Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,626 members, 7,840,494 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. (11022 Views)

Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / Southern Groups Laud North Over Snc / Opc Dares Boko Haram: Calls For Snc: Says Amalgamation, A Mistake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by ACM10: 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
naijaking1:

Thanks for posting the federal version of the minutes taken by Akenzua. While the color of the language maybe different from what Eziachi had posted earlier, the essential ingredients remain the same.
It will make sense to wait for the minutes taken by the other secretaries including the NU Akpan for the east before describing the title as being errorneuos.

Even this version of the minutes doesn't differ greatly from the essence and thematic structure of Eziachi's initial posting. It makes me wonder why you seem so biased against reality and the truth

Just accept the fact that aribisala0 is a closet tribalist. He used to be a de-tribalised poster. But has since undergone metamorphosis. One noticeable fact about him is that all the knowledge he has about the events are the ones he got from NLs propaganda. He's absolutely clueless. He'll condemn someones evidence. But wont present any concrete evidence to back his arguement. You will keep on going round and round with him. Just free him. Let him wallow in his ignorance
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by thoniann(m): 10:25pm On Feb 22, 2012
@ACM10,thank you jare. I don tire for that Aribasola0 or wetin him call himself. I don hear you.
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by aribisala0(m): 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2012
what is my argument

A tribalist is anyone that refutes or challenges stupid ideas

If I am a tribalist you are a television since we are entering the realm of absurdity

I am for accuracy
I have not said thons version is wrong but they are a NARRATIVE not minutes

it might seem like hair splitting but it is important

MINUTES OR REACTION STATEMENT i have no quarrel or agreement with the content
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by Eziachi: 11:47pm On Feb 22, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

@OP
Abeg make we hear word. Biafra was a bigh hoax build with greedy intentions, little wonder you Igbos are the only ones seeing the lbenefit of Aburi rubbish. Why can't you just relocate to south east? Oh, i forgot South South oil must be included abi, thieves.

Your greediness has been laid bare for all to see, so no amount of name calling the SW can change the fact Ojukwu power drunk and by extention SE are greedy and full of deciet.

BTW why are you afraid of all inclusive separation like SNC if you have no hidden agenda. Na only una get sense pass. Una never see anything yet. Aburi ko, Abori ni.

Don't we ae ready nexxt tomorrow to relocate to the south east but not on your own terms. You will be tired to see our faces. Only idle minds in this 21st century stil thinks that oil is the opium of a great nation. How many great 7 industrial nations depended on oil wells? Mind you, Imo, Anambra, Abia and many iGBO TOWNS IN RIVERS, CROSS RIVER AN DELTA HAS OIL IN ABUNDANCE if your arguement makes any sense.
That is why so many Nigerian (Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba etc) low minds are against implentation of Aburi accord, because they are o drunk on crude oil.

1 Like

Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by naijaking1: 12:30am On Feb 23, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

@OP
Abeg make we hear word. Biafra was a bigh hoax build with greedy intentions, little wonder you Igbos are the only ones seeing the lbenefit of Aburi rubbish. Why can't you just relocate to south east? Oh, i forgot South South oil must be included abi, thieves.

Your greediness has been laid bare for all to see, so no amount of name calling the SW can change the fact Ojukwu power drunk and by extention SE are greedy and full of deciet.

BTW why are you afraid of all inclusive separation like SNC if you have no hidden agenda. Na only una get sense pass. Una never see anything yet. Aburi ko, Abori ni.

What
What greedy intentions? The Aburi accord for one could have saved the millions of lives lost in an unnecessary civil war if it had been followed. Why does everything have to be about oil, please note that oil wasn't even a major issue at the time of this conference, even though some suspected that Ojukwu knew all along.
Of greater significance to history of this country, is why an incompetent, and dull officer like Gowon would have been allowed to take control of the country given more senior and smarter offciers like Ogundipe who chickened out and ran overseas.
And why we had people like Adebayo supporting and rooting for Gowon?
Once again, anytime you're unjustly passed over for a posting or promotion in Nigeria, just remember Gowon started it all.
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by thoniann(m): 12:31am On Feb 23, 2012
I'm most baffled by menacing approach many comments on NL take. Ezeachi aired his views on an accord reached decades ago and we want to crucify him? He has told us that he feels the accord if practicalised will bring about the much desired peace and progress we all crave. My question is,when has it become criminal to air ones's views? If you all have better options to resolve these immense problems we are facing in Nigeria,why don't you air them so we can weigh them,not tear apart the poster;weigh them like mature minds and see how we can raise a voice to address them.I strongly feel that this pseudo-entity called Nigeria is failing terribly and cannot hold any longer. The best bet is for all of us to have a Referendum to decide if we want to continue living falsely or go our separate ways. We have seen this mode work in several countries,why not Nigeria? This is the only country with a severe problems in the world that has deliberately refused to address her problems by way of Referendum. Isn't this a nice choice?
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by aribisala0(m): 12:56am On Feb 23, 2012
stop the psycho babble!
He is airing his views and others who disagree with him are airing theirs.

No one is arraigning anyone.

It is called intellectual commerce.
The trouble is some wish to prevail by bullying ,blackmail,bluster and this sort of namby pamby sentimental claptrap.

The Aburi accord has as its premise A MILITARY GOVERNMENT
it was not designed for civillian administration.

At independence we had a political system that was not perfect but it was consensual , and produced after negotiation and it did have resource control in it.

WHAT HAPPENED TO IT
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by naijaking1: 1:45am On Feb 23, 2012
^^^
If you had read Ezinach's initial post you would have answered your own question, it was thwarted by young military officers from the east, west, midwest, and north. Though history has since being conviniently changed to make it look like Igbos and Igbos alone planned and executed the first coup.
The Aburi conference was futile attempt to prevent a war----how many times do I have to tell you this
It was not a perfect constitutional conference designed to enthrone militarism in Nigeria shocked
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by aribisala0(m): 2:20am On Feb 23, 2012
You see the problem we have in our national discourse is a lack of honesty.

If we are honest rather than give a version that is hotly disputed it would be best to admit that it is controversial.
There are several accounts of the facts and even more interpretations of those

whilst it is probably true that no one version is right or wrong absolutely.
To refer me to Ezinach's account of the termination of the First republic is disingenuous.
It is only fanatics that believe they have perfect knowledge of events. Even key actors  in those events DO NOT

In the end we shall all believe what we wish to believe claiming those who do not share our beliefs are distorting history.
The story of those times is like religion ,we worship different gods

That approach will change nothing and achieve nothing BUT

the Constitution of the first republic was not a bad one ,it was not perfect but it was a civilian constitution.It was a RESOURCE CONTROL constitution.

It was a constitution that allowed the Northern region to prevent other Nigerians taking jobs in their civil service and to even impose a Hausa test on civil servants.
The Nigerian MILITARY  headed by Ironsi brought in CENTRALIZATION(Did Ojukwu Object).

If we agree that the MILITARY of every ethnic hue (as you assert) truncated it,
to now tell us Ojukwu was somehow visionary in agreeing to continue with MILITARY government insults our intelligence.
The best I can say is the NIGERIAN MILITARY caused the problem NOT IGBO officers but NIGERIAN  officers and OJUKWU was one of them! He shared collective responsibility with his colleagues in the Nigerian military for bringing in the UNITARY STRUCTURE
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by marvix(m): 2:30am On Feb 23, 2012
Taking my time to read thru all d comments through my fone has allowed me to learn more on d discourse that led to the civil war and further strenghtened my resolve that an SNC is not d solution to our problems. Truth be said we don't need an SNC, this was d original premise of Eziachi, we have had series of conferences and they yielded nothing good, to be fair to the Aburi conference it gave us a 30 month civil war and I will ask a simple question here if we have a conference today and after all discussions the powers that be decide not to implement the resolutions what would we do? Revolt? Its a stupid scheme only guaranteed to waste more of our resources.

Having said that as my contribution to the debate and trying to refocus it on the original theme I must state that Aribisala is a very big fool with no sense of responsibility, he is a standard example of the malady and palavers that have ruined dis nation from his 1st reply to d last was just a show of idiocy and stupidity. All attempts by him to derail d thread was obvious and makes me think that we shld have a Supreme Commander on NL whose duty would be to delete individuals like him without warning and if absolute power wld corrupt absolutely maybe a Supreme Council on NL should be set up to review posts and idiots like him flushed out, its obvious he's a tribalist and a very poor one at that, I learnt a lot from Thonians post and Eziachis post is not the minutes but a commentary of d minutes but how was dat supposed to bcom d bone of contention, the biafran version posted was a comprehensive document of which d minutes he's looking for is an appendix, did Aribisala go to school at all, just another classical case of an educated illiterate whose parents hav obviously wasted their funds maybe not hard earned sending him to school.

Please let's not dwell on my attack at Aribisala but pls let us consider the fact that an SNC is not viable and feasible and splitting d country along ethnic or religious lines would serve our overall interests, while we may want to conclude that it worked in d Soviet Union and Sudan pls don't 4get that beta things dat worked elsewhere hav always failed here due 2 d Nigerian factor and splitting this country shld not be considered without 1st resolving d Nigerian factor b4 a referendum or SNC can b convened we must first do away with d Nigerian factor.

In my opinion d constitution as it is can still save dis nation, I support d 20millionyouths42015 initiative to rescue our nation from d elders and start on a fresh slate let's beat d politicians at their own game!!!!
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by aribisala0(m): 2:49am On Feb 23, 2012
marvix:

Taking my time to read thru all d comments through my fone has allowed me to learn more on d discourse that led to the civil war and further strenghtened my resolve that an SNC is not d solution to our problems. Truth be said we don't need an SNC, this was d original premise of Eziachi, we have had series of conferences and they yielded nothing good, to be fair to the Aburi conference it gave us a 30 month civil war and I will ask a simple question here if we have a conference today and after all discussions the powers that be decide not to implement the resolutions what would we do? Revolt? Its a silly scheme only guaranteed to waste more of our resources.

Having said that as my contribution to the debate and trying to refocus it on the original theme I must state that my father  is a very big fool with no sense of responsibility, he is a standard example of the malady and palavers that have ruined dis nation from his 1st reply to d last was just a show of idiocy and stupidity. All attempts by him to derail d thread was obvious and makes me think that we shld have a Supreme Commander on NL whose duty would be to delete individuals like him without warning and if absolute power wld corrupt absolutely maybe a Supreme Council on NL should be set up to review posts and idiots like him flushed out, its obvious he's a tribalist and a very poor one at that, I learnt a lot from Thonians post and Eziachis post is not the minutes but a commentary of d minutes but how was dat supposed to bcom d bone of contention, the biafran version posted was a comprehensive document of which d minutes he's looking for is an appendix, did my father go to school at all, just another classical case of an educated illiterate whose parents hav obviously wasted their funds maybe not hard earned sending him to school.

Please let's not dwell on my attack at my father but pls let us consider the fact that an SNC is not viable and feasible and splitting d country along ethnic or religious lines would serve our overall interests, while we may want to conclude that it worked in d Soviet Union and Sudan pls don't 4get that beta things dat worked elsewhere hav always failed here due 2 d Nigerian factor and splitting this country shld not be considered without 1st resolving d Nigerian factor b4 a referendum or SNC can b convened we must first do away with d Nigerian factor.

In my opinion d constitution as it is can still save dis nation, I support d 20millionyouths42015 initiative to rescue our nation from d elders and start on a fresh slate let's beat d politicians at their own game!!!!
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by naijaking1: 2:56am On Feb 23, 2012
aribisala0:

You see the problem we have in our national discourse is a lack of honesty.

If we are honest rather than give a version that is hotly disputed it would be best to admit that it is controversial.
There are several accounts of the facts and even more interpretations of those

whilst it is probably true that no one version is right or wrong absolutely.
To refer me to Ezinach's account of the termination of the First republic is disingenuous.
It is only fanatics that believe they have perfect knowledge of events. Even key actors DO NOT

Remember your big: WHAT HAPPENED TO IT? --referring to our first democracy. I told you. Is that now a problem? It was killed by some mischievious officers from every region, not just easterners.

In the end we shall all believe what we wish to believe claiming those who do not share our beliefs are distorting history.
The story of those times is like religion ,we worship different gods

That approach will change nothing and achieve nothing BUT

the Constitution of the first republic was not a bad one ,it was not perfect but it was a civilian constitution.

It was a constitution that allowed the Northern region to prevent other Nigerians taking jobs in their civil service and even imposed a Hausa test.
The Nigerian MILITARY headed by Ironsi brought in CENTRALIZATION(Did Ojukwu Object).It was a RESOURCE CONTROL constitution.

If we agree that the MILITARY of every ethnic hue (as you assert) truncated it,
to now tell us Ojukwu was somehow visionary in agreeing to continue with MILITARY government insults our intelligence.
The best I can say is the NIGERIAN MILITARY caused the problem NOT IGBO officers but NIGERIAN  officers and OJUKWU was one of them! He shared collective responsibility with his colleagues in the Nigerian military for bringing in the UNITARY STRUCTURE

Makes me wonder again what you read from the first posting. Ojukwu was of course visionary when he told the dull Gowon that if he allowed junior officers who overthrew Ironsi to install him, then he (Gowon) should expect the same junior officers to remove him.
That happened exactly nine years later.
What better statement could a leader have made to convince you that he was a visionary leader
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by HighChief4(m): 2:57am On Feb 23, 2012
I am High Chief and I hereby confirm that aribisala0 is a dunce and lacks full knowledge of Nigeria history and politics

I am sorry for you. . .

You are like a man who calls his fathers house shi't yet lives everyday in it and bares his surname. .

I am not a Northerner. I am an Igbo man. Just not a backward bigot like yourself. I have studied the past, learnt my lessons and moved on. . . The principal actors in the Biafran Saga are all dying off. Their era and time is fast coming to an end, the children on the Nigerian side of the fence have all moved on, its the Easterners that are still sulking in their little corner, looking for scraps and pieces of acachievements no matter how mediocre) to hold onto as their victories from the war (e.g Biafran baby jets, Ogbunigwe and the supposed biarfran armoured vehicles), Still trying to seek relevance in the Aburi accord that was signed at a period when military men ruled, still celebrating Ojukwu as a GOD coconvenientlygnoring the part where he fled to ivory coast by night.

As grand as the Aburi accord may have been at the time, its of no relevance now. . . When would you wipe your tears, pick up your sorry arse and move on with your life?!

Its people like you that spend all your effort hating the Northerners and the Westerners around you, keeping malice meanwhile they barely even know that you exist. Ypu say we were thaught to hate igbos, I laugh at the splendour of your delusion . . The only thing mentioned about that beat-down that you all a war was in socials studies class in primary 4 and it barely took a chapter in the text book sef. Nobody has your time. . .

Keep all the manuscripts you can find from the war, keep all the war memmemorabilia/parparaphernalia u can find, all the recordings, pictures and publications. . . They would be worth a poo load of money 100 years down the line, when they would be sold at auctions. . .

BIAFRA is a dead dream . . .

MASSOB, Biafran Zionist Movement and co. are all trying to raise the dust of a dead corpse. . .

Ojukwu your leader is dead and would be buried by the same side that defeated him in 1969. . . .

Now go get a job so you can feed your family and hopefully, your children would not grow up with the same retrogressive narrow mindset that you have. . .

@Okija Juju, the bolded has given you away, though it is not unknown to so many of us here that you are a son of arewa. You always have a hard  for anything Igbo and the obsession is likely to kill you. Indeed aburi accord is not relevance now but you are calling for SNC right? Probably you are a product of Biafran war, maybe a Nigerian soldier is actually your father, Aturu ocha ediottaa
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by aribisala0(m): 3:03am On Feb 23, 2012
High_Chief:

I am High Chief and I hereby confirm that my father is a dunce and lacks full knowledge of Nigeria history and politics

@Okija Juju, the bolded has given you away, though it is not unknown to so many of us here that you are a son of arewa. You always have a hard  for anything Igbo and the obsession is likely to kill you. Indeed aburi accord is not relevance now but you are calling for SNC right? Probably you are a product of Biafran war, maybe a Nigerian soldier is actually your father, Aturu ocha ediottaa
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by HighChief4(m): 3:08am On Feb 23, 2012
^^^Dude just give up now and stop disgracing yourself any further. With kids like you, i fear for the future of that country.
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by aribisala0(m): 3:16am On Feb 23, 2012
High_Chief:

^^^Dad just give up now and stop disgracing yourself any further. With dunces like you, i fear for the future of that country.
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by iykak47: 3:34am On Feb 23, 2012
Eziachi:

Since I posted this issue, I have seen and read other versions of Aburi accord and all I can deduce was that while the language colour was slightly different, still the main ingredient and content remain the same. But trust NIGERIANS they leave the flesh and pick on the bone, something they inherited from day one.
Give a starving Nigerian a hot delicious bread to devour, he will start worring about the kind of oven used in baking it first.
One minute they wants Odua republic or soutthern whatever republic but jump into the lagoon once they heard about Biafra. The killing of thousand of Igbos and other southerners doesn't warrant Ojukwus action but the same people cried blue murder because Jonathan posted soldiers on the street of Lagos.

They wanted Nigeria to burn because MKO Abiola ws denied the presidency he won fair and square but Biafrans that peacefully left because they are killed left and right killed the pope.
Ojukwu was a coward for living in exile and to allow his personality no to hamper the chance of his people from recovering, but MKO who fled to the U.K after june 12 because of the threat to his life is a hero. When the psycho called Abacha was in power, all you heard is the cry for SNC but immediatly OBJ took over, the call/clamour disappeared for 8 years and surprisingly the called returned immediately Yar Adua took over and got much louder as soon as the Ijaw fisherman took over.
That is the sign of a nation going nowhere- steady INCONSISTENCY.

The truth is bitter but it must be told.
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by Jisunpack: 4:01am On Feb 23, 2012
Save to say the Igbos are now trapped in the rubbish they build via the greedy power drunk rebel wannabe called Ojukwu. There is no amount of repeatation can turn any suger coated lies and deciet into truth. It's morning time!

How about apologizing for killing Akintola? What were you thinking when you murdered Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa and let Nnamdi Azikwe ran into exile? Was that clause part of Aburi nonsense?. Una never see anything sef

Here is my take
1. Move and relocate your business to south east in protest of building Biafra
or
2. initiate a UN resolution/referundum of exiting Nigeria peacefully via lobbying any veto wielding state.

Unilateral invasion and occupation of any region can't and wont help any of your greedy cause. We the sensible Nigerians demand for a peaceful round table, all inlusive decision of separation. No one is going to allow you enslave the defunct eastern minority tribes or annex any south southern state into your Biafra. The decisions must be all inclusive and not Aburi kangaroo meeting where some weed smoking reetarrds decided to meet and discuss where the next or.gy party is going to take place. Shssssh
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by HighChief4(m): 4:16am On Feb 23, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

Save to say the Igbos are now trapped in the rubbish they build via the greedy power drunk rebel wannabe called Ojukwu. There is no amount of repeatation can turn any suger coated lies and deciet into truth. It's morning time!

How about apologizing for killing Akintola? What were you thinking when you murdered Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa and let Nnamdi Azikwe ran into exile? Was that clause part of Aburi nonsense?. Una never see anything sef

Here is my take
1. Move and relocate your business to south east in protest of building Biafra
or
2. initiate a UN resolution/referundum of exiting Nigeria peacefully via lobbying any veto wielding state.

Unilateral invasion and occupation of any region can't and wont help any of your greedy cause. We the sensible Nigerians demand for a peaceful round table, all inlusive decision of separation. No one is going to allow you enslave the defunct eastern minority tribes or annex any south southern state into your Biafra. The decisions must be all inclusive and not Aburi kangaroo meeting where some weed smoking reetarrds decided to meet and discuss where the next or.gy party is going to take place. Shssssh

If you actually did not write the above under influence of alcohol, then I wont forgive your ignorance. Prolly its just selective reading, how could you have missed the below information:

When Ojukwu expressed his disgust over the murder of Igbo army officers by their northern colleagues in July 1966, Lt-Colonel Katsina interjected by asking Ojukwu why he had not reacted with the same revulsion when senior northern military officers were murdered by Igbo soldiers seven months earlier. Ojukwu now explained and reasoned that against the falsehood been spread but in January 1966, soldiers from every region of the federation (Nzeogwu: Mid-West, Ifeajuna-East, Ademoyega: West, Kpera: North) had staged a coup in which soldiers and politicians from every region of the federation (Akintola: West, Balewa: North, Unegbe: East, Okotie-Eboh: Mid-West) were also killed.
Whereas when northern soldiers staged a revenge coup in July, soldiers from one region of the federation only (North: Danjuma, Murtala, Martin Adamu etc) singled out soldiers from one region in the federation as their targets. Katsina took this opportunity to remind Ojukwu of the effort he had put in to prevent the murder of Igbos. Katsina told Ojukwu that "If you know how much …we have tried to console the people to stop all these movements and mass killings, you will give me and others a medal tonight."

Unegbe is an Igbo man and he was killed and Zik escaped, just the way Akintola was killed and Awolowo survived it. Meanwhile, it was not an Igbo coup. Like I earlier said, most of you are acting based on the lies fed to you by your parents, you all need to pick a dammn book and get your facts rights. I gues you are enjoying the "One Nigeria" so much. You guys had better wake up, am glad for my SS brothers cos they have realized. Yorubas are the problem of that country. Parasites
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by aribisala0(m): 4:22am On Feb 23, 2012
That is the trouble with lies!!!
They raise too many inconvenient questions

We have read the minutes as presented by Thons. They did not contain this conversation  between Hassan Katsina and Ojukwu .This is why I have been harping on about this MINUTES thing.

So if the conversation was NOT in the minutes we must ask the question

HOW Did Max the Historian Learn about it ?

At this point one needs to find out

MORE ABOUT MAX SIULLON AND WHY WE SHOULD BELIEVE WHAT HE SAYS

Perhaps Ojukwu told him.

Well there are many on the Nigerian side who saw things differently from Ojukwu(obviously) Why must Ojukwu's account be bought by a neutral person
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by thoniann(m): 4:29am On Feb 23, 2012
E be like say we go carry this debate go AIT oooo. I don tire to read. Wetin sef? Una no dey sleep?
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by Jisunpack: 4:43am On Feb 23, 2012
And you still went ahead to quote from thesame Aburi nonsense? Really?. shocked

How about you explain to me the "massive" celebration thoughout the north by Ndigbos over the killing of sardauna and Tafawa Balewa and the all out bully? Was that part of Aburi shiiit too? I guess that was done by "northernized" Igbos. Or explain the mysterious exit of Nnamdi Azikwe into exile, was he not part of those marked for death? I consider the strength you expand in your failed history revisionism, as an insult on all sensible Nigerians.

Dude, trash away your Aburi tissue paper and face the reality of organizing an all inclusive, round table talk, where ALL the minority tribes would be carried along, without any self imposing supremacy tribes lording over them. Stop repeating lies over and over!

High_Chief:

If you actually did not write the above under influence of alcohol, then I wont forgive your ignorance. Prolly its just selective reading, how could you have missed the below information:

Unegbe is an Igbo man and he was killed and Zik escaped, just the way Akintola was killed and Awolowo survived it. Meanwhile, it was not an Igbo coup. Like I earlier said, most of you are acting based on the lies fed to you by your parents, you all need to pick a dammn book and get your facts rights. I gues you are enjoying the "One Nigeria" so much. You guys had better wake up, am glad for my SS brothers cos they have realized. Yorubas are the problem of that country. Parasites
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by HighChief4(m): 5:34am On Feb 23, 2012
^^^The problem is not with the Ndigbo that celebrated, who were civilians. The question is this; where the civilians part of the coup and killings? NO. When did killing civilians en mass during coup become part of military.

Again forget about who i quoted and the source of the exerpts, pray tell, those names Ojukwu mentioned were they part of the coup/revolution? Those that were killed including the Igbo soldier, was he killed or not?

Honestly, I wouldnt want to join issues with you because you see nothing wrong with the killings of over 300,000 innocent Ndigbo civilians. It goes further to explain why the trend is prevailent till date. I rest my case with you, cos I can deduce that the problem you have is that "Ojukwu said it" so that makes it wrong, but you have done nothing to prove that the names he mentioned did not participate. Your hausa masters have programmed you guys brains to see anything Ojukwu said as wrong, so it will always affect your judgement process
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by Onlytruth(m): 5:48am On Feb 23, 2012
High_Chief:

^^^The problem is not with the Ndigbo that celebrated, who were civilians. The question is this; where the civilians part of the coup and killings? NO. When did killing civilians en mass during coup become part of military.

Again forget about who i quoted and the source of the exerpts, pray tell, those names Ojukwu mentioned were they part of the coup/revolution? Those that were killed including the Igbo soldier, was he killed or not?

Honestly, I wouldnt want to join issues with you because you see nothing wrong with the killings of over 30,000 innocent Ndigbo civilians. It goes further to explain why the trend is prevailent till date. I rest my case with you, cos I can deduce that the problem you have is that "Ojukwu said it" so that makes it wrong, but you have done nothing to prove that the names he mentioned did not participate. Your hausa masters have programmed you guys brains to see anything Ojukwu said as wrong, so it will always affect your judgement process

Frankly the bolded is why I stopped believing in the idea of a common nation between Igbo and Yoruba. I know for sure (at least judging by opinions here) that they would NEVER condemn the killing of 30,000 innocent Igbo and Eastern Nigerians in 1966. I have seen here on this site that even some Northern minorities have condemned that action; but not Yoruba. Now, I also know that they would not wish same on themselves for any reason, so I've concluded that only the purest form of wickedness and hate can produce such convictions. BTW Hausa did not program them to hate us like this. lol This is ingrained and even inbred.
That is why I laugh at those thinking that Nigeria will survive. Like I keep saying, Nigeria cannot survive and we Ndigbo don't have to push it over the edge. It was programmed to fail. cool
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by dayokanu(m): 6:11am On Feb 23, 2012
High_Chief:

The more you try to cover up you more ridiculous you sound

Who is Unegbe?

You killed the Premier of the North, You killed Premier of the West, what happened to the premier of the East? Oh they forgot, He wasnt corrupt, corruption was the exclusively in the West and North

Meanwhile Okpara was welcoming Ifeajuna 48hrs later for a job well done

Lets go to the federal level, You kill the Prime Minister number 1 man, you kill the minister of finance number 3 man but somehow miraculously the number 2 man (the President) in the middle escaped.

Yet you want us to believe an inconsequential Unegbe was killed, Before the coup, what was the role of Unegbe?

What political role did he hold?

Was any Ibo political leader killed during the January 15 coup?
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by marvix(m): 6:22am On Feb 23, 2012
Pls can we just redirect dis debate, the issue 2day shld not b who was right or wrong in 1967, that was not the purpose of d OP who started dis thread, will SNC save us now in 2011, that is d question and my answer is NO!!!!, d SNC won't save us as a mata of fact at d rate we are going if we hav an SNC it wld b d basis of anoda war and this time it wld b total!!!
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by BetaThings: 6:48am On Feb 23, 2012
Eziachi:

MKO who fled to the U.K after june 12 because of the threat to his life is a hero.

I am not interested in Yoruba/Igbo issues. I am interested in MKO
Yes, MKO left the country shortly after the election he won was annulled. This is fact.
I am biased in his favour because I admired certain things in him. So I take the position that he went to rally support for the second phase of his battle with the military government. This is an opinion, but strengthened by the fact that MKO came back to the country
MKO came back to the country. Confronted Abacha, declared himself president. This is a fact
On account of his refusal to give up his mandate, he eventually lost his life in detention. This too is fact
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by Jisunpack: 6:54am On Feb 23, 2012
This is problem i have with people who see nothing wrong in drawing sympathy by claiming to be innocent. Did you by any chance see me justifying the deaths or disputing those figures?

Dude, first world war started by a single gun shot and before the rubbles of the dust settles down, guess how people were killed/became victims. When you set out to kill prime minister and some prominent politicians, you shouldn't be expecting tea party reaction . What is more annoying is that, you went ahead poppin drinks all the major northern cities like Kano. This absurd! Afteral sardauna alone worth more than 10 million souls of Igbos to a typical northerner (from my own knowledge).

so dont bring figures when talking about crisis rather i would indulge you to accept responsibility and closed out the leaks(if possible) by organizing an all inclusive round table discuss, capable of emancipating ALL from this current mess. I shrill when i you try to justify the ill fated Biafran invasion.

OK. Why then Ojukwu himself let go the Biafran ideology if he truely believes in it? He had chance of pushing for a UN resolution or peaceful actualization of Biafra from his to return to death spanning more 2 decades.

Let it GO!! Bring on table what is inn for North,West,South South,North central and middle belt and see whether Nigeria wont be in history with 2 months. Rather you choose to be harping on Aburi kangaroo arrangement between a power drunk(Ojukwu) and a nutcase called Gowon!

*Am typing with my phone.

High_Chief:

Honestly, I wouldnt want to join issues with you because you see nothing wrong with the killings of over 300,000 innocent Ndigbo civilians. It goes further to explain why the trend is prevailent till date. I rest my case with you, cos I can deduce that the problem you have is that "Ojukwu said it" so that makes it wrong, but you have done nothing to prove that the names he mentioned did not participate. Your hausa masters have programmed you guys brains to see anything Ojukwu said as wrong, so it will always affect your judgement process
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by BetaThings: 7:14am On Feb 23, 2012
Eziachi:

When the psycho called Abacha was in power, all you heard is the cry for SNC but immediatly OBJ took over, the call/clamour disappeared for 8 years and surprisingly the called returned immediately Yar Adua took over and got much louder as soon as the Ijaw fisherman took over.

Actually the clamour for national conference never went away
PRONACO was formed under obasanjo. Its chairman was Chief Enahoro
To bastardise the call for national conference, Obasanjo organised his own
I know this because he tried to use the conference to marginalise muslims. He appointed christians as the head and secretary of the conference. It was only after muslims protested that Obj grudginly appointed a muslim as co-head of the conference organised by the government

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/laolu-akande/pronaco-crisis-reorganization-pushes-enahoro-soyinka-away-from-executive-roles.html
http://www.nigeria-planet.com/nig_PRONACO_one_conference.html
http://www.socialistnigeria.org/statements/2005/9-3-05.html

BTW Obj wanted about N1b for the conference. The senate declined. They told him he had enough money to do the conference. Somehow he was able to raise that money and hold the conference. That was additional evidence that Obasanjo had been looting

Who is asking for a conference now? Actually the SS is at the vanguard. The last summit held had more people from South South.
The key organiser was Mr Tony Uranta and Prof Utomi was the moderator

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/36105-summit-gets-national-conference-panel.html

'Only the Southsouth delegates, who were in majority at the summit were able to submit names of their representatives within 10 minutes of the announcement.

Uranta later ruled out government funding, clarifying that “the summit is a totally a private initiative”. He stressed: “We did not get any support from the Federal Government. Only Lagos State government, Inspector General of Police and Lagos State Police Commissioner gave us support”. However, the secretary did not disclose the nature of support offered the summit group by the Fashola administration.'

Please if I have got my facts wrong, kindly correct me. I will correct my post accordingly
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by ACM10: 7:19am On Feb 23, 2012
Onlytruth:

Frankly the bolded is why I stopped believing in the idea of a common nation between Igbo and Yoruba. I know for sure (at least judging by opinions here) that they would NEVER condemn the killing of 30,000 innocent Igbo and Eastern Nigerians in 1966. I have seen here on this site that even some Northern minorities have condemned that action; but not Yoruba. Now, I also know that they would not wish same on themselves for any reason, so I've concluded that only [size=18pt]the purest form of wickedness and hate[/size] can produce such convictions. BTW Hausa did not program them to hate us like this. lol This is ingrained and even inbred.
That is why I laugh at those thinking that Nigeria will survive. Like I keep saying, Nigeria cannot survive and we Ndigbo don't have to push it over the edge. It was programmed to fail.  cool

To put it better. It is simply a hatred and wickedness that can only be traced to the gene level.
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by ridgeman: 7:47am On Feb 23, 2012
Please wake me up when you have decided who will represent you at a SNC. The same 'leaders' will parade themselves as your 'leaders' and the same outcome will be reached ie Nigeria is one indivisible Nation crap! Breaking up this country is the easiest thing to do but we have the wrong motives so God in his infinite wisdom has kept us together. But seriously you don't need a SNC or even civil war you just need 1 or 2 highly efficient and successfully governed regions. Once you have that in place then you can talk about a viable state(self governed people with distinct advantages of being sovereign) within a state then you can talk of SNC. But until that happens Nigeria will remain as it is.
Re: You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. by stayreal: 8:09am On Feb 23, 2012
Onlytruth:

Frankly the bolded is why I stopped believing in the idea of a common nation between Igbo and Yoruba. I know for sure (at least judging by opinions here) that they would NEVER condemn the killing of 30,000 innocent Igbo and Eastern Nigerians in 1966. I have seen here on this site that even some Northern minorities have condemned that action; but not Yoruba. Now, I also know that they would not wish same on themselves for any reason, so I've concluded that only the purest form of wickedness and hate can produce such convictions. BTW Hausa did not program them to hate us like this. lol This is ingrained and even inbred.
That is why I laugh at those thinking that Nigeria will survive. Like I keep saying, Nigeria cannot survive and we Ndigbo don't have to push it over the edge. It was programmed to fail. cool

That is the level of hatred they have for us. They justify the pogroms against innocent men, women, and children. They justify abandoned property and Awo's 20 pounds. Where are those among their people that condemn this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Special Prayers For President Buhari In Sokoto State (Photos) / 2023 Presidency: Politicians Should Have Retirement Age, Says Umahi / Tinubu Fails To Provide Vital Details Of Newly-Awarded Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.