Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo (4281 Views)

MUST READ! Senator David Mark, Ekweremadu All In Fresh Financial Scandal Worth B / Don’t Create Problems For Incoming Govt, APC Warns Jonathan’s Men / Don’t Hold Elections In Adamawa, Governor Begs INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by Businesstools(m): 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2012
Is there any one viable among the existing ones ?
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by ibide(m): 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2012
Pls we need urhobo state we are been manginalise for years
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by asoderock(m): 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2012
Why do our law makers always come up with ideas that are directly opposite to what the people want despite representing the people?

Are you sure there is no burried jazz in that chamber that hypnotise them?
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by seunlayi(m): 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2012
Is creation of state the solution to our political problems?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by Afam4eva(m): 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2012
ibide:

Pls we need urhobo state we are been manginalise for years

Who's marginalizing who in Delta state? I thought the Aniomas(Igbos) were the ones being marginalized.
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by jmoore(m): 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
jmoore:

I am from Anambra, we do not need "balancing", we need to see things working. More states, more problem

afam4eva:

I agree with you but we have to scrap the existing states ASAP. But as long as the arrangement remains like this, we need an additional state in the SE. We're loosing allocations.

What is happening to the allocations we are getting already? The governors dey pocket am.
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by Afam4eva(m): 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2012
jmoore:

What is happening to the allocations we are getting already? The governors dey pocket am.

Is it only in the south-east that governors loot the treasury? It's not as if they're not doing anything at all. Mind you Chime of Enugu and Rochas Okorocha of Imo are doing a great job so they need this allocations.
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by Dede1(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
@POST

One of the tenants of democracy is equality. There are 6 political zones in the cesspit called Nigeria. Each of these political zones has certain number of states and the states constitute the denominator through which economic grants are channeled.

It is very undemocratic if some zones have 7 states while others have 5. It is either Nigeria bumps zones with 5 states to 7 or reduces zones with 7 states to 5. No country runs democracy on the principles of inequality and injustice.
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by pasthedutc: 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2012
If a state should be created in Nigeria, it should be Aba in my own opinion. This city has great potential to compete with any industrialize cities in the world. Sadly enough, the ravenous visionless dickheads running the state are simply busy looting the state with reckless abandon.
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by manny4life(m): 11:41pm On Feb 24, 2012
jchime:

the south east can be reduced to two states

ARE'NT YOU TIRED OF BEEN TRIBALISTIC, WHY SHOULD YOU WANT SOUTH EAST TO BE REDUCED SO THAT WE WONT HAVE ENOUGH REPRESENTATIVES IN NASS TO COMBAT WHAT THYE NORTHERNERS DO THERE, MAY GOD MAKE YOU STATELESS

Brother, chill, Everyone is just throwing out ideas, after all, representatives in NASS should be based on Population wise as opposed to states. In the U.S., though every states have at least two reps, most bigger states by population have more reps than the other. By the way, the moment states are merged and reduced, what you have is a smaller NASS (shrunk by 2/3rd it's size now).

Me personally, I don't think the amount of states we have now is the issue, I believe that state governors are more like lame ducks who don't have any idea or clues about engaging fiscal policies in their states. Their states General Assembly are more clueless than they look. Though regional govt sounds more optimistic, but if you don't have a fiscal plan and strategy, even if there are 5 mega states in Nigeria, things will NEVER change.
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by GboyegaD(m): 12:20am On Feb 25, 2012
I support the creation of new states if only these new states would be 6 and each state merges the old state in each geo political region sucht that we have North West, North East, North Central, South West, South East and South South states only. SIncerely, that way each state would be sustainable and vaiable, and we would be able to grow collectively as a nation.
Re: Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo by PointB: 12:39am On Feb 25, 2012
I support the arguments that geo-political zones be the federating units. Where this is not feasible, the equalization of the states in each geo-political zones should be done. Fair is fair!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Senator Dumps APC / Full Text: Email Exchange Between Sugabelly & Abubakar Audu's Son Mustapha / God Will Bless "Snailspeed" My Nairaland Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.