Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Issues That Led To Civil War Still With Us, Says Odey Ag Gov. C/r - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Issues That Led To Civil War Still With Us, Says Odey Ag Gov. C/r (851 Views)

Photo:VP Alex Ekwueme Being Recieved At the Airport By Anambra Gov.C.Onoh, 1983 / Osun PDP Senatorial Candidate, Others, Donate foodstuffs To Civil Servants / Odey Ochicha Emerges Cross River APC Guber Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues That Led To Civil War Still With Us, Says Odey Ag Gov. C/r by BlackPikiN(m): 2:38am On Feb 22, 2012
CALABAR—ACTING Governor of Cross River State, Mr Larry Odey, has advised the Federal Government to urgently address some of the issues that led to the civil war in the country, saying such issues were still rearing their ugly heads.

Odey, who stated this at the lecture to mark the funeral obsequies of Dim Emeka Ojukwu, organised by the state government in collaboration with Ndigbo in Calabar, said that the late Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu fought against injustice and inequality.

He said the late Ojukwu, who was the first military governor of the then Eastern Region, abandoned the comfort of his family and choose to serve his people and that the issues that led to the 1966 sectarian crisis were still very much around in the polity.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/issues-that-led-to-civil-war-still-with-us-says-odey/
Re: Issues That Led To Civil War Still With Us, Says Odey Ag Gov. C/r by DuduNegro: 2:56am On Feb 22, 2012
He said the late Ojukwu, who was the first military governor of the then Eastern Region, abandoned the comfort of his family and choose to serve his people and that the issues that led to the 1966 sectarian crisis were still very much around in the polity.

Yes, true he fought for his people but I disagree he abadnoned any comfort of his family. It is revealing when a Cross River leader refers to Igbo people with detachment. "choose to serve his people".

Quite interesting that everybody is repeating this mantra that the issues that led to civil war is still with us. No it is not, we are facing a totally different issue that are just as damning, period!
Re: Issues That Led To Civil War Still With Us, Says Odey Ag Gov. C/r by BlackPikiN(m): 3:07am On Feb 22, 2012
lol, twist any how you like.
You think people from Cross River will forget their son(Major Ekanem) that was killed on Cater Bridge in Lagos.

Detachment or not, there's close affinity to between the two ethnic groups.
Re: Issues That Led To Civil War Still With Us, Says Odey Ag Gov. C/r by Duru1(m): 5:21am On Feb 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Yes, true he fought for his people but I disagree he abadnoned any comfort of his family. It is revealing when a Cross River leader refers to Igbo people with detachment. "choose to serve his people".

Quite interesting that everybody is repeating this mantra that the issues that led to civil war is still with us. No it is not, we are facing a totally different issue that are just as damning, period!

What incantation are you whining about? Ojukwu unselfishly served his people as the governor of eastern region. I guess you do not understand the phrase-“served his people”. Let me direct you to the right path by suggesting that the speakers meant Ndigbo and all the people that inhabited eastern region of Nigeria. I guess you are now catching the drift of people who have eulogized Ikemba I of Nnewi.

You need a serious deliverance if you could not perceive the issues that led to civil war are still alive. Keep fooling your dummy arse because this time around Nigeria will not only see civil war but total disintegration of the jungle called Nigeria.
Re: Issues That Led To Civil War Still With Us, Says Odey Ag Gov. C/r by Onlytruth(m): 5:26am On Feb 22, 2012
Any time a non-Igbo Easterner eulogizes Ojukwu, some Nigerians die a little.

Check out this Negro-nts "dudu".
He is almost dying! lol. grin

But I know that more is coming because truth is powerful. cool
Re: Issues That Led To Civil War Still With Us, Says Odey Ag Gov. C/r by udezue(m): 5:39am On Feb 22, 2012
Lol @ these Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

Forget 'occupy Nairaland' - Abandon Nairaland From Today; The New Site Is A Botched Abortion!!! / What Do You Hate Most About Your State Governor? / Obi To Build New Govt House, Assembly And Judiciary Complexes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.