Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu (3973 Views)

FEC Holds Valedictory Session For Ocholi / Valedictory Session Of The 7th Senate (pictures) / Valedictory Session Of The Federal Executive Council (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by Dainfamous: 3:36am On Feb 22, 2012
PORT HARCOURT— Rivers State Government will tomorrow hold a lecture in honour of the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, as part of events lined up for the burial of the former governor of old Eastern Region.

According to the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Worgu Boms, governors of states that make up the old eastern region, would attend the lecture.

They are Rivers, Imo, Abia, Enugu, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Anambra and Bayelsa States.

He said the lecture would be delivered by former National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Audu Ogbeh, while former National President of Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Chief Onueze Okocha, SAN, will also deliver a paper.

According to him, “the lecture, with the topic, “Eastern Region: Reminiscences” will hold at the auditorium of the State House of Assembly on Moscow Road, Port Harcourt, and would have the former Governor of Rivers State, Dr Peter Odili, as Chairman of the occasion.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/rivers-holds-valedictory-lecture-for-ojukwu/
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by OneNaira6: 3:50am On Feb 22, 2012
They should tape the lecture and release it for the Eastern citizens to watch as well imo.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by chino24: 8:40am On Feb 22, 2012
Ikemba Nnewi Emeka Ojukwu, your class of personality will elude us for generations to come. Ikemba lives on.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by Dainfamous: 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2012
For sure smiley smiley smiley
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by ifekon: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
Ichie Gburugburu gaa nke oma!
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by Afam4eva(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2012
That's nice. I hope to see the video.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by govano(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2012
A man with indomitable and resilient spirit. it's difficult to measure you with any body in this generation.
I just pray and hope that my Governor Owele Anayochukwu Rochas Okorocha will live to be like you.
Both of you share similer love,emparthy and sincerity for your people.Goodnight, our here.Goodnight Ikemba Nnewi and Eze Igbo Gburugburu.We love you but God loves you most. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by newslive(f): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
nice 1

Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by oduasolja: 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
i wonder whose side these minorities are on. they need to stop giving mixed signals. this is what led to civil war.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by victorazy(m): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2012
RIP Ikemba, our elders used to tell us how brave u r and I confirmed it in ur eyes d first day I set my eyes on u in 1990 d day of ur coronation "Udo diri-Igbo 1" in Ohuhu Umuahia.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2012
IKEMBA livessssssssssssssssssssss on grin grin grin
your enemies have got nada on you tongue tongue tongue
you are bigger than them cool cool cool
IKEMBA WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by Onlytruth(m): 6:07pm On Feb 22, 2012
oduasolja:

i wonder whose side these minorities are on. they need to stop giving mixed signals. this is what led to civil war.

Here they come!
The Oduas sheet their pants anytime they see some non-Igbo Easterners eulogizing Ojukwu.
This should tell our Eastern brothers that the enemy is afraid of Eastern unity. Why?
Not to worry though. Our unity is gradually forming, and I'm happy that it is being led by non-Igbo of Eastern Nigeria.
We shall get there because truth is indomitable. cool
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by SamIkenna: 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
oduasolja:

hahaha! Wow! The lord is good!
Ikemba nwoke ike, sleep tight.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by oduasolja: 6:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
Onlytruth:

Here they come!
The Oduas sheet their pants anytime they see some non-Igbo Easterners eulogizing Ojukwu.
This should tell our Eastern brothers that the enemy is afraid of Eastern unity. Why?
Not to worry though. Our unity is gradually forming, and I'm happy that it is being led by non-Igbo of Eastern Nigeria.

buhahaha. i am actually happy for una.

i cant wait to kick you parasitic ingrates out of our land back to ala igbo.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by 9jaIhail(m): 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
Onlytruth:

Here they come!

Eze may your soul live long onlytruth.Eze never worry about what enemies say about us or about our great hero ikemba,what you need to remember for sure is that everything can be kept hidden but truth can never be hidden for too long, all that ojukwu fought for are now coming to passing,those that despised ojukwu in the pass are now agitating for the same thing ojukwu agitated for that lead to war after Nigeria Government failed to implement the agreement they reached and signed in aburi.But today as you can see every1 is fighting for true federalism which was what ojukwu argued for.I read someone like asari dokumbo saying that he was told many negative stories about biafrans to make him hate biafrans but as he grew up he came to know that what biafrans stood for was the only way and only solution to the Nigeria problem, today he is following the foot step of ojukwu. well i really appreciate and commend him (Asari) for been bold enough to admit that he regret that his people did not join biafran cause to make it a reality, it take only a great man to admit or accept his mistakes or mistake of his forefathers, unlike our brothers in the south west who still believe in the malicious lies their forefathers told them and still live with it without using their head to ask them self question as grown up people.

Eze may God of Ndigbo Bless and keep you long.May the same wisdom that was given to solom be your portion Eze,
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by 9jaIhail(m): 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2012
oduasolja:

buhahaha. i am actually happy for una.

i cant wait to kick you parasitic ingrates out of our land back to ala igbo.

Which of your land are you talking about? plz don't tell me lagos because lagos was not developed with youba's resources. better you tell me any other state in yoruba land aside lagos.
Thank you
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by MEGAWATCH: 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
www.bizinterest.com THE BUSINESS MANAGERS AND INVESTORS MEETING PLACE. DO YOU HAVE IDEAS?
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by Businesstools(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2012
The history of Nigeria can never be complete without mentioning the name,Ojukwu. He was a typical example of selfless leadership.Study critically the events that took place from 15 Jan 1966 through the civil war and you shall discover the truth.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by oduasolja: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Which of your land are you talking about? plz don't tell me lagos because lagos was not developed with youba's resources. better you tell me any other state in yoruba land aside lagos.
Thank you

buha. u dey craze.

yes lagos is our land not yours.

there are no igbo kings in lagos last i checked.

and yoruba resources were integral to the development of lagos.

yoruba cement.

yoruba labour .

yoruba land.

yoruba oil resources from ondo state.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by noiseless: 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2012
The word minority means a great deal in a negative way only in your side of the divid,not in ours so get use to it "OWNERS OF NIGGA-AREA"
oduasolja:

Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by 9jaIhail(m): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2012
oduasolja:

buha. u dey craze.

yes lagos is our land not yours.

there are no igbo kings in lagos last i checked.

and yoruba resources were integral to the development of lagos.

yoruba cement.

yoruba labour .

yoruba land.

yoruba oil resources from ondo state.

You see how mad some of this guys can be, i earlier on warned you not to mention lagos because it was developed by the federal Government of Nigeria.if other states receive the attention the Federal Government had given to Lagos and Abuja then you will realize that know body will argue Lagos with yoruba or whoever,and if i may remind you south easterners still own 70% of lagos just get that straight in ur damaged brain. and don't quote me again since you don't have any other developed state in south west aside lagos that alone will tell you how backward you guys are
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by success4(m): 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2012
and of what benefit is that too a dead body? undecided
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by Willywilly9: 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2012
oduasolja:

Monkey, they are on the side of Yorubas. IIIdddiot foool
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by oduasolja: 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

You see how mad some of this guys can be, i earlier on warned you not to mention lagos because it was developed by the federal Government of Nigeria.if other states receive the attention the Federal Government had given to Lagos and Abuja then you will realize that know body will argue Lagos with yoruba or whoever,and if i may remind you south easterners still own 70% of lagos just get that straight in ur damaged brain. and don't quote me again since you don't have any other developed state in south west aside lagos that alone will tell you how backward you guys are

you are the dummy that is mad. federal government only developed victoria island and ikoyi. not mushin , surulere, ikeja and other areas. only vi and ikoyi were federal territory.

how can igbos own 70 percent of the houses in a yoruba state ? are u saying they are 70 percent of lagos state ?

dont confuse renting for owning  dummy.

dumb igbo that rent will claim they own.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 22, 2012
east is rising
west is crying
lol
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by HighChief4(m): 3:52am On Feb 23, 2012
Honestly, the Unity amongst SE and SS is getting stronger everyday. Who would believe that after the lies they fed these people just to weaken Ojukwu and distort the Biafra agenda, that Rivers would honor Ojukwu at last, not just Rivers playing the host but every other old Eastern Nigeria states beeing part of it.

Rest In Peace Ikemba

Rest In Peace "Anya ana aso Igbo"

Rest in Peace Peoples' General
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by iykak47: 4:06am On Feb 23, 2012
Ezeigbo gburugburu, good journey.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by otondo55: 7:03am On Feb 23, 2012
The Great One !

Journey Mercy, good night !

You lives On !
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by 9jaIhail(m): 7:41am On Feb 23, 2012
oduasolja:

you are the dummy that is mad. federal government only developed victoria island and ikoyi. not mushin , surulere, ikeja and other areas. only vi and ikoyi were federal territory.

how can igbos own 70 percent of the houses in a yoruba state ? are u saying they are 70 percent of lagos state ?

dont confuse renting for owning  dummy.

dumb igbo that rent will claim they own.

My dear friend shut your mouth and be realistic for once.Last time i check all the land in Lagos has been bought by Igbo's and i see that is why you are crying endlessly.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by alasibanz: 8:05am On Feb 23, 2012
To finally put this doubt of relationship to rest, may i suggest the airport in PH be named after Ojukwu.

For those wanna be distractors from the west, let it be known to you that destruction of Lagos is not unattainable should we secede. If assuming the SE and SS were to leave lagos, who is going to fill the vacuum. Even if other SWers were compelled to leave other SW states to fill the sudden vacuum, dont you know that the state left shall automatically returns to its natural state of wild.

I presumed you knew what it took to rebuilt Europe as a result of WW II. Keep on wishing and believing SEers are fools.
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 8:17am On Feb 23, 2012
i know that Chibuike Amaechi and other old Eastern leaders will not disappoint cool
Good one , OJUKWU deserves all the accolades
he was/is a HERO cool
Re: Rivers Holds Valedictory Lecture For Ojukwu by ENEONWO(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2012
Dim, Eze Igbo Gburu Gburu, Ikemba Ndi Igbo, the true embodiment of African Spirit, Iron & Digger Nut, the Man who saw tomorrow, of a truth, i lack the words to qualify you. May you continue to do exploits, in the great beyond, Amin

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Was Nigeria Given Her Name? / Aregbesola Slaps Female Deputy Again? / Buhari Not Happy With His Grandchild Puting Two Fingers In the Air?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.