cannot prove bible for yourself? Must you lift article from the internet to get convince in the word of God? Internet is NOT our standard. please get life in the word of God. Thank you.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
goshen360:

Let those who says masturba.tion is NOT sin simply because it is not specified in word as sin in the bible kindly answer these question below:

Does the word "Abortion" appear in the bible and what makes it a sin?
Does the "sex-trading" or "Prostitut.ion" appear in the bible and what makes it a sin?
Does the word "Indecency" appear in the bible and what makes it sin?

Let them asnwer the above questions and they should be able to prove to us masturba.tion is not a sin because the word, "masturba.tion" doesn't occur or it's not specified in the bible.

Shaking my head and waiting for answers

abortion is the unlawful killing of a child - it's murder(no brainer)
there were whores in the bible. jesus actually saved one(no brainer)
indecency = immorality(no brainer).

how come there's nothing remotely related to masturbati[i]o[/i]n in the bible?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by tlops(m): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
Joagbaje:

The mastubation thing is a biological matter, dealing with urge or pressure. But the imagination of the mind is a different thing , that can be termed as lust. A man does not need to have imagination to mastubate . What of virgins who mastubates , do they have any intimate experience to Imsgine? What of those who have wet dreams?

Yes, They could be doing that with the aid of erotic materials which is usually a click away.

What of those who have wet dreams?
Wet dreams begin during puberty when the body starts making more testosterone, the major male hormone. Although some guys may feel embarrassed or even guilty about having wet dreams, they can't be controlled and you can't stop them from happening — most guys experience them at some point during puberty and even sometimes as adults.

It may not be a sin towards God, but if one's heart condemns one then it could hinder our confidence (approaching the throne boldly) towards God.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by tlops(m): 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Goshen,
I only posted that, to show that the topic is such that has raised many concerns from Christians.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 6:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

it doesn't need to be activated by any thought.
what activates wet dreams that marked a teenager's puberty? come on. people are different and people have different thresholds of emotions.
that you need to think of your sexy neighbour to w@nk does not mean everyone is programmed that way.

lol, another jab again. Cooger, wetin I do you.

what activates wet dreams that marked a teenager's puberty I dony know, you tell me. (Hormones, would be my guess)

So, you mean one can just start w@nking without a preceding thought or 'catalyst'?

care to explain?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2012
dare2think:

lol, another jab again. Cooger, wetin I do you.

what activates wet dreams that marked a teenager's I dony know, you tell me.

So, you mean one can just start w@nking without a preceding thought or 'catalyst'?

care to explain?

it's simple biology.
every man wakes up with a wood every morning - is that because my mind is perverse or because of my hormones?
now if someone with little threshold decides to act on his boner and w@nks in the bathroom, has that man sinned?

would you rather have him fornicate or r@pe an unsuspecting babe walking across the street?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by tlops(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

it's simple biology.
every man wakes up with a wood every morning - is that because my mind is perverse or because of my hormones?
now if someone with little threshold decides to act on his Situation and w@nks in the bathroom, has that man sinned?

would you rather have him fornicate or r@pe an unsuspecting babe walking across the street?

The main question of this thread is not that of morality but of religious obligation, because morally in our present world masturbation is the lesser evil of the options above.

The easy answer to this question would be, "Yes, it is better to self-service, because at best it corrupts only one person. It certainly is the lesser of two evils." However, why would a loving, holy, all-powerful God abandon you to a situation in which you have to choose any evil, whether it be "lesser" or "greater?"
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by AntiPastChris(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-875713.0.html#msg10238004

check out the new things have posted here

does anyone want more videos posted i have many

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.